Secret Santa 2006 is over. Click here for a good time

Started by Zina, October 24, 2006, 01:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 19, 2006, 09:03:26 AM
Quote from: Gabi on November 19, 2006, 08:51:49 AM
I could play this game at any time of the year, but I don't celebrate Christmas and wouldn't like to receive a Christmas-related gift.
..Not that Santa has squat to do with Jesus anyway.  Or that the date of Christmas reflects the time of year He was born anyway..
yep... these days Xmas is more of an excuse to bring together family/friends than an actual christian celebration anyway, if wasn't, Santa woudn't have replaced jesus as main icon of xmas  :U

i'm not all wooty about xmas pics myself, not to mention i've got myself a problem cause the person I got told to favor Xmas theme and I have no Idea what to do
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Gabi

Well, Santa is a Christian symbol too. He was originally Saint Nicholas.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Suwako

Quote from: Gabi on November 19, 2006, 09:33:50 AM
Well, Santa is a Christian symbol too. He was originally Saint Nicholas.

correct: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas

please note: Sinterklaas is the dutch word for him however it links to the same page.

Zina

Updated the first page with a quick FAQ, since people seem to be having the same questions.

Gabi, I'll pass onto your SS your feelings about Christmas, just so they can be mindful of that. :3

Gabi

Thanks, Zina. And thanks for replying to my PM too. :)

Sienna Maiu - M T

How about additional, unrequested characters or self-insertions, are those allowed? I swear that it's only for the benefit of entertainment for all. And isn't that really the best gift of all? The Gift of Laughter? *sparkles and glitter ahoy!*

Zina

Yes, but try not to make them to center of the picture. X3

Sienna Maiu - M T

Zina

First post updated with new info. Check it out, guys.
And if you sent me a PM saying you'll be late and aren't on that list, lemme know. I sort of left my list of everyone back in Washington, as I am AMAZING, so I might have missed a few people here and there.

Tapewolf

Currently it looks like I'm going to be on time.  It took a long while to get the sketch to look sensible (problems with figure poise and stuff) and since then I haven't had a chance to scan it so I can do the colouring, but I should be sorting that out tonight.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kenji

Just gotta ink, really. Doubt this year's will be colored, though. Just too much going on, with work and life in general. But it'll be there on time.

Damaris

I'm hoping to be on time, but I'm not sure.  If I'm late, it will definitely be done by the new year.

... yes, this one.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Zedd

Dakata

I just need to finish drawing it. :< Then I have to find time to scan...and maybe color...*Bleh* Stupid school...and teachers who give out too much homework at the end of the semester! *Shakes fist at them*

Don't think I'll be late again, but if I -am- late, I'll try to have it done by the end of December...

Prof B Hunnydew

Yea I will finish by X-mas by I stuck on a Background... I have mine inked and I will finish coloring it by x-mas at least.  I am really mad and sad about a Back ground.

:mowsad
PBH

Alondro

Mine is done and inked.  It actually looks suprisingly non-hideous.   :)

I just need to find a scanner I can use.  I'm not going to to attempt to color it, because I simply don't have the talent for it.  Not to mention, I'd have to use a computer because I don't have any art supplies, and I've found that coloring a scanned image with just the basic photoshop or painting programs (especially when one doesn't really know how to use them) is exceedingly tedious and only produces mediocre results.   :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Zina

Good to here some of you guys are on top of things. XD If it was me, I'd honestly wait until the last night. Even if I didn't mean to.
And I must say, the stuff I've recieved so far is awesome. I'm excited to show everyone the work people have done. And I can't wait to see everyone elses gifts. :3

Aisha deCabre

I can't wait to see how everyone's looks as well!  I had fun doing the picture...and here I thought I'd procrastinate with it.

Hope it doesn't stink.  ^^;
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Miaka

I have a couple sketches and ideas for mine, but I've yet to actually draw anything I was happy with.

I'll try not to be late though, and if I am, by a few days at the most.

King Of Hearts

got it finished, I'd upload it to imageshack tommorow.

Wildy

Bah.. Stoopid laziness... Stoopid procrastination.. Stoopid WoW!!! *shakes fist at WoW*

And cookies.. Mmm.. Cookies...

Jack McSlay

I've beem busy... and when I'm not busy, I'm tired... I think I'll end up doing mine in the XMAS-New year meantime
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Gareeku

MMmm...soooo busy...very tired... got the pencilwork done, but i wanna colour it and stuff. I'll try my hardest for as close to Christmas as possible. No guarentees though. :< But rest assured that it will be done asap.

Sienna Maiu - M T

oh crip and a half.
Okay, so as I may have said (dunno) I cannot find my scanner powercord, which makes the scanner as good as dead and seeing as how I highly doubt I'll have this done for tomorrow (last day of school before break), barring on a Chanuka miracle, and don't see this happening, on time at least.

Clearly I'm going to have to break into someone's house on Christmas Eve while they're out partying to highjack the use of their scanner.

rt

all finished drawing inking, shading-colouring now. And of course *fixing fixing fixing* the things I decide I don't like (digital inking is soo nice I'm glad I tried it).

Looks like it is time to stop fixing and time to start finishing. Get with those backgrounds and finishing touches.

Nikki

BIIIG PROBLEM!!!

I have no acess to my home computer or a scanner. my drawing is done, but it may be a little while until i can get it up here. just a forewarning. i wil try my best to get 'er done!

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Reese Tora

Quote from: Wildy on December 18, 2006, 05:53:43 PM
Bah.. Stoopid laziness... Stoopid procrastination.. Stoopid WoW!!! *shakes fist at WoW*

And cookies.. Mmm.. Cookies...

*shakes fist at stoopid Maplestory and stoopid internet and stoopid work and stoopid shiney things*
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gabi

I'm still working on my picture... And on countless other things. -_- I'll try to finish it on Sunday.

Kenji