22/03/10 [AS2#93] Caring Aary?

Started by AmigaDragon, March 22, 2010, 01:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: danman on March 22, 2010, 12:08:36 PM
Quote from: Les on March 22, 2010, 11:53:46 AM
Not hardly.   :P
I meant in the pictures drawn by Amber herself, not fan art (see for example abel's story 25)

... What's your point, danman? That link is to art drawn by Amber herself. You knew she had an FA account, right?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

VAE

Quote from: Les on March 22, 2010, 12:20:11 PM

[/facepalm]

Check the link again, this WAS drawn by Amber Herself!   :mowtongue

Amplifici, vidi , facepalmi

I magnified, i saw, i facepalmed.

I was not noticing as i know she of old posted somewhere she has no DA, FA or anything else account
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

joshofspam

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on March 22, 2010, 09:30:10 AM
Cue fight of the century: Mink versus Aary snap-off. Really. I hope that happens. >:3

Oh, but Aary does look smoking hot in that panel. I wasn't expecting for her to show up.

What makes that funny is how her character sheet mentioned that she's more a lover than a fighter because she failed fighting tactics

It would be so hilarious if the friendly Mink beat the tar out of sarcastic Aary without even trying to beat her. :P
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Mao

Not hardly.   :P
I meant in the pictures drawn by Amber herself, not fan art (see for example abel's story 25)

That is, in fact,  Amber's FA page as Les has pointed out.  I can verify that one.  Now if only she'd stop using it to spam mine with watch and unwatch notices.... and trolling the rest of FA for that matter.

Amber.. you really are a terrible person.  Stop trolling. >:[

VAE

Quote from: joshofspam on March 22, 2010, 12:35:18 PM

What makes that funny is how her character sheet mentioned that she's more a lover than a fighter because she failed fighting tactics

It would be so hilarious if the friendly Mink beat the tar out of sarcastic Aary without even trying to beat her. :P

Hmm, battle tactics does not mean fighting power - while it suggests even i would beat her at chess easily, it does not imply that she would not beat the crap out of mink or abel (as shown late), just that she would likely not proceed in a very thoughtful manner to do so
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

joshofspam

Quote from: danman on March 22, 2010, 12:43:21 PM
Quote from: joshofspam on March 22, 2010, 12:35:18 PM

Hmm, battle tactics does not mean fighting power - while it suggests even i would beat her at chess easily, it does not imply that she would not beat the crap out of mink or abel (as shown late), just that she would likely not proceed in a very thoughtful manner to do so

I guess that's true.

But still, Abel was running as a distraction and she probably got the first good hits in when his back was turned

Chances are Minks clan members probably get mandatory defence training to at least defend themselves from threats.

So I think Mink still has a good chance in a fight, even though he probably wouldn't start it.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

candide

YaKnow, Aary's behavior and body language remind me quite a great deal of the archetypal, "Manipulative Popular-Cheerleader-Girl in High School."  You all remember the one, the one who thought that she was better than everyone else.

We can hang around debating why Aary might be giving off that vibe, debating until the crack-of-doom.  But I'd rather look at that vibe in the larger context.

Aaryana's a bit older than Abel, (3 decades likely isn't much of an age gap to cubi), so that would make her akin to the popular-girl h.s. junior to Abel's loner h.s. freshman.  If, that is, Amber's setting up that dynamic.  We'll see next week.

Sind

If I didn't hate her I'd be drooling all over the floor now :/

Good thing I hate her :3

VAE

Quote from: Sind on March 22, 2010, 01:41:45 PM

Why? She does not seem a particularly hateful character, and actually is rather sympathic, (The exchange with Dan about pride was awesome , as well as the Ha! you would not have missed if you used your race's power!)
Saphroneth

Baal Hadad

Quote from: danman on March 22, 2010, 01:47:16 PM
Quote from: Sind on March 22, 2010, 01:41:45 PM

Why? She does not seem a particularly hateful character, and actually is rather sympathic, (The exchange with Dan about pride was awesome , as well as the Ha! you would not have missed if you used your race's power!)

That doesn't make her sympathetic, it just makes her likeable to a degree.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

ROWR!!  >:3 Definitely, a drool worthy..... *breaks off due to naughty thoughts*

I wish I could wear something like that........  :< I definitely have the "upper dynamics" for it.  :3

Just wouldn't be that flattering on me..... :sweatdrop

Psychedelic Mushroom

Quote from: Feather Dancer on March 22, 2010, 05:05:55 AM
And here we see why they didn't get along in present either. I'm honestly not surprised tho given she's very Pro Cubi and May of course was a being.

Ah- That makes sense... Aary was obsessive about her Cubi heritage... I bet she puts the low on Abel because he's mixed? And just a thought, I'm sure this had been done somewhere but what is Aary's affinity?  :.

Feather Dancer

Quote from: Professor Fate on March 22, 2010, 04:16:12 PM

Ah- That makes sense... Aary was obsessive about her Cubi heritage... I bet she puts the low on Abel because he's mixed? And just a thought, I'm sure this had been done somewhere but what is Aary's affinity?  :.

The guesstimate is her cast page says her favourite food (Sides from toast) is Passion or Pain.
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

entropicage

And once again I get proof that I based my rpg character on the right person. I love the sheer sarcasm, I love the uncaring about others' feelings, I love the Aary cat.

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Les on March 22, 2010, 12:20:11 PM

Similarly endowed?

Similarly Endowed?

Not hardly.   :P
I meant in the pictures drawn by Amber herself, not fan art...

[/facepalm]

Check the link again, this WAS drawn by Amber Herself!   :mowtongue

There is a slight difference: Fa'lina's dress looks like it is metal reinforced (based on it's shinyness around the cleavage parts)
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Naldru on March 22, 2010, 12:00:09 PM

As mentioned before, this topic has been subject of a great deal of serious and dedicated observation.

Ah, you found a link to one of the versions that has the original drawings! All I've ever been able to search out are the text-only copies. That article's been floating around out there for fifty-odd years as copies of copies of copies, it's not surprising if the pics get left out sometimes.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Suwako

Quote from: Psaakyrn on March 22, 2010, 05:36:58 PM

There is a slight difference: Fa'lina's dress looks like it is metal reinforced (based on it's shinyness around the cleavage parts)

But not all her dresses have been that way, silly.

psilorder

This may have been answered/debated/etc before but i couldnt find it.
In 519 Abel mentions academy standards in relation to dresscode (Dans robe in particular).
What more exactly is the dresscode?

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Tytaj on March 22, 2010, 05:39:24 PM
Quote from: Psaakyrn on March 22, 2010, 05:36:58 PM

But not all her dresses have been that way, silly.

Like which?
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Psychedelic Mushroom

Quote from: Feather Dancer on March 22, 2010, 04:27:29 PM
The guesstimate is her cast page says her favourite food (Sides from toast) is Passion or Pain.
True. But the Nact'Larn has an affinity for Lust.. Which coud kinda sorta be counted as Passion. And the Cyra have an affinity for Pain.. so hm. But! Just because she likes to eat a certain emotion doesn't mean it's their affinity. Abel likes to feed off of confusion but he's not a part of the Dimanika..  :< And Aary's Clan Leader is gone so it won't appear in the Mini Arc....  :U ... But!! Aary loves romance, and the whatnot of that. So maybe, her affinity may have been such? Hm? I will add that to my list of theories.

VAE

Quote from: Professor Fate on March 22, 2010, 06:13:20 PM
Quote from: Feather Dancer on March 22, 2010, 04:27:29 PM
True. But the Nact'Larn has an affinity for Lust.. Which coud kinda sorta be counted as Passion. And the Cyra have an affinity for Pain.. so hm. But! Just because she likes to eat a certain emotion doesn't mean it's their affinity. Abel likes to feed off of confusion but he's not a part of the Dimanika..  :< And Aary's Clan Leader is gone so it won't appear in the Mini Arc....  :U ... But!! Aary loves romance, and the whatnot of that. So maybe, her affinity may have been such? Hm? I will add that to my list of theories.

Remember when Dan was examined - there are clan-related affinities and acquired ones.
So maybe passion or what is an acquired one, and her inborn one is... condescension maybe?
Saphroneth

Shachza

Quote from: danman on March 22, 2010, 06:21:26 PM
Remember when Dan was examined - there are clan-related affinities and acquired ones.
So maybe passion or what is an acquired one, and her inborn one is... condescension maybe?

I doubt it's condescension, I think that it would be a bit hard for any 'cubi to reliably feed off of.  They would either have to rely solely on their own megalomania for sustenance, which probably wouldn't result in much power, or hang around people who are more than likely to piss off the 'cubi for never EVER paying them proper respect.

Now, she might have an affinity for feeding off of the way people feel when someone is condescending TO them.  Frustration, anger, righteous indignation...  BTW, if I were a 'cubi, I'd definitely have an affinity for righteous indignation.   :mwaha
            <-- #1 that is!

Wanderer

Too much discussion. My reaction to the comic: "GAH! Aary looks EVIL."

VAE

Quote from: Shachza on March 22, 2010, 06:40:49 PM

I doubt it's condescension, I think that it would be a bit hard for any 'cubi to reliably feed off of.  They would either have to rely solely on their own megalomania for sustenance, which probably wouldn't result in much power, or hang around people who are more than likely to piss off the 'cubi for never EVER paying them proper respect.

Now, she might have an affinity for feeding off of the way people feel when someone is condescending TO them.  Frustration, anger, righteous indignation...  BTW, if I were a 'cubi, I'd definitely have an affinity for righteous indignation.   :mwaha
I dunno - SAIA certainly is full of large egos. And maybe then you will see aary and her clan in the presence of either nobs or hipsters of Furrae...
Righteous indignation seems a fun one, and easy to get , too. Reminds me of a short humorous article where the author was wondering why everyone paints the Furies as being ugly, since he never saw an person full of righteous indignation that was not beautiful in a way ...
Although i like anger, as it kind of works  for me IRL  :mwaha

Quote from: psilorder on March 22, 2010, 05:46:05 PM
This may have been answered/debated/etc before but i couldnt find it.
In 519 Abel mentions academy standards in relation to dresscode (Dans robe in particular).
What more exactly is the dresscode?
I thiink.. Something in the lines of "If it produces intense salivation in members of opposite gender, it is a good choice"
Besides somewhere else it says that a lot of popular dresses were inspired by Fa'lina...
Saphroneth

KarlOmega1

Hummina, hummina, hummina!  ;)

...dangit Amber. Why must ye be good at drawing sexy characters?  :mwaha
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

VAE

True. But the Nact'Larn has an affinity for Lust.. Which coud kinda sorta be counted as Passio
Something just occured to me - If they competed for food, it would be obvious why Aary and her clan are hated by Nact'larn!
Saphroneth

Psychedelic Mushroom

Quote from: danman on March 22, 2010, 09:34:54 PM

True. But the Nact'Larn has an affinity for Lust.. Which coud kinda sorta be counted as Passio
Something just occured to me - If they competed for food, it would be obvious why Aary and her clan are hated by Nact'larn!

Hm. That actually makes some sense. Nice Danman! :)

Nino

Quote from: Professor Fate on March 22, 2010, 04:16:12 PM
Quote from: Feather Dancer on March 22, 2010, 05:05:55 AM
And here we see why they didn't get along in present either. I'm honestly not surprised tho given she's very Pro Cubi and May of course was a being.

Mmm...maybe. But if so it wouldn't have continued to the present since Dan is mixed as well and she seemed to like him enough (after the initial 'wanting to kill him' phase). Though maybe being Destania's kid makes up for it....

Still, Cubi are possibly even a mixed race to begin with (angel/demon, see demo), the qualities that make a cubi don't dilute if mixed (you're either a cubi or you're not), and as prideful as Aary can be of her heritage, she just doesn't strike me as the racist type.

Now that I think about it it's kind of ridiculous. She dated Merlitz after all =p

Chakat Blackspots

I wonder why she's the way she is?

AmigaDragon

Quote from: danman on March 22, 2010, 10:56:56 AM
Another surprising thing is that Fa'lina although similarly endowed did never get this level of GA&O in the threads...

GA&O? You've lost me.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen