[Art] The Panther's New Art Station (8/30 -- Page 3 and 4 of Liz and Laan Comic)

Started by Aisha deCabre, July 24, 2009, 01:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

He doesn't look that skinny to me; maybe that's just my view on things.

Nice eyes, though maybe a touch too bright; I'd kinda wonder how he couldn't miss them...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Merlin

Echoing that his build looks fine. His pose is good, he really does look so exhausted. His tail is kind of weird because it's hard to tell where it's coming from, but the shading looks good in making the eyes in the window look more menacing.

I like it C:

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 13, 2010, 03:23:48 AM
He doesn't look that skinny to me; maybe that's just my view on things.

Nice eyes, though maybe a touch too bright; I'd kinda wonder how he couldn't miss them...

Heheh; it's probably just the clothes, or the head; I dunno, for some odd reason, some builds don't come out well.  Still working on sizing.

As for the eyes, though, one could argue that he's just that far into sleep.  He has a lantern shining in his left eyelid too, after all. x3

Quote from: Merlin on April 13, 2010, 01:56:51 PM
Echoing that his build looks fine. His pose is good, he really does look so exhausted. His tail is kind of weird because it's hard to tell where it's coming from, but the shading looks good in making the eyes in the window look more menacing.

I like it C:

Heh, always nice to hear from others, thank you! (Btw, the comic in your sig, looks like something worthy to check out at some point x3).  The tail though...yeah, I admit, it was a little awkward to position.  He had to have a tail coming out of somewhere. x3 And sometimes elements that don't necessarily need to have a static pose (depending on the mood, otherwise), like a tail, tends to be drawn at random.  In this case he was laying with it curled upward and poking out of his side and over the leg.

In hindsight, maybe it should've gone over the vest...

Ah well.   :B Glad to know y'all liked ol' Luc's first appearance, however lax it was.   :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

GabrielsThoughts

hmm...as fascinating as this hundred themes challenge is I wonder if anyone has tried to create a sustainable coherent storyline with one theme per page without  damaging the integrity of said story.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on April 14, 2010, 10:16:19 PM
hmm...as fascinating as this hundred themes challenge is I wonder if anyone has tried to create a sustainable coherent storyline with one theme per page without  damaging the integrity of said story.

Heh; I don't doubt that it's possible for an imaginative writer to do.  But it would be a little too tedious I bet, and especially for me.  :B I find it a better idea to take the themes, choose what you want to do it on, and just let it inspire you.

I'd like to see someone try it though.

At any rate, for those of you who were interested in it before, a new page of Cariu has finally been put up, allowing me to continue the story.  If I can keep up and keep stress out of it, a new page will be put up every Monday.  Once-a-week always seems like a manageable update schedule for me, upon experimenting with things.

Enjoy. x3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

bradypodidae

Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

techmaster-glitch

Ahh, I was wondering what happened to the Cairu comic! And ooh, can't wait to see what memories she puts into the database...

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on April 19, 2010, 09:11:36 PM
hmm... I am intrigued *hits 'first page' link*

Heh, I hope you like it. ^^

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on April 19, 2010, 09:11:47 PM
Ahh, I was wondering what happened to the Cairu comic! And ooh, can't wait to see what memories she puts into the database...

x3 You'll find out eventually, I'm sure.  Still, I'm glad that people still enjoy it, though I've waited so long to sort out the ending to the chapter.  BTW, hope you know, it's spelled Ca-RI-u. ^^;

At any rate, the new page of said comic will be up on Monday...for the filler moment, I present my next 100 Themes portion.

#74: Are You Challenging Me? Heh, it took me a bit to come up with ideas for this one, as there are so many possibilities when you're working with an adventurer and her entire family.

Then, chatting with Gareeku, I had an idea.  We'd agreed some time ago that in the past of our timelines, Gar's father Siriso and Aisha's father Luc were rival adventurers.  So, why not use that?

There they are, the jaguar looking kinda smug as he prepares to go toe-to-toe with the white wolf.  As I pointed out before, the pictures won't just be about Aisha, but her kin. :3

Apologies if Luc looks awkward though, I still need practice with drawing characters from behind, and especially at an angle... <<  >>

Enjoy!
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

bradypodidae

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on April 24, 2010, 10:03:19 PMHeh, I hope you like it. ^^

Indeed I do! And I am looking forward to Monday!

A saber versus sword? That would be an interesting fencing match to witness!

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on April 24, 2010, 10:58:44 PM
Quote from: Aisha deCabre on April 24, 2010, 10:03:19 PMHeh, I hope you like it. ^^

Indeed I do! And I am looking forward to Monday!

A saber versus sword? That would be an interesting fencing match to witness!

Heh, I hope I don't disappoint, then :3

Also, if you mean "saber" as the sword that Siriso's holding, that's supposed to be his katana. :B Just goes to show how inept I am at objects still. ^^;

EDIT: And now, the new page.  Heh, I seem to rather like messing with cliffhangers these days. x3  Nice and easy to color this time too.

Since I didn't have much to say, and my art thread was still up, I thought I'd just edit this post. x3 Hope people can see it.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yup,  I saw it.

Always interesting seeing what happens next...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

Heh heh. Why is it that whenever someone says "this won't hurt a bit" or "You'll feel a slight sensation", even if they are supposed to be a friend, it's always a lie? xD

bradypodidae

See it, also, and yeah, cliffhanger is a good word.

I was thinking saber because recently I was at a fencing club exhibition where they demonstrated the differences between foil, epee, and saber, so it wasn't your ability at drawing objects more my being fixated on the saber demonstration. ;-]

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on April 27, 2010, 03:30:31 PM
See it, also, and yeah, cliffhanger is a good word.

I was thinking saber because recently I was at a fencing club exhibition where they demonstrated the differences between foil, epee, and saber, so it wasn't your ability at drawing objects more my being fixated on the saber demonstration. ;-]

Heh, ah, alright then. x3  I was wondering.  I'd probably do the same thing if I were attending a talk about swords; such is my fascination with them myself.

Well, anyway, now for the new pics. x3

First, as promised, Cariu has updated.  As I said in the comments on the pic, I hope I have offset the disappointment of a word-heavy splash page with some deliciously foreshadowing drama.   :B

Also the next 100 Themes pic, #75: Mirror.  I had fun trying to draw this, as I have had a -lot- of trouble trying to duplicate a reflection in that thing by pencil.  So I ended up faking it in Photoshop. ^^;;

The story behind the pic: Even before she was an adventurer, Aisha was never very girly-girl.  She never liked to attend formal parties, and you'd have to practically pull her by the tail to try on a dress.  But at one point, as part of an adventure, she and her party had to infiltrate a posh night club.  And that meant reluctantly parting with her weapons for a while and going along with it.

This is her with the dress she eventually chose, and the uncomfortable look in her face betrays the want to just get the whole thing over with.  Still, in the end, one could say she had a little bit of fun anyway.  Before all hell broke loose. :3

Heh, enjoy both, all.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Gabi

Those images are so sad! Even the last one. Aisha looks like she's really upset, or at least very worried. Was she afraid she would mess things up for not knowing the proper way to act in such a situation? Or was she that annoyed by having to wear a dress?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Gabi on May 03, 2010, 04:36:16 PM
Those images are so sad! Even the last one. Aisha looks like she's really upset, or at least very worried. Was she afraid she would mess things up for not knowing the proper way to act in such a situation? Or was she that annoyed by having to wear a dress?

Both, really.  But considering you're the second person I've shown the picture to who mistook Aisha's rather embarrassed (she's supposed to be blushing) look for one of sadness, I should've probably toned the look down a bit.  :B
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Aisha deCabre

And so, I update with today's page of Cariu.  Hope you enjoy!  x3 I seem to be getting the hang of working on a comic's pacing, hopefully.

That's the only update I have for art right now.  RL things are kinda kicking my muse around, but these are at least easy to do.

Blood, but I need to get back to writing...  :B
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

bradypodidae

I'm not so sure I would want to vividly relive all my past experiences. Some I am happy to have the veil of time cloud up a bit.

I get the impression Aramos is helping support Cariu in the last panel. Perhaps helping her to the air pocket?

Wow, so many memories, how many will we be privy to? Nice update!

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on May 10, 2010, 04:16:01 PM
I'm not so sure I would want to vividly relive all my past experiences. Some I am happy to have the veil of time cloud up a bit.

I get the impression Aramos is helping support Cariu in the last panel. Perhaps helping her to the air pocket?

Wow, so many memories, how many will we be privy to? Nice update!

Heh, actually, he's just helped the machine's headgear off of Cariu's head, hence the little *pop* sound effect there. x3  But, I do like to show that ol' Aramos is quite helpful in his own ways.  He would help her to the surface if she couldn't swim.

And thanks! :3 You'll know of some of the memories in future chapters, but I doubt that I'll show them all.  It's a bit more fun and more mysterious that way.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

WhiteFox

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on May 10, 2010, 04:16:01 PM
<fwiw>
Memory is an interesting thing. People tend to think of it like a video recording, but it's actually more like a series of snapshots and impressions. Adrenalin will strengthen memory formation, which is why so many of our strongest memories are moments of fear or anger.

I have more then a few painful memories myself. I try to keep in mind that there were pleasant times in there too, even if I don't remember them as strongly.

I'm pretty retrospective on the bad times, too. As painful as some memories can be, they fade with time. That's when I wish I could remember them more clearly, because it's hard to answer questions about what went wrong when you can't quite remember just what really happened. Were there warning signs? Was I the only one responsible for what happened? Will it happen again if I don't figure this out? I'm still afraid of dating again, in case things turn out just like last time.

If I had the chance to go back through it all, clearly, I think I would.
</fwiw>

On the one hand, I really wish I knew what was going on. On the other hand, flashbacks are kinda tedious. So... Hm. I guess I'll just have to be patient. And keep coming back for more.

Well played, Aisha... Well played.

I just noticed Aramos has a cable coming out of his flipper. I don't think that was there in any of the other page... Curious.

By the way... that *Pop* SFX really sells it. Lawls were had.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: WhiteFox on May 10, 2010, 06:04:54 PM
On the one hand, I really wish I knew what was going on. On the other hand, flashbacks are kinda tedious. So... Hm. I guess I'll just have to be patient. And keep coming back for more.

Well played, Aisha... Well played.

I just noticed Aramos has a cable coming out of his flipper. I don't think that was there in any of the other page... Curious.

By the way... that *Pop* SFX really sells it. Lawls were had.

Bahaha *bows* Many thanks x3 Glad you liked it.  I knew I was glad somehow about keeping the sound effect in, too; I have certain friends-who-think-too-much, who wondered if the sound effect would even happen underwater. :B  Live n' think, I guess.

Also, yeah, if you check carefully, Aramos always had the little string coming out of his dorsal fin.  Heh, something random I threw in, to add to his character I guess.  Scars and markings like that make a character a little more defined and interesting visually, so you're not just dealing with a run-of-the-mill critter.  That little feature...I'll let you know what it's about when I think of it uh, sometime. :3

Now without further adieu, I haz the next update.  Enjoy page 20 if ye will.

I also have another picture, which was kinda inspired by a conversation with the peeps here I talk to on MSN alot, about bats. x3  Namely if you had a bat character, and me thinking that I should really try drawing one, as I never have before.

Behold.  Alexander, a rather articulate and happy gentleman and his sidekick out for an exploration of the city.  Heh, as some of them will tell you though (and as the description says, along with all the other reasonings), I also used the pic as an excuse to draw a Honduran White Bat, which -must- be the cutest lil' teeny bats in all creation. :B  As far as trying an anthro chiropteran, it seems to have come out quite well.

I created quite a few random characters now...I wonder if I shall lump them into the same universe, or use one for an RP to join just for fun...I already wanna draw this guy again. xP

Anyway!
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

bradypodidae

Mr. deBat is quite the dapper Gentleman!

I am a bit curious as Cariu is as to how Aramos came to be the guardian of such a place. Very nice update, Aisha!

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Aisha deCabre

And now for the next page.

Heh, I haven't been too artsy lately I admit, what with going back to work and helping out with the house...but at least it doesn't take very long to do a page at the moment, what with my style. xP

I do wonder if Aramos is telling the whole story.  :3

Enjoy!
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

bradypodidae

It does seem Aramos is skirting the question.

I think the lighting effects came off quite well, as I immediately interpreted it as the water surface under the doom dome. Well done!

edited for typo

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Aisha deCabre

New Page, as promised. :3 I'm glad that people are enjoying the story.  I admit I'm enjoying trying to flesh out Aramos a little bit in the script.  This has led to me fleshing it out a little more as I go.

Also, I felt like drawing something funny out of the Liz and Laan universe, so here's a one-shot starring Ramin.  Heh, more often than not, whenever my muse craves a dose of badass, it often comes with ridicule. xP

It's come to my attention that I should probably draw some more of my female characters to balance out all the male fighters appearing quite a bit in the thing.  :B  I do know peeps who'd like that...

Anyway, enjoy.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Aisha deCabre

And we have another New Cariu page, a day late.  Real life has been kinda kicking me and my muse around lately, what with various disappointments and the excitement surrounding my being able to go to AC.

Regardless, I hope everyone enjoys. ^^  And I hope everyone enjoyed the Liz and Laan comic I threw in on the last post. x3 I have another one drawn up too, as well as another 100 Themes pic, both to color and post here later.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

bradypodidae

Ah, real life; as long as it doesn't chase your muse away completely!  :) (Have fun at AC)

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Lisky

i think this comic opens up more questions, than gives answers for me... but, i suppose i'll hold off on some of the more obvious ones for a few more pages, lest they be answered there.

as for the artwork itself, i do like silhouette use, and you did an excellent job on the rather difficult pose from behind in the last panel... i guess my only question (and mostly because i used to want to be an oceanographer before deciding on med-school) Aren't dolphin's dorsal fins just a bit taller?  perhaps it's just the angle and me being tired... but my mental image seems to have the fin being taller, and more angular :B

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Basilisk on June 10, 2010, 12:09:33 AM
i think this comic opens up more questions, than gives answers for me... but, i suppose i'll hold off on some of the more obvious ones for a few more pages, lest they be answered there.

as for the artwork itself, i do like silhouette use, and you did an excellent job on the rather difficult pose from behind in the last panel... i guess my only question (and mostly because i used to want to be an oceanographer before deciding on med-school) Aren't dolphin's dorsal fins just a bit taller?  perhaps it's just the angle and me being tired... but my mental image seems to have the fin being taller, and more angular :B

Heh, which dolphin? :p Only a bit of Aramos's head and piece of armor can be seen in the last panel.  Cariu's however was hard to get right from behind, and hard to get a hooked tip right from behind as well, but generally a female Orca's dorsal fin is short and curved, and hers is no exception.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Lisky

i was talking about Aramos... soo... that's armor :o... gotcha...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->