04/10/09 [Abel 2 #51] - Clan of Woe

Started by inuhanyo, April 10, 2009, 02:13:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lego3400

For some reason, the whole idea of Hip wings makes me think of Eternal Sailor Moon.

(For those who are not aware, ESM is her third form that was never shown in the dub butcher job they passed of as dub. In place of a bow at the back of her waist she has two pairs of Angelic-esque decorative wings that are attached at her hips. From the front it looks like they're connected to her back too but when you see her from behind it's clear they are not.)

Tipod

"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Anri

Quote from: Azlan on April 10, 2009, 10:10:16 PM
You all should stop asking questions about things that have not been fully realized in comic form.  Knowledge only breeds woe and sadness, great sadness if you've grown to have an attachment to certain things.

So... we'd just be feeding Able you're saying? :o

Azlan

Quote from: Tikki on April 10, 2009, 10:57:44 PM

So... we'd just be feeding Able you're saying? :o

Well, that would have been Siar's affinity and the clan tends to share that... so I suppose so.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Anri

*runs around flailing* THEY WANNA EAT ME!

LoneHowler

I'm thinking the librarian is a triwing or just a old cubi from a clan with a living founder I'm leaning towards triwing myself all those tentacles and the heads seem allot more sentient than Dan's http://www.missmab.com/DLoads/DMFA_Wallpaper28_1600.jpg
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Feather Dancer

Quote from: LoneHowler on April 11, 2009, 02:23:59 AM
I'm thinking the librarian is a triwing or just a old cubi from a clan with a living founder I'm leaning towards triwing myself all those tentacles and the heads seem allot more sentient than Dan's http://www.missmab.com/DLoads/DMFA_Wallpaper28_1600.jpg

I'm pretty sure she was confirmed to be a type of Mythos that plonks it's self down and is pretty unmovable.
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Azlan on April 10, 2009, 10:10:16 PM
You all should stop asking questions about things that have not been fully realized in comic form.  Knowledge only breeds woe and sadness, great sadness if you've grown to have an attachment to certain things.

"And when you approach the godhead, the last commandment is always 'Thou shalt not question'."
  -- Jacob Bronowski, The Ascent of Man

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Buhamet

This may sound a really odd question, but is it possible to members of cubi clans already estabilished, like Siar or Cyra, to then go on to establish their own clans?

I'm doubtful of it, but you never know what it could mean if it were possible to

Tapewolf

Quote from: Buhamet on April 11, 2009, 10:00:14 AM
This may sound a really odd question, but is it possible to members of cubi clans already estabilished, like Siar or Cyra, to then go on to establish their own clans?

Amber has said that it's possible to have a clan without a Tri-Wing, so I imagine branching off is indeed possible - I'm not sure about creating a whole clan from scratch, though.
According to Amber, in the entire 100'000 year history of the 'Cubi race, there have been less than 200 tri-wings, ever.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Buhamet

fair enough

thanks for letting me know. I just for some reason thought it could be possible for Dan to end up creating his own clan (or creating a branch) to try and......I dunno, improve the cubi image or have an adventuring cubi clan......

Psy-Kosh

Hrm... no one else commented on this, so I'm wondering if it's just me, but... does Siar's face look rather more male than female?

I can't quite say why, but if I didn't look down, I wouldn't at all have thought "female" with regards to Siar. And even after, the face still looks male. At least to me. Am I just completely crazy this morning, or...?

Indy

Quote from: Psy-Kosh on April 11, 2009, 11:22:03 AM
Hrm... no one else commented on this, so I'm wondering if it's just me, but... does Siar's face look rather more male than female?

I can't quite say why, but if I didn't look down, I wouldn't at all have thought "female" with regards to Siar. And even after, the face still looks male. At least to me. Am I just completely crazy this morning, or...?

Well, she's got eyelashes, and you'd think if s/he were going to go female she's remember the face... Though maybe this is the root of all Abel's androgyny. Hmm...

AmigaDragon

What holds that dress up on her... perks? Velcro? Tape? Glue? Magic? Or is it like Mystique's "clothing" in X-men?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Kipiru

I was totally blown away by that smug vixen! Though a killer smile and almost non-existant clothing are still not enough to place her above the crushing presence of Fa'lina.

Attic Rat

Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 11, 2009, 11:50:56 AM
What holds that dress up on her... perks? Velcro? Tape? Glue? Magic? Or is it like Mystique's "clothing" in X-men?

I'm not a clothing designer, but the "engineer" in me got interested. I'd guess it could be any of those answers. Or given a winged female form, one could use the wings as support points and get creative with some wire sewn into the garment edges. I read that dress designers have been doing stuff like that since the days when whalebone was used to hold up bodices.

While I'm making stuff up here... That "Male Face" thing..? I'm not seeing it, but I did notice that Siar isn't wearing any lip color.
That might have been the difference Psy-Kosh had noticed.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Michael Chandra

Maybe it's shapeshifting. Make it look like your outfit is impossible because it is.

Indy

Quote from: Attic Rat on April 11, 2009, 01:07:14 PM
While I'm making stuff up here... That "Male Face" thing..? I'm not seeing it, but I did notice that Siar isn't wearing any lip color.

Her face is wider and she has stockier neck than most of the feminine characters. Amber usually gives her girls long, graceful necks and thin foreheads. Siar doesn't have 'em.

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

MT Hazard

Quote from: Attic Rat on April 11, 2009, 01:07:14 PM

I'm not a clothing designer, but the "engineer" in me got interested. I'd guess it could be any of those answers. Or given a winged female form, one could use the wings as support points and get creative with some wire sewn into the garment edges. I read that dress designers have been doing stuff like that since the days when whalebone was used to hold up bodices.

She has fur, lots of ways you could attach stuff to that.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tiger_T

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 11, 2009, 10:06:36 AMAmber has said that it's possible to have a clan without a Tri-Wing, so I imagine branching off is indeed possible - I'm not sure about creating a whole clan from scratch, though.
According to Amber, in the entire 100'000 year history of the 'Cubi race, there have been less than 200 tri-wings, ever.
So you're saying they're some kind of weird mutation? :P :rolleyes >:3

Just pulling your leg there...
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Indy

Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 11, 2009, 02:56:17 PM
Neither does Lorenda. :mowwink

Lorenda seems to be the only character that eats other beings whole, though. Perhaps that's it! She has a larger face and throat to better eat you with!

thegayhare

You know If I was a try wing I'd make a piont of using my butt wings...

*imagines a giggling bunny wings flapping furiously as he's lifted butt first into the sky*

I wonder what sort of naughtiness I could get up to...

Hmm I wonder  since Founding a clan causes sterility would a gay cubi ever found a clan?  It would seem that sterility wouldn't be much of a downside for them...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: thegayhare on April 11, 2009, 05:40:59 PM
Hmm I wonder  since Founding a clan causes sterility would a gay cubi ever found a clan?  It would seem that sterility wouldn't be much of a downside for them...

... Hehehehehe. Have you read Tapewolf's stories? Daryil is definitively homosexual. And constantly showing Jakob with roses, as I recall.

Jakob isn't terribly interested. Daryil is, as I understand it, happy to wait until that changes.

I've always been amused by that aspect of Daryil's fractured psyche. I suspect I'd be less amused in Jakob's position. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

SpottedKitty

Or is it like Mystique's "clothing" in X-men?

Always a possibility when it comes to 'Cubi. Remember when Aaryanna was showing off her "amazing abilities" to Dan, she shifted her dress into a schoolgirl "sailor suit". Although presumably when Abel was wearing that Merlitz disguise, it saved him some effort to use the shirt Dan gave him. And of course, Dan doesn't know how yet, so his "size six with a C cup" to go with his Alexsi disguise had to be real.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

!KCA

Quote from: Buhamet on April 11, 2009, 10:00:14 AM

I'm doubtful of it, but you never know what it could mean if it were possible to

To my knowledge, there is nothing about having a living founder that would prevent clan members from becoming tri-wings themselves.

Nutjob

So... Is this the clan that Keanu Reeves belongs to?

tiggertoo

Quote from: Nutjob on April 14, 2009, 01:48:03 PM
So... Is this the clan that Keanu Reeves belongs to?
No, that would be the Wo'dn Aktor clan.  :rolleyes  :P

Buhamet

Do we know what clans try to make use of the positive emotions as of yet, or only the darker emotion clans?

inuhanyo

Quote from: Buhamet on April 16, 2009, 03:43:41 PM
Do we know what clans try to make use of the positive emotions as of yet, or only the darker emotion clans?

Jin's clan was negotiating to open a children's hospital, and then there is the Joybringer clan.  That's it, and even those are speculative.  We know that clans exist that have affinities for some positive emotions, but no examples have been explicitly given.

Even for darker emotions, the only certain identifications are Cyra - Pain, Siar - Misery