[Art] Cheerleader Ziggy

Started by Ren Gaulen, February 10, 2008, 08:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pagan

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 24, 2009, 05:47:43 AM
Nice shading in the final version!  I'm afraid it still looks like he has breasts, though.
Those would be very, very small boobs then.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

King Of Hearts

I think it can be a fair observation considering Toru Nakayama's [Rockman ZX's chara designer... I think] armored female designs do tend to be flatchested as well... heck I couldnt distinguish between the main male and females in the ZX series most of the time.

Jairus

Quote from: King Of Hearts on March 24, 2009, 10:55:09 PM
I think it can be a fair observation considering Toru Nakayama's [Rockman ZX's chara designer... I think] armored female designs do tend to be flatchested as well... heck I couldnt distinguish between the main male and females in the ZX series most of the time.
I think that was intentional: given that the characters are basically interchangeable, they might have wanted to draw on how similar they were. Alternatively, the fact that both of the characters were teenagers might have something to do with it. Or their nature as Bioroids means that secondary sexual characteristics such as breasts aren't as important. I believe that you can distinguish Aile's breasts in ZX Advent, though I'm not sure. But, yeah, good point about the design philosophy.

Oh, awesome pic, bro. Though I think I've told you that in a chat at some point. ;-)
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Quote from: Pagan on March 24, 2009, 10:33:15 PM
Those would be very, very small boobs then.
But far bigger than you'd expect on a guy.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

my only real complaint would be the base limitation on how Ren draws, but that's more artistic temperament than actual bitching, what you're drawing right now is fairly good, you have some talent there, you just need to capitalise on that and diversify your angles, poses, and body types. Generally they're all either lithe, athletic, or mildly muscular on a relatively small frame, not to mention they're at either at 3/4 or straight-on camera angle, which isn't so bad, but you do need to spice up the poses somewhat.  :3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Jairus

To be fair, the 3/4 view is a good angle to show off as much of the character as possible. At least, I think so. And in most of these pics, Ren's just showing off the character, not necessarily what they're doing or anything like that. They're just neutral poses.

But, yeah, bro, we do need to come up with some characters with funky builds and put your characters in weird positions, have 'em interacting and stuff and putting them in weird poses you're not used to. Practice makes perfect! Says the guy who hasn't drawn anything in months. Just ignore the moron in the corner. *goes and sits in the corner*

Turnsky

Quote from: Jairus on March 26, 2009, 03:47:54 AM
To be fair, the 3/4 view is a good angle to show off as much of the character as possible. At least, I think so. And in most of these pics, Ren's just showing off the character, not necessarily what they're doing or anything like that. They're just neutral poses.
true enough as it is, it's fairly evident in project future as well, however. Ren, as a fellow artist and webcomic guy, i must tell you, it's your job to make your colorist's life a misery.. pack in that detail and background!  >:3

But, yeah, bro, we do need to come up with some characters with funky builds and put your characters in weird positions, have 'em interacting and stuff and putting them in weird poses you're not used to. Practice makes perfect! Says the guy who hasn't drawn anything in months. Just ignore the moron in the corner. *goes and sits in the corner*

aye, aye.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on March 26, 2009, 03:58:32 AM
Ren, as a fellow artist and webcomic guy, i must tell you, it's your job to make your colorist's life a misery.. pack in that detail and background!  >:3

Actually, he doesn't do the background  :3

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 26, 2009, 05:20:21 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on March 26, 2009, 03:58:32 AM
Ren, as a fellow artist and webcomic guy, i must tell you, it's your job to make your colorist's life a misery.. pack in that detail and background!  >:3

Actually, he doesn't do the background  :3

i know.  >:3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on March 26, 2009, 07:04:39 AM
i know.  >:3

If it's any consolation we should have some more interesting backgrounds in chapter 8.  I'll have my work cut out there.

WhiteFox

Quote from: Turnsky on March 26, 2009, 03:39:24 AM
my only real complaint would be the base limitation on how Ren draws, but that's more artistic temperament than actual bitching, what you're drawing right now is fairly good, you have some talent there, you just need to capitalise on that and diversify your angles, poses, and body types. Generally they're all either lithe, athletic, or mildly muscular on a relatively small frame, not to mention they're at either at 3/4 or straight-on camera angle, which isn't so bad, but you do need to spice up the poses somewhat.  :3

Quote from: Jairus on March 26, 2009, 03:47:54 AM
But, yeah, bro, we do need to come up with some characters with funky builds and put your characters in weird positions, have 'em interacting and stuff and putting them in weird poses you're not used to.

I stopped posting much in this thread after the 20-somethingth character drawing. The work may be good (and it is very, very, good) but it's not really all that interesting. Personally, the characters all started blending together after a while. None of them really seem all that unique to me. They've all got the same "Slender, badass, and full of attitude" feel to them.

There were quite a few drawings that never made it past pencils that I was hoping to see finished, though.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Ren Gaulen

A picture I drew for Zedd.

Despite it might look like it has some deeper meaning, it is just what it is - a picture of an older-looking Zedd. I threw in some background so it would look less plain, boring and un-interesting. I quite like how it turned out, too.

Jairus

Very cool-looking, bro. I like Older!Zedd's look. Not much else to say.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on April 10, 2009, 03:41:29 PM
Very cool-looking, bro. I like Older!Zedd's look. Not much else to say.
Thanks, bro. :3

WhiteFox

Very nice work on the downshot.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Ren Gaulen

Just a couple of new pictures I have drawn.

A long day's rest. Page brothers as kids, resting under a tree.

KYAAA! ..Looks like Riona has a weak spot for cute things. :3

Jairus

Ren Gaulen

More art from me! :>

..Yes, Riona can punch through tank armour. :B

Tapewolf

Sweet.  As I said before, though - she seems to be really high on something.  Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

One thing which is bugging me a little is the variation in white levels.  Her limbs and body aren't the same shade, which might be intended, might not.

ShadesFox

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 27, 2009, 08:46:35 AM
Sweet.  As I said before, though - she seems to be really high on something.  Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Maybe she is a Rifts mega juicer?
The All Purpose Fox

Jairus

Quote from: ShadesFox on April 27, 2009, 11:07:12 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on April 27, 2009, 08:46:35 AM

She is high... on POWER.

Tapewolf

Actually Ren was saying that fighting itself makes her freak out like that.

Kipiru

Supreme forward motion Ren- totally great :bow

Ren Gaulen

A what?

Quote from: Jairus on April 27, 2009, 11:07:44 AM
She is high... on POWER.
Not just POWER, bro.. HIGH POWER! :B

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 27, 2009, 11:08:06 AM

Actually Ren was saying that fighting itself makes her freak out like that.
Yes. Rio tends to fly off the handle sometimes.

Quote from: Kipiru on April 27, 2009, 11:20:36 AM
Supreme forward motion Ren- totally great :bow
Thanks. I am still not good at drawing action poses, but I think I'm getting better. :3

ShadesFox

Mega Juicer, from the Rifts pen and paper RP.  Juicers have a large pack of chemical enhancers and, when in danger, get major shots of the stuff to enhance speed, strength, blah blah blah.    Though at a price of usually only living for a few years.  Prompting many to take to throwing themselves off buildings to get the high.  Because they an survive it.  Then you have the mega juicers that some times described as, "Bring out the nukes, it might not be enough, but you will have a chance."
The All Purpose Fox

Ren Gaulen

Recently xHaZxMaTx coloured a couple of my drawings of Julee, one of my characters. The results were pretty awesome. :3

Sexy Julee. (not exactly safe for work)

Both pictures are hosted on FA, and for those who can't or don't want to go there here are alternative links:
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh121/RentheKnight/BusinessLadycol.png
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh121/RentheKnight/SexyJuleecol.png (not exactly safe for work)

Mao

Thankfully I saw these before I went to work.

Vast difference from your previous works Ren.  Far beyond anything I'll likely ever be doing.  The different poses in these (and the last picture) are a refreshing change and are very well done for something that isn't the norm for you.  I also like how the current picture seems to be a bit more full bodied.  It really looks great.

Hazzy did a great job on the coloring as well.  I really like these pieces.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 29, 2009, 08:02:17 AM
Thankfully I saw these before I went to work.

Vast difference from your previous works Ren.  Far beyond anything I'll likely ever be doing.  The different poses in these (and the last picture) are a refreshing change and are very well done for something that isn't the norm for you.  I also like how the current picture seems to be a bit more full bodied.  It really looks great.

Hazzy did a great job on the coloring as well.  I really like these pieces.
Thanks. Lately I'm getting better and better at drawing various poses. This might as well become a norm for me too. :3

And Hazzy really did a great job. I'm looking forwart to more such collaborations with him. :3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 29, 2009, 08:14:11 AM
And Hazzy really did a great job. I'm looking forwart to more such collaborations with him. :3

Indeed.  Though Mao does have a point that these aren't especially safe for work, and if you're in a place where you can't or shouldn't access FA, looking at these is probably not a good idea either.  Well, less so for Business Lady IIRC, though at the end of the day it probably depends on your work.

Kipiru

Awesome work on the business lady- she is gorgeous. The coloring is nice, but I have to say that what really caught my eye was the clean lines- very nice. As for the sexy one- just one advice/critique- less detail on the leg muscles would have made her look even better(I have a thing against muscular women). And maybe a different color on her lingerie- the color chosen now just doesn't say "sexy" as loud as I'd like it. Of course this is all my opinion.