The New York Mets are not a very good baseball team

Started by bill, October 01, 2007, 06:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill

Please tell me that someone else here is a baseball fan, and was thus, hugely entertained by the Mets' play the last two weeks. That's going to go down there with California '95, Boston '78, and Chicago '69.

Darkmoon

I do occasionally follow baseball, but I never bothered to pay attention to the Mets.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

bill

Probably a good decision. That was hard to even watch.

DarkAudit

Quote from: BillBuckner on October 01, 2007, 06:33:08 PM
Please tell me that someone else here is a baseball fan, and was thus, hugely entertained by the Mets' play the last two weeks. That's going to go down there with California '95, Boston '78, and Chicago '69.

Close. Try Philadelphia '64.

Also:
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

gh0st

i come from new york and even i extremely disliked them

i also dislike the yankees team because well they're horrible if anything i'm a boston red sox fan.

Kamunt

Yesh.

I'm a White Sox fan, but....has anyone else heard this fucking Chicago Cubs rap song that's apparently been getting radio play? At least, on B96 (Chicago)? It's.....good, actually. :mowdizzy Which is shocking, since good rap rarely makes it onto the radio (sans Kanye, H.O.V.A. and Slim Shady)....nonetheless frigging baseball rap. As much of a "Whitey" as I am, I can't help but pull for the Cubbies...since, they are our brethren, after all. :rolleyes Cum on, e'erybody, lez do da World Series Shuffle!~ :eager :boogie :ipod

DarkAudit

Quote from: Kamunt on October 02, 2007, 12:22:23 AM
Yesh.

I'm a White Sox fan, but....has anyone else heard this fucking Chicago Cubs rap song that's apparently been getting radio play? At least, on B96 (Chicago)? It's.....good, actually. :mowdizzy Which is shocking, since good rap rarely makes it onto the radio (sans Kanye, H.O.V.A. and Slim Shady)....nonetheless frigging baseball rap. As much of a "Whitey" as I am, I can't help but pull for the Cubbies...since, they are our brethren, after all. :rolleyes Cum on, e'erybody, lez do da World Series Shuffle!~ :eager :boogie :ipod

Heresy. They wouldn't do the same for you. I was at a game at Wrigley last year to see them play my Buccos. On my way back to my hotel, everyone at the El station outside the ballpark was chanting "White Sox suck!"

bill

DarkAudit

Zina

Right now I'm just pleased as punch that the Rockies even made it to the playoffs.
Take THAT, San Diego. GTFO.

They're probably going to lose their first game, but the important thing is that they made it. :3

bill

Trevor Hoffman? More like Trevor LOLffman!

Seriously, that was one of the best baseball games I've ever seen, and I couldn't give a crap about either team. Just pure, good tast baseball.

Zina

Ugh, I was about to lose it around the 11th inning. My roomies wanted to go get groceries, and I was all "HSFCNSDFDFBASEBALL."
Don't stop believing, Rockies.
Hold on to that feeling. D:

RJ

bill

base ball game

Red Sox leading 4-0 in the 4th. Good tast.

bill

Alondro

Quote from: RJ on October 03, 2007, 07:04:03 PM
Base... ball....?

>_>

*nods*  You throw balls at people unless they get on base, then they're safe.  If not, they get clobbered and end up in the ER!  *laughs, then blinks at the staring crowd*  Well, that's how we played it.   :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif