[Art] Keaton the Black Jackal: Commission Preview~ (21/10/09)

Started by Sunblink, January 19, 2007, 10:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is Keaton awesome?

Yes
8 (32%)
Yes
4 (16%)
You couldn't think of a good replacement poll, could you?
13 (52%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Tapewolf

I must admit I was expecting a bit more evidence of cybernetics, given that it was stated she was a cyborg, but hey... if it's supposed to be undetectable, that's fair enough.  I can see I'll have to ask Zedd about this character now, my curiosity has been aroused.

The physique is good - she's slim, but not improbably so.  And the gun... well, I can't draw guns either :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

If it helps, -most- of the gun is ok.

The only bit that's -really- messed up is the hilt, which should be on a different angle - more -\ than -|, if that makes sense (and looks ok in the font you're using)...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

If you must ask...You shall reseve soon Tape. My you done well you nutty Jackal fox and I thank you muchly. And Brun..Its just anthor of my old orignal personalitys who drive me nuts.

Netrogo

Once upon a time I actually posted here.

xHaZxMaTx

Oy, that's just great!  The gun's not that bad; as llearch said, the only thing I see that needs fixing is the hilt.

Sunblink

I've been having a rough few days. A terrible few days. Those who have heard me bitch and whine know the specific reasons why. Though whenever Keaton's upset and life is being a whore to her, what happens, kids?

Kids: Keaton's characters suffer for it!

Thaaaaaat's right. So here, I bring to you, depressing art depicting one of my characters in a very emaciated, downtrodden, and generally fucked-up state.

Don't worry, it's work-safe. Before anyone asks, this isn't Keaton, although the little lady there bears an uncanny similarity. No, instead, this is none other than Keaton's older (by five minutes) twin sister, Lianna Bathsheba Jyraneth. Simply said, the downfall of her clan hasn't been kind to her, and she's now... well, if you want more information, read Future History of Jakob Pettersohn.

AHAHA I'm such a bitch. Though also as a note, Lianna will also be appearing in the Castle RP--although in the future. Needless to say, she won't be a happy camper.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

Damn, she looks weary.  Are those the enchanted bracers she's wearing?
A very expressive piece of work.  Love the hair.

For those who are curious, 'Future History' can be found in this thread:
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?topic=2274.0

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 16, 2007, 04:57:45 PM
Damn, she looks weary.  Are those the enchanted bracers she's wearing?
A very expressive piece of work.  Love the hair.

For those who are curious, 'Future History' can be found in this thread:
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?topic=2274.0

Yes, those are the enchanted bracers. I sort of half-assed them, but they really are supposed to be very simplistic in design despite all my artistic instincts telling me to put fancy hieroglyphics and gemstones on it. But damn, all of the cool designs keep coming to me AFTER I'VE FINISHED THE DRAWING. D:

Thank you again for the comment. I really appreciate it. And the hair is one of my favorite aspects about the picture as well. XD

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Zedd

Its just one those days a cubi have ya know...It would be my guess I hope things look up for you both someday *major hugs*

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on August 16, 2007, 05:03:22 PM
Yes, those are the enchanted bracers.

I was kind of expecting them to get rid of the wings  :3
On the other hand, if they didn't that would be even more distressing to the victim since the wings would continuously remind them of what they've lost.

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 16, 2007, 05:17:09 PM
Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on August 16, 2007, 05:03:22 PM
Yes, those are the enchanted bracers.

I was kind of expecting them to get rid of the wings  :3
On the other hand, if they didn't that would be even more distressing to the victim since the wings would continuously remind them of what they've lost.

Ah yeah, that probably would've been pretty similar to a patch in a way, only I find these bracers more parasitic. Like how they sap away the magical and natural capabilities a Creature is bestowed with from their wearer, I imagine they would completely wither away the wings. The reason Lianna's wings are drooping is because she's lost all control of them; they've been literally drained dry of energy and essence. Can't even lift them. It was really hard to convey total emaciation in her wings, since they're supposed to be the most decayed part about her. I should probably make some adjustments so that way the veins in the membrane are more protuberant, making it look taut and dry, and add some contours to the skeletal frame.

Dang, why does all the inspiration and ideas come to me after I've posted the image?

~Keaton the Black Jackal

llearch n'n'daCorna

If it were coloured, you could use the colours to show the emaciation and decay of the wings.

And the bracers - I dunno. I'd be inclined to think a nice scabrous pattern, looking like green decay on brass, for example, would be downright excellent. And that's also plain colour.

After all, they'd match what they're putting her through.

One thinks, perhaps, about -moving- patterns - slowly migrating about the bracers, as it were, in an evil, "I'm crawling on your skin" kinds of way. In which case, however you draw them is ok. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gabi

Poor Lianna. She looks really miserable.

Great draswing, though.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Brunhidden

Those are some EXTENSIVE tattoos, i would be impressed by anyone actually wearing that much... what i assume is eldritch writing. i dunno, im more of a Futhark rune guy myself.

QuoteI was sad that I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet. He gave me his shoes in exchange for a buss token.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

xHaZxMaTx

Are they tattoos?  I thought they were just Patterns on the fur.  Granted, they would be rather complex, if that were the case, but hey, why not? :P

Sunblink

Actually, Haz is right, those are patterns on the fur. :) Keaton has similar markings, only they don't have the triangular fringes outlining them.

You guys surprised me with the extra comments while I was off playing video games with my friend. Thanks, everyone!  :hug

SUPER-SPECIAL EDIT: Also... hmm. If I redraw Lianna and the bracers, I'll probably incorporate Llearch's suggestion into the design of the bracers. Because frankly, they are AWESOME. >:3 Have a bunny, Llearch.  :bunny

For now, here is another drawing. UPLOADED TO DEVIANTART SO I CAN WHORE OUT MY ACCOUNT.

For those who are curious, this is Tira, from Soul Calibur III. She also is going to appear in Soul Calibur IV, but with an entirely different design. I just drew her up in her outdated apparel 'cos I love it, and 'cos I didn't have reference and I was too lazy to look for it stfu.

Enjoy, folks.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Zedd

xHaZxMaTx

Goatmon

Brunhidden

Quote from: Goatmon on August 19, 2007, 04:05:29 AM
Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on July 30, 2007, 10:38:49 PM

o_o;

Kinda looks like you're grabbing your left boob. 

you say that as though someone else should be doing so, or she should be doing so to someone else. While i am in favor of boob grabbing the question 'who' kind of kills that line of thought.

QuoteHonestly I had no idea your pants were flamable

Sunblink

To Goatmon: You kinda confused me as to which picture you were talking about until I clicked the link. XD Keaton actually isn't grabbing her boob--she's grabbing the eave of her jacket. Though now that you bring it up it does look like she's holding her boob.

...pffffffffffft. XD Okay, now I have that mental image stuck in my head. I'm caught between being disturbed and laughing. I needed that, in all seriousness.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

Dear gods, I never noticed that.  Somehow it looks less dodgy on the actual ID, fortunately :P

xHaZxMaTx

I just noticed, in that pic, that the two pics seem to differ greatly in appearance of age.  The one done in Paint looks much younger (16-20 years) than the one done in Photoshop (~35 years).

And she does, indeed, appear as if she's grabbing her boob. :lol  Though, I'm sure that can attributed mostly to the way her shirt stretches at that level. :P

Zedd

Then again we are talking about a cubi whos about 20X's the level Zedd is...And probley had more knowlage in her head as well

Brunhidden

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on August 19, 2007, 11:29:43 AM
...pffffffffffft. XD Okay, now I have that mental image stuck in my head. I'm caught between being disturbed and laughing. I needed that, in all seriousness.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

thats what i do, my work here is done....  its just so gosh darned fun.

QuoteFear the bunny

bill

Sunblink

Totally.

Mmkay. I'm back in school, which, for some reason, has increased my productivity since I have more opportunities to break out the paper and pencil during lunch break. One particularly fruitful day resulted in several pictures and me nearly finishing a difficult request picture, but I decided to scan in a pic to hold you guys off. Another, gruesome one will be inked and colored on Photoshop.

I felt like drawing what Lianna looks like in comparison to how she did before the Jyraneth Clan disintegrated. While it's hard to tell (Actually, impossible), Lianna's hair used to be dyed a vibrant series of fiery colors. It's dirty blonde, like Keaton's, in her later incarnation.

I just enjoy drawing Lianna in general. But okay. Enough self-indulgence. XD I'll try to get all the requests finished as soon as possible.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Zedd