[Art, General] the Sienna Maiu art thread, The return of (2011-04-28)

Started by Sienna Maiu - M T, April 28, 2011, 04:46:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sienna Maiu - M T

*** Sienna Maiu - Moonshine Tallgrass's Art Thread ***

My access to a scanner is limited, however I will do my best to post something new (of any variety) at least once a month over the summer. During school semester I have access to a scanner, but next to no time for sketching. Thems the rub.

To answer what sort of stuff might be found here, the title of "general" says it all. While traditional pencil-work and sketching will be predominant, there will also be singing, photography, sculpting, beadworking and other jewellery-work, and the occasional craft (of who even knows what variety). Who knows, maybe some day I'll even start colouring my works again.
For now though, I have some stuff on FurAffinity to share as well as some stuff which I scanned in during the last months of school.

A rose which I made out of clay during the winter break.
A beaded necklace made during the winter break.
A sketch based on a character sketch made during a car ride on 2007-08-22.
What's a Sienna Maiu art thread without a Sienna Maiu?
Anthrokitty and Anthrohorsie nuzzling. (super sketchariffic)
"Cloud Factory" - a different sort of thing which was fun to do ^-^
pseudo-NSFW (hence put as a link); an athletic pole-dancer.

Some photobucket dump (newest to oldest):

A nifty hair-thingy I made during winter break:

A necklace made for my grandmother, Christmas of 2007:

Any writing would be found on my deviantArt account.
I also have FurAffinity, which I use more frequently these days.
And I of course will upload to my photobucket the most frequently of all.

For some of my older (yet not entirely horrifying) stuff, here are some links to my old art thread; last updated 2007 (and by the now-dead account *eyeroll*)
Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T (Old Art Thread) http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,3316.0.html
Random first page stuff.
Necklace.
dA art dump. 10/01/ 2007
Rarr!!! 10/10/ 2007
Kitty Kat 10/24/ 2007
Best Ninja Evah! 10/31/ 2007
poem, despite no one wanting me to write... 11/13/ 2007 (gee... I wonder why.)
Don't go there. 11/14/ 2007
The Pink Files 11/15/ 2007
I'm lame 11/15/ 2007
How fitting it be a new page -doodlenow 11/20/ 2007
Something new 12/23/ 2007
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

Gabi

Nice necklace! And I also like the clothing style of the character on the last drawing, and the facial expression on the first (newest). The couch on the 3rd drawing has some perspective issues. Other than that I can't think of any useful comments.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Sienna Maiu - M T

Hah! I knew I was forgetting something!

Baked Goods:
2011-04-18: A new recipe; apple muffins (some with blueberries added)

2011-04-25: Banana Boat Cookies; a fun adaptation on a family chocolate chip cookie recipe. (I just knew it would be a good idea and everyone seems to love them~ <3)

Quote from: Gabi on April 28, 2011, 11:29:14 AM
Nice necklace! And I also like the clothing style of the character on the last drawing, and the facial expression on the first (newest). The couch on the 3rd drawing has some perspective issues. Other than that I can't think of any useful comments.
Thank-you Gabi! ^-^
Ah, the pitfalls of using furniture one is actually sitting in as a reference... :P
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

bradypodidae

Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Sienna Maiu - M T

And now... a recipe! :D

For the oh-so-delicious Banana Boat Cookies, because I am just that generous :P
(Written from memory, then double-checked against the "original"... I remembered everything correctly, yay~! And also managed to in the process of going by memory, put everything into step-form quite nicely.)

Preheat oven to 325F
Cream 1/2cup of vegetable shortening in a mixer
add one peeled whole mashed banana (ideally peel will have just started going brown)
decrease speed of mixer; add 1/2 cup of white sugar and 1/4 cup of well-packed brown sugar. add 1 tsp vanilla extract (add more if using artificial)
sift 1cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp baking soda; gradually add sifted flour-mixture to fluid mixture.
If necessary, remove mixing bowl from mixer to blend chocolate chips (1cup) and marshmallows (1/2 - 3/4cup) into batter.
Drop by spoonful onto cooking sheets (~2-3cm across), allowing space between for spreading; do not press down. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

Please enjoy and share your experiences if you used it~
(This totally counts since I made this particular recipe up myself... >.> )

~ Sienna Maiu - Moonshine Tallgrass, out.
my art thread