[Art] Keaton the Black Jackal: Commission Preview~ (21/10/09)

Started by Sunblink, January 19, 2007, 10:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is Keaton awesome?

Yes
8 (32%)
Yes
4 (16%)
You couldn't think of a good replacement poll, could you?
13 (52%)

Total Members Voted: 23

KarlOmega1

I just realized...is that Dark Energy/Magic in or around your left hand?
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Zedd

Hmmm lets see now...Cubi are magical creatures...And the can summon weapons with magic...Do you see a pattern here?

Kenji

Quote from: Zedd on July 26, 2007, 04:55:46 PM
Hmmm lets see now...Cubi are magical creatures...And the can summon weapons with magic...Do you see a pattern here?

Cubi make good Las Vegas entertainment?

Sunblink

To Karl: yes, that's Dark Magic. I--er, Keaton has an affinity for it.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on July 26, 2007, 03:29:19 PM
Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on July 26, 2007, 02:22:05 PM
This is so awesome, it deserves its own wallpaper. :3

That looks SO AWESOME. XD I pondered making the picture into a wallpaper once, but I didn't think anyone would want it. o_o You did the wallpaper more justice than I would've. XD

~Keaton the Black Jackal
You're very welcome. *Bows.*  But it's really nothing more than some cloud renders and filters. ;)

Sunblink

So, my day was shitty. Got in a fight with my boyfriend, unintentionally betrayed a friend, got a headache the size of Oregon...

Oh yeah. Irrelevant. Not a LiveJournal. Right. Forgot that.

OKAY, on a totally RELEVANT topic, remember that pixel art I did and the fighting profile DA IDs I mentioned? Well...

I finally made one.

I would totally go on a love-fest toward myself if my head didn't feel like it was split open like a coconut. But I have cake-batter ice cream to drown my head-pains in, so I am happy. :3 But in pain! Ow!

Oh, right, and for those who are curious, those are the lyrics to Keaton's theme song in the background. "Turning on the Screw," by Queens of the Stone Age, to be specific. I love Queens of the Stone Age. Anyway, here are the lyrics:

" You got a question? Please don't ask it
It puts the lotion in the basket
You say bigger's better but bigger's bigger
White boy dressed up like a

Figure drawn inside a toilet on the wall
The world is round,
My square don't fit at all

They say those who can't just instruct others
& act like victims or jilted lovers
You can't lose it if you never had it
Disappear man. Do some magic
You want a reason ? How is about because
You ain't a has been if you never was

I sound like this

Scared to say what is your passion
So slag it all
Bitter's in fashion
Fear of failure's all you've started
The jury is in, VERDICT:
Retarded,
I'm so tired and I'm wired too
I'm a mess I guess I'm turning on the screw."

Oh yeah. HEADBANG, BABY. ROCK N' ROLL!

~Keaton the Black Jackal

KarlOmega1

I'm sorry to hear about that...wish I could give a hug over the net.

Anyways, back on topic...that's a pretty good ID for DA.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Zedd

Brunhidden

the hair, clothing, and glowy fist-o-doom are all very nicely done, but whats the freaky thing over the eye?

QuoteMy bathtub is full of gravy, why is my bathtub full of gravy?
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on July 31, 2007, 02:30:19 AM
the hair, clothing, and glowy fist-o-doom are all very nicely done, but whats the freaky thing over the eye?
She lost an eye permanently - probably some kind of curse as well since 'Cubi will tend to regrow things - so that's some kind of false eye.  I can't remember the exact properties of it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

IIRC, the lens is to allow her to see colour again. Sort of.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sunblink

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on July 31, 2007, 02:30:19 AM

QuoteMy bathtub is full of gravy, why is my bathtub full of gravy?

Thank you very much, but ah, as for the freaky thing--that's actually part of her glasses. It's like that because her false eye is colorblind, so the magically-enhanced stained glass saturates it with color again. Only works when she is wearing them.

So yes, a thousand brownie points to Llearch and Tapewolf for remembering what the glasses are for. :P

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Brunhidden

sorry to bug you about it, but i had never seen any reference to it. its a pretty unique design when i saw it and at first i thought "enchanted monocle" or "miniature computer display"

thanks for the explanation.

QuoteI HATE PANTS!

llearch n'n'daCorna

As I recall (and hence, this information is subject, once again, to ratification from the author) it's not... exactly the same as seeing colour from her normal, real, natural eye.

Although I suspect my information comes from hints in Tapewolf's story, so is reading between the lines of a totally different author... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sunblink

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on July 31, 2007, 01:02:39 PM
sorry to bug you about it, but i had never seen any reference to it. its a pretty unique design when i saw it and at first i thought "enchanted monocle" or "miniature computer display"

thanks for the explanation.

QuoteI HATE PANTS!

Nonono, it's absolutely fine. I haven't drawn Keaton in her glasses recently, so I decided to rectify that with this picture. When I first drew and inked everything I thought it looked like a weird monocle myself. XD

And you're welcome, it's what I'm here for.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCornaAs I recall (and hence, this information is subject, once again, to ratification from the author) it's not... exactly the same as seeing colour from her normal, real, natural eye.

Although I suspect my information comes from hints in Tapewolf's story, so is reading between the lines of a totally different author... ;-]

I never really thought about whether or not it would be the same. I guess there would be some artificial, subtle differences, like the colors being unnaturally dull or pastel-hued in that one eye, even with her glasses on. I've seen some images of what the world looks like to those who are colorblind in one eye--it's like everything is yellow-tinted, slightly. Which is what it's like for Keaton when her glasses are removed.

I should probably make some adjustments to what colors are like from Keaton's perspective. Hopefully when I have her reference sheet up I should add some minuscule notes there. X3 In the meantime, I should re-read over Tapewolf's story and search for the hints he has given.

Oh god, now I'm imagining Keaton as Mad-Eye Moody from Harry Potter. HE WAS AWESOME IN THE FOURTH BOOK/MOVIE.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Sunblink

Brunhidden

I know from experience that having eyes of different abilities can make you nuttier then Jiff.

when i was little, like six or so, my sister tried to administer eye drops to me when i had some problems, i started crying like my eye was on fire, she slapped me and told me to quiet down it was only *reads label* my brothers ear drops of a mild acid.

for about fourteen years i had one eye half the power of the other, and it was an endless source of headaches and trippy experiences as things in the room seem to jump between being five feet away and twenty feet away, change focus randomly, and occasionally melt to my left like someone opened the bathtub drain of reality. only when i got married did i actually buy glasses to stop this, and my left eye still feels like its being stabbed when i go into sunlight.... i can only imagine how completely insane someone with one eye picking up color and the other one not might be...

woah, permanent hallucination, thats gotta do things to your mental health.

QuoteWhen a man meets catastrophe on the road, he looks in his purse, but a woman looks in her mirror.

Sunblink

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on August 01, 2007, 03:40:47 AM
I know from experience that having eyes of different abilities can make you nuttier then Jiff.

when i was little, like six or so, my sister tried to administer eye drops to me when i had some problems, i started crying like my eye was on fire, she slapped me and told me to quiet down it was only *reads label* my brothers ear drops of a mild acid.

for about fourteen years i had one eye half the power of the other, and it was an endless source of headaches and trippy experiences as things in the room seem to jump between being five feet away and twenty feet away, change focus randomly, and occasionally melt to my left like someone opened the bathtub drain of reality. only when i got married did i actually buy glasses to stop this, and my left eye still feels like its being stabbed when i go into sunlight.... i can only imagine how completely insane someone with one eye picking up color and the other one not might be...

woah, permanent hallucination, thats gotta do things to your mental health.

QuoteWhen a man meets catastrophe on the road, he looks in his purse, but a woman looks in her mirror.

Damn... that must've been a horrible experience. =/ I'm sorry to hear that happened to you, especially for that long.

As for insanity based off of how one would look with one eye picking up color and the other not, Keaton is already sort of nutty (she'd never admit it, though), unfortunately, but it's more on her indifferent stance towards death and dangerous spells. I imagine having one eye blind would be entirely more dangerous, what with the depth perception loss and all--one could miss all those corners, ledges, or other endangering obstacles outside the periphery of their limited vision and end up injured or even worse. :<

Notably, Keaton can remove her colorblind eye if she can detach all of the links to it, since it is fake. Once safely extricated, it turns into a little marble covered in stained glass pixels, quite similar to how her stained-glass glasses-lens looks.

Now you know.

And knowing is half the battle.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Sunblink

Soooo my Intarnetz was dead yesterday and the day before that, so I had virtually nothing to do. I could've done some drawing, but my drawing-muse was pretty dead at the moment, and I was generally rather down. So I decided to do something which doesn't really take any creative effort on my part: inking a picture via Macromedia Freehand. Which eventually evolved into me coloring aforementioned picture using a new highlighting technique.

Soooooome of you who have browsed through my art topic may recognize this picture. AHA! I've tweaked it and made everything look better. Plus, I've added some shoulders (or I tried to, without fuxing up the lineart) upon some advice... didn't turn out so good. Ah well, I hope it at least made some difference. HOWEVAR, I am very happy with this overall, shoulders put off to the side. Mwahahahaa. :3 If I color more black-haired or black-furred characters, I will use this method of highlighting more often.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Zedd

Nikki

bill

Sunblink

Quote from: Xze-Xze on August 04, 2007, 02:01:53 PM
=D Houndoom!!!!!????

YES HOUNDOOM =D My fellow Pokemon fan! Let us rejoice in the glory that is Nintendo! *puts on a Mismagius hat and prances off* ONWARD!

~Keaton the Black Jackal

bill

I'm quite sure that I was the only person I knew that wasn't a Pokemon fan.

Nikki

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on August 05, 2007, 10:28:44 AM
=D Houndoom!!!!!????

YES HOUNDOOM =D My fellow Pokemon fan! Let us rejoice in the glory that is Nintendo! *puts on a Mismagius hat and prances off* ONWARD!

~Keaton the Black Jackal
*prances afterwards*

POKE'FIESTA!!! ...now let me go begin to draw pokemanz again X3

Netrogo

Quote from: Xze-Xze on August 05, 2007, 11:46:31 PM
Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on August 05, 2007, 10:28:44 AM
=D Houndoom!!!!!????

~Keaton the Black Jackal
*prances afterwards*

POKE'FIESTA!!! ...now let me go begin to draw pokemanz again X3

Nooooooooo!!!

Anyways, awesome pic Keaton. If all the pokemon started looking like that there might be hope for that series >:3
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Sunblink

Well, Summer's nearly over for me and hurricane season is starting to begin (I think it normally begins around mid-August and September), meaning that I'd better get my ass in gear and finish all these requests, including some giftart for some generous people who've drawn for me in the past and I haven't returned the favor yet because I'm a bit fat stupid-head. Not intentionally, of course.

But for now here's one of the requests intended for Zedd, of his cyborg character Oni.

Someone really needs to kill me for how I bastardized that gun. I am so sorry, Zedd. D: Guns were never my forte, but I need to learn how to get them right. How can I be a decent artist if I CAN'T DRAW GUNS?

Ah well, other than the gun (hate!) I'm pretty happy with this picture, namely with Oni's physique and her hair. Enjoy the eye-candy.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Brunhidden

wow, zed seems to get drawn alot...

dont worry too much about the gun, if it gives you trouble try drawing a modern automatic pistol. most of the more modern ones are a solid piece so you can use straight edges more.

you did her underwear surprisingly good, though.

QuoteWhen I appear in public, people expect me to neigh, grind my teeth paw the ground and swish my tail --- none of which is easy.