[Art] Keaton the Black Jackal: Commission Preview~ (21/10/09)

Started by Sunblink, January 19, 2007, 10:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is Keaton awesome?

Yes
8 (32%)
Yes
4 (16%)
You couldn't think of a good replacement poll, could you?
13 (52%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Gareeku

She's a cubi. She's hiding her headwings. But yes, she'd probably kill you.

As I said to you in IM, awesome work Keaton.

Brunhidden

ive had a tiny succubus try to eat my face for almost three years now, i would assume im durable enough to withstand it.... i just wish she would stop flying up to sleep on my head
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Paladin Sheppard

Damn thats awesome Keats! colouring looks great and I love her markings those must have been a killer.

KarlOmega1

*is hypnotized by the pic*
oh..my...heavens! You look absolutely sexy!

...and personally, I'd give my soul to her.

(I'm Sorry, but that pic deserves a 9.999 out of 10 score.)
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Zedd

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gareeku on November 23, 2007, 08:46:35 PM
Heh.  Well, I was actually quoting from strip 297, but on reflection you bring up an interesting point - why hasn't she hidden the backwings as well?  That it's the first one and that her left eye is OK makes me wonder whether it's actually before she got her headwings - and thus before she could hide the other set.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 24, 2007, 05:13:19 AM...and that her left eye is OK makes me wonder whether it's actually before she got her headwings...

Her left eye looks significantly different to me; lighter shade of brown, for one, and the pupil looks a bit different (though that may or may not have been intentional).

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 24, 2007, 05:13:19 AM
Quote from: Gareeku on November 23, 2007, 08:46:35 PM
Heh.  Well, I was actually quoting from strip 297, but on reflection you bring up an interesting point - why hasn't she hidden the backwings as well?  That it's the first one and that her left eye is OK makes me wonder whether it's actually before she got her headwings - and thus before she could hide the other set.

Actually, the only reason I drew Keaton with her back-wings out was because I had never drawn them before. XD I simply forgot to draw in her head-wings. I'll assume she's hiding them for some reason.

To everyone, thank you so much for your comments! *distributes  :hug 's* You really know how to make a girl happy. I hope the rest of the 100 Theme pictures are as successful!

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Goatmon

Would you say this is a spectacular work of art, Mr. Wink?

Yes I would, Mr. Fibb. 

Saist

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 23, 2007, 08:14:21 PM
Quote from: Brunhidden on November 23, 2007, 07:48:03 PM
i have a strong compulsion to buy her a hot meal and hand her a blanket
Well, there is the slight problem that she's a demon and she'll kill you, but apart from that...

Just keep Hazzy around. Make sure he's between you and her, and it'll be like Von Pinn and Andre.

Sunblink

Quote from: Goatmon on November 24, 2007, 07:25:53 AM
Would you say this is a spectacular work of art, Mr. Wink?

Yes I would, Mr. Fibb. 

Goatmon, you win so many awesome points for that reference. XD

~Keaton the Black Jackal

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on November 24, 2007, 06:19:15 AM
Actually, the only reason I drew Keaton with her back-wings out was because I had never drawn them before. XD

LIES! :dface  *Points to 'In the Heart of Calamity'.*  Add to that, you told me, yourself, that you have drawn other pics of her with her wings out when I asked if you had. :razz

Quote from: je.saist on November 24, 2007, 09:22:37 AM
Just keep Hazzy around. Make sure he's between you and her, and it'll be like Von Pinn and Andre.

Why are you so mean to me? :<

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Paladin Sheppard

Dannysaysnoo

Sunblink

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on November 24, 2007, 04:31:58 PM
Actually, the only reason I drew Keaton with her back-wings out was because I had never drawn them before. XD

LIES! :dface  *Points to 'In the Heart of Calamity'.*  Add to that, you told me, yourself, that you have drawn other pics of her with her wings out when I asked if you had. :razz

Oh, dang, you're right, there. XD I totally forgot. In my defense, though, I had never colored those wings before.

Big wings are a bitch to color.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Saist

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on November 25, 2007, 01:11:42 PM
Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on November 24, 2007, 04:31:58 PM

Oh, dang, you're right, there. XD I totally forgot. In my defense, though, I had never colored those wings before.

Big wings are a bitch to color.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

The question is... is this proof that being an artist MAKES one Ditzy...

or is it proof that one who is Ditzy BECOMES an artist...

Sunblink

Quote from: je.saist on November 25, 2007, 06:03:34 PMThe question is... is this proof that being an artist MAKES one Ditzy...

or is it proof that one who is Ditzy BECOMES an artist...

Why good sir, I am quite offended by the implication that you have classified me as something as mundane as "ditzy"! D: I am by no means that term--in fact, the more appropriate definition would be "imbecilic." But even that phrase is debatable, since I am just naturally a forgetful person, which can often be a source of frustration and agitation to myself and others... *continues on this tangent for five hours*

Okay, in all seriousness now... poking fun at myself, I'm putting my money towards that last option. :3

~Keaton the Black Jackal

xHaZxMaTx

I'd say neither, considering not all ditzy people are artists nor are all artists ditzy. :razz

Angel

(would say something, but has been struck dumb by the sheer awesomeness of the art)

:eek ......

The shading... the detail... the thin line between envy and worship...

Wow.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Eowyn

What Eowyn types-oohhh,,,,  lllloooookkt.....yyyeeeaah

What Eowyn says- lookit, wow. two nine, yeah

What Eowyn means- I wanna outfit like that.

LionHeart

"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Sunblink

Wow. The last 100 Themes picture was really well-received!  I am extremely overjoyed.  :boogie It made me all the more enthusiastic about getting this one out.

Time Taken:

• Drawing: 1 day (because I was lazy)
  • Inking: 3 hours
  • Coloring: 1 day
Listening To: "Libertango," by Bond

Yah, I decided to skip the two prior to it and do #4, since I had the idea for it all ready. I'm not sure if it came out the way I wanted it to, but damn am I happy with it. I hope this one is well-received! *crosses fingers for luck*

This was also a bit of an experiment. That is, in backgrounds, multiple light sources, shading, highlights, and omgwtf LIGHTNING. I love that fucking lightning. Ahhhh. <3

Cheers, folks.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

Woah.  Is that Keaton gone grey?  That's pretty creepy.  Good work.

nikename2

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

xHaZxMaTx

That hand-glowiness is fucking awesome! :O  How did you do that?! :eager

It looks like you have some sharp images in the shading from using the polygon lasso (most noticeable on her left hip, right elbow, and left knee).  Going over those edges with the blur tool should probably fix that.

(I'm not hugging that. :<)

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Tapewolf

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on December 01, 2007, 03:45:53 PM
(I'm not hugging that. :<)

Oh, go on.  I'm trying to think of which themes it would be:
88 - Pain
76 - Broken Pieces
57 - Sacrifice
43 - Dying

....actually there's quite a lot it would qualify for.

bill

The abs look a bit odd, especially on what seems to be a feminine body. Overall though, fantastic shading work, and grate background.