Sup! New member here, hoping for a warm, heart-felt greeting!

Started by Shadow Dragon, February 09, 2009, 11:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon here! Eh, actually, only halfway. Its late and my cold medicine is just kicking in. :3

I started reading DMFA back in July, after clicking some random link in some random forum that said 'saddest story on earth'. I had thought that it would be some story about abortion or animal abuse, and clicked hoping for a good laugh. But, little did I know that some harmless link leading to the story of Abel Demetri would begin a relentless addiction that targeted the pit of my soul and began my spiraling decent into the depths of addiction. Not really. But I did get addicted. Ever since then I have visited DMFA daily, even on the weekends, and reread the series two or three times. Hours of my life was put into this comic-mainly due to the demon 64k dial up internet- but nevertheless hours were spent pouring of the pixels. It was obsession, and daily I fed the creature. Then, after a particularly long dive into the archives, I noticed a forums link at the top of the webpage. How could I have missed it? So I clickifyed- and I was ecstatic to find a nice, well groomed forum full of fairly happy people. So, I joined.

And here I am.

Now, I think I am going to bed. I have a DBQ, English paper, and art proget to finish. All of which were due last Friday. XP Time to work my ass of.

Ta-Ta
-Shadow D

techmaster-glitch

Interesting story...not the least of which was the link to DMFA reading "saddest story on earth" :.

Jairus

Odd: I found DMFA through the "Marshmallow Hell" article on TV Tropes linking to this comic. Much funnier way of finding it.

And yes, Abel's Story is very sad. Poor Abel...

Anyway, welcome aboard, follow the rules, listen to the mods, beware the Ides of Box, and remember to have fun!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Corgatha Taldorthar

Fairly happy? Who? Us? We're nuts!

"Welcome To The Forum, And Have A Nice Day!"!
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Jairus

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on February 10, 2009, 01:48:29 AM

:curseyou
GYAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! NO PEANUT!!!!! BAD CORGI! BAD! NO!
:mob

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, yes. I knew there was something I meant to do.

Hiya, Shadow. Mind the rules, mind the step, and no puking on the mods' feet. And have fun!

Edit:
  Solve that peanut problem for you, Jubblies.
    --  llearch n'n'daCorna
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bill

Thanks for the nice welcome!

Tapewolf

What happens if the replacement phrase is the same as the target phrase?  Nothing at all, or a CPU death spiral?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

bill

I think problems only start if the target phrase is in the replacement phrase, in my experience.

Mao

Welcome to the forums.  They're all a bunch of connivers here, all of 'em.  Schemin' to get you when you least expect it.  Not me though.  I've got your back.  Just make sure you don't bring the wrath of the mods down on your head and you'll be fine.

Also:

<3 llearch.  Sure he's a shifty little box with goals of global subjugation and he's been plotting against all of us, but the box knows how to lay it down.

Tapewolf

For those who have no idea what we're talking about, Corg's greeting phrase about peanuts was driving Damaris to distraction, and as a result it is apparently now no longer possible to utter that particular phrase on the board.

Anyway, welcome aboard, Shadow.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 10, 2009, 10:32:52 AM
What happens if the replacement phrase is the same as the target phrase?  Nothing at all, or a CPU death spiral?

I'm not sure. If you'd like, we can test it on the test forum.

Testing it on the live forum might be a bit questionable... ;-]

Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 10, 2009, 10:48:26 AM
<3 llearch.  Sure he's a shifty little box with goals of global subjugation and he's been plotting against all of us, but the box knows how to lay it down.

I don't have goals of global subjugation. There's only one of them. Only one world, after all.

And I'm not plotting against everyone. Just the stupid people. You know, the ones with an IQ of less than, oh, 120 or so...

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 10, 2009, 11:29:48 AM

I wish we could convince some of our customers of this  :cry

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 10, 2009, 10:52:57 AM
For those who have no idea what we're talking about, Corg's greeting phrase about peanuts was driving Damaris to distraction, and as a result it is apparently now no longer possible to utter that particular phrase on the board.
Ah, thanks for that, Tape. You put it much more succinctly than I tried put it at one AM last night trying to make myself not sound like an idiot.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 10, 2009, 03:39:29 AM
    --  llearch n'n'daCorna
Thanks.

PEANUT!!!!!!

Anyway...

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 10, 2009, 11:40:08 AM

I wish we could convince some of our customers of this  :cry
Sheesh, I don't know anything about programming, and I know not to do that. Or, rather, I know to test something in a safe area where if it goes wrong it won't break anything valuable. So, a live forum counts as valuable.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh. It's not valuable, it's voluble. ;-]

If I break it, fifteen different people will let me know it's down...

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 10, 2009, 11:43:01 AM
Heh. It's not valuable, it's voluble. ;-]

If I break it, fifteen different people will let me know it's down...
And probably the instant it goes down, too.

Lysander

Well hello Shadow Dragon. How you can enjoy a long and fairly happy life in this interesting place.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Suwako

Shadow Dragon

Phew. Lots to reply to.

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 09, 2009, 11:44:05 PM
Interesting story...not the least of which was the link to DMFA reading "saddest story on earth" :.
Not the least of which? I thought the manic obsession would have been the not-the-leas-of-which statement.

Quote from: Jairus on February 09, 2009, 11:50:17 PM
Odd: I found DMFA through the "Marshmallow Hell" article on TV Tropes linking to this comic. Much funnier way of finding it.

And yes, Abel's Story is very sad. Poor Abel…

Anyway, welcome aboard, follow the rules, listen to the mods, beware the Ides of Box, and remember to have fun!
I have that one save on my computer. :3

When I first read this is was like... 'who is the box?' but then I scrolled down and managed to figure out who. And as for the ideas part, I tend to like to follow what other people say only when it really seems like fun!

Thanks, I should fit in just fine then. I really enjoy eating nuts.

Quote from: Jairus on February 10, 2009, 01:51:43 AM

GYAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! NO PEANUT!!!!! BAD CORGI! BAD! NO!

Peanut... related to the 'nut' factor... But what do corgi's have to do with it? I hear they are pretty good fried...

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 10, 2009, 03:39:29 AM
Oh, yes. I knew there was something I meant to do.

Hiya, Shadow. Mind the rules, mind the step, and no puking on the mods' feet. And have fun!

Edit:
    --  llearch n'n'daCorna
I never let any good food go to waste. Ever.
And... you are 'the box', riiiight? I've been told to be wary of your ideas. As long as they seem like a good time, or a good laugh, then I will be sure to follow those ideas.

Welcome to the forums.  They're all a bunch of connivers here, all of 'em.  Schemin' to get you when you least expect it.  Not me though.  I've got your back.  Just make sure you don't bring the wrath of the mods down on your head and you'll be fine.

Also:

A) I always expect it... unless they come from beehind. B) Thanks. I do need someone to protect my beehind! C) I'm a mellow person when it comes to the rules. Just follow them and then you won't have to deal with problems later

I hope ;;earch can lay it down, otherwise I would stick 'em at Rummy every time.

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 10, 2009, 10:52:57 AM

Anyway, welcome aboard, Shadow.
Hm, I don't necessarily understand. Why peanuts?

I don't have goals of global subjugation. There's only one of them. Only one world, after all.

And I'm not plotting against everyone. Just the stupid people. You know, the ones with an IQ of less than, oh, 120 or so...
Its a good thing the last IQ test I took placed me at 147.

Quote from: Lysander on February 10, 2009, 12:17:09 PM
Well hello Shadow Dragon. How you can enjoy a long and fairly happy life in this interesting place.   :januscat
I do hope so. Otherwise I may just be another dried, empty husk like the ones I say at the entrance of this place... *shivers*
Oh, and, is the :januscat from Chrono Trigger?!

VSMIT

The "peanuts" thing was something that Corgatha always said to new members.  It was a string of four seemingly random words.

Welcome to the boards.  I'd try to lead you astray, the way a guy in a large van with "CANDY" painted across the side does, but I don't know if that would work now...  Just know that the candy in the Box has already been eaten by the monkeys.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: VSMIT on February 11, 2009, 01:12:20 AM
The "peanuts" thing was something that Corgatha always said to new members.  It was a string of four seemingly random words.

Green, and bamboo, and mystery, and peanut. Stupid, and annoying, and he didn't listen when told it was both of those. *shrug*

Lysander

Wow, someone who responds to all the greetings. I like you already. Also props to you for your enjoyment of dragons.

Quote from: Lysander on February 10, 2009, 12:17:09 PM
Well hello Shadow Dragon. How you can enjoy a long and fairly happy life in this interesting place.   :januscat
I do hope so. Otherwise I may just be another dried, empty husk like the ones I say at the entrance of this place... *shivers*
Oh, and, is the :januscat from Chrono Trigger?!

Hey, good work there too. That is indeed Alfador, the cat that belongs to Janus in Chrono trigger.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Brunhidden

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 11, 2009, 09:05:41 AM

Green, and bamboo, and mystery, and peanut. Stupid, and annoying, and he didn't listen when told it was both of those. *shrug*

Green, bamboo, mystery, peanut- that sounds like the name of a hit CD
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Mao

Quote from: Brunhidden on February 11, 2009, 02:55:47 PM

Or a CD that someone needs to be hit for.

Jairus

Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 11, 2009, 02:58:11 PM
Quote from: Brunhidden on February 11, 2009, 02:55:47 PM

Or a CD that someone needs to be hit for.
Or an Indie rock band. Or a rock band, period. Why not? We had "Toad the Wet Sprocket." Albeit, it was based on a Monty Python sketch, but it did really exist.

Brunhidden

bands having stupid names goes back a long time and shows no sign of letting up-  its kind of strange when a relatively 'normal' band name like ac/dc was taken off a sewing machine and the band spent most of their first year telling people 'no, were not bisexuals'

here is a good example of what bands are really out there http://www.brightlightsfilm.com/weirdbandnames/

yes, the list includes such mega stars as Alien Nymphos from Uranus, Lost Underpants of Doom, and 9 Invisible Ninjas of the Apocalypse
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.