09/01/06 Shock n' Awe

Started by bill, August 31, 2006, 09:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_voyager

be careful what you wish for because shoe's tend to drop pretty hard. espilly around here... or was that new york?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Azlan

Maybe nobody really wants overt control of the world... I imagine it would be quite the bother.  Just think of all those annoying different races poking at you all the time. 

Now shadow control of the world is better, you don't have to worry about being an obvious target and with good manipulation you can make people do what you want because they think they want to do with it.  If it works here on Earth, it should be reasonably viable on Furrae, there's just a lot more strange powers, abilities and racial issues to consider.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

e_voyager

well that would explain the council that Kira reported to. and Azlan has a point only a few true leaders could govern the world and most of them aren't real.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

llearch n'n'daCorna

Intelligent folk deciding the world is more trouble to rule than otherwise doesn't stop megalomaniacs wanting to rule it all.

Just look at Bush.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

e_voyager

bush with intells? i know he has the luther egon and insant but when did he upgrade his braind ? i thougth it was still blockbuster / grundy level

bill

Riviting political discussion, only on The Internet!

e_voyager

lol. bill for planetary Governor

llearch n'n'daCorna

Palpatine for President!

... why not, he can hardly be worse than what you guys have already...

e_voyager

oh he's worse al right. he's compataint

Amber Williams

Guys. Knock the Bush bashing.

I don't care what a person's political opinion is, and people are more than free to discuss their political platforms on general.  Honestly an intelligent discussion on a person's ethics when voting for a polititian come election-time would be refreshing and encouraged.  But if all you are gonna do is go "LAWL. Bush sux.  He so stooopid.", its a waste of time and post count.

bill

It's OK, we're so forked in the 2006 elections, anyway. I'm a sad, evil little Republican.

GabrielsThoughts

What I fiond facinating is the whole list of possibilities that this entales. If Alexi can beat the snot out of dan that Implies that she too might have some demonic heretige.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

bill

I'd personally file that under S.O.D.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Sorry, Amber. My bad. :-/ I'll remain shtum about him in the future.

Nice thought, there, GT. OTOH, she might just be using "big sister" rules.

You know the thing I mean - there's a short excerpt about it in a book, where the protagonist is explaining how he had a horse he's had from birth - the horses, not his - and his Grandad had him pick up the horse when the horse was young. Ever since then, the horse has always thought his owner was bigger than him - even after the horse grew up. Bigger siblings do that with younger sibs - beat up on them when they're young, and for many years after that, they get an automtic bonus in all fights, since the younger sib doesn't expect to win.

And as Granny Weatherwax could tell you, going into a fight knowing you're going to lose is just asking fo it to become true. :-)

Besides, perhaps Alexsi just has a sadistic streak? Nothing wrong with that, in moderation...

Bill: S. O. D.?

Amber Williams

Blunt and might sound callous-time:

Alexsi is hands down one of the hardest characters to write for.  I do have stuff planned for her, but a lot of it has been pushed back and/or toned down. This is partially due to the fact that she was one of the characters originally belonging to someone else.  The other partially being that the owner passed away.  I wont lie in saying there is a particular stress involved when you are using the character of a dead friend.  Not only because I can't really get permission to do this or that or ask for feedback in the use of the character, but also because I feel if I use the character wrongly I would be doing a disservice to her.

That said, it is also for those reasons I decided not to just write Alexsi out of the comic.  Not really in a morbid homage type thing...but I do think that the real Alexsi would have liked to continue on in the comic.  However, most the characters in DMFA have or are taking directions away from the real life players...and Alexsi is no exception.  I did delay a bit of Alexsi's focus after the death because I didn't want to have it feel like now that Alexsi's character was in my control I was going to go crazy on it.

I guess what I'm saying is that Alexsi's lack of character depth in the comic was my fault because I held back from doing much with Alexsi until I felt it would be a proper time to start things up.

e_voyager

yes amber you're right. like it or not he is in office. (yes i did vote) the problem is that people focus either on what some one has done wrong or what they have done right.. i hear more about whats been done wrong that what has gone right.  after seeing so much negative and have some of it affect me(like school funding) it's imposable for me to stay impartial.

Amber Williams

Like I said, I don't mind if people have an opinion about politics.  If someone feels their current leader is doing a sucktastic job, then that is their right to feel so.  It's just there is a difference between people going. "I feel that this political figure is doing a poor job because the economy is down and there are multiple platforms I disagree with him on and its affecting the standard of living of many." and "Bush is a stupid-head.  He'd be as evil as a fictional Star Wars character except that he is STOOPID."

GabrielsThoughts

well to change the focus back to the comic, I just noticed the Black rat sleeping in Abel's lap. It would seem that abel has made a new family.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Rowne

Whilst it must be hard, I see what you're doing as a well-meant homage, Amber.  I truly respect what you're doing, there.

As for Abel, I hope he has formed ties with the Ratties.  I likes the Ratties, they're awesome.  This might mean that they may get a chance to feature more prominently in the comic and we'd get to learn more about them.

thegayhare

Wow Ms Amber thats got to be hard.
But I think your doing a good job with her.

I loves the ratties myself.  I love the sleeping one.  I've got plans for him myself but thats beside the point
*giggles*

bill

Don't make me come over there.

e_voyager

homage? to what Rowne. i have an ideal but i dobut it

Rowne

Gah e, tact, tact!  I suppose I'll have to explain myself, now.

I know how difficult it can be to pay proper respects to the dearly departed but to give them homage in one's works is a nice way to do it.  I know I'd like it.  Being remembered in works writ is a form of immortality, after all.

thegayhare

Quote from: BillBuckner on September 02, 2006, 09:52:20 PM
Don't make me come over there.

you don't have to my plans are not naughty in any way

Rowne

On a lighter note ...

I wonder if Abel might end up a bit traumatized by the experience in the comic and convinced that he's one of the Rats, destined never to leave the basement again.  That'd certainly give him an excuse to be a little crazy and funny and to feature the Ratties.

In times of hardship, one often bonds with those that help them.

Kenji

Quote from: Rowne on September 02, 2006, 10:05:08 PM
On a lighter note ...

I wonder if Abel might end up a bit traumatized by the experience in the comic and convinced that he's one of the Rats, destined never to leave the basement again.  That'd certainly give him an excuse to be a little crazy and funny and to feature the Ratties.

In times of hardship, one often bonds with those that help them.

Hmm. A little spotted basement rat.

Rowne

It'd be so adorable.  It'd also mean that Dan would lose his entire supply of poptarts, most likely.

Abel.  ...are you feeling alright?

I like poptarts!

...riiiiiight.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on September 02, 2006, 02:26:34 PM
If Dan's blood was pink...I'd think he'd be Klingon...

Yes, I have seen "Star Trek VI: the Undiscovered Country"....

Edit> *Imagines Dan as a furry Klingon*

Dan *in Klingon language*: What the heck?

I could imagine Dan speaking Klingonese and doing that mating ritual with you being rough with the female Klingon before making love. I say WHAT THE HECK But I will laugh my butt off :laugh :laugh :laugh....

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Supercheese on September 03, 2006, 02:01:48 AM

http://soultrek.net/faq/klindictionary.htm

That's cool I haven't seen that book in a very long time. I think there's new book out there with the updated language for the Kligon's. Or maybe I'm touched by crazy :help...........