Interractive Option Time! (Clan Leader Appearance)

Started by Amber Williams, April 30, 2011, 04:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Clan Leader should actually be at this upcoming meeting?

Kish'Ta
Seme
Taun
Zezzuva
Dimanika
Surprise Me!
Daryil

Amber Williams

So there is this potential get together at the Academy coming up...

Some clans will be opting to just send representatives, some aren't showing up at all, and two clans are opting to send a puppet avatar of themselves.  I had planned for 3 to show up, so I thought it would be kind of a fun thing to let you guys decide the third clan leader who will be making a more direct appearance in the comic.  Whichever one has the highest votes will actually show up and who knows...their appearance may even alter the story a lil bit.

So vote away!

Lisky

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Maark30

Quote from: Basilisk on April 30, 2011, 04:45:25 PM
Whoever gives bad hugs! :U

That would most likely be Dimanika.  From her Clan Leader page she seems to have a  'Loony Toon' nature.   :popcorn :simon
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

bradypodidae

I say the Sloth Clan Leader Mason drew a year or so ago.

Art by Mason Williams.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Tapewolf

http://www.project-future.org/stuff/things/stripF47-dar.png

...Seriously, it was hard to choose between Taun and Dimanika.  And took a great effort of will to resist adding "Princess Celestia" to the end of the poll.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

It is an interesting idea of who comes and who doesn't.

We don't even know how this meeting is held.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Basilisk on April 30, 2011, 04:45:25 PM
Whoever gives bad hugs! :U

Bad Touch! Bad Touch!

... or are we thinking sheep and rocket launchers, here?

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 30, 2011, 05:12:02 PM

*rotfl* I think it's the cheesy grin on his face that makes it most amusing.

...Seriously, it was hard to choose between Taun and Dimanika.  And took a great effort of will to resist adding "Princess Celestia" to the end of the poll.

Whereas I, on the other hand, didn't resist editing it at all.

Of course, I wasn't defacing it, now, was I? Instead I merely added helpful links...

Edit:
Oh, hey, I was going to ask a question. Ambaargh, I'm curious as to how Taun's clan will react to Dan's appearance. Uh, his showing up, I mean, not what he's wearing. If I vote for her, is such a subject likely to show up, or do we have no influence on that?

I spose the other half of the equation is Dan's reaction to an Amazon-esque clan leader... which might be worth it all by itself. *snicker*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sienna Maiu - M T

Dimanika, because, well... "awesome".

Terror for the Nightmare Queen.
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

ashbear160

I registered just so i could vote dimanika

She has appeared in the comic before with the absolute wickest face, and has a "no kill" Policy which makes me think of her as pure troll

Joe3210

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 30, 2011, 05:56:57 PM
Of course, I wasn't defacing it, now, was I? Instead I merely added helpful links...

I appreciate your help.  :)

I would like to see Taun show up also, as I think about it.
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

Anker Steadfast

Well, since I couldn't vote for Clan Mink (of Awesomeness), I decided to go with Dimanika, since she seems an interesting figure. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

D'ymkarra

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 30, 2011, 05:56:57 PM
I suppose the other half of the equation is Dan's reaction to an Amazon-esque clan leader... which might be worth it all by itself. *snicker*

I second this!
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Ryy Lazurus

And I vote for Seme!

My reason is entirely selfish. But really, I think she looks awesome, and I want tae see her and Abel meet.

nevwyn

I voted for Taun but what I really want to do is direct...er :mowmeep

I vote for the clan leader that looks best in parachute pants. :mowcookie

Turnsky

does whatever clan Ink's a part of still have a leader, if so.. That'll be amusing.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on May 01, 2011, 02:10:36 AM
For those of us who don't have all the clan leaders memorized:
Kish'Ta
Seme
Taun
Zezzuva
Dimanika

... or, you can click on the links in the actual poll, since they'll take you to the same place anyway...

Pay attention, Robbie. I thought you were better than this.

Anker Steadfast

To be fair, DMFA forum style links can be hard to notice, since they have no underscore and almost the same color as the default text.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

llearch n'n'daCorna

bright blue, rather than plain black, against a light background?

No, wait. Let me look at them under the DMFA skin. Hrm. Yes, you're right, those are tricky to see. I'll have a word to the designer (hey, DM!) and see if we can't adjust that. If nothing else, links _should_ be underlined, so might take that off...

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 01, 2011, 07:12:00 AM
bright blue, rather than plain black, against a light background?

No, wait. Let me look at them under the DMFA skin. Hrm. Yes, you're right, those are tricky to see. I'll have a word to the designer (hey, DM!) and see if we can't adjust that. If nothing else, links _should_ be underlined, so might take that off...
Uh, yea.  :erk Seriously, I didn't see them, and I at least /thought/ I moused over them in the first place.

Oh well. Oops.

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ewps, indeed. On my part, as well. I've changed text-decoration:none; to underline, which should resolve that, on both DMFA skins.

So the 69 people using the first one, the 6 using the second one, and the 596 people using the forum default (which will default to skin #1, in this board) will all see links, now. Yay.

MT Hazard

Only two votes for Kish'Ta? Shame, she is definitely one of the more 'interesting' clan leaders.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

VAE

Taun, definitely. For one, she seems to be the clan leader which actually drags cubi to cooperation screaming and kicking. For two, given how meetings tend to go.. for anger and confusion cubi it's a lunch buffet.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 01, 2011, 07:20:59 AM
Ewps, indeed. On my part, as well. I've changed text-decoration:none; to underline, which should resolve that, on both DMFA skins.

At last - now I can stop manually adding the underline tag to them  :3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

I kinda would be a hypocrite if I didn't vote for Dimanika.... :P

If Doctor Ink's leader (don't know he/she's status) and Quoar could be options; I would be extremely torn! D:

OMG! :U This made my morning, thanks! c:

I say we totally add him to the poll! Of course, then I'd be extremely torn some more..... :3

Mao

Needs more Owona. (Not that I actually expect the leader of a clan like that to show up, or even to be noticed if they do)

Lore

For some reason I thought this was going to be a "design your own clan leader!" type thing. Anyway...

I'm more interested in the leaders not on the list, since we now know two of them are sending avatars. Cyra is (if he'll agree to it) sending Dan, Fa'lina, I'm assuming, is a given and not one of the two... So that leaves:

Nact'larn
Jin
Owona
Piflak
Quoar

I so want to see Kish'ta there though. :3

ShadesFox

I voted for Dimanika.  The oatmeal told me to.
The All Purpose Fox

keybounce

Alright, so if we can't have the youngest leader (Mink), then ...

Nact'Larn: Clan of first kiss. "Why, hello entire eligible 50% of your clan"

Dimanika: Confusion: "So you're an ex adventurer, a good guy, and we consider good to be those that kill those that would kill us, and now you're one of our good guys, right?"

Hmm ... looking at that last panel of Mink's report, do you think that maybe that teacher is a clan leader in hiding? If Mink became a clan leader, would it retire from teaching or from leading?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 01, 2011, 10:12:32 AM
At last - now I can stop manually adding the underline tag to them  :3

Well, if you'd say something, it might happen sooner... ;-]