[Art] Kipiru Starrider's Art- Space Adventurer Tania(Updated 11/08/09)

Started by Kipiru, August 24, 2008, 06:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ren Gaulen

I think I already said it in the CCC thread, but I'll say it again. Great picture, Kip. Absolutely great. :] And you actually got the Awakened form right - Ren gets the third eye when he is threansformed into a Hell Knight, which is a Daemon form (and he rarely uses that form deliberately). In the Awakened form he is not supposed to have a third eye.

Kipiru

Quote from: Gabi on March 29, 2009, 08:41:35 AM
Sorry, I've only just noticed this. The picture was funny, and very well drawn. As for the ladies... when I saw them my first thought was "wow, that fox looks like she's my relative". Then I read this thread and realized it was meant to be me... then at the end it turns out that maybe she wasn't... I guess we could settle it by saying she's my cousin.

There was a bit of a mishap with the whole cameo thing, but I'm glad you like the pic :) And yeah, sure- cousin works fine  :mowwink

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on March 29, 2009, 09:09:41 AM
I think I already said it in the CCC thread, but I'll say it again. Great picture, Kip. Absolutely great. :] And you actually got the Awakened form right - Ren gets the third eye when he is threansformed into a Hell Knight, which is a Daemon form (and he rarely uses that form deliberately). In the Awakened form he is not supposed to have a third eye.

Cool, that means I didn't screw it up- thanks for clarifying that Ren. That was one particularly tough pic to draw- in all aspects. But since the char was cool to begin with, it turned out nice.

Kipiru

Tapewolf

Sweet.  I like the pose.

There are a couple of little things I notice, though - the tail is rather too thin for starters.  Also the head could do with a little work to make him a bit more tiger-like (unless he's a hybrid or something).  Specifically, the ruff makes him look kind of lynx-like, and the ears are a bit too pointed IMHO.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

GabrielsThoughts

I don't know, the sword in his left and seems kind of small. Based on the other sword I would think that it would go past his right knee.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Kipiru

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on April 07, 2009, 01:16:29 AM
I don't know, the sword in his left and seems kind of small. Based on the other sword I would think that it would go past his right knee.

That would be because the two swords are not the same- he is holding a katana and a kodachi.

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 06, 2009, 06:27:21 PM
Sweet.  I like the pose.

There are a couple of little things I notice, though - the tail is rather too thin for starters.  Also the head could do with a little work to make him a bit more tiger-like (unless he's a hybrid or something).  Specifically, the ruff makes him look kind of lynx-like, and the ears are a bit too pointed IMHO.

Yep, I still have a lot to go before I learn how to make animal faces actually resemble the animal they are supposed to be.

Beever

But Of Course you do have to , but this one especially looks in great shape too, well-trained,  agile and dangerous!
Like the claws, very well done :)

Kipiru

This is the portrait I did of Corgatha's gloomy character(he's serious, so watch it :)) It turned out really nice, but I like all my art, so now it's your turn to give an opinion:

Corgatha Taldothar

Beever

Well, actually he does not look so stern, but the way he handles those rocks or whatever pieces there,think this might be interpret as some kind of a sign. Cool posture, splendid sword and great body. I like it!  :mowsmile :)

Ren Gaulen

Once again, great picture, Kip. However, I have a question. How does he get that sword out of the scabbard? >:3

Corgatha Taldorthar

For the most part, he doesn't. Corg far more often fights with his magic than with his weapons. The blade is mostly for show.

Also, he's telekinetic.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on May 09, 2009, 07:49:18 PM
Also, he's telekinetic.
THEN IT ALL MAKES SENSE. :eek *uses telekinesis to swing a giant sword around*

Kipiru

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 09, 2009, 07:46:05 PM
Once again, great picture, Kip. However, I have a question. How does he get that sword out of the scabbard? >:3

At some point, of drawing guys with large two-handed swords on their backs, I started asking myself that very same question Ren. I've come up with several scabbard designs that would make it possible and was even going to use one of them in this pic, but it slipped my mind and then it was too late. Thankfully Corgatha provided a good explanation to cover for my mistake  :)

Lysander

Great work, Kipiru. His outfit is very nice, shading black can prove difficult at times. People can seldom make strait lines appear strait which you did well with his sword.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Kipiru

And here is my present to Zedd, a rather voluptuous character of his creation:

Ecclesia- the elf demoness-NSFW

She has quite the backstory, but that is something for Zedd to reveal :)

Corgatha Taldorthar

I would like Zedd to reveal how she manages to stand up straight.......
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Mao

Zedd

Corgatha Taldorthar

Zedd

Kipiru

And here is what I did as characters for the 1000 project pic:

Matilda
Lorenda
Fa'lina
Alexi - this didn't make it to the 1000 pic, but still, here it is
Devin
Regina
Aaryanna
Regina, Devin and Aary interaction

I may try and do the rest of the characters of the comic in the same flat color fashion, just to complete the set :)

Suwako

Looks good, though I remember as Matilda not having thumbs, it's in her profile I think.  :3

QuoteWhile she doesn't have thumbs on any of her 6 limbs, Matilda's tail can be used as an extra limb. She also has no nose and thus uses her tongue to smell.

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Kipiru

Quote from: Tytaj on May 14, 2009, 12:01:01 PM
Looks good, though I remember as Matilda not having thumbs, it's in her profile I think.  :3

QuoteWhile she doesn't have thumbs on any of her 6 limbs, Matilda's tail can be used as an extra limb. She also has no nose and thus uses her tongue to smell.

Dang, you're right! Oh well, I'll keep it in mind for next time.

Quote from: Gabi on May 14, 2009, 12:08:00 PM
Nice shot of Alexsi. And wow... you've done a lot of work!

The whole flat color idea made it really easy, cause it's usually the shading that stacks time in the completion of a picture. Otherwise the pencil and ink on any of those was no more than 15 min each.

Gabi

...It still took me 2 days to color mine. And about 3 weeks to draw it (it was hard to get it right). I guess some people are just faster than others.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Lysander

Flat color or not, being able to make any of those in 15 min is pretty amazing.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lysander on May 14, 2009, 02:14:16 PM
Flat color or not, being able to make any of those in 15 min is pretty amazing.   :januscat

Yeah.  I'm amazed at how quickly he is able to turn out the "Simeon's Story" strips.

Kipiru

Well, I'm flattered, but this is not a race after all- every artist has his own pace at doing things. I work fast when the muse hits me, but without inspiration i could drag a project out for weeks or even months. That's why I'm always hesitant to give ETAs on my art. Though with Tape's projects it's a must.
For instance- the scorpicore demoness took me over 3 years to complete, because I always went changing stuff.

Kipiru

Here is one I did for a friend of mine( she didn't quite like it -something about not being able to relate to the confidence of the character  :rolleyes) - the idea was to mix the Valkyrie and her horse into one, but just to be on the cute side( and because my friend is a bit short) I made it a pony, rather than a horse. I like how it turned out:

Pony Valkyrie - possibly NSFW

And presenting:

Wuffnpuff's character Chance - NSFW

I know Chance is supposed to be a Cubi, but I thought she would look better without the headwings.

Tapewolf

Nice job on both characters.

With the succubus her wings are perhaps a little oversized - they'd be awesome for gliding, but she'd have to hide them if she wants to stand up.

You might want to look at Dan in 1001 for example - the tops of his wings are level with his head.