09/01/06 Shock n' Awe

Started by bill, August 31, 2006, 09:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

Good point you have there Rowne

e_voyager

i agree. Well said.  as for why Dan would do it and how? well Dan is not use to his cubi powers and abilities like when his wings miss behave. Or  like when he lets others read his thoughts. he could be screaming with fear and pain with his mind and the emotions coupled with what Able saw and the fear/ cartons that others who've seen Alexi mad before could have over whelmed Able's shield and left holes in it that he wouldn't notice due to his own fear over the sibling brutality he's witnessed.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Aridas

Another thing people should remember is that the way it's been presented to us, one would have to actually focus on the task with some effort to do it..

e_voyager

was Able really concentrating or was he distracting Dan so he wouldn't fight back? it's narrow line that fan interpretations make uncertain
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Aridas

Well, a distraction wouldn't have that much effect. You'd have to know what you're doing to impose something like that on someone... It can't just be possible without it.

e_voyager

may i remind you of the "my wings tried to make me coffee" incident in which Dan automatically searched out and found what he was looking with out intend to do so. he also heals himself using either magic or cubi energy derived form absorbing emotions. other you don't need to know what you're doing to do something once. I have been a prefect example of that more then once in my life so I know it to be true. and on top of that that are those with talents that they don't understand like the child born with perfect recall or a photographic memory.

Aridas

What do the wings have to do with it? the wings already have a separate "consciousness" or whatever you call it. absorbing emotions is also a base level cubi thing that they don't really have. I read demonology, I think I know what cubi would have as skills or basic "instinctual" functions

e_voyager

you don't need to be taught to know how to scream in pain. screaming with your body or screaming with your mind it's an automatic response to being hurt. all emotion jamming does is focus on one emotion and try to slip it past the shield of another. Fear and pain also focuses emotions and are often magnified as well.  If some one was hurting you and you know that they could hurt you more. that they was just warming up for real pain. then your fear would Blair out of your mind to any thought or emotion sensitive entity. If you have magical ability that you don't know how to use then there's a chance that you'll use them in times of stress. I E Dan could be blast out fear and pain in al directions including Able's and could have bash his shield with out know what he's doing. Talk more when I arrive at my destination in 2-3hours.

Aridas

Unless you're Amber, which you aren't, I'm not going to listen to any of your made-up theory crap, and stick to what's written, and logic for assumptions.

Azlan

Knock off the hating...

Anyways, who said Dan's blood was pink... then there's that gay fuel reference someone made.  It is very well illustrated that dan's blood is rather red...

Gay Fuel... I wish my car could run on that.  I always wanted a vehicle that was well groomed and even tempered...
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

e_voyager

Quote from: Azlan on September 01, 2006, 11:51:27 PM
Gay Fuel... I wish my car could run on that. I always wanted a vehicle that was well groomed and even tempered...

LOL sounds cool I wish I had a car that would run on that. I wonder what kind of MPH it would get.

thegayhare

Quote from: Azlan on September 01, 2006, 11:51:27 PM
Gay Fuel... I wish my car could run on that.  I always wanted a vehicle that was well groomed and even tempered...

You know I wish my care ran on gay fuel too... wait but don't I run on gay fuel? 

oh gods the conflict, 

e_voyager

that's part of what makes you special hare. you can debate imagery things with out stressing out and taking it to the limit. gee i wonder what kind of fuel i run on. it can't be Bassium as that's too weak

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 01, 2006, 08:27:38 AM
Abel is a capable seamstress
"He's a capable seamstress"? That would be like saying "he's a waitress" or "she's a waiter". Get your gender-specific terms straight... "he's a capable tailor".
Or is his chest-fur color pattern throwing you off on that?  :mowwink
EDIT: Was Abel teased in school because of that feature?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

e_voyager

now now lets not start more strife okay?

Zedd

Nothings break my strife....Nothing is gonna slow me down..Oh no..I gotta keep moving.... :laugh :P

e_voyager

Quote from: Zedd on September 02, 2006, 01:04:37 AM
Nothings break my strife....Nothing is gonna slow me down..Oh no..I gotta keep moving.... :laugh :P
before my feet can tought the ground. i knowthats not how it goes but it was so temptiong.

ShiningShadow

I know it's fun to start hating here but let's not get too fare on this. I know I'm a newbie here but I think the discussion at hand should be intelligent and responded adultly. I'm very easy going guy and I never say anything in retaliation and hurt's one's feelings and chance to voice a different opinion here. I always believe if there's a opinion is different then that's them just go on and be big about it. I hope my words help if not here some *BOOGA, BOOGA* :laugh :laugh :laugh.......

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on September 02, 2006, 12:39:04 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on September 01, 2006, 08:27:38 AM
Abel is a capable seamstress
"He's a capable seamstress"? That would be like saying "he's a waitress" or "she's a waiter". Get your gender-specific terms straight... "he's a capable tailor".

You registered an account just for that?  >:3

Or is his chest-fur color pattern throwing you off on that?  :mowwink
EDIT: Was Abel teased in school because of that feature?

Granted Abel isn't the most masculine character in DMFA, but the actual problem is I've seen the word used in that way before.  Checking with the OED it seems to be wrong, so I've changed it.

I'm guessing Abel learned to work with cloth at SAIA, which is more of a university than a school.  However, since he came from a medieval background he would have a basic ability to repair clothing anyway.

**EDIT**
Oh, and I like the EV/Rowne theory of emotion jamming.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Regal

Quote from: Roureem Egas on August 31, 2006, 09:19:09 PM
I see no poptart with Abel. On one of the other rats, yeah. But not Abel.

How many morbid, creepy Mythos out there feel the need to have a skin removal spell?  D:

Hey, skin switching is a fun cubi prank! But first you have to get the skin off.

Zedd

Sounds delightful...Hey can I borrow your flesh Jak?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Zedd on September 02, 2006, 01:45:13 PM
Sounds delightful...Hey can I borrow your flesh Jak?

Why, do you want to swap?  You go first...*

*  But don't let the thread degenerate into an RP.. please..

Zedd

Dont worry I wont but most ablitys of a cubi sound great ya know?

e_voyager

strange. why not just build spare bodies to swap into?

KarlOmega1

If Dan's blood was pink...I'd think he'd be Klingon...

Yes, I have seen "Star Trek VI: the Undiscovered Country"....

Edit> *Imagines Dan as a furry Klingon*

Dan *in Klingon language*: What the heck?
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Zedd

That wpould cost moneys and plus note making artifial life forms is kinda illegal you must rember that....If I am rember as well right...Jak?

e_voyager

making life is illegal making spare bodies is grey. besaide thats how i picked up my body

Tapewolf

Quote from: e_voyager on September 02, 2006, 02:50:47 PM
making life is illegal making spare bodies is grey. besaide thats how i picked up my body

I think creating sentience is the problem.  If you created a mindless/soulless body to transfer your consciousness into, that would probably not be as frowned upon as creating a whole new person.

**EDIT**

Quote from: Zedd on September 02, 2006, 02:05:54 PM
most ablitys of a cubi sound great ya know?

Indeed.  That's probably one of the fascinating things about DMFA - everything in it 'works'.  The artwork, the storyline, the races.. I find it engaging on so many levels.

e_voyager

nods that how i look at ait. color just close enogh to the line that people can't tell if you've gone over it.

llearch n'n'daCorna

The fascinating thing about DMFA is that, despite the cubi skills being massive, in comparison to your average Beings'... They still haven't utterly taken over.

... and we have yet to see why. It's just... one of those things. Same goes for all the other Creature races - any one of them would utterly take over any number of Beings... but haven't.

Is it because all the Creatures fight each other - Cubi's hate the Demons, Demons hate the Angels, Angels hate the Mythos, and around and around, all holding each other in check, in a dynamic balance? It sure doesn't look like it, from Dan's willingness to cuddle up to Matilda, or even consider it... Or Lorenda and Jyrras... or Edward and Destania, for that matter.

Whatever it is, it's got to be subtle, otherwise it would have broken by now.

I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears