Secret Santa 2006 is over. Click here for a good time

Started by Zina, October 24, 2006, 01:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zina

Check the first post for a very important update. So important, it is.

Suwako

My charaters:
Nero: Link, Link2
Ken: Feline being * Dark-grey, black hair, Silver stripes, blue eyes, chest amor (altough hidden), warrior type, Quite tall (6'3")
Kimaro: Feline Incubus, Dark-grey, -black hair, wings, shirt,  pants that stop just beneeth his knees-, a sleeveless shirt, Quite tall (6'4") his eyes are a very light shade of blue.
Nero`Shi: Link (the grey one)

Tyca: (drawn in bigheadstyle XD ) Link, Link2
Tajaka: Link, Link2
Mène: Link (though, I haven't finished her charater design.)

That's all the charaters which I have pictures/doodles/drawings of.

Magic

True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Sienna Maiu - M T

Wait... did  I even finish last year?
Yes. Yes I did.

So, I think that I would like to participate (give myself something other to draw than the fanart that has been plaguing my mind... which is terrible by the way) and I will edit later for purposes of reference. I think I'll probably draw one up fresh...

Zina

After doing a quick check, I noticed I still don't have Dakata's, Miaka's and Jack McSlay's entries for last year. Am I wrong in this? :o
Please send me your pic from last year so you can participate in this year.

Tapewolf

Okay, I know I'm going to regret this but I'll do it.  Probably I'll end up with someone or something I can't draw, but hey, if you don't try you don't improve.

Description:  Jakob Pettersohn, grey/wolf-coloured lupine incubus.  Age 901, clothing usually consists of casual dress, often with backpack.  When doing film work he may sometimes be seen carrying an Arriflex 16mm camera or a portable tape recorder in a leather carry case (UHER 4000L or Nagra-IV - Like anyone's ever going to go into that level of detail)

A collection of people's renderings can be found here: Blade's original B/W version with the cynical smile is still my favourite.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gareeku

I'm in. Here's my character references:

Name: Gareeku Manoko
Height: five feet, eleven inches.
Build: toned, muscled and athletic, but not too much though.
Species: Wolf
Eyes: blue
Hair: Medium length black spiky hair; spiked out up and back, save for near the front where various bangs of hair of various length cascade down his forehead, styled in a slight middle parting (though they do not extend further than eye level). (think similar to Jin Kazama from the Tekken series.)
Fur Colouration: white with black-tipped ears and tail.
Distinguishing features: He has a visible x-shaped scar between his eyes.
Clothing: Deep blue sleeveless gi top and pants/trousers, sandals, and a black karate belt. He also wears red fingerless gloves, which begin just below his elbow on his forearm. At the end of his gloves (where it stops just before the elbow) and on his wrists are bands of metal which seemingly hold the gloves in place (basically a red version of Jyrras' gloves in his new outfit). He also wears a brown hooded cloak over the top of his clothes, and has a sheathed katana strapped to the side of his waist (at belt-level).
References: here, here, here and here.

Hope that's ok. >.>

ITOS

I finally found a reference pic, not very good but still...
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/42015709/

Name: Maria Sandra Angel
Species: Equivalent to panda being.
Appearance: Angel has tousled long dark hair, chocolate brown eyes and wears a grey overall that reminds of a military uniform A black belt around her waist holds tools and at least one knife. Her face is soft and her eyes looks relaxed and gives a reassuring feeling when you look at them. She is slim and quite small (1,46 meters).
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Dakata

Quote from: Zina on October 26, 2006, 02:00:19 PMAfter doing a quick check, I noticed I still don't have Dakata's, Miaka's and Jack McSlay's entries for last year. Am I wrong in this? :o
Please send me your pic from last year so you can participate in this year.
But I don't know where the pic is. :S I -did- give it to S.Boy though. He -might- have it.

I might still have the drawing hidden in some doodle-folder of mine though. I'll check after I go check the old thread. Could've sworn I posted a linkie.

Oh, and Miaka -did- draw me somethin'. It's on her DA I think.

Edit: [Click]
There's my post. The link to the pic's dead though. I'll go look for it IRL.

Edit #2: [Miaka's pic for me]

Zina

Ah-ha.  I remember seeing them, but couldn't find them.
Thanks. XD

Dakata

Quote from: Zina on October 26, 2006, 05:37:05 PMAh-ha.  I remember seeing them, but couldn't find them.
Thanks. XD
So do I get to play this year? :3

Damaris

I think I would like to play.

I don't care what gets drawn for me, as I don't have a character, so the person I get paired with gets to go wild.

I'm also not the best artist evar... but I would like to give it the old school try.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

RJ

Quote from: Damaris on October 26, 2006, 11:05:45 PM
I don't care what gets drawn for me, as I don't have a character, so the person I get paired with gets to go wild.

Oh I get such evil thoughts at that...  :mwaha

Tapewolf

Quote from: Damaris on October 26, 2006, 11:05:45 PM

I think that would probably just break some of the less-talented artists.  I know I'd just freeze up if I didn't have some kind of guideline :(

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tiger_T

Yeah, come on. Think something up.
Species?
Anthro?
Colors? (hair/fur/eyes/...)
visual quirks? (any fur-too/marking or something?)
Clothes?

>:3 :mowwink
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

rt

I think that would probably just break some of the less-talented artists.  I know I'd just freeze up if I didn't have some kind of guideline 

Lack of idea/inspiration can go many a ways.
One could freeze up looking at some of these fantastic pictures and all the details, or get the old 'no new idea syndrome'. A word description can leave you going ???A what??? some days.  (Though I guess the time frame is there to go get over these)

Completing something like the following is helpfull to the drawer?

I like <insert some animals>, <ladies vs men>, <some hobby or activity>, <favourite/least favourite colours> ... ;) but feel free to go wild.

I'll have to think myself, as I'm really "feel free to go wild" as well ... and decide if I'm brave enough to display my lack of skill. Hate to be the giver of a lousy gift.

Damaris

Well, if I get paired with someone who will break, then we'll have to come up with something then.  We'll come to that bridge when we cross it.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

RJ

Quote from: Damaris on October 28, 2006, 09:02:23 PM
Well, if I get paired with someone who will break, then we'll have to come up with something then.  We'll come to that bridge when we cross it.

And if all else fails, just draw a ninja  :U

Zina

I had a person last year do pretty much the same thing. XD It worked out fine, and if something comes up, we'll figure it out when we come to it.
The list on my DA journal is all up-to-date. For now. XD

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heck, draw a completely blank piece of paper. Or an empty room. "Where am I?" "You're hiding. Good, eh?" :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Creativity

I've decided my character will be Eriika-ban. Working on the ref as we speak, but for now I guess this will do hopefully. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3126478/1/

e_voyager

I feel so weak in the ways of art. still i'll do my best and try to may a nice image for my chosen. as for my character you can find a example here

edit here is and examples of one of my robot shells thanks to PBH
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

EvilIguana966

Quotea picture of the character

Heresy!  Who are you to judge what is acceptable!  Saying I can't choose to write dirty limericks instead of drawing pictures.  People don't appreciate high culture when they see it...

/boycott Zina

Prof B Hunnydew

Sorry sorry Zina.....

I went through my art for a my reference for this event, and I have found that I have not got a really good reference of me... And No reference of me as a Kitten.  Oh Newton's Ghost, we'll have fix that. 

So a new reference was needed. And a cute picture of me at age 8.  I make new ones. 

I PMed you, ZinaCat with my request to my santa and these references
Repeated

PBH Child reference->>>PBH at 8
PBH adult ref->>>> DA link

Thanks Zina for Doing this again. :mowcookie
PBH

e_voyager

i'll try my best i just hope that my  victi... that  gift recipient does not cry at my artistic ineptitude.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tiger_T

So, according to your list, there's 50 people by now.
Wow! :U :boogie
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Zina

Just a little over 50. Although it's not official until the 15th, when only those that have gotten their refs into me can participate.

To all the people that're worried about their art skill...I'm not asking for masterpieces, here. All I'm asking is that you -try-. And that you're in this for the giving aspect, not the recieving. So as long as you try, then don't sweat it.

Also, guys, don't ask for a certain person, or for a certain person to get you. That's a huge no-no. =/

e_voyager

i'm not really picky i just want to try it out and hopefully have fun

Wildy

Wow, I suppose it is November already isn't it. I suppose I shall enter. I havn't any good references of my equine self so I will just request something of the ferretess be drawn. Most everyone here knows what she looks like.

But here's a ref anyway. My two favorite images of her.
http://www.missmab.com/Art/Images/Ren_Wildy.jpg
http://www.missmab.com/DLoads/DMFA_Wallpaper22_640.jpg

EXCEPT! There are a few physical differences I play that differ from the way Amber draws her in the comic. My version has black feathered wings. I know wings are a pain in the butt, so I am ok with them being optional, it poses a challenge for those of you who might have wanted to tackle it.
EDIT: Almost forgot: Only one darker red ring around her tail. The last one near the end of it.

Have at thee!!

Nikki

oh, and if my Santa-person can't draw Xze...

Draw Gaara or Neji or Kiba for me >w<

OH!! and if they can, for the pose i want Xze to be hugging one of them if they can draw Xze!^^

am i making sense? :<

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3