09/01/06 Shock n' Awe

Started by bill, August 31, 2006, 09:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Alondro on September 01, 2006, 11:17:17 AM
*Charles hmms*  Well, we know Charline can't be at SAIA if Abel thinks Alexsi is scarier than anything he's seen there.

She was probably expelled :twisted

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Azlan

I don't think there is a kraken in the lake.

Dan used to have magic when he was a child (evidenced in previous strip), perhaps he tried something magical and turned the lake that odd color?

Charline was never at the SAIA, she just imagined it all...
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Gabi

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 01, 2006, 11:36:37 AM
Quote from: Alondro on September 01, 2006, 11:17:17 AM
*Charles hmms* Well, we know Charline can't be at SAIA if Abel thinks Alexsi is scarier than anything he's seen there.

She was probably expelled :twisted
What could get her expelled from SAIA? Did she try to eat the teachers or something?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on September 01, 2006, 12:28:17 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on September 01, 2006, 11:36:37 AM
[Charline] was probably expelled :twisted
What could get her expelled from SAIA? Did she try to eat the teachers or something?

Eating other students.. eating teachers.. eating Fa'Lina*..

*If Fa'lina truly is a tri-wing, it is almost certain that she has prevented herself from being able to die, a'la Wavyhill in 'What good is a glass dagger?'

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

e_voyager

dan's life is still one of danger and adventuer even after all this time. oh well at least he'll never stay borad at this rate.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

llearch n'n'daCorna

"Sticky and now it can bite back!"

... Well, ok. Chewing on someone who won't die has to have that sort of effect....
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

thegayhare

great... now for some reason I have the lyrics "Waltzing Matilda* going threw my head

Amber Williams

Up next: Abel chasing spiders and eating lasagna! :3

Saist

Quote from: Amber Panyko on September 01, 2006, 03:07:06 PM

*stares at Amber*

Abelfied?

bill

Quote from: Amber Panyko on September 01, 2006, 03:07:06 PM
Then, the sellout and movie deal?

terrycloth

Quote from: Rowne on August 31, 2006, 09:14:40 PM
I think the Rats are just comforting Abel because they're nice like that.  Magic is his natural environment after all, so that stuff doesn't scare him and he defends against it easily but out in this World, it's all new and seeing that kind of being abuse might give him childhood flashbacks.  Of what?  I dare not say.

Nah, I think Abel just got majorly emotion-jammered. After all, beings have never seemed unnaturally afraid of her (wildy's brother even stole her hammer), but creatures all leave her alone...

Rowne

Can't only Cubi emotion-jammer (I didn't think beings had that ability)?

Anyway!

The DMFA movie?  Not so sure about.  The DMFA OVA?  Ohhyes!  We need to get Amber signed up with a major animation production company.  24 episodes of animated DMFA goodness?  That's worth my £32(/$60).

Manawolf

I think he meant Abel got a tidal wave of Alexsi's violent thoughts.

Supercheese

Quote from: Rowne on September 01, 2006, 03:54:49 PM
The DMFA movie?  Not so sure about.  The DMFA OVA?  Ohhyes!  We need to get Amber signed up with a major animation production company.  24 episodes of animated DMFA goodness?  That's worth my £32(/$60).

Worth more than that...

P.S. You have "Dancing All Alone" by smile.dk in your sig. You win a cookie.  :mowcookie

Rowne

Mana: I surmised that but I also believe that Abel's probably got some kind of barrier up against being fed with too much emotion (from a non-magical source).

I think that's been discussed in the comic by Fa'lina and others and that's what I was drawing on when I said that I didn't think beings had the ability to force-feed emotions like that, since it would wash up against that barrier and just dissipate.

I could be totally off the mark here but I did understand that which he was trying to convey.

Supercheese: You're likely right, it's just that usually I don't buy box-sets of the sort.  I was going by how much I paid for my Outlaw Star (not pirated, it wasn't in one of those cheep cardboard cases, it was three separate actual DVD cases in a box) boxed set.  I didn't really have much to go on.  So even if it's a $100 or more, it'd still be worth it!  It really, really would.

Aridas

With the way he was talking, I think it was just the sight, and not the emotions..

Rowne

S'possible.

If that's the case though, what did Alexsi do to Dan?

In fact, this thought has been disturbing on ... many levels.  Thanks Ari.  <.<

e_voyager

Quote from: Rowne on September 01, 2006, 03:54:49 PM
Can't only Cubi emotion-jammer (I didn't think beings had that ability)?

Emotion -jammer is what happend when a cub is over whelmed but one emotion. there is no reason a being can do it if that focus but in that case Able is probably picking up fear projected strongly form varuse souses  and that would including some of Dan's pain.

Aridas

I put $10 on whatever we see as a result being humorously anticlimactic..

an additional $25 on not getting specifics. >.>

Amber Williams

I love it when readers start betting money...especially when its something I can easily then twist to my favour. >:3

e_voyager

all i can say is. "Remember the eggbeater!"

Zedd

If Dan's blood is pink...Does that mean his blood is Gay Fuel?   D:

e_voyager

okay now thats a scary thought to one whom is mentally unscarable

now i was sure i'd spell ched but whast happend?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Amber Panyko on September 01, 2006, 04:31:44 PM
I love it when readers start betting money...especially when its something I can easily then twist to my favour. >:3

I see. So.. who's your proxy? :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

terrycloth

Quote from: Rowne on September 01, 2006, 04:18:10 PM
Mana: I surmised that but I also believe that Abel's probably got some kind of barrier up against being fed with too much emotion (from a non-magical source).

I think that's been discussed in the comic by Fa'lina and others and that's what I was drawing on when I said that I didn't think beings had the ability to force-feed emotions like that, since it would wash up against that barrier and just dissipate.

Abel talked about how he'd emotion-jammer other cubi students (when he was calling himself stupid for trying it on Jyrras), so the normal barrier can't be proof against it.

But yeah, I was thinking that with the way people acted around Alexsi despite the lack of any obvious ability on her part to devastate whole continents or whatever, she might just have really really strong emotions that effectively act like the emotion-jammer thing.

e_voyager

nods. yes that follow my line of thought. that and Dan could be helping with out realizing it.

Zedd

Sides you'd just have to try very hard to put an emontial jammer on moi!

e_voyager

could be but then consider i spend more of my time as a mechanical being with my emotional responses turned down i doubt if i would try.

Rowne

A quick note about emotion jamming, I think the point that's going fweee by folks 'cept e is that emotion jamming might involve magic to lower the magical defensive field in order to start the jam.  In other words, a being might not be able to do it because they wouldn't have the magic to lower that field and start jamming in the first place.  Just a theory, yes but that's what I was trying to explain.

I think e got it though because he mentions Dan.  Dan could be responsible subconciously because for some reason, he could be breaking down Abel's shield.  I don't know why he'd be doing that but it's possible.

So all I'm saying is that this is my theory, that's why I thought Abel wasn't being jammed up with emotions, simply because his barriers would've been up (according to my theory) and unless they'd been hit by a magical attack from Dan, they'd still be up and any torrent of emotion just wouldn't get past said barriers.

The thing with Jyrras is that a being is naturally immune to the emotion thing because they don't absorb emotions as food.  However, Cubi do and this is why Cubis use magical shields.

Again, just a theory but I'm just trying to explain myself, 'ere.