Interractive Option Time! (Clan Leader Appearance)

Started by Amber Williams, April 30, 2011, 04:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Clan Leader should actually be at this upcoming meeting?

Kish'Ta
Seme
Taun
Zezzuva
Dimanika
Surprise Me!
Daryil

Ryy Lazurus

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on May 03, 2011, 06:50:30 AM
Quote from: Ryy Lazurus on May 02, 2011, 09:50:20 AM
My second vote would be for the Kish'Ta.

Picture the scene, She and Dan, she puts him at ease with a little mild banter, he relaxes, they share a joke, then she very politely asks;
"Daniel my friend, I have to quickly say hello to that cubi there, could you hold onto something for me for a moment" *sound of face being pealed off and handed to young incubus* "thank you very much sweetie" *kiss blown*

hmm...
this demands art! D:<

I agree with you 100%. Alas, I cannot draw. Feel free yourself if the image appeals.

Les

I've been periodically checking this thread for the past couple of days, and Every time I have Dimanika has been ahead of Taun by Exactly three votes.

Exactly three...

Exactly....

:erk
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ryy Lazurus on May 03, 2011, 10:11:44 AM
I agree with you 100%. Alas, I cannot draw. Feel free yourself if the image appeals.

Would stick-figure do? I can give it a go, when I get a moment free...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bradypodidae

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 03, 2011, 11:06:51 AM
Quote from: Ryy Lazurus on May 03, 2011, 10:11:44 AM

Would stick-figure do? I can give it a go, when I get a moment free...

I have an old box of crayons around here somewhere. I can be your colorist. The fact I never learned to stay within lines shouldn't be a concern with stick figures, should it?
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Ryy Lazurus

Really, my artistic talent hasn't matured since I started school (aged four). Thing is, I have an okay eye for art and hold myself to a certain standard.

"Damn it! This doesn't look right!" *runs cheese grater over left arm and pours lemon juice on it*

"Must. Get. It. Right...." *passes out due to shock and blood loss*

Sunblink

Quote from: Ryy Lazurus on April 30, 2011, 10:25:22 PM
And I vote for Seme!

My reason is entirely selfish. But really, I think she looks awesome, and I want tae see her and Abel meet.

Yeah, pretty much this. I have no logical reason for preferring Seme over the spastic eccentric and the armor-clad badass. I-It's just that if Quoar is definitely not going to be there, Seme, who has the prettiest design and is indirectly related to Abel's clan, is my next pick. :c

llearch n'n'daCorna

* llearch n'n'daCorna is tempted to edit the votes to get Taun to beat Dimanika *

... I'm not going to, because I'm all honorable and shit, but the temptation is strong in this one. ;-]

Ampzero

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 04, 2011, 03:33:18 AM
* llearch n'n'daCorna is tempted to edit the votes to get Taun to beat Dimanika *

... I'm not going to, because I'm all honorable and shit, but the temptation is strong in this one. ;-]

*tempts with cookie* :P

And...we need more voters!
Hey :)

Sienna Maiu - M T

That would be low, llearch.

Let the little spastic have her chance.
:<
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

Les

Would the 'surprise me'? votes count? 

It occurs to me that it seems those voting for Taun are voting so because they want interesting character interactions with and character development for Dan, those voting for Dimanika just want something silly to happen.   :mowtongue

Tapewolf

I'm hoping that Amber will take the runner-up into account regarding her plans.  Because whichever one of Taun or Dimanika wins, they are clearly the two favourites as of this time.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Les on May 04, 2011, 04:00:39 AM
Would the 'surprise me'? votes count? 
Maybe in that Amber gets to see how many people trust her judgement... also, it could be any sort of suprise. ANY

QuoteIt occurs to me that it seems *snip* those voting for Dimanika just want something silly to happen.
Not at all. At least, not in my case.
See, I have these visualisations of Dimanika in a backroom somewhere carefully and seriously planning out the future of her race, yet portraying all of her clan as the mental case.
Also, her clan's affinity seems the most positive attribute of the lot available.
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

Les

???

Her clan's affinity is Confusion.   How is that more positive than Hope or Joy? 

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Les on May 04, 2011, 05:38:17 AM
???

Ah, but they're not the ones up for vote (or else I'd be Clan Jin all of the way). Fear - "The Nightmare Clan", Despair - "The Clan of Broken Dreams", Anger/Rage - "The Avenger", or Envy - "Where the Strong Shall Rule" are. How can you not say the Confusion (and silliness) is not benevolent by comparison (plus that whole "no-kill" policy...)
my art thread

Alondro

I fear Zezzuva... anyone who'd eat their own sister's soul for power... 

*Charline walks by whistling innocently*

o_o  Uhm, yeah... so Taun looks cool.  I think Dan, as an adventurer, could relate to the battling and stuff. 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Les

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on May 04, 2011, 07:06:33 AM
Quote from: Les on May 04, 2011, 05:38:17 AM
???

Ah, but they're not the ones up for vote (or else I'd be Clan Jin all of the way). Fear - "The Nightmare Clan", Despair - "The Clan of Broken Dreams", Anger/Rage - "The Avenger", or Envy - "Where the Strong Shall Rule" are. How can you not say the Confusion (and silliness) is not benevolent by comparison (plus that whole "no-kill" policy...)

The Nightmare clan channels it's energies into the entertainment industry.  The clan of Broken Dreams acts as a home for lost foundlings from other clans.  The Avenger clan is committed to defending 'cubi who can't defend themselves, no matter their clan affiliation.    Envy, I got nothin'.    Confusion is out to troll the world for the lulz.   :U

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Les on May 04, 2011, 08:23:38 AM
Confusion is out to troll the world for the lulz.   :U

... You say that like it's a bad thing.

Les

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 04, 2011, 08:37:14 AM

Have you seen /b/?   :cry

llearch n'n'daCorna

Les

Maark30

Besides, I have a feeling that the "fangirl" that glomp attacked Dan and Abel at SAIA http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_526.php & http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_537.php was a member of Dimanika and Look at what Abel did after all that http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_538.php
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Anker Steadfast

It seems dimaninka is in the lead !
Which is a problem, because it's hard to tie people's shoelaces together while they are watching you ... but I'm sure her shadow might still be up to something, even if she has to behave herself.

:D

Quote from: Les on May 04, 2011, 09:47:03 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 04, 2011, 09:28:17 AM
Yes, yes I have. Your point?
*backs away slowly, they can sense fear.*  >.>

*senses fear*

huh ?

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Mao

Something in this thread smells delicious.  I'm not sure what, but I was drawn here...

Sienna Maiu - M T

I know,  right?

Quote from: Maark30 on May 04, 2011, 09:48:26 AM
Besides, I have a feeling that the "fangirl" that glomp attacked Dan and Abel at SAIA http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_526.php & http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_537.php was a member of Dimanika
Well, isn't that an interesting little thought...
my art thread

killpurakat

I think it's sort of funny that someone mentioned Dimanika is only getting votes for the WTF factor she may cause at this get together and that Taun is getting votes because people want adventure-talk between her and Dan. My reason for my choice was just wanting to see more of the character.

Considering the story line is probably planned out in Amber's head and this poll is literally for a cameo appearance, in all likelihood whoever does win won't be having a huge impact (and may very well be just in the background or have a single line of dialogue). Thus, those hoping for lots of unique interaction might be disappointed even if their choice wins. Sort of like Owona (whose species was picked by a fan) not having a highly detailed background story (Amber admitted on her furaffinity page that Owona was boring)

Me? I actually am looking forward to any appearances Mink and Fa'lina may make. I'm also just curious how clans without living leaders react/participate in this event, since they need representation too, but are a very diverse group.

Joe3210

Quote from: Les on May 03, 2011, 10:16:22 AM
I've been periodically checking this thread for the past couple of days, and Every time I have Dimanika has been ahead of Taun by Exactly three votes.

Exactly three...

Exactly....

:erk
Dimanika is 27 to Taun's 24 at the time of this post.  :P

edit:  Corrected the spelling of one of the clan members.
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on May 04, 2011, 10:13:38 AM
Which is a problem, because it's hard to tie people's shoelaces together while they are watching you ... but I'm sure her shadow might still be up to something, even if she has to behave herself.

Her Divine Shadow?

Ampzero

Quote from: killpurakat on May 04, 2011, 12:12:53 PM
Considering the story line is probably planned out in Amber's head and this poll is literally for a cameo appearance, in all likelihood whoever does win won't be having a huge impact (and may very well be just in the background or have a single line of dialogue). Thus, those hoping for lots of unique interaction might be disappointed even if their choice wins. Sort of like Owona (whose species was picked by a fan) not having a highly detailed background story (Amber admitted on her furaffinity page that Owona was boring)

That's why we should just wait and see.... will be cool whatever happens

i think you may be right  :eager
Hey :)

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 04, 2011, 06:13:36 PM
Her Divine Shadow?

*blink*

Lexx reference ?

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Maark30

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on May 04, 2011, 09:40:17 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 04, 2011, 06:13:36 PM
Her Divine Shadow?

*blink*

Lexx reference ?

Que the giant Dragonflies. 
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club