[Art] Keaton the Black Jackal: Commission Preview~ (21/10/09)

Started by Sunblink, January 19, 2007, 10:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is Keaton awesome?

Yes
8 (32%)
Yes
4 (16%)
You couldn't think of a good replacement poll, could you?
13 (52%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Tezkat

Yeah... Tikal's fingers do look a bit strange. But I love the wing designs! :3

It is definitely cool seeing Henya in that style. With a few small tweaks to the pose (e.g. maybe twist the right arm a bit so that the hand is facing forward), I think it could look more like pouncing than "break dancing" or whatever.

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Nikki

EEEE!!! that is pure WIN!! *huggles teh Hennya* <333333

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Sunblink

Nah, I don't have any new art yet. But I decided to throw up something which is a little old, but that I'm still very proud of which I've never showcased on my gallery here.

Those who check out my DeviantArt account regularly may or may not remember this picture back from August, which I doodled for a website I RP at. Dietricha is my Houndoom character for a Pokemon Pack-based RP revolving around portraying hound-type Pokemon as actual wolves organized in a realistic pack settlement. Her design is very much based off of my own dog, Snickers, who is a dappled Dachshund and rather eccentric-looking--yes, heterochromia and all. If this were a full-bodied picture I could probably show off her mismatched bone cuffs...

Oh yeah. I know she looks like Abel. That was unintentional. :< I only realized this after I had finished coloring her, but... blargh. With the heterochromia and the spot arrangements she looks uncannily like him. God dammit. D:

By the way, in case you're wondering about the new poll...

I decided to restart the poll, only with two new options. It's once again based off of 100 Themes, but this time I want to know which one of my original characters you guys want me to use, instead of choosing between Piix and Soul Calibur III's Tira. As for why, well... I feel really unhappy doing this, since it shows lack of commitment or something equally dreadful, or mirrors a big pet peeve of mine, but the reason I want to run by this poll is because lately, most of my art has all been focused on Keaton, yet I don't want to change the subject of my 100 Themes project without asking you guys on your opinion first. I feel that would be a bit rude. Meanwhile my inspiration for Piix has been a bit lacking, which I suspect is due to the insane amount of effort put into the Queen of the Orin picture.

If you guys still want for me to go with Piix, just vote. If you want me to go for Keaton, likewise. Just expect more emoness with Keaton. :P

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

Question: does 'Keaton' mean just Keaton, or does it also include other characters from that series as well?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 22, 2007, 07:27:45 PM
Question: does 'Keaton' mean just Keaton, or does it also include other characters from that series as well?

Other characters from the series as well. I should've probably been a bit more clear there. I'll edit in just a moment.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm all up for emo-ness.

... heck, anything with the Loch Ness in it works for me. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

xHaZxMaTx

I've seen the pic of Dietricha, before, but I never noticed the eyes. :O  'Tis made of awesome and win!

As for the poll, I refuse to have anything to do with emo Keaton! :<

Sunblink

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 22, 2007, 07:32:05 PM
I'm all up for emo-ness.

... heck, anything with the Loch Ness in it works for me. ;-]

Hardy har har, Llearch, now you made me want to draw that. XD

By the way folks, the poll's ending on Saturday. And if there's a tie, um...

I duno. :B Just try not to let it be a tie, because then I'll have to do unnecessary thinking.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

llearch n'n'daCorna

Goatmon

Love the new pic, it's very cute.  The head's a tad over sized, though. 

xHaZxMaTx

You all suck. :<

bill

Sunblink

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on November 07, 2007, 04:53:05 PM
You all suck. :<

:mwaha

On a related note, the lineart for the first picture in the 100 Themes series is finished. I'm currently working on the inking; the colored results will be posted once completed. :3

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Sunblink

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD IT'S FINISHED.

Time Taken:

• Drawing: Approximately 3 Hours
  • Inking: Approximately 2 to 3 Days
  • Coloring: Unknown
Listening To: Eat Me, Drink Me, by Marilyn Manson

I have been SLAVING over this baby for god knows how long, at first intermittently, but I decided to get it out of the way so that way I can get to work on my contribution to the Secret Santa '07 project. Now that it's finished, I guess I can begin that, and then I'll continue with the 100 Themes work. Work has never felt so good! :boogie

I am so fucking happy with this. :< People may or may not have noticed that I'm trying something a little new with the highlighting--it looks cleaner than in other pictures I've colored. I took a bit of a page from Miss Amber Williams's book in terms of hair highlighting.  Otherwise, the shading is relatively the same. Surprisingly, the inking was rather easy--it was the coloring which was the worst task. Friends of mine have heard me bitching nonstop about how difficult it was.

Alas. HERE YOU ALL GO. <3 Feel the love!

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Dannysaysnoo

bill

Tapewolf

Something strikes me a little odd about the way the wings are joining to the body.  Other than that, Hell, yeah!

xHaZxMaTx

It's about damn time! >:O
*Stands by his vote for Piix.* :paranoid

'S very nice.  Clean, sharp shading and all that jazz.  Mouth looks a bit weird, and the clothes are... eh, but they don't need fixing. :razz

*Feels the love.* :B

techmaster-glitch

Cogidubnus

*summarily has his socks rocked off by awesome Keaton arts*

It's amazing, Keats. Very nicely done - and those +20 boots of stompin' look really intimidating.  :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Dannysaysnoo

Sid

Mhhhhh... pictures like this one make me fully realize just how much your drawing and especially inking/coloring has matured over the years. Very nice, keep it up!

More on-topic, I really like the fur marking, especially on the tail. And the shading of the clothes and the folds of the wings are quite well done, too! :)
:boogie

Brunhidden

its truly an impressive picture, the sleves and other clothing are quite remarkable.... but i have a strong compulsion to buy her a hot meal and hand her a blanket
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Netrogo

That little girl that stumbled into my forums all those years ago is all grown up now *sniff* I'm so proud....
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Netrogo on November 23, 2007, 07:59:20 PM
That little girl that stumbled into my forums all those years ago is all grown up now *sniff* I'm so proud....

-Your- forums? ;-]

Netrogo

Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Furball

Quote from: Netrogo on November 23, 2007, 07:59:20 PM

Growing up right before our eyes... *tear*

Tapewolf

Quote from: Brunhidden on November 23, 2007, 07:48:03 PM
i have a strong compulsion to buy her a hot meal and hand her a blanket
Well, there is the slight problem that she's a demon and she'll kill you, but apart from that...