[Art] Keaton the Black Jackal: Commission Preview~ (21/10/09)

Started by Sunblink, January 19, 2007, 10:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is Keaton awesome?

Yes
8 (32%)
Yes
4 (16%)
You couldn't think of a good replacement poll, could you?
13 (52%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Ren Gaulen

techmaster-glitch

I dun liek beef :<

However, from the -very fleeting- glimpse of the pic I had, it seemed like it was well done... :B

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

Ren Gaulen

Amber Williams

Oh hay! Christmas came early for Amber its seems. :U

This is my new favorite thread. :3

Sunblink

...How did this thread grow so quickly overnight?

WHO ARE ALL OF YOU PEOPLE?! D:

No, seriously. Thank you all for the feedback. c: I'm probably going to implement the finer brushes to use furry effects in later inking projects... a comic called Suicide For Hire (NSFW) has been doing something relatively similar. If I make the lines taper as I do in other parts of the picture, it should lend itself well to the style.

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 22, 2008, 11:53:44 AM
Oh hay! Christmas came early for Amber its seems. :U

This is my new favorite thread. :3

!

*Wild AMBER has appeared!*

*KEATON uses BEEFCAKE!*

*It's super effective!*

*KEATON uses MASTER BALL!*

Seriously, omigod yay thank you c: *squee*

WhiteFox

You mean, http://suicideforhire.comicgenesis.com/ No www in the addy.

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on December 22, 2008, 09:54:43 PM
...How did this thread grow so quickly overnight?

Thats what happens when you feed a thread grade-A Beefcake.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

e_voyager

nice. i wish i could bring the images in my mind to life they way you guys do.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Amber Williams

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on December 22, 2008, 09:54:43 PM
*Wild AMBER has appeared!*

*KEATON uses BEEFCAKE!*

*It's super effective!*

*KEATON uses MASTER BALL!*

Seriously, omigod yay thank you c: *squee*

Narfing woman!  This is why I only show up once per game! Freaking kids! *rolls around in a ball*

ShadesFox

The All Purpose Fox

Sunblink

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 23, 2008, 11:02:20 AM
Narfing woman!  This is why I only show up once per game! Freaking kids! *rolls around in a ball*

Oh no! D: Well, good thing I have a GameShark.

Sunblink

Commission time, yo!

Time Taken:
Drawing: Unknown
Inking: 1 Day
Coloring: 3 Days

And now I rest. Blargh. Look at the DA link for more information, and full view for chrissake.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Yugo

https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Ren Gaulen

Jairus

Awesome job, Keaton. It looks great. I'll have to commission you at some point, just so I can have bragging rights. Rest up, now.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Sunblink

Thanks for all the feedback, guys! :) I'm glad you all like the shading on the different colors. Locking transparent pixels is my friend.

Quote from: Jairus on December 24, 2008, 06:01:26 PM
Awesome job, Keaton. It looks great. I'll have to commission you at some point, just so I can have bragging rights. Rest up, now.

Haha. XD I appreciate this, Jairus, but once I'm done with commissions it'll be a LONG time before I start accepting them again. They're too draining even when I do them at my leisure and I miss drawing for myself.

Mao

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on December 25, 2008, 11:12:45 AM
Thanks for all the feedback, guys! :) I'm glad you all like the shading on the different colors. Locking transparent pixels is my friend.

Quote from: Jairus on December 24, 2008, 06:01:26 PM

Haha. XD I appreciate this, Jairus, but once I'm done with commissions it'll be a LONG time before I start accepting them again. They're too draining even when I do them at my leisure and I miss drawing for myself.

D:  But, but I tried so hard to make it easy on you. :S  I wanna commission more stuff eventually.

WhiteFox

I love his expression. His left shoulder looks too far out, though.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Sunblink

Thanks to everyone for their comments on my last picture. :) Turned out better than I thought it would... XD

I just finished this, so Imma just gonna drop this link in everyone's laps.

Time Taken:
  • Drawing: 3 Days
  • Inking: 2 Days
  • Coloring: Unknown
Currently Listening To: "See You in My Nightmares," by Kanye West

This was already mostly-finished, so I whipped up a background for it so that way it's out of the way. And now I'm 80% finished on Tapewolf's and a-truckin' towards completion.

Honestly, if you want to hear more input regarding the picture, just click the link. And please click the "Download" function in order to view the picture at full resolution instead of the crappy condensed version in DA.

Expect to see another commission finished soon... >:3

Ren Gaulen

W00t! Now I know what Mao really looks like! :>

Great work, Keats. The pose actually looks neat.

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

As I've said on DA (and in MSN and don't mind saying again) this is an excellent view of Mao and I can honestly say that it goes over and above my expectations.  Though I do want to address one thing that was said.

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on February 07, 2009, 02:57:11 PM
W00t! Now I know what Mao really looks like! :>

This is a joint view of my character.  It's a mix of my explanation of Mao, and Keatons impressions of him.  The real him only exists in my head.  That's a place you don't want to see. :P

Back to the drawing though.  It goes without saying, as one need only look at the picture to note it, that this is an excellent drawing.  The color, the shading, the background, the text...all of that is incredible.

There is a small critique, and I went over it with Keats but to me it's not of any consequence.  The one that I teased her about was the arms.  They're quite small, especially when you look at how large the legs are.  The good thing is that is all that I can personally think of that would warrant any complaint what-so-ever.

So with that said.... <3 Keats.   :eager   :tighthug

WhiteFox

The arms look the right length to me... I think the head is larger then a real life head, and in comparison the arms look short.

(*eyeballs some measurements*) the elbows and wrists would come down to the bottom of the ribcage and inseam, respectively, so the arms seem to be right. But the torso is only two head heights tall, from chin to inseam.

I think his expression is awesome, btw, and I love the quote.

Hell yes I'll eat dessert first, thank you very much.

(PS: Keats, I sent you a PM.)

[Edit] (Got a response to the PM.)

Your work is very sharp and clean, but doesn't express volume or textural surfaces. In the first case, I think it's the shading. In the second case... well, hair and fabric are freaking annoying no matter what. Any little thing will make them look unnatural. I like the highlight on the tuft of fur on his tail, though.

The clothes really seem to conform tightly to the body. I get the feeling there should be more folds and gathers around the knees, hips, and shoulders.

I love the graphic elements around the edge and in the background. They're not distracting, and the composition is dynamic. The text would be more readable if more of it were on a contrasting background, like the middle line. Making text easily readable is an art all on it's own, though.

His expression is great, I love that smirk. It's somewhere between quirky and smug. It matches the quote perfectly. The anatomy and proportion looks good too. (The head is large, but that's pretty well a standard)

Gabi

Wow, cool!

I hadn't realized his ears were that big until now.

I've also read the comment. Does that mean that Mao belongs to Amber?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Mao

Uhh, no.  Mao is mine Gabi.  However afaik the race Nictarl is Ambers.  Though the idea of a Cabbit (which is essentially what a Nictarl is, feline/(rabbit/hare) hybrid) is not hers.

WhiteFox

Well... I suppose if Amber has the Nictari, she could ask Mao not to use the race. But I don't think that means Amber owns Mao, only that Amber is allowed to say if and how Nictari can and cannot be used.

I'm not very read up on trademarks and copyright laws. Hm.

Gabi

I was just playing with logic. If Mao is a Nictarl and Nictarls belong to Amber, then by logical deduction Mao is Amber's property.

In other words, it was a silly joke. Sorry.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

WhiteFox

Oh. You mean "belongs" as in "Belongs to amber, wears a loincloth and wafts a palm frond."

Yeah. That sounds right.