Doctor Who: The sound of drums

Started by Zedd, September 29, 2007, 04:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

A the contuing part of Dr Who epsiodes with the return of The Doctors greatest foe...The Master alive and well. I seriously liked it so much...Can anyone guess what my favorite part is? Yes no? Well let the master show you it...

Darkmoon

I am very much interested in finding out what happens next. However, I don't think this episode was as effective as Utopia. It wasn't as pulse poundingly interesting.

Besides which, this is now like the third time Earth has been invaded in the new series. It's hard to get as excitied about "ooh, alien invasion" now. They've used it too much.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

GabrielsThoughts

I was totally  confused, if he made the doctor a hundred years younger ,why then did he look older? it makes absolutely no sense, and what was with the Master mentioning of the "bus ticket, the pen, and the key" was that  a veiled reference to the "objects" from The lost room. the episode was too confusing. I kept thinking of Stargate during the whole episode.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

thegayhare

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on September 29, 2007, 06:16:55 PM
I was totally  confused, if he made the doctor a hundred years younger ,why then did he look older? it makes absolutely no sense,

He said he reversed the lazerus tech and made the Doctor a hundred years older

Alondro

*Charles heh heh heh, as he knows everything*  Actually, the Master is the only real invader this time.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Zedd

Quote from: Alondro on September 30, 2007, 06:03:29 PM
*Charles heh heh heh, as he knows everything*  Actually, the Master is the only real invader this time.   >:3
*slap* You know nuttzing!

Damaris

Is it just me, or do the "aliens" (whatever they are) sound a lot like the Gelf?

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Darkmoon

They do. I just figured it was the same voice-actress.

Alondro

Quote from: Zedd on September 30, 2007, 06:05:11 PM

*Charles knows, oh yes, he knows everything*  I wonder what's inside those little sphere's, I wonder I wonder.  Oh that's right!  I already know! 

Now pay me $$$$$$$$$ or I shall spoil the ending!   :mwaha
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Zedd

Quote from: Alondro on September 30, 2007, 06:27:07 PM
Quote from: Zedd on September 30, 2007, 06:05:11 PM

*Charles knows, oh yes, he knows everything*  I wonder what's inside those little sphere's, I wonder I wonder.  Oh that's right!  I already know! 

Now pay me $$$$$$$$$ or I shall spoil the ending!   :mwaha
You shall not or I will make sure Charline will never find your body!

Darkmoon

thegayhare

Quote from: Darkmoon on September 30, 2007, 08:43:27 PM
Charline is actually the Master.

that I can believe...

You know have we heard weather or not Timelords could switch gender during regeneration?

Alondro

They can.

See:  Curse of the Fatal Death

;)

Zedd

Quote from: Alondro on September 30, 2007, 08:58:39 PM
They can.

See:  Curse of the Fatal Death

;)
Didnt one the actors become that one doctor for that flash series?

Darkmoon

Curse of the Fatal Death isn't official continuity.

Azlan

The Master seems a bit off though, he was a megalomaniac, but I don't remember him being that cracked.  I suppose being 'dealt' with in previous Doctor Who chapters and having exceeded his thirteen lives could make someone a tad bit off his rocker.  Though as it is mentioned in this particular episode, the Untempered Schism made him go mad.  However, what I mean is that this Master appears loopy.  The older Masters were more the criminally insane, cruel and wholly evil... this one is just, well cracked like a barrel of hammers and squid.

If the Master did take out the current and real president of the USA, he'd have my support.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Zedd

Quote from: Azlan on October 01, 2007, 02:28:00 AM
The Master seems a bit off though, he was a megalomaniac, but I don't remember him being that cracked.  I suppose being 'dealt' with in previous Doctor Who chapters and having exceeded his thirteen lives could make someone a tad bit off his rocker.  Though as it is mentioned in this particular episode, the Untempered Schism made him go mad.  However, what I mean is that this Master appears loopy.  The older Masters were more the criminally insane, cruel and wholly evil... this one is just, well cracked like a barrel of hammers and squid.

If the Master did take out the current and real president of the USA, he'd have my support.
Glad you support it too

Janus Whitefurr

I must be the only person who can both recognise some older Doctor Who references (and the most popular enemies), yet at the same time simply not be entertained by it all (old or new). And I grew up seeing the Fourth Doctor.

Not meant to be disparaging the series at all, but just one of those idle "now why IS that?" observations.

*woosh*
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Alondro

Quote from: Darkmoon on September 30, 2007, 10:31:48 PM
Curse of the Fatal Death isn't official continuity.

*erms*  It was a joke, you know.   :P

But there is evidence... heh heh heh.   Things I know... heh heh heh.

Azlan

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Zedd

llearch n'n'daCorna

I prefer celery. *munch* *munch* *munch*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: Azlan on October 02, 2007, 02:46:29 AM
Jelly baby anyone? *offers*

One tires of jellybabies.  One tires of everything... except absolute power.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Alondro

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 02, 2007, 07:58:36 AM

Indeed...   :veryevil

And yiffing!  Yiff yiff!   :B

Zedd

Quote from: Alondro on October 02, 2007, 11:22:22 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on October 02, 2007, 07:58:36 AM

Indeed...   :veryevil

And yiffing!  Yiff yiff!   :B
Dont make me get the carrot juice...

Alondro

Zedd