09/01/06 Shock n' Awe

Started by bill, August 31, 2006, 09:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

thegayhare

Quote from: e_voyager on September 01, 2006, 12:43:25 AM
alson hare did you make that sige of your's? i like the mega fox

that sounds cool Voyager,  Could I run a little bakery inside?

I put it together but the Image was done by Battle Angel.

Mega Tails

and yeah I think it was mostlikely the lake itself that was turned.

I still vote for strawberry quick

Sienna Maiu - M T

And that is why children... one must never upset an Alexsi.

Zedd

Even if I am older than her by a few hundred years...I wont do so to make anyone mad

Manawolf

Maybe I'm just getting a little tired of it, but I'd like to see if people could back up the supposed horrible things they're trying to convey.  I don't need an image, even putting it into words would be sufficient (I feel deaths don't always have to be seen, but I won't get into the whole thing about camera angles and what not right now).  The thing with jibberish talking characters that apparently everyone but the audience can understand is also getting old too, I'd at least settle for subtitles, as the jokes that spawn from jibberish talking don't really move me anymore.

Vidar

Quote from: BillBuckner on August 31, 2006, 09:18:37 PM
Strawberry poptarts FTW

No, all poptarts lose. Home made toaster pies rule all. Par-bake them, them freeze them for up to six months.
Whenever you have breakfast, you just take one straight from the freezer, and pop it into your toaster, and these don't taste like over-sweetened cardboard.

Here's the recipe:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_32305,00.html
Now start cooking.

Also, turning the lake pink isn't a disaster, it's a bussiness oppertunity: "romantic boatrides on a pink lake".
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

llearch n'n'daCorna

I vote for Dan turning the bar pink.

After all, that's Alexsi's bar. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

e_voyager

as i say at the end of many a email i have lived for far to long to be careless about simple things like that. Alexi's bar is A.lexi's bar. let her change it and second guess it at you won Perl. now if you'll excuse me i must preform the sealing ritual

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

mini-lion

so the joke may have been done before, i think its remarkable that Amber has the energy to do the comic at the moment.

Plus you never fail to dissappoint with the art work.

King Of Hearts

Turning the lake pink almost sounds like a biblical plague... with Dan's blood as the catalyst, but alas, I will have to go with strawberry as well.

luiqui

Personally, I don't find Alexi being violent funny. She's beginning to look like a total psycho.

On the plus side, sleepy rat on Abel's lap? Ee! :kittylove Plus, the way in which the stairs join onto the panel borders is pretty nifty.

Gabi

It's the first time I've felt sorry for Abel... At least in the regular comic.

I'm also curious about how Dan managed to turn the lake pink, but it may have been something silly.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Rowne

I can't help but envision that it had something to do with Alexsi winning a competition, getting a lifetime supply of a certain soda brand for her Inn, said supply being airdropped in and that Dan, somehow screwing around, managed to smash up the crates that were being carried something fierce, thus spilling gallons of soda into the lake below.

Lucheek

Wait...I'm confused. What happened to Abel's clothing?

Rowne

Abel was possibly using a magical shroud to mimic clothing.  In which case, does Abel spend almost all of his time naked, without anyone ever actually realizing it?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Rowne on September 01, 2006, 08:13:00 AM
Abel was possibly using a magical shroud to mimic clothing.  In which case, does Abel spend almost all of his time naked, without anyone ever actually realizing it?

Abel is a capable tailor - I really don't think he would be quite so interested in clothing if he just willed it into existence.  He wouldn't have had the 'seventeen belts' problem in his Goth phase if the clothing was fake, since he could just have shut it down while he was in the john.  Also, if someone stunned him it would probably all disappear while he was unconscious, which would not be good mojo.

The green jacket definitely wasn't a projection because he had to dispose of it after the paint incident.  (One of my theories was that he'd projected it over his usual clothes)

More likely there's been a time lapse and he's got changed.

Quote from: luiqui on September 01, 2006, 06:24:52 AM
Personally, I don't find Alexi being violent funny. She's beginning to look like a total psycho.

I'm inclined to agree, and I'll say it again - she probably drove Merlitz away :)

**EDIT**
'tailor' not 'seamstress' - there appear to be some bad blocks in my internal lexicon

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Rowne

This is true, good call on Abel enjoying tailoring.  I'd quite forgotten about that aspect of him.  If there's been a time lapse, that could explain why the upper floor has gone quiet enough for Abel to have that chat with the Ratties.

Mel Dragonkitty

I remember an incident when I was five and thought that it would be easier to make grape Tang for me and my siblings if we used something bigger than our little plastic cups. Good thing that my parents were replacing that bathtub anyway since it wasn't stained a very attractive shade of lavender. Probably Dan was just making pink lemonade for a crowd.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Caswin

I was initially thinking the lake-lake, but turning the tavern pink does sound funnier...
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Rowne

Caswin: So was I.

Mel: Oh, that made for some funny mental images.  I can see Dan standing by a pink lake with a gigantic "Lemonade, $2 for a LARGE cup" sign.  I giggle helplessly at this, since it's so very Dan.  You get karma for that one.

luiqui

Quote from: Caswin on September 01, 2006, 09:31:04 AM
I was initially thinking the lake-lake, but turning the tavern pink does sound funnier...

Is there actually a lake at Lost Lake? I always assumed there was, but now that I think about it, I can't remember any actual evidence of that being the case.

BTW, Mel's idea is the best.

How big would you like your melonade? Large, extra large, giant, miraculous, or god-size?

Would you like ice-bergs with that?

Aridas

I wish I had the time and resources for running through the archive, looking for the first mention of the lake being pink... But it's there, trust me.

Rowne

Come to think of it (Lost Lake-related things), I'm actually surprised that Alexsi didn't try to kill Dan for the time he was near-naked dancing on the roof.  I mean, that's bound to scare off a few customers, isn't it?

Aridas

Quote from: Rowne on September 01, 2006, 09:55:22 AM
Come to think of it (Lost Lake-related things), I'm actually surprised that Alexsi didn't try to kill Dan for the time he was near-naked dancing on the roof. I mean, that's bound to scare off a few customers, isn't it?
Or attract a few...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on September 01, 2006, 09:41:48 AM
I wish I had the time and resources for running through the archive, looking for the first mention of the lake being pink... But it's there, trust me.

According to my scripts, Lake is mentioned in arcs 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,8, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, and 19. Most of thsoe are references to "Lost Lake", however, and none of them mention pink... except the last one.

Skipping through the images, the last time a lake was seen was in the background of panel 2 of 499, panel 1 of 498, 2 of 497, and, going further back (since that's not definitively Lost Lake), panels 3 and 4 of 481.

Prior to that, going back to Arc 16, strip 404, but that's Mab's glen, not Lost Lake... then 398, 397, 395, but again... and, finally, a clear shot in panel 2 of strip 394.

Mab's glen again back at 107... but that's the last one with water in the background...

Incidentally, do you know there's no strip 674? That was the bonus strip with the maple leaf bottle thing.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Rowne

Ari: He was human at the time though, wasn't he?  Most certainly, in his normal state, Dan would definitely attract a few, especially given the reactions to him and Abel at the mall.  That said though, considering Merlitz's reaction to humans, I'm surprised that every adventurer for miles didn't turn up to try to kill hi... oh, I see what you mean.  Someone has to provide them all with ale.

Vidar

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on September 01, 2006, 10:21:06 AM
Quote from: Rowne on September 01, 2006, 09:55:22 AM
Come to think of it (Lost Lake-related things), I'm actually surprised that Alexsi didn't try to kill Dan for the time he was near-naked dancing on the roof. I mean, that's bound to scare off a few customers, isn't it?
Or attract a few...
Like wildy. She offered money for taking off more clothes.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Rowne

True, if Dan had acquiessed though, I'm almost certain that Alexsi would've killed him for the mental images alone.  That and Jyrras would never get another serene night's sleep again.  Ever.

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: Zorro on August 31, 2006, 09:35:29 PM
When Dan Turned The Lake Pink...   :mowdan

OK Can't wait to hear THAT story!

Not if what is suspect happened happened, in which case Daniel having nine lives lost  three or more of them in the lake while fighting a kracken.... another life fighting Alexi after the fact because he hair got wet and another when he got stomped on by a dragon... with all the blood I'm sure that daniel could certainly turn the lake pink.

Mind you this is pure speculation on my part.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Alondro

*Charline awws*  The rats are soooo cute!  I just wanna eat them up!   >:3  Poor Abel.  I know he must want to devour their souls, but he can't lest he turn Dan away from the path to ebil to a permanent anti-cubi status and incur Fa'lina's wrath for his failure.

*Charles hmms*  Well, we know Charline can't be at SAIA if Abel thinks Alexsi is scarier than anything he's seen there.   :mowtongue  Of course, I've always suspected that if Charline were in the DMFA-verse she'd be something of an antagonist to Fa'lina, since the wicked lioness has an outright disdain of beings and will eat any that get in her way, while Fa'lina is a wee bit more subtle.  Yet even Charline has a compassionate side...  :mowwink

*Charline growls and threatens the human*  You shut up about that... I can do far worse things to you than kill you, you know...   :evil
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif