Omg my life stinks right now

Started by Max Wolf, February 07, 2009, 11:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Wolf

well a few days ago, my place got broken into. They got my ps3  and my laptop i got for xmass.
i had some drawings  scanned  and  1/2  done when it got stole. :(  now i am back to  2.5g computer with  nothing on it >.<

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Kipiru

Man, that sucks! I don't know what I'd do if that happened to me!

Beever

I cannot say that I am not frightened about this myself Max , because I recently bought a Laptop too and as I go to work ,I have to leave it home of course, in my flat room. I am really sorry! :( Since nobody could predict  and evade such unpleasant and fatal situations,I think that one should find or create as much a safer place as it can be, in order to store his/her valuable things - <in our case the Laptop>.

What I am proposing is that if there is a way, you to invent an inbuilt  hidden space, be there on the back of a wardrobe, inside the wall or even underneath your bed and more specifically inside the floor under your feet,it would worth it.
This is what I would try to do. Again it does not give you full guarantee, but at least you will know that you have done something to prevent this from happening.

Take care buddy :mowsmile  :mowwink

All The Best!!!

Damaris

I have a work issued laptop- they gave us a lojack that we could use to lock it to the table.  Basically, it's a key-lock tether that locks into a portion of the laptop casing.  I think it works fairly well.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Max Wolf

Quote from: Darkmoon on February 08, 2009, 11:29:18 AM
Did you have renter's insurance?

lucky i did  but it still satinks that i lost all my work too

Kipiru

Quote from: Max Wolf on February 08, 2009, 11:59:26 PM

Yeah, tech is replaceable(though expensive), but files aren't! that's what really sucks in your predicament!

Darkmoon

Quote from: Max Wolf on February 08, 2009, 11:59:26 PM

It does. It does make a case for backing things up to a remote server on a regular basis.

Something I need to do myself, actually.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...