[Art] Keaton the Black Jackal: Commission Preview~ (21/10/09)

Started by Sunblink, January 19, 2007, 10:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is Keaton awesome?

Yes
8 (32%)
Yes
4 (16%)
You couldn't think of a good replacement poll, could you?
13 (52%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Sunblink

Quote from: Zedd on June 07, 2007, 04:54:47 PM
She needs a hug thats all *hugs the little friend of his*

Awww. Hugs for everybody. ^^  :hug

Quote from: Tapewolf

I've got to admit I kind of preferred the old image for the avatar, since it was happy.  This one is better-drawn, though.

Well, the old avatar IS probably better than this one, I'm really just trying out my current one before I draw any conclusions on which I should keep. In terms of mood I would prefer my last one, but in terms of quality I would choose this one. Decisions, decisions.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCornaAwww. Poor Keaton looks depressed.

When I eventually write up Keaton's backstory everyone'll know why >:3 Though it wasn't my intention to make her look depressed. I was actually going for a more blasé, unimpressed and unamused expression, which is pretty much what she always makes. X3

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Nikki

Hey Keaton, would you mind Coloring that pic of Xze for me? i wanna use it as a new Avatar ^^

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Kenji

It's a trap! D:

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Sunblink

Sure Xze, I'd be happy to. ^^ Daaaang. I'm gonna need to close requests after this one. XD I'm gonna be busy all summer, and I mean that in the best way possible. *tacks up Xze's request in the to-do list*

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Nikki

only if you feel like it ^^ i can color it myself but..my digital skills are teh sux

Sunblink

Nothing entirely special to report today. Just finished inking Xze's picture and decided to slap it up here in case she wants to try coloring it. I'll color it and make it into a spiffy avatar for her when I get the chance.

CLICK HERE

Here you go for now, Xze, for your viewing pleasure. Also intended to satisfy Tapewolf's curiosity in case he's interested in what my pictures look like just after inking.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Kenji

Nikki

0w0

i love you.

in a...non..lesbian way...i think...^^;;;

*runs to go try and color it*

xHaZxMaTx

Is it actually inked?  It looks like you used the pen tool in PhotoShop.  Either way, it's great!

Sunblink

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on June 11, 2007, 01:19:45 AM
Is it actually inked?  It looks like you used the pen tool in PhotoShop.  Either way, it's great!

Actually, I used Macromedia Freehand to ink the image, which is much, much easier for me. Takes a while, but it produces nice, smooth lines. But I'm glad you like it! ^^ *bows*

Quote from: Xze-Xze0w0

i love you.

in a...non..lesbian way...i think...^^;;;

*runs to go try and color it*

Hehehe. XD I'm glad you like the picture so far! Mind you, the solid coloring is almost done, so the shaded version should probably be up later today, or tomorrow. So far, I really like it.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on June 10, 2007, 10:21:55 PM
Here you go for now, Xze, for your viewing pleasure. Also intended to satisfy Tapewolf's curiosity in case he's interested in what my pictures look like just after inking.

Indeed.  Nicely done.  By the way, I got a good idea of what the inked Jakob looked like anyway since it was one of the layers in the PSD file :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

KarlOmega1

I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Sunblink

Wow, the inking was pretty well-recieved. Thanks a lot for your kind comments, guys. ^^

For Xze... here it is. The colored version. Personally, I'm very happy with the T-Shirt and the way the text curves. Too bad I couldn't get the image to do the same, but this is my first time doing stuff like that.

Uh... not sure what to say next.

...Pancakes.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Zedd

Tapewolf

Nice.  I particularly like the dragon-wing.  The eyes are kind of creepy, but then so is Xze >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Nikki

Paladin Sheppard

Nikki

*tries and fails to make it into a good avatar*

=.=; i fail at life....

*hoards the pic* i love you!!!

llearch n'n'daCorna

I think you have a fan, KBJ. :-]

FYI, Xze, that's not a  bad avatar there...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bill

Sunblink

Wow, so many comments. o__o Thank you so much, guys. You really made a crappy day a whole lot brighter, and that means so much.  :tighthug

Not to mention I'm glad you all like the picture, especially you, Xze. XD Mission accomplished.  :boogie

*updates to-do list* Life is sort of biting me in the ass at the moment, so I'm taking a break from AIM. This'll give me more time to complete my Project (tm) and get your requests finished.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

xHaZxMaTx

What a time for me to add you to my buddy list. :lol  Hope everything turns out a'ight and good luck.

Sunblink

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on June 13, 2007, 02:36:37 PM
What a time for me to add you to my buddy list. :lol  Hope everything turns out a'ight and good luck.

Aw dang! Curse my poor timing! Well, if you have MSN, I'll probably be on there more often than I am on AIM. My MSN handle is in my profile. And thank you for the well wishes.  :hug I really appreciate it.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Sunblink

DOUBLE POST DOUBLE POST DOUBLE POST TOPIC REVIVAL. *casts her voodoo revive spell on the topic*

Okay. So I'm not done with any of the requests yet, but to hold you guys over I've managed to doodle up a character from an upcoming Pokemon (yes, Pokemon) fanfiction I'm planning.

Something a bit new from me. A Pokemon fancharacter, specifically for a story which will probably be called Chronicles of the Ivory Bridge, or CotFB—which sounds really funny when you try and say it out loud. I know it, I've tried it. I could go on and on about the plot, but this is about the character down here. Expect to see more of the cast eventually.

Remember that toy which you used to have as a little kid, but either gave away when you grew older, threw out, or simply grew tired of and put in storage?

Alice the Banette is the epitome of that toy.

Alice's story is painfully familiar to that of the Velveteen Rabbit's (one of my favorite childhood stories), when one completely analyzes it, only significantly more complicated.

Originally, Alice was the toy of a young girl who died of cancer, who was then accidentally deposited in the garbage. There, she was fished out by an unfortunate family who gave her to their son, but they eventually sold her to a rundown toy store. After a month spent smoldering in the back of their selection of PokeDolls, she was adopted by someone to be given to a mentally unstable man who had an unhealthy obsession with everything soft, fluffy, and generally toy-like and whose mentality was perpetually frozen in that of a 5-year-old boy's.  Like some 5-year-old boys, however, he soon lost interest in Alice and she was given away to another person, and another, and another...

...Until she ended up in the garbage, where she was to be disposed of in the junkyard. Wallowing in the garbage, she solemnly reminisced on all that had happened, and how quickly she was shifted between owners. Far too quickly to be considered beloved or any other precious synonym. No, the girl who owned her originally was the only person who truly cherished her, and since then she craved to be treated as wonderfully as that solitary girl did.

But that wish was never granted. Instead she was treated like a hand-me-down.

Enter the Demon, a malevolent being mutated from a normal Shuppet from parasitically bloating itself on excess dark emotions. The power it leeched from such malicious sensations granted it abilities far surpassing those of an ordinary Shuppet's, even twisting its body to that of a much more intimidating, looming visage. Instead of a tiny, puppet-like, apparitional body, it elongated, sporting serrated, ephemeral talons; glowing, eldritch eyes; a grotesquely disproportionate maw stretching outward from its hideous face; and a bladed horn extending from its forehead. Its lower body rippled and flashed in between palpability and intangibility, billowing like a flag.

It chose Alice as its new host upon the decomposition of its previous one. You see, with the Demon, it quickly deteriorates its vessel and increases the need for food, water, and oxygen, making the atmosphere incredibly fragile and withering away its host body. Some could resist those urges—such as those who possess artificial bodies and have no need for proper nutrients—but it had never found a proper host. Then it found Alice when floating around the junkyard.

In the midst of Alice's suffering and loneliness, the Demon, drawn to her by those gangrenous emotions, possessed her body and brought her to life. Fully animate, Alice observed her body and ruminated on the sour feelings which plagued her. Anger. Suffering. Vengeance.

Alice was the perfect vessel. Being a toy, she had no need to eat, sleep, drink, or even breathe. She couldn't bleed to death or become irreparably damaged, as her limbs could easily be sewn back on. Yes, she was vulnerable to water and poor conditions, but as time passed she took on a more tangible appearance, resistant to the rain and wind like the other Banettes—only much stronger, due to the Demon's presence.

The Demon bestows Alice with all manner of ghostly powers, including the ability to invade peoples' dreams, lull them to sleep, harness ghost-based and psychic energy in multiple formats, and other ethereal abilities. Alice can communicate telepathically with the Demon and can sometimes allow it to manifest within her shadow, but the Demon cannot emerge on its own. It is unknown whether or not the malignant side-effects will come to afflict Alice eventually.

While the Demon inhabiting her shell orchestrates her ability to move, Alice still has a conscious control over her own feelings, as tainted with hate as they are. Over time she has adopted a threadbare and worn Pikachu doll which she constantly sews up and treats with an almost religious love, but she can't mend the enormous hole gaping in the side of its head. Her motivations for keeping it with her are unknown, but it is possible that she is treating it the way she has always wanted to be treated in her life: with love and care. Nobody has dared to take the doll away from her—but in one situation where the doll was accidentally damaged in the middle of a fight, the unfortunate fellow responsible didn't step out from that skirmish alive.

I haven't decided on Alice's lingual habits. Either she is entirely mute, communicates via telepathy, or speaks solely in German. Considering I don't know German, however, the last option will probably be eliminated. I might go with a mixture of the three though. Why would she know German, though?  Why, because she's from Germany, silly people! Also because she has never exactly gotten education to learn any other languages, being a doll. And because the German language is awesome.

I don't have the voice for it, though. I can't roll R's and my voice isn't suitable for the more guttural words. Blame Rammstein for my addiction to the German language.

Ich liebe Rammstein. <3

~Keaton the Black Jackal

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on July 06, 2007, 09:46:29 PM
DOUBLE POST DOUBLE POST DOUBLE POST TOPIC REVIVAL. *casts her voodoo revive spell on the topic*

Spell fails, and you come to the notice of the moderators, who are having a bad day.

Inexplicable, your attempt brightens their day, and they let you live. Go figure. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bill

Please note that letting you live was not a unanimous decision.  D:

Netrogo

*Shakes his fist in defiant demand for his request to be finished*  :)
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Zedd