Secret Santa 2006 is over. Click here for a good time

Started by Zina, October 24, 2006, 01:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zina

Rocky mountains.

Is there more than one mountain time I'm not aware of? Cuz I swear I thought there was only one. :o

Zedd

Well I hope you get all the people you need Zina...

Kenji

There's not really a necessary amount of people needed in order to give gifts.. Now, having enough people to make it a secret of who'd draw you, that'd be, oh.... 3.

Shadrok

Quote from: Zina on November 14, 2006, 07:00:20 PM
I'm giving people until midnight(mountain time) of the 15th(wednesday) to sign up and/or get theif refrence pics or detailed descriptions into me.  The ones who I need ref pics from are:

Creativity
Sirnyx
Sienna-Maiu
Shiekahn-boy.

Please get them into me ASAP. I'll be drawing names and assigining people on thursday morning, so midnight on wednesday is the final deadline.

Then I'm not too late, good. :bunny

Referince pics of my characters Kim and Meg can be found
Here
And here

Gabi

Make that 4, KK. With 3, it's still obvious. The person who will draw for you is the one you're not drawing for. Because if it were the one you're drawing for, then the other person would have to draw for him/herself. It works just like Invisible Friend in that respect.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Sienna Maiu - M T

I'll have my ref in soon I swear! There were marauding pirates after me!

Edit:

Okay, now that I'm not being scrambled out of the house by... marauding parents... I can actually think straight.
So, I made up my nifty little sketchy several weeks ago and then quickly inked it. I decided I liked it and wanted to scan it in so I could computer colour it... sadly my scanner power cord went missing. So, I went all this time doing nothing. Then... I realized I had access to a photocopier, so that taken care of I came to the sad realization that I apparently have lost my coloured pencils. As for how I scanned this...? I remembered the school scanner in the library, which comes down to the point of the matter...

and explains this horribly coloured image.

I'm sure I could ramble more... but nobody cares about that kind of stuff.

-Sienna Maiu, killing dead-lines since 1989.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Kenji

Quote from: Gabi on November 15, 2006, 05:52:30 AM
Make that 4, KK. With 3, it's still obvious. The person who will draw for you is the one you're not drawing for. Because if it were the one you're drawing for, then the other person would have to draw for him/herself. It works just like Invisible Friend in that respect.

You and your logic. I must've just been thinking of the rock-paper-scissors aspect. Ah well. Still many more than enough.

Zina

You've been added to the list and your names in the bag, ready to be randomly selected tomorrow morning, Sienna. :3

I'll be closing the Secret Santa in a few hours, so any last minute entries or reference pics or detailed descriptions need to be sent to me ASAP. The list is all up-to-date on my DA journal, so if you do NOT see your name there, or your name is on the list of people that owe me reference pics/descriptions, you'll need to get them into me ASAP, or else you'll just have to wait for next year.

Reese Tora

This hardly has any bearing on much of anything, but here's a link to my DA page if you want to use one of those icon pics instead of having my name writ out.

http://reese-tora.deviantart.com/

also convenient if someone wants to find out why they don't want me to be the one drawing thier picture  :tongue
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Zina

AAAAANNNND we're closed. Expect a note with who you have and their reference pic sometime between today and the 20th.

RJ

Sienna Maiu - M T

Holy Jalapenos!
I'm starting mine today!

Yes... we all just know it won't be finished til the day before Christmas.

King Of Hearts

*cracks his knuckles*

Oraora! Let's get this party started!

rt

listens very closley

.. I can hear the sounds of procrastination already ...  :erk err I mean drawing .. drawing!

Good luck everyone :)

Damaris

Is the note coming via PM for forum people?

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Tapewolf

Quote from: Damaris on November 18, 2006, 07:58:09 AM
Is the note coming via PM for forum people?

I think Zina is staggering them rather than doing it all at once.  My guess is that people who are posting here saying things like 'I'm starting at once!' are the lucky ones who've just got their assignment.  And we haven't yet. :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Suwako

>:3 I have one, I just don't know how to make is Christmas'y.

fire, lots of beautyful fire. A bit old...

Gabi

I got my assignment... But I asked some questions about them and didn't get the answers. I'd ask my victim... err... assigned recipient, but then it wouldn't be secret anymore.

llearch n'n'daCorna

There -is- the limitation that you can't post PM's faster than one every 30 seconds.

This makes sending out a bunch thereof tricky.

... I wonder if we should organise the IF game to send that via emails? Hmmm...

Zina

Sorry, yesterday was extremely hectic for me, and I wasn't able to have much computer time. Today will be the same, but I'll be able to get back on top of things in the evening. If I don't finish sending them out tonight, I'll try to finish before I leave sunday morning, or when I get home that evening. Either way, people will get their assignments before the 20th.
I'm going by the best form of contact I have, so yeah. People I know only from the forum are getting forum PMs, people on DA are getting DA notes, people that e-mailed me are getting e-mails, etc. I'm also trying to get the questions people have answered as soon as I can. Like I said, yesterday was busy, and I got very little done.
After today, I'll be on thanksgiving break, and will have very few excuses not to be on top of things, so don't worry. X3

Tiger_T

Take your time.
We appreciate greatly all the work you took on yourself to make this Secret-Santa work.
With so many people partaking I can only imagine how much you'll have to do.

Thank you. :hug :3
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Sienna Maiu - M T

ideeaaasss~ come to me~...
blaurgh... does it have to be totally Christmas related or at all? because all I can think of is something involving cheese on the bottom of the sea.
yes.

Damaris

I didn't mean to sound like I was nagging- I just wanted to make sure I knew where to look for it.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Zina

Quote from: Damaris on November 19, 2006, 12:49:49 AM
I didn't mean to sound like I was nagging- I just wanted to make sure I knew where to look for it.

I know. Just figured I've give people a heads up why I've been so late with getting them all out. X3

Speaking of which, if all went according to plan, everyone should have their assignments now. If someone didn't and they signed up, let me know. I'd like to think I got everyone, but it's possible I missed someone. Be sure to check your PMs, or your notes if you're on DA, first though. :3

Dakata

OMG Questions 'cuz I suck :dface :

- What do we do with the picture when we're done? Post it here? Send it to you (Zina)? Send it to whoever it's for?

- If my..."victim" has two or more characters that he/she/it has references for, can we draw a pic with both/all of the characters?

Gabi

Zina, did you get my PM?

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on November 18, 2006, 11:31:10 PM
ideeaaasss~ come to me~...
blaurgh... does it have to be totally Christmas related or at all? because all I can think of is something involving cheese on the bottom of the sea.
yes.
I hope it doesn't have to be. I could play this game at any time of the year, but I don't celebrate Christmas and wouldn't like to receive a Christmas-related gift.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on November 19, 2006, 08:51:49 AM
I could play this game at any time of the year, but I don't celebrate Christmas and wouldn't like to receive a Christmas-related gift.
..Not that Santa has squat to do with Jesus anyway.  Or that the date of Christmas reflects the time of year He was born anyway..

But enough of that. CONTACT.. HAS BEEN... MADE...
..now where the heck did I put my pencils?*

*Unfortunately I do not have a sample of K-9 saying that bit.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gabi

It's the motive, not the form, of the celebration that causes Christians to go through it every year while people of other religions don't.

Jewish people have out own festivities anyway.