[Art] The Panther's New Art Station (8/30 -- Page 3 and 4 of Liz and Laan Comic)

Started by Aisha deCabre, July 24, 2009, 01:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aisha deCabre

Welcome one and all to my new art topic! :3

The old one can be found here.  Since it had become a somewhat large topic and cluttered with my art pages, I thought it would be easier to start putting new pictures in a new thread.  However, that one will still be there if people want to look at it.

So now once again, without further adyoo, some new pics.   Enjoy! ^^

Note:  Comments and critique are very much appreciated.  I find doing pictures fun and I always will, but I'd like to see at least a little bit of appreciation somehow for the work I do.

Cariu, Page 15 For those who have been following the comic.  The rest of the pages can easily be found on my Deviantart Page, just follow the links.

In The Grass, a nice piece of surprise giftart I did, featuring Gareeku and Aisha.

Ceriven for Lysander, another commission.  Glad you liked it, Lys!

Pymetria the Draenei Warrior, my first try at a humanoid and my first piece of World of Warcraft fanart.

Rest of Page 1

Keaton the Black Jackal giftart
"Show me the Demon" Aisha art and Kassin for The1Kobra
Basilisk's request
Myr's request sketched
Myr's request colored
Corgatha's request sketched, Lysander's request sketched too
Corgatha's request colored
Lysander's request colored

Page 2

Angel of the Falls
Cog and Bas in costumes, sketched, and the Felguard, a practice pic
Cog and Bas in costumes, colored, and a sketch of Theonor for Whitefox's request
Theonor for Whitefox colored and a showing of Liz and Laan archs
New Comic Page 2
New Comic Page 3
New Comic Page 4
New Comic Pages 5 and 6
New Comic Pages 7 and 8

Page 3

New Comic Pages 9 and 10
New Comic Pages 11 and 12
New Comic Page 13 and another Aisha pic, "Just Take Me"
New comic page 14
Sketched comic pages and sketched Dragifications
Ramin's Reunion, Page 15
Page 16, A raccoon, and Bas's commission
100 Challenges #1: Introduction
Ramin's Reunion, final page
Liz and Laan short comic, and a couple of colored Dragifications
Bas's Colored Dragification
#25 of 100 Themes done

Page 4

Cariu, page 16
#74 of 100 Themes done and Cariu, Page 17
#75 of 100 Themes and Cariu, Page 18
Cariu, Page 19
Cariu, Page 20, and a drawing of a couple-a bats.
Cariu, Page 21
Cariu, Page 22 and another draggy comic
Cariu, Page 23

Page 5

L & L -- Accents
The Bounty Hunter
Cariu: The final pages
Conbadge, Colored Bounty Hunter, GDW fanart, and a little something for someone
Aisha dancing
The Bounty Hunter and The Leap of Faith, new coloring and shading method
Mario for Zedd
Aisha: Mood in Red
Cariu cover page and #2: Love
Mood in Yellow featuring Jake, #50 of 100 Themes, and Commish for Paladin

Page 6

DMFA fanart, a couple of gift arts, and a new comic page.
Page 2 of the comic and Zedd's request
Page 3 and 4 of the comic

Commission Info: Right here

Requests:
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Kipiru

I love the one with you and Gar- he seems so relaxed! The other two are nice as well! Glad to see you're a Draenei fan as well  :mowwink

Aisha deCabre

Heh, well thanks Kipiru...it's nice to know that someone likes my art.  I thought I would have gotten much more feedback on the fanart, considering it's fanart that brings in the crowds.  :B

Ah well.  Now for something different.

Introducing some giftart for the one and only Keaton the Black Jackal.  She's been my friend for a while and is a very nice person in general, and considering she's done a bit of art for me, it's now time I've done something for her.

So now she has something from lil' old me to add to her ever-growing collection of Keaton art. x3  Darn fun to draw and color, although the markings look terrible to me, considering they're supposed to be so elaborate and pretty. xP

Hope you like, Keats!  Hope the rest of you like it too and don't think that I've besmirched her good fame.  :3

This is the original sketch, in case the colors are a bit too dark.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on July 29, 2009, 04:37:31 PM
So now she has something from lil' old me to add to her ever-growing collection of Keaton art. x3  Darn fun to draw and color, although the markings look terrible to me, considering they're supposed to be so elaborate and pretty. xP
No kidding.  When she turns up in the comic we're going to go with simplified markings, otherwise colouring it will kill me  :U

Okay.  The likeness is good.  The lighting is consistent.  The markings are very good given how insanely complex they are in Keaton's own rendition.  The only thing which gives me pause is the headwings.  Ideally they should be 2-3 times larger.  But that's the only quibble I have with it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kipiru

Heh, well thanks Kipiru...it's nice to know that someone likes my art.  I thought I would have gotten much more feedback on the fanart, considering it's fanart that brings in the crowds.  :B

Depends on the fans Aisha- I started playing WoW because of Draenei(later I realised that it's a good game in general)
Great Keaton pic, though the neck could be a bit longer- great coloring as usual!

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 29, 2009, 04:48:18 PM
No kidding.  When she turns up in the comic we're going to go with simplified markings, otherwise colouring it will kill me  :U

Okay.  The likeness is good.  The lighting is consistent.  The markings are very good given how insanely complex they are in Keaton's own rendition.  The only thing which gives me pause is the headwings.  Ideally they should be 2-3 times larger.  But that's the only quibble I have with it.

Many thanks, I'm glad that you approve of it as well Tape. :3  Heh, and originally I had thought of coloring her without headwings.  Are all 'Cubi headwings a little larger than that, or just Keaton's?  She's never said anything to me herself about it...regardless if she says it needs to be changed, then it's an easy thing to do.

Quote from: Kipiru on July 29, 2009, 04:53:27 PM

Depends on the fans Aisha- I started playing WoW because of Draenei(later I realised that it's a good game in general)
Great Keaton pic, though the neck could be a bit longer- great coloring as usual!

Considering the art that I find primarily with Draenei in it, I'm not surprised.  :B

Jabs aside, thanks!  Actually I drew the neck longer...I think it just looks short because it's supposed to be her with her snout lowered at a slightly upper angle, thus hiding the neck some...but if that's not how it looks, maybe I need more practice with perspective...heh, something to work on at least. x3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on July 29, 2009, 05:05:35 PM
Are all 'Cubi headwings a little larger than that, or just Keaton's?  She's never said anything to me herself about it...regardless if she says it needs to be changed, then it's an easy thing to do.

Hmm, it's not that cut-and-dried.
When Dan's first appeared they were quite large:
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_307.php
When he meets Cyra and shortly afterwards when he's in bed, her wings are about that size proportionally, but Dan's are smaller:
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1004.php

In Amber's rendition of Keaton they're only about 1.5-2 times larger than yours:
http://www.furaffinity.net/full/2507748/

In the ensemble picture I commissioned there is some variation in size even within that picture:
http://www.furaffinity.net/full/2554062/

...so yeah, it's a bit of a tricky one.  Part of it is that the previous picture I saw was Kipiru's and he always does the headwings and wings on the larger side.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 29, 2009, 05:18:57 PM
Quote from: Aisha deCabre on July 29, 2009, 05:05:35 PM
Are all 'Cubi headwings a little larger than that, or just Keaton's?  She's never said anything to me herself about it...regardless if she says it needs to be changed, then it's an easy thing to do.

Hmm, it's not that cut-and-dried.
When Dan's first appeared they were quite large:
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_307.php
When he meets Cyra and shortly afterwards when he's in bed, her wings are about that size proportionally, but Dan's are smaller:
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1004.php

In Amber's rendition of Keaton they're only about 1.5-2 times larger than yours:
http://www.furaffinity.net/full/2507748/

In the ensemble picture I commissioned there is some variation in size even within that picture:
http://www.furaffinity.net/full/2554062/

...so yeah, it's a bit of a tricky one.  Part of it is that the previous picture I saw was Kipiru's and he always does the headwings and wings on the larger side.

Ahhh, okay. x3  I figured there were different sizes and different styles of drawing headwings.  I'll try and find a larger size consistency, just that it's a little new for me to be drawing those lil' Cubi appendages--cool though they are--because appendages shouldn't really be growing out of the skull and considering the ears and hair are always in the way...

Basically the thing I like about drawing 'Cubi anyway is that any drawing consistency can also be attributed to the fact that...well...  :shapeshifters  >:3

Seriously though, thanks for the heads-up. x3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Aisha deCabre

Alrighty then, slightly new update. x3  I gotta remember to update this thing whenever I put something acceptable on DA.

Anyway, first is just another picture of Aisha, the true and fierce demon hunter that she is: "Show me the demon", she demands.  Probably one of the best-done pics of her IMO, concerning anatomy.

Yes, for those concerned, that's also the same picture whose original lineart is in the collaboration thread.  Just thought it time to show more people who watch this instead of that, I guess. x3

And also, now that it's revealed, Kassin for The1Kobra from the CCC thread.

Hope both are liked!  If it's not said so, I'll just assume they are liked anyway.  :3

Also, I'm announcing that I still have room for free requests as well as commissions.  Five slots are available.  So if anyone would like one, don't hesitate to ask. ^^  Same rules as in my commissions info apply, however.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Aisha deCabre

Hokay, well...

My first request pic has been done...for Basilik's cute sketch of Rynkura, I give him a picture of his 'Cubi character from the City RP.

Edaric of Clan Ahnasazi.

Hope you like it dude. :3  I tried as well as I could to approximate the colors you had in your description.  I must admit I think the design came out pretty good.  But OH GOD THE SPOTS. x.x

Hope the rest of you like it too.  I still have plenty of free spots left for free requests!
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Lisky

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Aisha deCabre

Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Myr

Heh, it is a rather nice bit of work. I only hope my end of our trade is enjoyable....once I'm done with it, of course.
'I've seen monks try and cover their ears when they hear these haunting notes, but they just don't understand that your soul doesn't need ears to hear.' ~Malkithe

'Sanity is a spider clinging to a fluttering thread of web unaware of the fingers reaching for it, catching it, plopping it in my mouth....' ~Myr

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Myr on September 05, 2009, 06:09:54 PM
Heh, it is a rather nice bit of work. I only hope my end of our trade is enjoyable....once I'm done with it, of course.

Thank you Myr. :3  I'm sure I'll like it, as I hope you'll like yours.  I'll put up a sketch for you to look at before I color it, too.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Myr

Don't mention it. And I'm glad you enjoyed the piece thus far.

Anyway, for you lucky souls out there, Aisha has asked that I put the link to the first piece of the story in this thread. I hope you all enjoy it as much as she has.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2753696
'I've seen monks try and cover their ears when they hear these haunting notes, but they just don't understand that your soul doesn't need ears to hear.' ~Malkithe

'Sanity is a spider clinging to a fluttering thread of web unaware of the fingers reaching for it, catching it, plopping it in my mouth....' ~Myr

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Myr on September 06, 2009, 02:25:50 PM
Don't mention it. And I'm glad you enjoyed the piece thus far.

Anyway, for you lucky souls out there, Aisha has asked that I put the link to the first piece of the story in this thread. I hope you all enjoy it as much as she has.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2753696

And a most cool story it is as well Myr. :3

Here also, finally, is a sketch of your request, Fjal, for ya.

Sketchin's.  I'll add the other colors and markings in Photoshop for ya, just thought I'd show you the sketch to see if it looks good to you so far before I do. :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Myr

Hopefully the continuation will be just as good. *Chuckle*

Hmmm....

As is, it's actually rather close as to how I see him. Can't wait to see him colored, to be honest.

Aisha deCabre

And here he is, colored.

Heh, I tried as best I could with the descriptions given me about his coloring, and how it's supposed to be calico-ish.  I had fun with it and I think I may have went overboard. xP

Sorry if it looks a bit haphazard, though.  I made the stupid mistake of putting my lineart on the original background pic itself, rather than on a separate layer. x.x  Thus I had to be very careful about coloring.  I can redo the pic if it looks too bad...I just couldn't be bothered to redo the lineart.

Otherwise, I hope you like it, Myr! ^^

2 down, 2 to go.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Myr

Heheh, maybe a little overboard, but excellent! Thank you very much.  And I'm glad you've had as much fun with drawing him as I have working on my end of our trade.

Speaking of which, part four of The Hunter's Path is up. Heh, if I'd known It was going to be so fun to do, and so darn big, I'd have made actual chapters...here it is:

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2769963/

Aisha deCabre

And now just a small update, to show I'm working on it...Kedered Sketch for Corgatha.

I'll get it colored and give him his markings later...just thought I'd put up the sketch so far to see if it's good shape-wise and whatnot. :3

I'm thinking of getting the sketches of all my requests done before I do any coloring.  The muse likes it that way. x3

Edit: And I just finished Lysias for Lysander, in sketch form.  Tried for an action pose this time.  Think I got it down, hopefully.  :3  Also tried to make him look more musteline than last time, with a narrower muzzle and rounded ears.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Lysander

Ooo, so far I do like. He certainly has a more unique looking face, and I like the fuzzy ears. Interesting pose and view too. I look forward to the end result :)    :januscat
TytajLucheek

Aisha deCabre

And now finally, Corgatha's request, colored.  'Tis the jaguar incubus, Kedered.  I redrew him and added the fancy clothes at Corgatha's suggestion, also redoing his pose completely to make him seem more like himself. x3

I also hope the body colors are correct.  I wasn't given specifics, only that he was a jaguar and had spots.  So, that's what I did. x3

Hope it's liked!

Doggone spotted cats... xP
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Myr

Corgatha Taldorthar

The colors are wonderful, and the expression and stance..... Pure gold.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Aisha deCabre

Thank you Myr, and Corgatha, many thanks, glad you liked your request. ^^

And now presenting my final one.  Lysias for Lysander.

I apologize for any awkwardness in the pose, I'm still trying to practice my action shots (the right arm in particular gave me trouble, as well as the position of the bow in respect to that).  Still I think it came out well and I followed the description enough methink. :3  Enjoy!

I also have one free request slot left if anyone wants one. ^^
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Lysander

I'd say you did pretty dang good; I know I couldn't pull off a pose like that very well. Also great work on the colors. That many variations of gray would be difficult to pull of so you can determine one piece of clothing from another. The shading is great, as usual, and I like his bow very much. You're awesome, Aisha!   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Lysander on September 22, 2009, 03:16:05 PM
I'd say you did pretty dang good; I know I couldn't pull off a pose like that very well. Also great work on the colors. That many variations of gray would be difficult to pull of so you can determine one piece of clothing from another. The shading is great, as usual, and I like his bow very much. You're awesome, Aisha!   :januscat

Heh, many thanks!  I'm glad you like the pic and that it came out well; I certainly tried.

Something about trench coats are fun to draw, too. xP
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

WhiteFox

If you have a slot open, I wouldn't mind a sketch of any of my comic characters. (Link.)
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: WhiteFox on September 23, 2009, 09:11:39 PM
If you have a slot open, I wouldn't mind a sketch of any of my comic characters. (Link.)

Heh, ah x3  Didn't even think I'd get a request so late.  Heh, already did Jade, so I guess it's one of the others. :3  You just want a sketch, or colored?
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

WhiteFox

This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...