PF Episode 6 (Page 49)

Started by Tapewolf, November 28, 2008, 02:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amber Williams

Easy. I simply take all the scripts I never get to use for DMFA because it breaks rating, and I mush other characters into it.

It's so unfair. I have like...a gajillion jokes I could do that involve AbelxJyrras but I will never get away with em. :<

Jairus

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 02, 2009, 04:25:24 PM
Easy. I simply take all the scripts I never get to use for DMFA because it breaks rating, and I mush other characters into it.

It's so unfair. I have like...a gajillion jokes I could do that involve AbelxJyrras but I will never get away with em. :<
I'd forgive you. You could always do a non-canon side-story thing. I really wouldn't complain.

What? AbelxJyrras is my OTP. Basically my only male/male OTP. SoraxKairi forever!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Sofox

Heh, hilarious as always Amber.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 02, 2009, 02:23:01 PM
Taking yourself too seriously is asking for you to find some problems once you get intimate with someone. After all, what are you gonna do when you fart midway? And then both of you get the giggles?
Why do I get the feeling you're speaking from experience?

Tyranastrasz

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 02, 2009, 08:44:28 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on February 02, 2009, 05:47:26 AM
If we get more stuff like this, I'll add a fan-art section to the site.

Oh now you are just -asking- for it. :U

*leaps into the shadows*
More fan art, eh? hmmm.....

*throws a smoke bomb onto the ground, watches as it fizzles out, curses, then runs off into some nearby shadows*

Tapewolf

The re-captioned versions of Amber's strips can be found here:
http://www.project-future.org/strips/guest/

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Amber Williams

I like to pretend that this is just Daryil's way of helping Joshua get over his Cubi fear...by slowly replacing it with extreme agitations. :U

Zedd

*smirks* I like how Daryil thinks...Maybe he will like my stories  >:3

Kipiru

You know Amber, there could be done a dark version of DMFA with all the jokes you can't place in the original. The strips could even go uninked- raw like you show them now.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 05, 2009, 01:16:37 PM
I like to pretend that this is just Daryil's way of helping Joshua get over his Cubi fear...by slowly replacing it with extreme agitations. :U
Yep, that's some way to help him get over his fear. I am a firm believer that to stop fearing something one should become one with it, though. :B (J/K)
..Actually.. Cubi!Joshua for the win! :>

Amber Williams

But that would mean....

A: More work. I hate to say it, but when I spend a bajillion hours of my week drawing nothing but DMFA...drawing more DMFA on the side...doesn't really thrill me. :/  Which is one of the reasons it sometimes takes me forever to get certain things on the site done.

B: I would have to deal with people who I dont feel like dealing with in regards to a dark version.  It's a social mess I don't really want to bother with. Especially not for the sake of a few punchlines.

C: I really really hate my uninked/unfinished work. I almost didn't post the pages in the first place because I really hate the unfinished feel to things and feel its a real downgrade of quality. And I dont like having bad quality attached to my name.

Kipiru

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 05, 2009, 01:43:36 PM
But that would mean....

A: More work. I hate to say it, but when I spend a bajillion hours of my week drawing nothing but DMFA...drawing more DMFA on the side...doesn't really thrill me. :/  Which is one of the reasons it sometimes takes me forever to get certain things on the site done.

B: I would have to deal with people who I dont feel like dealing with in regards to a dark version.  It's a social mess I don't really want to bother with. Especially not for the sake of a few punchlines.

C: I really really hate my uninked/unfinished work. I almost didn't post the pages in the first place because I really hate the unfinished feel to things and feel its a real downgrade of quality. And I dont like having bad quality attached to my name.

I see- a respectfull stand.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on February 05, 2009, 01:42:45 PM
Yep, that's some way to help him get over his fear. I am a firm believer that to stop fearing something one should become one with it, though. :B (J/K)

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/projectfuture/evil_cubi_josh.png

Quote from: Kipiru on February 05, 2009, 01:24:03 PM
You know Amber, there could be done a dark version of DMFA with all the jokes you can't place in the original. The strips could even go uninked- raw like you show them now.
Actually, the reason I like Abel's Story so much is because it's a bit darker - without going completely overboard.

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 05, 2009, 01:43:36 PM
Well, if ever you do get around to inking them, I'll replace the current ones.  I kind of liked the rough feel to them, but that's probably because it's something I don't get to see often.

On another note, I've been working on the cast pages.  Robbie redesigned them, and I'm starting to integrate that system into the site.  This is still experimental and has a few rough edges, but I'd very much welcome opinions about it.

http://www.project-future.org/cast2.php

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 05, 2009, 02:38:20 PM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on February 05, 2009, 01:42:45 PM

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/projectfuture/evil_cubi_josh.png

Ebil husky is ebil. >:3

Amber Williams

Gosh Josh...you are looking kind of stoned there. :U

Neat cast pages btw. :3

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 05, 2009, 02:42:32 PM
He got high from his newly discovered awesomeness. :>

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 05, 2009, 02:42:32 PM

It was taken from this one, so he would have been just bordering on the D-face before I tweaked him:
http://project-future.xepher.net/stuff/strips/pt1/Project%20Future%2035.gif

QuoteNeat cast pages btw. :3
Well, it was Robbie's design.  It seems to work on pretty much every browser I've tried (even 'links').  The information is stored in a text file and rendered via PHP, so there's less work involved in adding new ones.  It also supports hidden cast pages.

I'd be interested in comments as to whether the layout is good, whether the thumbnails down the side are too big etc.  I'm thinking of switching it over tomorrow if no-one finds any critical issues with it.

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 05, 2009, 03:16:16 PM
It was taken from this one, so he would have been just bordering on the D-face before I tweaked him:

I'm sorry, but when you said that I just couldn't resist:

You have no one to blame but yourself for this.

Clearly, this is the greatest Photoshop work I have ever done. Might've looked better without the eyebrows, though.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on February 05, 2009, 04:01:00 PM

*awesomejosh.jpg*

Clearly, this is the greatest Photoshop work I have ever done. Might've looked better without the eyebrows, though.
I see what you did there. What I can't do is unsee it. :T

Amber Williams

*snip*

Oh god mah nose!

Heads up. Comic delayed due to needing to wipe the snot off tonights page. :U

Tapewolf

Jairus

*collapses laughing after EPIC!snrk*
Ow... I think I hurt my nose.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Pagan

After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'd be interested in comments as to whether the layout is good, whether the thumbnails down the side are too big etc.  I'm thinking of switching it over tomorrow if no-one finds any critical issues with it.

There is one, but I'm not sure how to fix it. Without breaking everything else, I mean.

When the name rolls over to two lines, the thumbnails get out of sync. I'd suggest, assuming you're using css, a div wrapper around them both, if that works. It means a bit more code, but should be doable...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tyranastrasz

*AwesomeJoshPic*

That was the most delightfully ebil thing I've seen all week.

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 05, 2009, 06:57:29 PM
When the name rolls over to two lines, the thumbnails get out of sync. I'd suggest, assuming you're using css, a div wrapper around them both, if that works. It means a bit more code, but should be doable...
I highly doubt that will work as they're completely independent.  As designed, it had the main characters on the left and the minor characters on the right, but that looked stupid as there were 10 major characters and 2 minor ones.

Keaton suggested cutting the names off and having them appear as tooltips to save space, which should work at a pinch for this until I can find a more permanent solution.

**EDIT**
I've made it display the nicknames instead.