[Art] Keaton the Black Jackal: Commission Preview~ (21/10/09)

Started by Sunblink, January 19, 2007, 10:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is Keaton awesome?

Yes
8 (32%)
Yes
4 (16%)
You couldn't think of a good replacement poll, could you?
13 (52%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Sunblink

...Which Will Probably Die Five Days After the Grand Opening Because Keaton's a Lazy B$%@h.

The title that I couldn't fit.

Anyway, this here is my art topic, and... since I'm sort of new to the whole 'Indexing' thing I may make a few mistakes. *crosses fingers* Here's hoping this lasts.

Request Status:
Check here to see if I'm open enough to do requests. I warn you in advance that I tend to juggle projects, so expect a considerable wait depending on the time I have and the opportunity I grab a pencil.

REQUESTS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED and will remain so until all the commissions are finished.

First Art Batch:
Because I have no life, here's just some DMFA fanart for now, two of which are new, one of which is one of my old favorites from a long while back.

DMFA: My Best Friends
DMFA: Abel Headshot
DMFA: Monster in Pink

--To Do List--
So that way I don't forget. Check back here to see updates on upcoming projects. This list will occasionally drop projects I've lost interest in, or have decided I can't fulfill them--but this does not count for requests.

• TOP PRIORITY: Finish commissions
  • TOP PRIORITY: Super-special project (1 out of 33 finished)
  • GiftArt for Gareeku, Ink, Turnsky, Ren Gaulen, and Tapewolf
  • Draw Insanity

--100 Themes List: Katherine "Keaton" Jyraneth--
1: Introductions - FINISHED
2. Love
3. Light
4. Dark - FINISHED
5. Seeking Solace
6. Break Away
7. Heaven
8. Innocence
9. Drive
10. Breathe Again
11. Memory
12. Insanity
13. Misfortune
14. Smile
15. Silence
16. Questioning
17. Blood
18. Rainbow
19. Gray
20. Fortitude
21. Vacation
22. Mother Nature
23. Cat
24. No Time
25. Trouble Lurking
26. Tears
27. Foreign
28. Sorrow
29. Happiness
30. Under the Rain
31. Flowers
32. Night
33. Expectations
34. Stars
35. Hold My Hand
36. Precious Treasure
37. Eyes
38. Abandoned
39. Dreams
40. Rated
41. Teamwork
42. Standing Still
43. Dying
44. Two Roads
45. Illusion
46. Family
47. Creation
48. Childhood - FINISHED
49. Stripes
50. Breaking the Rules
51. Sport
52. Deep in Thought
53. Keeping a Secret
54. Tower
55. Waiting
56. Danger Ahead
57. Sacrifice
58. Kick in the Head
59. No Way Out
60. Rejection
61. Fairy Tale
62. Magic - FINISHED
63. Do Not Disturb
64. Multitasking
65. Horror - FINISHED
66. Traps
67. Playing the Melody
68. Hero - FINISHED
69. Annoyance
70. 67%
71. Obsession
72. Mischief Managed
73. I Can't
74. Are You Challenging Me? - FINISHED
75. Mirror
76. Broken Pieces - FINISHED
77. Test
78. Drink
79. Starvation
80. Words
81. Pen and Paper
82. Can You Hear Me?
83. Heal
84. Out Cold - FINISHED
85. Spiral
86. Seeing Red
87. Food
88. Pain
89. Through the Fire
90. Triangle
91. Drowning
92. All That I Have
93. Give Up
94. Last Hope
95. Advertisement
96. In the Storm
97. Safety First
98. Puzzle - FINISHED
99. Solitude
100. Relaxation

--Art Index--
Posted artwork in order of release date and grouped by series and color.

January 2008
Hrafn
Xianxi, Keaton's Warp-Aci
Zedtan Ridley-d'Ombre (WIP)
Darius Cyra

February 2007
The Two Colored Versions of Xianxi
...And Zedd Colored!
Soul Calibur III: Tira, the Nightmare of Christmas
For Zina's Contest: Sharing the CPD

April 2007
Attack of the Original Characters: Piix Raiyn Daei'lunn
Xze-Xze's Request: Xzeliea (WIP)

May 2007
Jyraneth, the Clan Leader
Kamei'Sin Clan Marking
Tapewolf's Request: Johan Cross (WIP)
Johan Cross Colored!

June 2007
Keaton : Headshot
Keaton:  The Same Headshot, Colored
Xzeliea Inked
Xzeliea Colored!

July 2007
From Chronicles of the Ivory Bridge: Alice the Banette
SUPER-SPECIAL-AWESOME PROJECT BOO YAH.
Keaton: Now for Something Completely Different

August 2007
Keaton: DeviantArt ID
Hrafn: Colored
For Zedd: Oni
Lianna - Post-Jyraneth Empire
Soul Calibur III: Tira, Tira, Tira
Lianna : Before and After the Calamity
Soul Calibur III: Blood on These Goddamn Hills - WARNING: Contains Violence

September 2007
For Paladin Sheppard: Ephrael
For xHaZxMaTx: Jonas and Keaton
For Netrogo: Net Mecha-Mousie
For BillBuckner: Dorsey
Watch the Shadows Burn: Aeriko and Kytharion Sketches
Watch the Shadows Burn: The Keaton Clan - Noah, Jasmine, Esmeralda, Elizabeth, Salem, and Sierra
Watch the Shadows Burn: Tikal
Queen Xexilene: Queen of the Orin
Watch the Shadows Burn: In the Heart of the Calamity - WARNING: Contains Violence

October 2007
Keaton: Bebe Keaton
Watch the Shadows Burn: Tikal and Elysium
DMFA: Hennya
Dietricha

December 2007
Secret Santa 2007: for Fixxation

January 2008
The Revamped Red Queen: Jyraneth, the Clan Leader

March 2008
Gifts for Others, Gifts for Self: Part 1 of the Art Jam
Cel Shading and Colored Lines Experiment Using Alice the Banette

May 2008
Preview: Panel 1 of 98: Puzzle, Colored

June 2008
100 Themes #98, in its original, uncolored state
Attack of the Original Characters: Dekuyaketh
Commission #1: ShadesFox
Con Badges, Version 1 and 2

July 2008
Robin, for Zedd
Commission #2: Cogidubnus

August 2008
Inked Azrael, from Project Future

September 2008
Anatomy Practice in the form of an unfinished picture
Piix's New Clothes

October 2008
Preview from Tapewolf's Commission: The Big Bad Wolf
And the same wolf, errors corrected

December 2008
Siegfried Nox, as drawn by Ren Gaulen and inked and colored by myself
Commission #3: xHaZxMaTx

February 2009
Commission #4: Mao Laoren
Oubliette for Vexy - Inking Stage
Oubliette for Vexy
Secret Santa 2008: Hoppin

April 2009
Commission #5: Tapewolf

May 2009
Fi for the DMFA 1000th strip celebratory image.

July 2009
A portrait of Constantine and Haz's con badge

October 2009
More sparkledogs to distract people from the fact I'm lazy
I show I'm slightly less lazy by posting a preview of one of Paladin Sheppard's commissions; the world implodes due to this paradoxical phenomenon
~Keaton the Black Jackal

Zedd

Gareeku

Very cute indeed! Awesome artwork, Keaton, I especially like the Abel pic. :3

Sid

OMFG IT SUX0RZ! U CAN'T DRAW! >:O

*ducks and dodges the thrown fridges* Kidding! Kidding! :P
God, I missed you and your style! Drag your boytoyfriend away from the Wii and tell him to color these for Extra Win!

The Xander and Abel plooshies are cute as heck, and Devin looks happy-innocent there; a welcome change from his in-canon scenes :)
Abel looks... grumpy-pouting, which fits quite well for his... let's say... end-of-SAIA-arc self. Nice work with his expression, even though I have trouble finding a good caption for it ^^;
Regina... my intuition told me that you got her feet wrong since I expected her to have hooves, but after checking the wallpaper, it turns out that her feet really look that way. She looks a bit more innocent than usual, mostly because of her not doing the Evil Smirk of Doom. You seem to be on a good-vibrations trip there, seeing how Devin also looks nicer than usual :)

Overall, your pics are as awesome as always, only better. And don't worry - I will poke you if you slack off >:3
:boogie

Tapewolf

The Abel one has a somewhat angular look to it, but apart from that it's good.  I've always like the Regina one, as for Devin, it's rather poignant.  Whether that was your aim, I do not know.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Suwako

I love your style, The eyes...I don't know but I like how you draw them they fit your style.  :)

Booha~!

Sunblink

QuoteThe Abel one has a somewhat angular look to it, but apart from that it's good.  I've always like the Regina one, as for Devin, it's rather poignant.  Whether that was your aim, I do not know.

Ahhh, some constructive criticism. *rolls up sleeves* My boyfriend had mentioned the angularness of Abel's hair as well, and that was just me going a little bit too crazy with the hair. XD That's what happens when I sketch, rather than draw freehand, like I did with the Regina picture--which I'm glad you liked. As for the Devin image, I merely drew it because I thought the concept would be cute, and not because I wanted to be manipulative in any way. Also because I felt somewhat sorry for his younger self. ...though, *checks the definition for the word poignant, and notices the multiple descriptions* I'm just going for the first immediate one which means "keenly distressing to the feelings". XD;

Quote*ducks and dodges the thrown fridges* Kidding! Kidding! :P
God, I missed you and your style! Drag your boytoyfriend away from the Wii and tell him to color these for Extra Win!

The Xander and Abel plooshies are cute as heck, and Devin looks happy-innocent there; a welcome change from his in-canon scenes :)
Abel looks... grumpy-pouting, which fits quite well for his... let's say... end-of-SAIA-arc self. Nice work with his expression, even though I have trouble finding a good caption for it ^^;
Regina... my intuition told me that you got her feet wrong since I expected her to have hooves, but after checking the wallpaper, it turns out that her feet really look that way. She looks a bit more innocent than usual, mostly because of her not doing the Evil Smirk of Doom. You seem to be on a good-vibrations trip there, seeing how Devin also looks nicer than usual :)

Oh. O_O *lowers the next projectile, which happens to be a sofa* Jeez, Sid, thanks for the really in-depth comment! XD I might as well respond to it *cracks knuckles*
First, about the Abel picture, I'm really happy you like it--and that you were able to get a good expression off of it when, in my opinion, there wasn't =P It was more of a lazy thing. XD I really did it more for practice of the spots and the hair, which I always loved in the comic. XD
As  for Regina, blah, I never liked her feet. =P I'm more happy with her torso, chest *cough*, hair, and wings. X3 Yet it's still one of my favorites.
And about Devin... I'm really happy you enjoy this one, too. XD Especially the cuteness. That was my biggest intention with this picture, just to make people go 'awwww :D'. Maybe I should color this one... it'd be pretty easy, too since it isn't all that detailed, except for Abel's spots, which are going to be lots of HATE.

Wow, thanks for the comments, everybody! I'm glad you guys like the art. Here's the next picture, but it's rather flawed. I'm well aware that the forelegs seem to be protruding awkwardly out of the chest itself--that's going to be fixed eventually in the inking process. I'm still pretty fond of the picture, though, because of most of her body itself, because it came out well since I don't draw quadrepeds often, and I adore her hair. XD This WILL be colored one day.

Hrafn

I don't care what any of you say, Pokemon can still be cool. :P Except for the TV show. The games rock. The show never made me look at the game the same way again until I was fourteen.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Zina

I missed seeing your art around here. I'm rather fond of your style. Don't stop postiiiiiing.
I love the picture of Devin, it's adorable. Diabete's inducing, even. Makes me want an Abel and Xander doll, as well.
The Regina one looks a little off to me. Either one of her legs is longer than the other, or the knees are in different places on each. I do like all the detail you put on her, though. Regina can be a pain to draw. I tried it once. I'm still recovering. D:
Hee, Houndoom. <3 One of my favorite pokemon. I love the pose and the way you did the paws. I would look at defining the chest/stomach area, as right now it looks like she's all legs.

Keep posting art herrrre. D:

King Of Hearts

Lovely style!

Strong angular lines give quite an air of confidence to your work. Simple, strong, and clean.

Sunblink

Quote from: Zina on January 21, 2007, 04:19:51 PM
I missed seeing your art around here. I'm rather fond of your style. Don't stop postiiiiiing.
I love the picture of Devin, it's adorable. Diabete's inducing, even. Makes me want an Abel and Xander doll, as well.
The Regina one looks a little off to me. Either one of her legs is longer than the other, or the knees are in different places on each. I do like all the detail you put on her, though. Regina can be a pain to draw. I tried it once. I'm still recovering. D:
Hee, Houndoom. <3 One of my favorite pokemon. I love the pose and the way you did the paws. I would look at defining the chest/stomach area, as right now it looks like she's all legs.

Keep posting art herrrre. D:

I missed posting it here, really--I'm surprised I didn't sign up to the new forum sooner. I'll certainly keep posting... Otherwise Sid'll hit me. D:

I'm really glad you like the Devin picture, it's one of my favorites. >D Lil' Devin needed some love, so I gave it to him... in the form of adorable plushies of his favorite nemesis and Adventuring partner.
After inspecting the legs on the Regina picture, I realized that you're absolutely right--the legs ARE off, holy crap. Originally I intended for them to be so because her foot was elevated on a stone, but the leg length is... eek. Crap. If only I spotted this error sooner... thanks a lot for pointing it out. =)
Houndoom needs lots and lots of luv. Oddly enough, I've never, ever had one for my Gameboy game. O_o Huh. The pose and the paws, besides the hair, are probably my favorite aspects about the picture as well. As for the stomach area, you're right--I'll need to look at that one and examine the picture closely.

Thanks so much for your comments, everybody! I really need to change the title of this topic so that way it'll reflect new updates. That way, everybody can know when I've updated and not that I'm just bumping an old topic into infinity. =P

Here is the next picture, of my character Keaton's Warp-Aci, Xianxi.

CLICK HERE

Name: Xianxi
Nicknames: Xia
Status: Owner (Katherine Beatrix Jyraneth (Keaton the Black Jackal))
Family: Unknown
Species: Warp-Aci
Hobbies: Obeying orders, transporting menial objects or performing equally menial tasks
Hair Colour: None
Eye Colour: White
Often Seen: Serving Keaton
Most known for: Living past the usual expiration date among Keaton's Warp-Aci.
Favorite Food: None
Favorite Colour: None
Special Abilities: Teleportation, slightly stronger than the average Warp-Aci
Best Trait: Dedicated, determined
Worst Trait: Self-depreciating, lacks confidence, servile

Xianxi (pronounced Zee-yan-zee) is the longest-living Warp Aci of Keaton's, as most of them have either been 'removed' from this plane in one way or another due to an accident in a carelessly-assigned, dangerous task, or have just been stripped of their postion and sent back home when Keaton grew tired of them or they didn't satisfy her perfectionist standards.

As you can see, Keaton's a rather frivolous person, and demands only the finest efforts from her Warp-Aci, who she treats as her subordinates rather than anything else. If anything, Xianxi is the closest thing to that standard of monotone obedience she's summoned so far. Xianxi is a very stoic creature, dedicated solely to obeying its orders and carrying them out with discipline and efficiency. Pumped full of brainwashing emotions and thoughts that have completely erased his former self, he now exists only to serve both Keaton and the legacy of Clan Jyraneth, and nothing else. Because of this, he constantly tends to his mistress's every whim, feeling restless whenever he's left idle, and even degenerating into desperate insanity. While resolute on the outside, he suffers from lack of self esteem and an almost disturbing need to serve, and Keaton likes it that way--especially the fact that he would do ANYTHING that she demands from him, no matter how outrageous or unscrupulous.

Not to mention his schizophrenic, servile, somewhat insane nature.

Trivia:
- Xianxi is modeled after the clan leader of Keaton's clan, Jyraneth. She was rumored to resemble an anubis of some sort, so it became the legendary icon of the clan. The heads of Keaton's wing-tentacles are designed in a similar way.
- Xianxi doesn't tolerate failure of any kind, especially his own. He never speaks unless spoken to, and even then only opens his nonexistent mouth when Keaton permits it, or when she is talking to him.
- Xianxi is stronger than the average Warp-Aci, thanks to the spell that summoned him. However, he is still not strong enough to ursurp dominance from Keaton--and even if he could, he wouldn't dare to. He only has enough power to get the job done, and to at least put up a fight against potential threats.
- Xianxi modifies his tail so that way the two prongs forking the tip fuse together before he teleports people and things.

Hope you guys enjoyed the little backstory. :3 Xianxi is still under construction, so he's prone to little revisions of his history and personality. When it updates, I'll inform you with the next picture.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 22, 2007, 07:06:37 PM
I'm really glad you like the Devin picture, it's one of my favorites. >D Lil' Devin needed some love, so I gave it to him... in the form of adorable plushies of his favorite nemesis and Adventuring partner.
Pedantic I know, but we don't know who actually did kill Devin yet...

Yes, it's a nice picture, it's just kind of sad when you know what's going to happen later.

Houndoom needs lots and lots of luv.
I don't know the reference, but it's well drawn, if somewhat skinny.

QuoteHere is the next picture, of my character Keaton's Warp-Aci, Xianxi.

Warp Aci as we've seen them tend to be somewhat more dumpy and ill-defined.  In other words, your picture is too good - although it will probably look more like your regular Aci if it's coloured in and given a halo of energy around it.

And the backstory is making me curious.  I certainly wouldn't want to work for Keaton... does she currently feature in any stories or stuff?  And who designed the clan symbol?

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Sid

Nothing like logging in at the comp. pool and getting an Abel's Story AND a KBJ pic! :)

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 22, 2007, 07:06:37 PM
I'll certainly keep posting... Otherwise Sid'll hit me. D:

I'll totally do it! Don't think I won't! *waves fridge* >:O

Bit more on-topic again, the Warp-Aci is cute without being too cute. The "Look, I just work here, okay?" expression works nice in combination with the backstory. Lastly, the split tail is a nice touch in my eyes.

I just wonder what his aura color would be (I assume it would be based on Katherine's influence, just like Fi's color changed, depending on current owner)...

If I remember correctly, you also had designs for your Cubi character on the old forum or so... I (just like Tapewolf) certainly would be interested in more information about the character and the associated Clan. :)
:boogie

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 22, 2007, 07:32:00 PMWarp Aci as we've seen them tend to be somewhat more dumpy and ill-defined.  In other words, your picture is too good - although it will probably look more like your regular Aci if it's coloured in and given a halo of energy around it.

And the backstory is making me curious.  I certainly wouldn't want to work for Keaton... does she currently feature in any stories or stuff?  And who designed the clan symbol?

Once more, thanks for the constructive criticism--it's much appreciated. And I've already asked someone to try and color it--but as a head's up, Xianxi's aura and clan marking are both white, almost like the neutral state of a Warp-Aci (as displayed by Fi shortly after being ejected from the portal in the sword). As for Keaton... she isn't featured in any stories yet, but she's steadily being worked on as we speak. Soon I may have a picture up about her, and maybe a profile and some information on her clan. I designed the clan marking personally.

The Jyraneth clan marking itself.

QuoteI'll totally do it! Don't think I won't! *waves fridge* >:O

Bit more on-topic again, the Warp-Aci is cute without being too cute. The "Look, I just work here, okay?" expression works nice in combination with the backstory. Lastly, the split tail is a nice touch in my eyes.

I just wonder what his aura color would be (I assume it would be based on Katherine's influence, just like Fi's color changed, depending on current owner)...

If I remember correctly, you also had designs for your Cubi character on the old forum or so... I (just like Tapewolf) certainly would be interested in more information about the character and the associated Clan.

Heh, it's great to see another comment from you, Sid. =P If you keep this up I'll probably start to expect these from you, meaning I'll keep bugging you until you respond. >=O And I'm very happy this picture is being well-recieved... and that you liked the expression and tail. I wasn't really going for a bored expression, but rather a monotone, drained one, as though constantly exhausted or completely resolute.

In response to your questions, just scroll a bit up toward my response to Tapewolf. I WOULD post my sketches for Keaton, but are no longer relevant to the character's design, which has evolved greatly since the last time I drew Keaton. Maybe I'll get a proper picture up of her.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

A couple more comments about the warp-aci - firstly, while the split tail is kind of cool, it's going to impact its ability to actually warp.  Going by the Demonology, the tail is used to cut through dimensional boundaries - what a forked tail like that would do to the fabric of spacetime I don't care to venture.
Of course, being somewhat polymorphic it might well be that they morph the tail into a more suitable shape when actually warping and split it again afterwards.

Secondly, I've never really liked warp-acis, but the more I look at this one, the more tempted I am to add one in the next series of Pettersohn stories.

"Gah," I said.  "Forget it!  I know some people think they're for girls, and frankly I don't care about that, but have you ever met one of those irritating little beasts?  You can sit there in the dark for four days and nights or more, concentrating on the spell of summoning, and what do you get out of it?  A whiny little nuisance that's wholly dependent on you for the rest of your life.  They're always eating, and they don't necessarily care whose food they take, I might add.  Started a lot of arguments at SAIA, I can tell you."
--CJP chapter 7

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 24, 2007, 07:30:28 AM
A couple more comments about the warp-aci - firstly, while the split tail is kind of cool, it's going to impact its ability to actually warp.  Going by the Demonology, the tail is used to cut through dimensional boundaries - what a forked tail like that would do to the fabric of spacetime I don't care to venture.
Of course, being somewhat polymorphic it might well be that they morph the tail into a more suitable shape when actually warping and split it again afterwards.

Secondly, I've never really liked warp-acis, but the more I look at this one, the more tempted I am to add one in the next series of Pettersohn stories.

"Gah," I said.  "Forget it!  I know some people think they're for girls, and frankly I don't care about that, but have you ever met one of those irritating little beasts?  You can sit there in the dark for four days and nights or more, concentrating on the spell of summoning, and what do you get out of it?  A whiny little nuisance that's wholly dependent on you for the rest of your life.  They're always eating, and they don't necessarily care whose food they take, I might add.  Started a lot of arguments at SAIA, I can tell you."
--CJP chapter 7

Oof, I never took that into account. Really, I figured it would just be stylish, because I noticed some Warp-Aci here whose tails don't seem paper-like at all. We'll probably assume that Xianxi morphs his tail into a more appropriate shape before warping Keaton back and forth, like you suggested.

Interesting and humorous quote, too. I'm going to need to check out your story... I'll respond to the topic once I've caught up with it.

And woo! Xze-Xze responded to my topic! XD

Quotewhy do animie characters look so syrupy sweet looking?

Heck if I know. :o Honestly, I think it's a conspiracy, but people won't believe me. D:

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Sunblink

Is it alright for me to double-post? Shadrok did it once, so I'm just going to give it a shot...

Not much to say here. Sooner or later I'll work on the contest picture for Zina once I get a good pose idea, and the character design sheet for Keaton, but first up here's a requested picture for none other than Zedd. Hope you like it.

CLICK HERE

This picture started out nicely enough, but it was when I moved to the lower body that it grew sort of iffy. So to those who criticize, be a bit gentle, alright? I'm pretty much unhappy with everything about this picture except for the head and a little of the upper body. Oh well. Kudos to me for remembering to put in Zedd's eye markings.

This picture WILL be colored in the future.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

It's definitely Zedd.  The lower body does seem a little rushed, but I can't argue with the rest of it.  In fact I'll have to study how you did the wings.

Aridas

It's not as bad as you seem to think.. don't be too hard on yourself.

Zedd

xHaZxMaTx

Nifty arts. :3

The pic of Zedd seems fine except for his right shoe - it doesn't seem to be at enough of an angle to match the rest of the pic.  But that's all I see that's 'wrong'.

Sunblink

Wow, looks like the Zedd picture was better recieved than I thought it would be. Thanks a lot, everybody.   :boogie

Since I kind of liked how the wings turned out with the Zedd picture, I decided that I should give it another shot, only this time with a more detailed edge, and in the case of another Cubi character of mine.

CLICK HERE

Introducing Darius Cyra, the Dark Magic teacher of SAIA. Don't expect to see this guy in any stories, and even if he was going to be in one, he's heavily under construction, and just a concept character. If there's another SAIA RP just like in the original board, he may... just may... make an appearance. Until then, I'll steadily be working on this enigmatic character.

Name: Darius Cyra
Nicknames: Dari
Height: 7'3"
Weight: 240 lbs
Family: Unknown
Species: Great Dane Incubus
Hobbies: Reading, writing, magic
Hair Colour: Rust, with chocolate tips.
Eye Colour: Teal
Often Seen: Teaching, seducing
Most known for: His teaching methods, his abilities with Dark Magic
Favorite Food: Pain, Lust
Favorite Colour: Silver
Special Abilities: Highly skilled at Dark Magic, deep understanding of Light-oriented magic, accomplished at metamorphosis, and skilled with seduction. Element resistant. Has, unfortunately, neglected all other elements such as fire and ice.
Best Trait: Intelligent, confident
Worst Trait: Cutthroat, egomaniacal, sadistic

Personality: Reclusive, inscrutable, and all-around an almost enticing character, Darius is one of the more notorious teachers on SAIA's staff. Renowned for his direct, almost tempestruous teaching methods, and his equal thirst for intelligence, Darius has made teaching his life, and throws himself into his job with as much effort and gusto as he can muster. Having existed for thousands of years, it is no surprise that Darius's experience has garnered quite a considerable amount of know-how, on and off the battlefield, and he effectively brandishes every inkling of knowledge he possesses when before a classroom of students. Behind this clearly shines a sadistic, almost despicably ruthless character, intent on finding amusement wherever he can find it--and often in the most vicious ways. It comes as no surprise that Darius's barbarous nature frequently saturates his teaching, and that he happily holds no regrets about his behavior whatsoever.

Even if his students are visibly unnerved by it.

History: For now, Darius's history is unknown, save for the exceptions of a few members of the SAIA staff. More information on his history will be added as an acceptable biography is created.

Quirks/Fun Facts:
-Darius's favorite author is Edgar Allen Poe.
-In his spare time, Darius is actually a very talented author. Unsurprisingly, he specializes in macabre stories.
-Darius is surprisingly adept at seduction, and has lured many a person to their doom via these lascivious abilities. He has no discriminations about gender, species, or race--they all taste the same to him.
-Darius is absolutely obsessed with dominance for reasons unknown. It could simply be the result of his overinflated ego, but events in his life may have dictated his behavior.

Darius's Quote: "Pain is somewhat of an underappreciated art, really. Sometimes, I don't realize what the fuss is about..."

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

Hmm... it looks like you've used my composite design for the Cyra Clan marking.  :P

Criticisms.. the eye is perhaps too big.  I'm curious as to what the ragged thing down his side is, and is he actually wearing anything?  It's a little difficult to tell.

That aside, it's nicely done.

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 31, 2007, 06:46:36 PM
Hmm... it looks like you've used my composite design for the Cyra Clan marking.  :P

Criticisms.. the eye is perhaps too big.  I'm curious as to what the ragged thing down his side is, and is he actually wearing anything?  It's a little difficult to tell.

That aside, it's nicely done.

You have observed correctly. :P I couldn't find a very detailed or consistent reference from the comic, so I used the more reliable one from Wikipedia.

And ah, I believe you're right with the eye. That little detail ticks me off somewhat... I'll need to fix that one day. As for what the ragged thing down his side is, that's his marking, which covers the entirety of his back, avoiding his wings. As for what he's wearing... uh, not really anything. If I were to draw his lower half, though, he'd likely be sporting a cute little fig leaf over his crotch.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 31, 2007, 07:09:40 PM
As for what the ragged thing down his side is, that's his marking, which covers the entirety of his back, avoiding his wings.
Ah.  It looks a little like it's protruding out, see, so I wondered if it was a tattered robe like Zedd's usual attire.

QuoteAs for what he's wearing... uh, not really anything.
Again, I wasn't sure - where his chest meets his neck is an angular shape, which could have been some tight-fitting clothing or apron or something.  If I remember tomorrow, I might play around with the eye myself.

Sunblink

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 31, 2007, 07:15:37 PM
wikipedia, or wikupedia? :-)

Wikupedia, my bad. XD Thanks for all your hard work on it, by the way, guys. I might need to contribute to it myself.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on February 01, 2007, 07:58:55 AM
Wikupedia, my bad. XD Thanks for all your hard work on it, by the way, guys. I might need to contribute to it myself.

Reminds me, we need the Dragons article.  I'm going to have to get down and rewrite Amber's description since re-licensing her website as GPL is probably not a good idea :P

Oh, and this is what Darius looks like with the eye at half-size:

The positioning might need a little adjustment, but it's just an experiment.

(The score at half-time:  Symbian 2, Me 1)