Hark! A newcomer!

Started by Mogwai, November 22, 2011, 12:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mogwai

Er, hey, all! New person here. Don't mind me, I'm just here for the food...

But yeah, seriously, hiya! Um, I'm Mogwai, and I'm horrible at introductions... Um, I'm a lady, I've been a fan of DMFA since I was... Oh, 12-ish? Not sure why I never joined the forum. Too intimidated, I guess. Anyways, I've re-discovered the comic after a couple years, so I figured what the hey?

I'm not gonna lie, I'm mostly here for the roleplaying. My main "fursona" is a perky little bat named Cass, if you were wondering (doubt it).

So, yeah. Nice to meet you all, hope I don't annoy you guys too much, and... Yeah.

Seriously, though, I was told there would be snacks.  :B

VAE

Nah, all I got was a cookie and even that was poisoned.

Seriously though, welcome, hope you read the rules, if not done so, go read them, and well, look into the Haunted Ballroom for currently open RPs.
(excessive use of actions and RPing isn't exactly welcome elsewhere than the designates place for it, just as a reminder.)

And don't get eaten by evil english boxes.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

ShadesFox

Only one of the the cookies are poisoned.

And love the box. The box is your friend. The box is not plotting against you.
The All Purpose Fox

Kipiru

Beware, silly little bat! We do not look kindly on roleplaying girls here, especially if they came to take our food! >:3 O, who am I kidding- I suck at intimidation, I'll leave it to the pros- o, mods, where are you? Meanwhile, enjoy your stay  :mowwink

Darkmoon

Why would we intimidate her. She hasn't done anything yet to gain our ire.

Unlike you.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Kipiru

Quote from: Darkmoon on November 22, 2011, 01:26:53 PM

Unlike you.

There see, it's almost a form of art  :yeahthat

VAE

Quote from: Darkmoon on November 22, 2011, 01:26:53 PM

To practice.

This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Mogwai

Hehe, thanks for the welcome. And don't worry, I've read the rules. I'm new to this forum, but I've been on the interwebs long enough to know where to post what and all that fun stuff. At least, I hope I have... <__< >__>

And yay! Mostly-unpoisoned cookies! My favorite!  :mowcookie

Damaris

Dammit, Mogwai!  Get off my computer. We've had chats about this - all you do is get cat hair in my keyboard!

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

joshofspam

Welcome to the forum Mogwai!

Interesting name, always loved the first movie.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Darkmoon

You didn't love the second movie?

Philistine.

Mogwai

Quote from: Damaris on November 22, 2011, 08:07:26 PM
Dammit, Mogwai!  Get off my computer. We've had chats about this - all you do is get cat hair in my keyboard!

Butbut, is warm, and there are internet cookies here... D:

And yeah, the name is partially a Gremlins reference, partially because I just like the word.  :3

joshofspam

Quote from: Darkmoon on November 22, 2011, 08:38:48 PM

Philistine.

Now now Darkmoon.

Never did say that I didn't like the second one. Its just that I like the darker nature of the first more then the laughable nature of the second.

If I need to laugh at a bitter old bitty being thrown out of the top floor of her house I'll go with the first one. If I want to watch a cut throat business jerk making little gremlins with his mutant gremlin wife and listen to a big new York production, I go with the second. :P
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Mogwai

Quote from: joshofspam on November 22, 2011, 09:16:03 PM
Quote from: Darkmoon on November 22, 2011, 08:38:48 PM

Philistine.

Now now Darkmoon.

Never did say that I didn't like the second one. Its just that I like the darker nature of the first more then the laughable nature of the second.

If I need to laugh at a bitter old bitty being thrown out of the top floor of her house I'll go with the first one. If I want to watch a cut throat business jerk making little gremlins with his mutant gremlin wife and listen to a big new York production, I go with the second. :P

Please don't turn my intro thread into an argument about which Gremlins movie was better.

... Please? (:>

Mao

Welcome to Clockwork Mansion Forum life.

Damaris

(in case you didn't guess, my cat's name is totally Mogwai)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Mogwai

Quote from: Damaris on November 22, 2011, 09:43:47 PM
(in case you didn't guess, my cat's name is totally Mogwai)

(I figured it was something like that XD)

And thanks, Mao Laoren!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mogwai on November 22, 2011, 09:28:42 PM
Please don't turn my intro thread into an argument about which Gremlins movie was better.

Why would you think begging would make any difference? Just curious...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mogwai

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 23, 2011, 03:18:28 AM
Quote from: Mogwai on November 22, 2011, 09:28:42 PM

Why would you think begging would make any difference? Just curious...

Worth a shot?

Darkmoon

Trust us, it has the opposite effect of what you're hoping.

Kipiru

Quote from: Darkmoon on November 23, 2011, 03:20:47 PM

If I put more points on my Intimidation skills can I become a mod too  :eager

VAE

Quote from: Kipiru on November 23, 2011, 03:45:30 PM
Quote from: Darkmoon on November 23, 2011, 03:20:47 PM

If I put more points on my Intimidation skills can I become a mod too  :eager

I wanted to do it too, but then figured that with the size of my negative charisma modifier, it just isn't worth it.
Saphroneth

Mogwai

So when people start arguing on a thread for a completely different subject, I shut up and don't confront them about it. Got it.

Learning so much today.  :B

Kipiru

Quote from: Mogwai on November 23, 2011, 05:21:01 PM
So when people start arguing on a thread for a completely different subject, I shut up and don't confront them about it. Got it.

Not exactly- if the talk is getting annoyingly out of topic you call the mods or you join in the talk if you find the subject fun :) Rules are rules, but they lose point if you don't have fun  :mowwink

VAE

Quote from: Kipiru on November 23, 2011, 05:28:41 PM
Quote from: Mogwai on November 23, 2011, 05:21:01 PM

Not exactly- if the talk is getting annoyingly out of topic you call the mods or you join in the talk if you find the subject fun :) Rules are rules, but they lose point if you don't have fun  :mowwink
If you call a mod on himself, you win an internet lost. Just ask Dr. Smoov
Saphroneth

Damaris

We're big believers in the natural movement of conversation. Therefore, a discussion of the relative merits of the Gremlins movies would be a natural progression of a thread, and therefore, not "off-topic."

;)

Mao

I'm a bit more of a stickler for 'discuss the op' in the comic forums, but everywhere else.. natural flow and progression is king.

Sofox

When I was a kid, I played the Gremlins 2 video game; then I watched the Gremlins 2 movie and was like "Oh, I see how the game was based off of this; and why is there so much suspension over a malfunctioning drinking fountain?"

Gotta watch the first Gremlin movie someday.

Gabi

I watched the first one several times when I was a child. I think I was 5 when I first watched it. I liked the Mogwai, but I guess I was too little to understand how someone could be stupid enough to fail at following such simple instructions. Then I grew up and realized that, yes, some people really are that stupid. :\
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Sofox

Now was it after midnight or before...?