[Art] Keaton the Black Jackal: Commission Preview~ (21/10/09)

Started by Sunblink, January 19, 2007, 10:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is Keaton awesome?

Yes
8 (32%)
Yes
4 (16%)
You couldn't think of a good replacement poll, could you?
13 (52%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Paladin Sheppard

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 03, 2007, 03:40:30 PM
That is pretty cute.  Shame she grew up to be a monster  >:3

Quoted for truth.

Nice one Keaton I like it and the incy-bear looks cool aswell :3

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on October 03, 2007, 03:43:12 PM
Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on October 03, 2007, 03:38:53 PM
How old is Keaton supposed to be in the pic?  Like a new-born baby, or 3+ years old?

I'm just going to say a few months old, maybe a year. Probably as old as Abel was in the first three strips of Abel's Story. Though I'm not good at drawing bebes, so Keaton looks older than that :<

Indeed she does.  Though not enough chubby-ness around the belly, as you said, is the only problem, I think. :3

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Cogidubnus

So much cute...   :U

Bebe Keaton is much cuter than decapitation.

xHaZxMaTx

llearch n'n'daCorna

She looks about 3 or 4, or so.

From experience, babies don't usually sit up without support until they're, oh, about 18 months to 2 years old. Shortly after that, they start toddling about and getting into knife drawers to make themselves a slice of bread (still attached to the end of the loaf, and using a large carving knife, so about the equivalent size of the knife that guy had in the youtube link RJ posted - ie, about the length of said small child's body... Child didn't get far in spreading the butter with that before we caught him...)

*cough* We kept a closer eye on him after that, as he obviously could move further and faster than we thought. ;-]

I'd say you got the arm perfect, Keaton. And the belly fat is, well, not just belly - it's the whole body is a bit chubby. Bear in mind, they've been swimming for 9 months without having to do more than a stroke at a time. It'll take a while for muscle to build up.

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 03, 2007, 03:51:17 PM
Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on October 03, 2007, 03:43:12 PM
You're giving me ideas, Tape... eeevil ideas. >:3

You're welcome to keep that one  :P

Oh, and talking of incy-bear...

Wow, that 3-d stereo sound works really good... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

If where all showing off the babyness...

If this dont melt hearts...THen what will

Goatmon

Quote from: Zedd on October 03, 2007, 06:04:15 PM
If where all showing off the babyness...

If this dont melt hearts...THen what will

Guess I should show one of my baby pics, as well....

....what?

Sunblink

Goatmon, your baby picture made me laugh so freakin' hard. XD

But moving on.

Thought I wasn't gonna draw him again, didja? >:3 Well no. Tikal hasn't dropped off the map at all. He's still becoming one of my favorites as his personality and character develops.

Come to think of it, a lot of his character is due to the amalgamated suggestions of my friends. Cogidubnus helped me with the backstory, Mel Dragonkitty with the outfit design, Stygian with what gun Tikal should use...

And Llearch came up with the idea of Tikal being a priest, which completely brought the character to life. >:3

This here picture is just a picture of Tikal brandishing his .500 and looking really stoic about it. Normally he's a bit happier, but he must've been caught in a bad mood. Then again, any day he's forced to draw his gun out (he only does so in self-defense) is a bad one for him, considering his almost saintly (no pun intended) amount of patience.

The gun is called Elysium, because while fighting Tikal sings some verses from various Beethoven songs to himself, a particularly dominant line reading "Freude, schöner Götterfunken; Tochter aus Elysium," which means, "Joy, beautiful spark of the Gods; daughter of Elysium." That's my favorite line of the Ninth Symphony. XD

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on October 10, 2007, 05:35:28 PM
Thought I wasn't gonna draw him again, didja? >:3 Well no. Tikal hasn't dropped off the map at all. He's still becoming one of my favorites as his personality and character develops.

Well, I think he's a new one on me.  What does he feature in?

QuoteThe gun is called Elysium, because while fighting Tikal sings some verses from various Beethoven songs to himself, a particularly dominant line reading "Freude, schöner Götterfunken; Tochter aus Elysium," which means, "Joy, beautiful spark of the Gods; daughter of Elysium." That's my favorite line of the Ninth Symphony. XD
I'd go with that...
[Being an uncultured sod, puts on W. Carlos' striking electronic version as used in the soundtrack to 'A Clockwork Orange']

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 10, 2007, 05:51:22 PM
Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on October 10, 2007, 05:35:28 PM

Well, I think he's a new one on me.  What does he feature in?

Tikal is Keaton's illegitimate son, specifically. I can't remember if I gave him a name at that time... but now he's going by the name of Tikal St. Kennedy, which is actually a nod to Leon Kennedy from the Resident Evil games.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Cogidubnus

Very nice, Keats. I think you got the stoic thing down very nicely.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on October 10, 2007, 05:56:45 PM
Tikal is Keaton's illegitimate son, specifically.
Oops.  The words "you thought I'd never draw him again" made me assume it was something from years back...

But yeah, very nicely done.  Although I might now have to ask questions about what kind of priest he is.

Zedd

He looks nothing like me! D: (jk)
What a znazy look for him...Threds and gun and all...He does make me wonder..

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 10, 2007, 06:09:39 PM
But yeah, very nicely done.  Although I might now have to ask questions about what kind of priest he is.

Look up a so-so kinda cheesy SF film from a few years back, called Equilibrium. Tikal might not share their philosophy, but IMHO he'd look convincing as a Grammaton Cleric.

Although none of the ones in the film had pretty wings like Tikal's...   ;)
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Gareeku

Fuyudenki

His right thumb looks broken(grab your thumb and push it about two inches past the back of your hand, and that's what it looks like.  Granted, he's an incubus, but still...), and the way his fingers are on his left hand, he's currently squeezing the trigger.

Other than that, I just had a fanart idea pop into my head.  What a shame I still need to animate a school project and put together a presentation due tomorrow.

Rockin', though after Wolfwood, all gunslinging priests will forever seem like knockoffs.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Gareeku on October 10, 2007, 07:21:44 PM
Equilibrium was freakin' awesome. :c

True, that. Pity about the dodgy plot, but yes, the action was excellent. Tetragrammaton Cleric, indeed.

techmaster-glitch

I like Tikal. He looks really cool. The only little quible I have is that the way he's holding the gun is slightly awkward. Either the gun pointing up, his arm more outstreatched or more folded back would look better. For some reason, halfway just looks...wierd.

But it's still awsome :)

Also, he's left-handed? :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Raist on October 10, 2007, 11:33:56 PM
His right thumb looks broken

His right thumb?  Look at his left thumb! D:  I've never seen anyone hold a gun like that, and after having tried it myself, I've found that it's very uncomfortable (considering I had to force my thumb into that position using my other hand.)

Sunblink

Quote from: xHaZxMaTxHis right thumb?  Look at his left thumb!  D: I've never seen anyone hold a gun like that, and after having tried it myself, I've found that it's very uncomfortable (considering I had to force my thumb into that position using my other hand.)

Uh, it should be obvious by now that I suck at drawing hands, especially when they're holding stuff. :P And I've only drawn someone holding a gun once, and have never held an actual one, so there are errors abound when it comes to the hands.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCornaMaybe he's just not terribly good at using it?

In actuality Tikal's pretty good at using his .500. Again, the posture he's holding his gun in is just attributed to my inexperience.

Quote from: techmaster-glitchAlso, he's left-handed?

Actuaaaaally... I haven't decided which hand he actually uses the gun in, since he's not ambidextrous like Keaton (Keaton is only ambidextrous because I can never be consistent with which arm she swings her mace with), so I just chose a hand for him to hold the gun in. I'll just say he's right-handed. XD

Quote from: TapewolfBut yeah, very nicely done.  Although I might now have to ask questions about what kind of priest he is.

You'd be surprised. However, I'm not giving anything away, since he's going to appear in his own Intermission Chapter in Keaton's backstory, the outline of which is almost finished. :3

Quote from: RaistOther than that, I just had a fanart idea pop into my head.  What a shame I still need to animate a school project and put together a presentation due tomorrow.

Rockin', though after Wolfwood, all gunslinging priests will forever seem like knockoffs.

OMG FANART? That would be the greatest thing ever. Cursed school and its interference in artses D:

As for the Wolfwood remark... I couldn't help but snicker, mostly because Tikal's choice of weapon was based off of a gun-slinging priest named Abel Nightroad, from the anime Trinity Blood (one of the few animes I actually watch nowadays). Abel Nightroad is the SMEX.

To everyone in general, thanks for the comments! ^^ *bows* Hopefully I'll get some more art up soon... like Piix's first image for 100 Themes.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Fuyudenki

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on October 11, 2007, 01:37:20 PM
His right thumb?  Look at his left thumb! D:  I've never seen anyone hold a gun like that, and after having tried it myself, I've found that it's very uncomfortable (considering I had to force my thumb into that position using my other hand.)

That's just because he's obviously got a deathgrip on the gun.

@ Keaton:

Hands are hard.  Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

If you want fanart, then i shall have to squeak some in during my free time. :grin

xHaZxMaTx

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on October 11, 2007, 02:37:26 PM
a gun-slinging priest named Abel Nightroad, from the anime Trinity Blood (one of the few animes I actually watch nowadays). Abel Nightroad is the SMEX.

I haven't seen him use a gun in the manga - wield one as a threat, yes, but never actually use it. If you want gunslinging priest, I think Tres fits the description. "Gunslinger" indeed. :b

And yes, Nightroad is love~
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Sunblink

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on October 11, 2007, 05:05:41 PM
Quote from: Raist on October 11, 2007, 02:40:17 PM
Hands are hard.  Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Hey Keats, hands are easy! :3

STFU Haz. >:O

One of my primary goals was to draw a picture of an Abel's Story or DMFA character and make them look individual in my own style, while still remaining true to their origins. Hennya, specifically, I wanted to make look more serpentine, and her head-snakes look more like actual snakes. Since I didn't have any reference at the time they didn't look as realistic as I wanted, but hey... Hennya turned out pretty damn good.

I don't know what she's doing in the pose. She's either breakdancing... or trying to show off.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Zedd

Okays all I have to say...Thats a real nice vergion you drew of her Keets...Now I wont have to sic the landsharks!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on October 13, 2007, 01:57:59 PM
One of my primary goals was to draw a picture of an Abel's Story or DMFA character and make them look individual in my own style, while still remaining true to their origins.

For some horrible reason I thought you were going to draw her in pieces :U

QuoteHennya, specifically, I wanted to make look more serpentine, and her head-snakes look more like actual snakes. Since I didn't have any reference at the time they didn't look as realistic as I wanted, but hey... Hennya turned out pretty damn good.

You've certainly succeeded in making her look more snakelike... that was the first thing I noticed about the picture.

techmaster-glitch

Her hair looks...spikey. But it's still a cool pic. It does look like she's breakdancing, lol.

James StarRunner

Yes, you certainly succeeded in putting her in your style. Great work!