[Art] Keaton the Black Jackal: Commission Preview~ (21/10/09)

Started by Sunblink, January 19, 2007, 10:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is Keaton awesome?

Yes
8 (32%)
Yes
4 (16%)
You couldn't think of a good replacement poll, could you?
13 (52%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 01, 2007, 08:15:45 AM
Oh, and this is what Darius looks like with the eye at half-size:

The positioning might need a little adjustment, but it's just an experiment.

(The score at half-time:  Symbian 2, Me 1)

Hmm, not bad. I think it would need to be a weeeee bit bigger, and to be positioned right (just like you said :P)... then I think it would look pretty darn good. Makes Darius look more mature, too, as I normally attribute large eyes to children.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 01, 2007, 08:38:46 AM
I've updated the image with a 60%-size eye.  The older 50% one can be found here:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/scraps/darius_eye50.png

Ah, that looks much, much better. Thanks a lot for experimenting--it's really appreciated. :) A lot less messy than just erasing and redrawing constantly. Screws with the paper.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Sunblink

Ooookay, yet another double-post. I'M SORRY, MODERATORS! PLEASE DON'T RAIN YOUR RIGHTEOUS WRATH UPON MY UNWORTHY SOUL.

Ahem. That little bit of ass-kissing aside, me and a friend happened to collaborate on the picture of everyone's (okay, just mine) favorite demented Warp-Aci, and as a side-project I did my own version. Mind you, she got the aura and marking color wrong, unfortunately. Blah, it still looks absolutely fantastic. Everyone give Sian a big ol' round of applause! She really deserves it for not only coloring the image, but inking it as well.

HER VERSION

MY VERSION

The inking for mine was done in Macromedia Freehand, while the coloring was done in Photoshop CS. The lightning was done thanks to the instructions in a tutorial here.

Enjoy.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

Zedd

xHaZxMaTx

llearch n'n'daCorna

FWIW, Keaton, double-posts by owners of art threads are generally ignored. Provided you're providing content, of course.... :-)

You're welcome to keep kissing arse, though. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Nikki

wow 0w0
your art is Kick-ass!

i'd love to see how you'd draw teh Xze <3

(not asking >>)

Keep it up!!! =3

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Sunblink

Quote from: Xzeliea Fantra on February 06, 2007, 04:09:00 PM
wow 0w0
your art is Kick-ass!

i'd love to see how you'd draw teh Xze <3

(not asking >>)

Keep it up!!! =3

Hey, thank you, Xze! *bows, bows* And thanks to EVERYBODY for your awesome comments! I really appreciate every last one of them. I'll be sure to work on the next picture as soon as possible... I'm currently working on a profile for my Cubi character which'll be posted along with her image, when I complete it.

Teh Xze, huh? :3 Well, if you give me a proper description/picture of her, I'd be more than happy to try drawing her. Just don't expect a colored version just yet--I'm working on Zedd's picture at the moment. It's in the inking stages, and should be done... uh... I'm not really sure when. But it'll be done, I can tell ya that.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Nikki

hm....*thinks* well...

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k182/xzexze/Xze/zodiac001.jpg

thats the most recent profile i've made for her...but i've removed all the auto-mail parts (i'm out of my FMA stage >w>; )

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g147/Rheaspenguinshop/Xzeliea/zodiac059.jpg

that's what her..left? right?...whatever...angel wing looks like w/out the auto-mail parts...and hopefully you can guess her arm and leg XD *serches her photobucket just in case*

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Sunblink

Quote from: Xzeliea Fantra on February 07, 2007, 11:17:46 AM
hm....*thinks* well...

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k182/xzexze/Xze/zodiac001.jpg

thats the most recent profile i've made for her...but i've removed all the auto-mail parts (i'm out of my FMA stage >w>; )

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g147/Rheaspenguinshop/Xzeliea/zodiac059.jpg

that's what her..left? right?...whatever...angel wing looks like w/out the auto-mail parts...and hopefully you can guess her arm and leg XD *serches her photobucket just in case*

Hmm, okay, I think that's just enough reference for me to work on a picture, but like I said, it'll take me a long while. I'll try my best to get this all worked out. :3

Okay, so fresh out of Photoshop, I've finally got Zedd's picture finished!

CLICK HERE

I guess I'm happy with how everything turned out, but the wings were lots of HATE. It was difficult shading all of the different hues of black, especially when you use a black brush to do the shading itself. I'm not as gleeful over this picture as I am with the one of Xianxi, though, since there is no background (I'm really not all that great at adding backgrounds--the only reason I was able to do that with the other picture was because the outerglow concealed all of the stray pixels, and I wanted to properly show off Xianxi's white aura.

But here it is. I hope you like it, Zedd!

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on February 09, 2007, 02:47:24 PM

Well personally, I think you're on to a winner with that one.  In fact, if you're taking requests...
http://www.jpmorris.force9.co.uk/stuff/jakob/

Zedd

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 09, 2007, 04:00:19 PM
Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on February 09, 2007, 02:47:24 PM

Well personally, I think you're on to a winner with that one.  In fact, if you're taking requests...
http://www.jpmorris.force9.co.uk/stuff/jakob/

Woot! Victory! Both Tapewolf and Zedd like the picture!

As for requests, I'm taking them, but I'm absolutely horrible at tending to them. I'd be more than happy to draw your character, however, Tapewolf. :) I need to churn out more art anyway, and your character has quite the vivid, awesome backstory.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Nikki

Sunblink

Blah, updating this topic with old art from last year so to prevent this topic from dropping off the map entirely. That would suck.

CLICK HERE

Those who have played Soul Calibur III may or may not recognize the scantily-clad young lady with the hulahoop-shaped weapon here. Her name is Tira, a bipolar, mega-freaking-insane assassin murderer who serves the Azure Knight, Nightmare, and slaughters people for him. I'm currently working on a fanfiction detailing her history--if anyone's interested, I'll post the link sometime since I'm shy about showing off my fanfiction in its own topic. *blushes and snickers*

This was done for the Tira fanclub on DeviantArt, hence the Christmas theme. Sooner or later this picture will be colored, since I've already completed the inking from a while back. I just need to work on the f#$king ringblade.

My apologies go to those who have requested pictures of their characters--this may take longer than originally anticipated, since I need to finish a picture that I owe Zina for her contest, and a Valentine's picture for mah boyfriend. Until then, please be patient with me. Things have been hectic lately.

Well, I have places to go and people to see. ...well actually, not really. As I type this message I'm in school, and the most I see is the beta fish that the Math teacher keeps.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Zedd

Sunblink

Not feeling at my best, so I'm gonna make this as quick as possible. This here is my submission for Zina's contest. The objective of the contest is to draw a character of the artist's interacting with her character, Tristan, and somehow incorporating the theme 'music' into the image.

CLICK HERE

The scene is simple: Keaton, as portrayed for the first time in chibi form, is enlightening Tristan about the existence of an excellent swing band known as the Cherry Poppin' Daddies (please please please don't laugh. XD I know it's a stupid name), which is responsible for songs such as 'Dr. Bones', 'Zoot Suit Riot', and 'Brown Derby Jump'. Simple, like I said.

I had to finish this thing in record time, so there are probably a zillion things wrong with it. I'm not used to full body shots, so there's a lot of anatomy errors. XD;

~Keaton the Black Jackal
PS: I REALLY hope I don't get in trouble for the topic-revival. If it's a problem, I'll make a new one.

Aisha deCabre

First chance to look through your pictures, and I gotta say that's some nice art you've got, K.   :3  Looking forward to more.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Zedd

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on March 18, 2007, 03:51:07 PM
PS: I REALLY hope I don't get in trouble for the topic-revival. If it's a problem, I'll make a new one.

*cough* *Your* topic, in the Tower of Art (and -only- the Tower of Art) gets some leeway.

The mods are not rabid. Well... we're not -all- rabid. Much. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Sunblink

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 18, 2007, 08:09:31 PM
Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on March 18, 2007, 03:51:07 PM

*cough* *Your* topic, in the Tower of Art (and -only- the Tower of Art) gets some leeway.

The mods are not rabid. Well... we're not -all- rabid. Much. ;-]

Phew. XD Just making sure that everything's a-okay. I didn't want to accidentally break a rule.

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on March 18, 2007, 08:18:30 PM
so are you going to draw Jakob in the near future?

Absolutely. Now that the contest picture is out of the way, I can do the request pictures that are piled up.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

I thought I'd replied to this, but apparently it got lost in a browser crash.
Just to say, nice one of Tristan.  Keaton herself I'm not sure I've seen before, so I don't have a frame of reference for her in chibified form.

Sunblink

Not feeling at my best, physically, so I'm going to keep this update as short and sweet as possible... which means I'll probably start off ambiguously but then go into some almighty tangent that nobody will read. :P

I kid. I kid.

CLICK HERE

To those who have requested pictures, I apologize sincerely for the wait. There's no real excuse for this. I just absolutely suck crap at completing requests as I've learned from disappointing experiences. However, keep your eyes open--I am NOT going to abandon anything. I have poses ready (stolen from books and such :P) and the pictures in mind. Once more, I'm sorry for the wait.

About the picture. You'll notice that this isn't a DMFA-based work, nor a recognizable character from any popular fandom. That's because it isn't. This is Piix, a character I've had for three years of my life and who has went through severe evolutions from a poorly-concieved ripoff of a Pokemon-Digimon combination to her own alien species, complete with countless bits of information. Hopefully, I'm planning on writing a story about Piix and her companions in a future date once I come up with an original plot and have finished developing the characters... one that I hope on getting published.

For those who have any questions regarding Piix and her species, I'll be happy to answer.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

Cute and nicely-drawn.  Somewhat malnourished, although that would seem to be a general trait with your art style.  Besides, many of the characters you've drawn don't need to eat anyway...

Aisha deCabre

A most adorable picture, K!  Reminds me somewhat of a Norn from the game Creatures 2, but a lot more evolved.  And probably a little more behaved.  xD  Love the feet and claws, and the name.  A little thin yeah, but that's your style.

Very well-done.   :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Sunblink

Thank you all for your comments, everyone, but I never realized that Piix appeared malnourished before. XD Thin, yes, but not malnourished. That could be thanks to my lack of knowledge when it comes to anatomy, though.

I'll be sure to try and look at some frame of reference next time I draw her, or any other character. Though now I feel tempted to draw a REALLY malnourished character for some reason... XD

~Keaton the Black Jackal