PF Episode 6 (Page 49)

Started by Tapewolf, November 28, 2008, 02:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 16, 2009, 08:16:57 AM
We're going to be late.  No sign of Ren at all today, so I'm not even sure how late we're going to be.  I should be able to fake the upcoming strip if need be, but I'd hoped it wouldn't be necessary.

I'm thinking we should probably take a break for a week when chapter 6 ends to give us a bit of catch-up time and take some of the pressure off Ren.
His internet went belly-up yesterday. That might be part of the problem. Mine actually went down twice yesterday, but that's a different story.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on January 16, 2009, 10:10:21 AM
His internet went belly-up yesterday. That might be part of the problem. Mine actually went down twice yesterday, but that's a different story.
Ah, thanks for the heads-up.  In that case I'll probably use existing parts.
One question though, how did you find out?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 16, 2009, 10:12:33 AM
Quote from: Jairus on January 16, 2009, 10:10:21 AM
Ah, thanks for the heads-up.  In that case I'll probably use existing parts.
One question though, how did you find out?
I'm sorry. I meant it went belly-up for most of the day: he was back online yesterday evening for me. I was just saying that might be why you haven't heard from him. I believe he also had classes this morning.

Pagan

If Ren needs a week or you want to give him one, Tape, it is cool with me. That's this peanut's opinion anyway.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Pagan on January 16, 2009, 11:40:51 AM
If Ren needs a week or you want to give him one, Tape, it is cool with me. That's this peanut's opinion anyway.
Between chapter 6 and 7 is the obvious choice for a gap because it's the start of a new story arc.  And it wouldn't be much of a break for Ren anyway, because he'd still need to draw for that week, it would just get shown later  :rolleyes
But it would mean that he'd be under less pressure to get it done before Friday.   At least, that's the idea.

Mao

Maybe you can find someone to do an additional weeks worth of guest strips to give the man a bit of a break?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 16, 2009, 01:52:05 PM
Maybe you can find someone to do an additional weeks worth of guest strips to give the man a bit of a break?
If I get some, certainly.  After this page we've got one more to go, so there's 2-3 weeks to go if anyone's interested.

Of course, the selfish and impatient part of me says "no!" because I'd like to see us reach chapter 9 where Keaton debuts, but yes, I'm well aware that I'm continually asking him to do a lot  :3

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 16, 2009, 02:17:55 PM
Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 16, 2009, 01:52:05 PM
If I get some, certainly.  After this page we've got one more to go, so there's 2-3 weeks to go if anyone's interested.

Of course, the selfish and impatient part of me says "no!" because I'd like to see us reach chapter 9 where Keaton debuts, but yes, I'm well aware that I'm continually asking him to do a lot  :3
If I could draw that quickly, I'd volunteer. Unfortunately, I can't. Unless you want a week or stick-figure-style art.

Mao

Quote from: Jairus on January 16, 2009, 03:02:03 PM
If I could draw that quickly, I'd volunteer. Unfortunately, I can't. Unless you want a week or stick-figure-style art.

I endorse this.  Though that said, Jairus, your drawings back in your art thread were improving quickly.  I think if you attempted some fan art, it would be a good start.

Tapewolf

In the meantime I have hit a slight snag, in that my 200GB 'home' filesystem is now full, something I never thought would happen.  I've managed to clear some stuff, so with luck we will have a comic in the next couple of hours, but it looks like I'll be shopping for a larger disk in the morning.

The bulk of it seems to be the original footage for my Deus Ex and Morrowind videos which I'm a little loath to delete.  Anyway, that's my problem, not yours  :P

Sofox

Ugh, I hate running out of space, that's why I try to make sure I've got big hard disks and external hard disks.

Tapewolf

Okay, a page 47 is up.  As mentioned, this uses character art from existing sources.  I'll replace it with the proper strip when I get the lineart.
In the meantime, enjoy the guest panel by King of Hearts, who rocks.

Sofox

Good strip Tape... and I think I recognise that guest artwork from RBW! Thanks for showing it to me.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sofox on January 16, 2009, 07:16:32 PM
Good strip Tape... and I think I recognise that guest artwork from RBW! Thanks for showing it to me.
Yeah, I had it done way in advance - unlike the rest of the strip  :<

Pagan

Josh sure does have an imagination. Though if he's only heard fairy tales about Cross, I guess it isn't unfounded.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Amber Williams

Fa'Lina would be proud of Jakob. Banishment was always her second-most preferred method of dealing with her enemies. :3

Jack McSlay

Gladly Josh's mental image wasn't this violent
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Sofox

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 16, 2009, 08:24:54 PM
Fa'Lina would be proud of Jakob. Banishment was always her second-most preferred method of dealing with her enemies. :3

Alright, I acknowledge the intended follow up to that statement and ask what is her third favourite?

Jairus

Quote from: Sofox on January 16, 2009, 09:55:12 PM

Alright, I acknowledge the intended follow up to that statement and ask what is her third favourite?

Muffins!

Amber Williams

Quote from: Jack McSlay on January 16, 2009, 09:27:19 PM

Alright people. Threads closed. Its just not going to get anymore awesome than this. :U

Tapewolf

Quote from: Pagan on January 16, 2009, 08:23:02 PM
Josh sure does have an imagination. Though if he's only heard fairy tales about Cross, I guess it isn't unfounded.
Those stories are actually the reason he's so scared of 'Cubi.

I'd ask about the others but I might not want to know.

Interestingly, in the first story, when Jakob takes Niall to SAIA, Fa'Lina is proud of Jakob for building up "your own private empire, full of Beings to devour".  To which Jakob covers his face and politely points out that he's just been banishing his enemies and not killing them.

That was written about two years ago so I may have misjudged her attitude there.  I suspect I read too much into the scene where she's laughing with Aary about decapitating Beings, and the fact that she runs a school which teaches soul-stealing.

As for that picture, I'm truly at a loss for words.

Amber Williams

Fa'Lina is a tricky one to write for in most regards.  It doesn't help that on most normal days, Fa'Lina will often reflect what an individual needs her to be.  When dealing with a clan who's members thrive on violence, one definately needs to act a bit different than a clan who's members would thrive on joy.  As such, it isnt suprising that some Cubi feel Fa'Lina is a tyrant while others would view her as a saint.

Sunblink

KoH rocks. :3 As far as using recycled art for the strip goes, I think you did a good job at putting this strip together.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh my GOD. XD Tape, remember that time at AC in which I wouldn't stop laughing and you all started to worry I would run out of oxygen? Well, that's what I want to do right now.

My childhooooood.

Ren Gaulen

I want to tell everyone that I'm alive and that my OS has died yesterday. I'm currently restoring my computer. I'm sorry about the delay of the strip (and the delays several weeks before); I'll try to get better. :3

AndersW

Your OS died.  That sucks.  Hope you fix it soon.

Panel 5 is full of win.

http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m376/jack_mcslay/Random/strip047-bears.jpg

But this is full of win +1

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on January 17, 2009, 12:21:56 PM
I want to tell everyone that I'm alive and that my OS has died yesterday. I'm currently restoring my computer. I'm sorry about the delay of the strip (and the delays several weeks before); I'll try to get better. :3

Take your time. We all understand issues with OS dying; not something easily repairable, usually. I find it takes me upwards of a couple weeks to find and reset all the issues that come out of a desktop rebuild...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 17, 2009, 01:35:03 PM
Take your time. We all understand issues with OS dying; not something easily repairable, usually.
Yes, it looks like he's had to do a full reformat.

*EDIT*
Often it's a good idea to split the disk into a system partition and a data partition.  If you can keep the two separate (which Windows makes difficult to do) you should only need to reformat the system partition and not the whole thing.

GabrielsThoughts

#47 came out particularly nice, The Jauar in the background of panel five was a nice touch
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Tapewolf

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on January 17, 2009, 05:03:37 PM
#47 came out particularly nice, The Jauar in the background of panel five was a nice touch

Oh yes.  I was going to add the full-size version of KoH's artwork to the outtakes page.  It should be there now if anyone's interested.

Tapewolf

Ren was given some work to do by the university, so we're going to be late again.  I'm not yet sure how late.
Hopefully the gap for next week will put us ahead.  In the meantime, I'll be finalising our move to xepher.net, so things may get a little funky with the website.

**EDIT**
Expect a comic by 8PM GMT (our normal update time) .  It'll probably be ready earlier, but barring disaster (or my doing something stupid like firing up Oblivion) we should definitely have something by then.

**EDIT EDIT*

Actually, a small spoiler:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/projectfuture/pf48_intermediate.png