[Art] The Panther's New Art Station (8/30 -- Page 3 and 4 of Liz and Laan Comic)

Started by Aisha deCabre, July 24, 2009, 01:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 31, 2009, 05:41:15 PM
heh. Don't laugh, don't laugh... ;-]

Well, I'm sure -you- can laugh. :B

Quote from: WhiteFox on December 31, 2009, 06:20:02 PM
Quote from: Aisha deCabre on December 31, 2009, 03:07:50 PM
Yeah, I'm a thorough world-builder.  Enjoy!

World building is the fun part.

Conversely, exposition is tedious. So, kudos for revealing said world building in an interesting way.

Many thanks, I'm quite surprised and glad that I'm managing to do so. x3

Anyway, thanks for the comments you guys, I'm glad that the comics are liked. :3  And now for the next two pages.

Page 9
Page 10

Enjoy!
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

bradypodidae

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on January 07, 2010, 03:03:36 PM
I'm glad that the comics are liked

Why yes, yes it is. I do enjoy your world-building commentary with each page. It adds to the enjoyment.

I tease my 8-year-old Niece that she better bring home 'friends', especially boys, that she can truly trust. Her entire life from birth on is being recorded not in photos, but on video, and her Mom loves to share...
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 07, 2010, 05:00:37 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 31, 2009, 05:41:15 PM
heh. Don't laugh, don't laugh... ;-]

Well, I'm sure -you- can laugh. :B

I sure can. And did. ;-}

Bahaha xP  MY WORK HERE IS DONE.

...Okay, not really. x3

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on January 07, 2010, 03:28:37 PM
I'm glad that the comics are liked

Why yes, yes it is. I do enjoy your world-building commentary with each page. It adds to the enjoyment.

I tease my 8-year-old Niece that she better bring home 'friends', especially boys, that she can truly trust. Her entire life from birth on is being recorded not in photos, but on video, and her Mom loves to share...

Heh, there seems to be one in every family. xP  And many thanks! ^^

And now thus, the next two pages are here. :3

Page 11
Page 12

Enjoy you guys.  I'll be holding off these comic updates for a little bit whilst I get to work on some other pics.  I owe one commish courtesy of Basilisk, among them.

Speaking of commissions, remember that I'm always open for them.  The details are linked to on the front page of the art thread.

I announce also hitherto that I really would like to get a bit of extra money, as I plan to get to Anthrocon and meet some of you guys.  So whatever help can be offered in exchange for my arting would be very, very much appreciated. ^^
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Gabi

Interesting comic! I've only just noticed it, but I've read through it and I like the way it's going now. ^_^

I also like (and find it a bit funny) the way you provide more information in the comments than in the comic itself.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Gabi on January 14, 2010, 11:35:34 AM
Interesting comic! I've only just noticed it, but I've read through it and I like the way it's going now. ^_^

I also like (and find it a bit funny) the way you provide more information in the comments than in the comic itself.

Heh, thanks Gab, glad that you got around to reading it. ^^

Also, new stuff, since I couldn't get to sleep and figured I'd just post 'em.

Page 13, as expected.

Just Take Me, basically a pic that was me using Aisha as an emotional outlet.  I think I'm getting a little more practice with female anatomy at any rate.

Enjoy.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Gabi

Poor Aisha. :hug

Whatever's caused you to feel that way, I hope it's over soon. Your drawing is great, and page 13 seems suspenseful and a bit ominous.

Aisha deCabre

And here we go, page 14.  It's been laying around on DA for a while, I was gonna wait until I could get the next page done too, but I thought I'd be nice since I won't be drawing for a while.

The story's on my DA journal, but long story short, I had an accident at work and my right arm is out of commission for at least 3 weeks; so there won't be any more art from me for a while. >:  Just to let y'all know.  Writings will be slow in coming too.

Argh, I'm gonna be SO BORED...
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Gabi

Oh, sorry to hear that. :( I hopeyou get well soon. :hug

That's an unusual sunset color, but I've seen it a couple of times (and I was quite impressed when it happened).

I feel sorry for Liz now.

Oh, and the extra information you provided was very interesting.

Aisha deCabre

Allllrighty then, time to submit a little something just to keep the thread up. :3  My wrist is still healing up, and it should be one more week before my stitches are removed.  Meanwhile I thought I'd show you guys some sketches that need to be colored yet.

First, I've been having a new set of requests done on DeviantArt: caricatures of a sort.  This journal page gives the rules.  Basically, if you like my dragon comics and wondered what you yourself would look like as one of them, this may interest you. :3

These are the first 3 sketches: Lysander, Dragonaide, a DA watcher of mine, and Basilisk.  They will all look better colored, I'm sure, but for preview purposes, there. x3

Also, I've had the final pages of Ramin's Reunion sketched out for a while now, so I figured I'll put them up as a preview before I color them.  Exclusive for you all before DA. :3

Page 15, Page 16, and Page 17.  Sorry about the dialogue.  My handwriting is a bit pokey when I'm not trying to be neat, I know. x3

Warning: Dialogue and some designs are most likely subject to change as the pages are colored. :3

Enjoy!
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yeah, the text is extremely hard to read in the scans - if only because the shrinking blurs it somewhat. :-/

The first one, especially, but parts of the other two as well.

Aside from that, the art looks excellent. Can't wait to see it coloured.

Gabi

Nice dragifications!

The new pages look interesting, but I couldn't read some of the text in the darker parts. I'll wait and read them again when the final version is up.

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 10, 2010, 07:56:08 AM
Yeah, the text is extremely hard to read in the scans - if only because the shrinking blurs it somewhat. :-/

The first one, especially, but parts of the other two as well.

Aside from that, the art looks excellent. Can't wait to see it coloured.

Many thanks, glad they're liked :3 Yeah, that's the drawback of using a digital camera instead of a scanner, among other things. x3

Quote from: Gabi on March 10, 2010, 01:45:44 PM
Nice dragifications!

The new pages look interesting, but I couldn't read some of the text in the darker parts. I'll wait and read them again when the final version is up.

Thanks Gab!  And no worries; that kinda works for me, as I wanted to post the page sketches but felt weird about spoiling the story.  But heck, it's only 3 pages. x3  Once they're colored they'll be better and coherent.

Plus for anyone curious, the sketches give a glimpse of how I actually draw.  I only use a guide for the head, and the rest is free-hand (plus some erasings seen on the paper a bit there, as I tend to correct myself alot with this method). x3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

WhiteFox

Even without the dialog, you really get the feeling there's a conversation going on. Awesomes.

D'aww... they're brushing tails.  :3

I don't know how you can draw like that... I have to use fifty billion circles and guidelines to do anything. :<
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: WhiteFox on March 11, 2010, 12:28:01 AM
Even without the dialog, you really get the feeling there's a conversation going on. Awesomes.

D'aww... they're brushing tails.  :3

I don't know how you can draw like that... I have to use fifty billion circles and guidelines to do anything. :<

x3  Heh, some people's styles, I suppose.  I'm good at drawing from memory where things go and how things more or less look, but I must have a guide for the head, for the size of it and for facial expressions.  Now that I think about it, maybe I'll use one for limbs, as that's become hardest now.

Speaking of which, I now have page 15 up finally. x3  I got my cast off today and can use my right hand again, but sadly, I'll have to undergo a bit of therapy before I can hold a pencil up long enough to draw anything. >:

But I can color. ^^  So, enjoy this one.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Gabi

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Gabi on March 17, 2010, 06:06:18 PM
Enjoyed I have. ^_^

Thanks, Gab! ^^

And now this time, I'm less boring and have three more pictures to show. x3

Out of the Dark is the newest picture I've sketched, since now I finally got my write hand able to hold a pencil again.  As for the subject, it came up randomly after a conversation about raccoons in an MSN chat.  x3 All my friends in said conversation know who you are.  :3

The next Ramin's Reunion Page, finally texted up.

And, my latest commission was finally finished.  Bas and Aleyna, two demons dressed in their best and sharing a dance.  Very glad it was liked, Bas. :3

Enjoy!
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Aisha deCabre

Apologies for the double-post...but now, one more pic. x3

I decided to hop on the 100 Themes Challenge bandwagon and finished coloring my first one today.  It's going to be based on Aisha's backstory, but unlike Tales of the Risen, the pictures will cover not only the past, but visions of the present and future as well.  It may also focus on her friends, family, and even foes...heck, maybe even characters belonging to other people that have become a part of her canon (such as Gareeku, as per Furrae Chronicles).  I hopefully won't get too spoileriffic with them, but then again, I'm not too worried as I don't know if more than three people read the stuff. x3

At any rate, it's for a bit of character development and practicing art on Aisha's part, and for those of you who'd like to join me for the ride, you're welcome.

#1: Introduction seemed like a good place to start.  Aisha herself, surrounded by three of her oldest friends/pseudo-family members of the monastery where she stays: Jake the gryphon, knight guard of the grounds; Cheyenne the succubus, rookie healer and member of clan Mraisae; and Mistress Rynkura Msh'taan the tiger angel, head of the Monastery and Aisha's godmother and mentor.

I must admit, I'm glad to have finally gotten a good head design down for both Rynkura and Cheyenne. x3  I don't expect to finish the entire bunch of challenges, but it's nice to have something to do if a muse runs out of ideas.

Hope that y'all like it.  And even if not, there it is anyway.  :P
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Aisha deCabre

The final page of Ramin's Reunion, now up.

I hope you guys liked it as much as I enjoyed writing the story.  If you did or didn't, I would liked to hear about it.  I always appreciate feedback, after all. ^^

I would say more, but I've not been feeling well, so I'll just say, thanks for reading?  :hug  Yeah, that sounds okay. x3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

WhiteFox

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on March 29, 2010, 07:31:00 PM
I hope you guys liked it as much as I enjoyed writing the story.
You must have enjoyed it a lot then.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

bradypodidae

I have enjoyed it quite a bit, actually. I like the ending, as for now it is a happy one. Thanks for the added info, it made the story more interesting.

Hope you feel better soon.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Gabi

Aisha deCabre

Thanks you guys, for your nice comments. ^^  I'm glad that people liked the story, at least those of you who have both read and let me know what you thought.

I finished coloring a new one-shot page here too, if anyone likes.  I was going for a bit of humor, but so far I've only gotten some rather lax reactions.  It's the kinda thing that makes me wonder if the effort I put into this (and it was a lot of effort, from all that linearting to trying to space the speech bubbles and trying not to be lazy on the shading) is even worth the amount of feedback I usually get.

Lysander's Dragification is finished anyway, and Bas's will be finished soon.  I'll throw in the last to show for the heck of it.

Enjoy, and please pardon my mood.  ^^;;  Justified or not, it's still there.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

bradypodidae

Scythe's expressions in the sixth and seventh panels are priceless. Strength and a deft touch, nice!

For what it's worth, I think you effort is well worth it.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

WhiteFox

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on April 05, 2010, 08:37:38 PM
It's the kinda thing that makes me wonder if the effort I put into this (and it was a lot of effort, from all that linearting to trying to space the speech bubbles and trying not to be lazy on the shading) is even worth the amount of feedback I usually get.
The best reason to make comics is that you want to. It's satisfying. Feedback is just a way to hang out with other artists and talk about what you do.

Of course, most of the feedback you get come from fans, not artists, so 9 times out of 10 it's pretty useless and insipid.

The effort you go through means that you are continuing to improve your work. It's a good sign, and it's clearly paying off.

[edit] Tthat comic is hilarious, by the way.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I enjoyed the comic, too, Aisha. I have to wonder how the card castle is still standing, as well - those things are amazingly fragile...

Corgatha Taldorthar

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Gabi

Don't give up, Aisha! I enjoy your comics. If I take some time to reply it's only because a) I haven't noticed the update or b) I'm to busy but I will try to reply soon.

I liked the way the cards remained in their place. He does have some talent!

And I like Lysander's dragification picture too. His face seems a bit flat in comparison to the rest of his body, but I like the facial expression. Also his hair and the way his wings are folded.

Aisha deCabre

Bas's Dragification is complete! :3 I'm glad he enjoyed it, and at the moment I've yet one more to do.

Also, I want to thank everybody very much for the kind words; I feel a little silly, worrying about feedback.  In truth I really do like to draw very much, and I do so often for myself, for the practice.  The extra pics in my sketchbook that may not ever be seen kinda vouch for that. x3  It's just nice to know when people like it if I -do- do something for them.

But anyway:

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on April 05, 2010, 09:25:26 PM
Scythe's expressions in the sixth and seventh panels are priceless. Strength and a deft touch, nice!

For what it's worth, I think you effort is well worth it.

I'm glad you think so, Pro, many thanks. ^^  Heh, I had quite a bit of fun doing Scythe's expressions, honestly. x3

Quote from: WhiteFox on April 05, 2010, 10:09:49 PM
Quote from: Aisha deCabre on April 05, 2010, 08:37:38 PM
It's the kinda thing that makes me wonder if the effort I put into this (and it was a lot of effort, from all that linearting to trying to space the speech bubbles and trying not to be lazy on the shading) is even worth the amount of feedback I usually get.
The best reason to make comics is that you want to. It's satisfying. Feedback is just a way to hang out with other artists and talk about what you do.

Of course, most of the feedback you get come from fans, not artists, so 9 times out of 10 it's pretty useless and insipid.

The effort you go through means that you are continuing to improve your work. It's a good sign, and it's clearly paying off.

[edit] Tthat comic is hilarious, by the way.

Buahaha, I thought so. xP  But yeah, hilarity aside, what you say rings true.  I do appreciate it more when discussing art with artists and I get advice to improve myself.  If you go more for the latter, odds are you might get more anti-fans too. :B (My first two Dragifications got trolled on by an anthro-hater.  Idjits.) >> 

And I'm quite glad to know that I am improving. ^^  Sometimes it feels that my style's making me stick.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 06, 2010, 06:41:47 AM
I enjoyed the comic, too, Aisha. I have to wonder how the card castle is still standing, as well - those things are amazingly fragile...
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on April 06, 2010, 10:57:17 AM
luck?

Law of funny?

Law of Funny. :3  But Tac really does have a bit of precision to his strength.  It often makes his siblings wonder why he's not smarter. xP

On that note, card houses are arguably the best exercises in frustration. >>

Quote from: Gabi on April 06, 2010, 01:43:21 PM
Don't give up, Aisha! I enjoy your comics. If I take some time to reply it's only because a) I haven't noticed the update or b) I'm to busy but I will try to reply soon.

I liked the way the cards remained in their place. He does have some talent!

And I like Lysander's dragification picture too. His face seems a bit flat in comparison to the rest of his body, but I like the facial expression. Also his hair and the way his wings are folded.

Thank you, Gab. ^^  Don't worry, I understand about the situation too.  Heh, real life tends to make one busy.  And I do appreciate it when you do notice.

Thanks again. ^^ I wish I had more to say or show, except see everyone next update, with another 100 Themes pic probably. >>
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Aisha deCabre

#25: Trouble Lurking.  The next of my 100 Themes in line to be done. :3

An exhausted ex-adventurer Luc Cabre, having said good night to his daughter only a few hours ago, flops asleep almost instantly on his couch with but only a small circle of illumination by a nearby lamp.  Little does he sense that his doom peers behind him from the window, in the form of a demon, as the rest of the little village is entering the moment of siege.

x3 This is the first drawing of Aisha's father that I've ever done.  He seems to have come out skinnier than I had planned, but otherwise, I don't have a qualm with it. :3

Enjoy, guys!
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.