[Art] Keaton the Black Jackal: Commission Preview~ (21/10/09)

Started by Sunblink, January 19, 2007, 10:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is Keaton awesome?

Yes
8 (32%)
Yes
4 (16%)
You couldn't think of a good replacement poll, could you?
13 (52%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Netrogo

Very nice. I like the before one more but that's just cuz she looks all happy and such.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

llearch n'n'daCorna

You have a very thin style anyway, which makes the differences between before and after more difficult to pick out. I mention this not because I'm complaining, which I'm not, but because it's a feature you should be aware of - and you probably are anyway :-)

Having said that, you've done well with both, here. I like the after shot, myself - the before shot, whilst well executed, and vibrant, and lively, shows the thin design too much for my liking. Go figure. :-/

The subtle differences in her markings also shows up well :-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Oh, I like that.  Do you have any plans for a colour rendition of the happy Lianna?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 21, 2007, 08:07:10 PM
Oh, I like that.  Do you have any plans for a colour rendition of the happy Lianna?

Heh, I'm glad you do. As for the coloring... I haven't planned on coloring it, but I am working on a colored image of a more grotesque picture as we speak. It should be uploaded hopefully soon. However, I'd really like to flaunt Lianna's hair color when she used to keep it dyed.

To everyone else, thanks a lot for the awesome comments. :) You all are great--and to Llearch, I looked over the pictures, and I see what you mean about the skinniness. I thought I was getting out of that... ah well, I'm probably slipping back in. I'll rectify that in future pictures.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Nikki

*notices sig* Happy Noodle Boy?

*thinks* JTHM?!?!?!?!?

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on August 21, 2007, 09:14:48 PM
and to Llearch, I looked over the pictures, and I see what you mean about the skinniness. I thought I was getting out of that... ah well, I'm probably slipping back in. I'll rectify that in future pictures.

It's an overall stylistic comment, rather than specifics.

You have a skinnier style than, say, Charles Schultz had in Peanuts. That's just the way things go. It means Lianna in her "I've been beaten up by everyone" mode suits your style more than her "I'm on top of the world!" mode.

Being -aware- of that means you can pick pictures to draw that suit your style; I can't see you attempting to draw Charlie Brown, for example, whereas I -could- see you making a recognisable attempt at, say, Wile E Coyote, or Bugs Bunny.

Of course, if you're just trying to move more towards CB than BB, then yes, I guess you're slipping a bit :-]

Sunblink

Ah yeah, I've been meaning to do this picture for a while. Those who were paying attention last update heard me say that I was working on a picture which was one of my first violent submissions to this site...

Yes, it's Tira again, only much younger and during her violent childhood days. Why is she holding a decapitated head? Why is she so bland looking? Why am I asking so many fucking questions? Why did I put Rufus Wainwright lyrics in the picture?

The answer is this:

I don't know.

But nevertheless I'm very happy with this picture, even if it gave me a hell of a lot of trouble. I downloaded a bunch of blood brushes to use for this one.

The lyrics used in the picture don't belong to me. They belong to Rufus Wainwright, as I've mentioned before. Nor does Tira belong to me. She belongs to Namco, even when she's a little kid.

...I really hope I don't get flamed for this picture. :<

~Keaton the Black Jackal

techmaster-glitch

Wow...that's actually beautiful, in an ethereal, scary sort of way.
Very nice.

Zedd

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

xHaZxMaTx

That's quite a bit o' blood, there. :B  Not a big fan of blood, to be honest, but that doesn't make this any less cool.

Sunblink

Wow, I didn't get flamed for the last picture. :) Awesome. I'm really glad you guys liked it!

Here's one of the requests I had promised a long while back, guys--one of Paladin's character, Ephrael. He specifically requested for Eph to be using a compound bow, so I gave it a try--the bow itself looks okay, but it doesn't really RESEMBLE a compound bow in particular. So I am sad about that aspect of the picture. >:

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy, since Eph looks a bit like Nami from One Piece. XD

Three more requests to go, then Imma gonna start a new project and keep requests closed for a while. I'm planning on tackling Fanart 100 once I've gotten my schedule cleaned off, or try my hand at the original art counterpart to that. I'm still a little undecided about which I should go... so I might hold a poll if I don't make up my mind.

Basically, it's simple: either I draw 100 pieces of fanart, each individual picture based off of an artistic prompt, focusing on Tira from Soul Calibur III and IV, or I draw 100 pictures featuring Keaton, set to those same guidelines.

Either way, enjoy your picture. I hope you like it, Pal!

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

I regret to say it's not instantly recognisable as her, at least not in sketch form.  I think in part it's because the face is more angular than the renditions I'm used to.  Don't take that to mean it's a problem, mind... it's more a case of putting a different spin on the character.

And 100 pieces of fan-art?  That's mental  :B
Hope you can pull it off.

Zedd

Really nice...I hope your hand will still be keen with your hundred artness

xHaZxMaTx

Hey, I remember Eph!  Pal threw her at me, once, after giving him a random hug. xD  Very nice work, as always, though I have one question:  on her right shoulder, there seems to be a crease or something, like from clothing, but from what I can tell, her shoulder is bare.  (Alright, so it's not a question, but you get my point. :P)

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 28, 2007, 03:34:25 PMAnd 100 pieces of fan-art?  That's mental  :B
That's what I was thinking. :O

Sunblink

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on August 28, 2007, 04:24:51 PM
Hey, I remember Eph!  Pal threw her at me, once, after giving him a random hug. xD  Very nice work, as always, though I have one question:  on her right shoulder, there seems to be a crease or something, like from clothing, but from what I can tell, her shoulder is bare.  (Alright, so it's not a question, but you get my point. :P)

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 28, 2007, 03:34:25 PMAnd 100 pieces of fan-art?  That's mental  :B
That's what I was thinking. :O

You're right, the shoulder is bare, but that crease isn't caused by clothing. It's the edge of collarbone. ;) I always draw it really prominently... but there are probably a lot of errors with how I've drawn it. I should fix that in the next picture I do.

Thanks again for the awesome comments, everyone. ^^ And for the encouragement with the Art 100 project. I'm pretty sure my art-drawin' hand won't fall off. At the worst it'll just strangle me while I sleep!  :3

Nah, I'm just shittin' you all. I'm pretty sure I'll be fine, especially since the guidelines to the 100 Themes/Fanart 100 say that the submitted pictures can be anything from minor drabbles and incomplete scribbles to a fully colored slice o' awesome. I decided I'll probably put up a poll or flip a coin or something to decide which list I do... but for the record here are the links to the 100 Themes/Fanart 100 project.

http://100challenge.cjb.net/ < -- 100 Themes

http://community.livejournal.com/fanart100/ < -- Fanart 100

All the cool kids are doing it.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Paladin Sheppard

Sunblink

Annnd yet another request is finished. This one came out rather well in my opinion. I just like it.

This here is xHaZxMaTx's request. Specifically, he wanted his character hugging Keaton. Keaton reacts appropriately to being unexpectedly hugged.

Also, I decided to put up a poll to decide whether I should do Fanart 100 or 100 Themes. Mind you, requests are first priority, so I'll start illustrating the images AFTER I'm done with the requests. Vote plz nao. For those who are curious about what Fanart 100 and 100 Themes are, I have provided the links to their respective pages, where the prompt lists are, in some of my previous posts in this topic.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

xHaZxMaTx

Tapewolf

Sid

...why is there no "Both!" option in the poll? ;)

And yes, I had also been expecting blood and/or pain after reading the description :P But it's a very nice picture! The detail in Keaton's neck-and-above area fascinates me each and every time I see it.
:boogie

Furball

Well I must say, dear, that in my absence, you've improved much, much more than I'd anticipated. Your style, and works are outright stunning now, and I enjoy them quite much. As a plus, it's also nice to see ya someplace again. :p

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 04, 2007, 07:06:47 PM
I was expecting more violence, but it is a lovely picture.

That'd be the next pic, Tape. :-]

Nice pics, KBJ. As always, in your own inimitable style.

Zedd

KarlOmega1

That is a very cute pic...like the expression of confusion on Keaton's face as Haz hugs her.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 04, 2007, 08:27:14 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on September 04, 2007, 07:06:47 PM
I was expecting more violence, but it is a lovely picture.

That'd be the next pic, Tape. :-]
Why would anyone wanna hurt little ol' me? *Tries to look innocent and cute.* :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on September 05, 2007, 01:48:19 PM
Why would anyone wanna hurt little ol' me? *Tries to look innocent and cute.* :3

... where do I start the list? ;-]

xHaZxMaTx

Sunblink

Wow, the feedback was great on the last picture, plus I have a lot of votes for the poll (not counting my own, as I voted for a random side so I could view the results). Thanks, everyone! I'll probably close the poll once the final request is finished.

And this takes care of one of the last requests. All that's left to do is Bill's, which should be relatively easy.

For the record, I hold no responsibility for any eye-injury one suffers from staring directly into this image.

Ugh, I am NOT happy with this picture. The anatomy's all screwy and I probably crammed more inaccuracies with the character's design than what is humanly possible in here. This was very difficult for me since all the references I had were all of 3D models, so it was sort of hard for me to make out some of the finer details, such as what the clothing was really like (the surface of the clothing was flat and it was hard to tell if he was wearing a vest over something, or a belt, or if that was actually part of his shirt, etcetera...) and the parts consisting of the mousie's mechanical arm.

Blaaagh. Still, I hope Netrogo likes his picture. If there's anything wrong with it, Net, just PM me so I can fix it up, or possibly redraw the image.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Zedd