22/03/10 [AS2#93] Caring Aary?

Started by AmigaDragon, March 22, 2010, 01:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amber Williams

I'm about to bust into a rant so I apologize in advance.

In some of my circles of friends, one set of them is a set who could pretty much be summed up as nudists.  They enjoy not wearing clothes, when in their home they are very "yay for no clothes" and encourage their friends to do the same.  And it bugs me to no end.  Because I like wearing clothes.  And everytime I am about it is always "Oh dont be ashamed of your body." or "But nudity is so natural!" and talking on and on about how pressures make people feel they should be covered or some crap.  But no.  It isn't the media. I LIKE WEARING CLOTHES.  I like the feel of fabric on my skin. I feel comfortable in clothes.  And I even like wearing clothes that I feel are attractive and look nice on me.  But whenever I am around these people, the only "pressure" I feel is the pressure that I should somehow sit in a cold room naked because that is natural. No. It is cold and uncomfortable and I quite like having some fabric between my genitals and the chair without having to carry around a towel to sit anywhere.  And it aggravates me because while I don't doubt they have the best intentions in mind, they seem to not be able to accept that I enjoy wearing clothes and feel natural in them just as much as they enjoy being naked and without.

As for the comic, there have been plenty of characters who seem to be more lax in clothing. Matilda for example.   I suppose she doesn't count to many cause she doesn't have nipples or something, but she has been pretty much always without an outfit and in the comic it has never been a big deal.  As for Aaryanna, of course she is going to be wearing titallating costumes. Part of her big drive is that she is a lot of "you can look but I dare you to touch" tease.  She is nearly vanity incarnate, be it her pride in her race, her looks, her abilities..She prides herself in being an attractive character so why wouldn't she use clothing to such an advantage?

And I have been more than equally rating-pushing with the guys. The amount of times Dan has had an obscure thing blocking his danglies probably rivals Wildy's times she's gone shirtless. The joke goes both ways and if anyone recalls, Wildy's reaction to Dan walking out of his room naked was amusement while Jyrras reacted to both seeing the time Wildy was topless and Dan bottomless with embarrasment.  That's because the characters themselves have different standards of modesty.  Characters wear different things based on their own personal tastes.  Dan and Abel go shirtless, but odds are you would never see Pyroduck or Jyrras without a top of some sort.  Lorenda will always dress more modest than Kria.  Aaryanna will likely always be having her girls on near display where as Fa'Lina will vary her style based on who she is encountering.   Abel's first outfit was basically a loincloth redux with super-high boots but once he left the Academy he went for a less striking outfit set. Different areas have different standards.

And in case anyone forgot to realize, I happen to really like fashion in general. Besides my like of wearing clothes, I like designing clothes. I like looking at fashion blogs and seeing the latest trends be them good or bad. I like clothes. I like how clothes can make an impression or tell a story or reflect a bit about that person.  I don't think there is anything wrong with someone buying an outfit they think makes them look sexier.

TL;DR version:  Godamn I love clothes.

Kipiru

I agree with Amber- clothes are necessary most of the time, but are also fun- a form of expressing you personal taste- be it what you wear or what you draw your characters wearing. I must say that it is a lot harder to make sexy outfit for a girl, then just drawing her in the nude!

VAE

Hmm i agree too - mainly because clothes are useful.
We lack fur (most of us) and sturdy clothes make for much less bad ways of bonding with the enviroment....
Besides ,where would i stick all of my pens if not for fo the shirt pocket (Anybody of eastern european origin, i know what you want to say, so don't :D)

But then.. our neighbor likes to work in the garden just in shoes and underwear in the summer, so i guess this is kind of individual.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Tangent

@Amber: Clothes are pretty. And for that matter, when you conceal the body, hinting at what's under it, the allure is much greater than nudity alone.

Power to the nudists. Me? I'll wear clothes, thanks. And toast anyone else who does as well. =^-^=
Robert A. Howard, Tangents Reviews
http://www.tangents.us

Anker Steadfast

Clothes !!

Like sweaters ...

.... whoa! :erk

Wait, what ? What was I talking about again ?

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

VAE

Quote from: Tangent on March 25, 2010, 06:37:40 PM
@Amber: Clothes are pretty. And for that matter, when you conceal the body, hinting at what's under it, the allure is much greater than nudity alone.

Power to the nudists. Me? I'll wear clothes, thanks. And toast anyone else who does as well. =^-^=

There has been a sudden spike in bread consumption all over the world!
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Quote from: danman on March 25, 2010, 07:02:53 PM
You, I believe, deserve capital punishment.

VAE

Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on March 25, 2010, 08:21:46 PM
Quote from: danman on March 25, 2010, 07:02:53 PM
You, I believe, deserve capital punishment.
Yeah - this was milspec -the kind that was used in punic wars!
Saphroneth

Trazz

Discussing nudity AND toast in the same forum? This is madness, MADNESS I SAY!!!

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Trazz on March 25, 2010, 09:24:49 PM
Discussing nudity AND toast in the same forum? This is madness, MADNESS I SAY!!!

I am sorry... Amber.... Clothes are good  for comfort and for the comfort of others... 

And  I like toast.....
:mowsad
PBH

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tangent on March 25, 2010, 06:37:40 PM

This is the reason Ferengi think clothing on females is obscene.
As for me, clothing is a necessity. Try visiting far northern Minnesota in February without them. :wizice
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Attic Rat

If we're voting "Yes / No" on clothes, I'll go with "Yes" every time, and not just because frying bacon in the nude is risky.

Every civilization (let's stick with human civilizations) throughout history, whatever their morals or culture, has worn at least some clothing, so I'd guess it's probably a good idea. I also notice that people who move around more tend to strap their dangly bits down more firmly.

When all is said and done though, trying to pressure someone into following one's own mode of fashion for fashion's sake is a bit impolite. I work alongside people with piercings, tattoos, unusual clothing styles and hair colors as a routine thing. If that's what blows their hair back, no big deal. some of them smell pretty bad too, but I figure they probably know about it and don't much care - so why complain?

Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

AmigaDragon

Varying fashions (clothing, jewelry, hairstyles, etc.) are one thing. Blatantly flaunting ripe body odor is quite another.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Kirishala

Quote from: Attic Rat on March 26, 2010, 03:02:12 AM
If we're voting "Yes / No" on clothes, I'll go with "Yes" every time, and not just because frying bacon in the nude is risky.
While it may be risky in the nude is reputedly the best way to fry bacon (IIRC the reasoning is that if its spitting you aren't doing it right).  Though being a vegetarian I lack first hand experience or the motivation to gain such.

Amber Williams

Don't get me wrong. I have no issue with peeps who are happy being all nekkers.  If that is what they are comfortable and happy with, then the power to them. And I truly do feel bad that they cannot be the state of dress they feel comfortable in without feeling pressure from other groups that they are doing something morally wrong or criminal.  But in the same light I realize that that is the way the world goes and often in the situation it is a lot easier to be uncomfortable with clothes on than to deal with other people uncomfortable that your clothes are off.

My main gripe comes from more personal blargh in that there have been a few times I have felt the pressure from the same people who complain to me about how unfair it is they are unable to be in their comfortable state...to well...be put in an uncomfortable state.  I have no doubt that yeah, they likely would not take me going about their place nekkers as something sexual.  But at the same measure they just cannot seem to grasp that me being uncomfortable naked has nothing to do with their presence so much I don't like being naked in general. Even when I am home alone, I will likely be wearing comfy jammie pants and a shirt cause I like it.

To each their comforts. 

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 26, 2010, 04:21:50 AM
....  But at the same measure they just cannot seem to grasp that me being uncomfortable naked has nothing to do with their presence so much I don't like being naked in general. Even when I am home alone, I will likely be wearing comfy jammie pants and a shirt cause I like it.

To each their comforts.  

The Naked Truth

Being naked shows a matter of trust and acceptance to someone, and also a level of self-steem and free spirit.  It isn't meant to show disrespect or to used to shock and grab attention.  True friends want their friends to be comfortable and to be themselves.   You can talk to them about this, but they will often take their cues from you.  It's like a party, I'm most comfortable drinking when everyone else is too.  Still don't expect clothes when I'm at my home, and have been drinking a while.  Not that, I drink all that often anywhere.

PBH

Scow2

Can we change the subject back to the bat?

Amber Williams

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Scow2 on March 26, 2010, 05:44:48 PM

Don't you mean bat-haired harpy? :mowwink

Tangent

I think this comic is a perfect explanation for not going around as a nudist. =^-^=

And Amber? You silly. =^-^=

Shachza

Quote from: Tangent on March 26, 2010, 07:28:11 PM
I think this comic is a perfect explanation for not going around as a nudist. =^-^=

That's exactly why!  The weather doesn't often tailor the world to my ideal environmental conditions, and I'm too lazy to switch outfits just because I need to go grab my mail.

That and I think I look better with clothes on...
            <-- #1 that is!

Trazz

Quote from: Scow2 on March 26, 2010, 05:44:48 PM

Yes, back to the bat http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_505.php

Oh, wait, no, wrong bat...  :batman

Lol, my ranking right now is bat... So many bats ._.

Prof B Hunnydew

And Amber? You silly. =^-^=
Quote from: Shachza on March 26, 2010, 07:51:53 PM

That's exactly why!  The weather doesn't often tailor the world to my ideal environmental conditions, and I'm too lazy to switch outfits just because I need to go grab my mail.

That and I think I look better with clothes on...

But If you have fur, Are you really nakie?   

PBH

Anker Steadfast

I'm fairly certain most of us don't have fur on our bodies.
This might have something to do with why Amber likes clothes too.

Hrmmm .... further investigations needs to be done.

:U

How many of you guys have fur ?

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Tangent

Oh dear. I hope Mab doesn't read THIS comic (and the one that follows). Though it is amusing. =^-^=

Scow2

Congo Jack

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Scow2 on March 26, 2010, 11:01:31 PM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on March 26, 2010, 09:27:38 PM
I hope to someday!

Maybe when we go to heaven, we get to choose our form?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on March 26, 2010, 09:27:38 PM

I almost did.  But I was able to buy a new shaver.

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on March 27, 2010, 12:44:59 PM
Maybe when we go to heaven, we get to choose our form?

"Let me get this straight... you want to be a soul-stealing demon...?"   [aside] "...is he supposed to be here?"

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E