Secret Santa 2006 is over. Click here for a good time

Started by Zina, October 24, 2006, 01:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zina

Aaaaaaand we're done. I've been holding off in case a few more late entries come my way, but might as well get this party started.

http://zinacat.deviantart.com/journal/11204807/

Click one the link for the full list of who had who, and the pictures they did, as well as who is late and who still needs to contact me to let me know what's up. I haven't heard from a good chunk of you. Don't leave your Secret Santa hanging, guys! Get your pics in!

Everyone else, thanks for participating in Secret Santa 2006! Everyone did some awesome stuff, and it was real fun to look at these as they came in. Thanks for making all the stress worthwhile. XD
Hope everyone is having a great holiday, and a happy New Years. :3

EDIT-To avoid making this post too long, the full list of who has joined up and who still owes me ref pics is going to be kept on my Deviant Art Journal over herre.
I'll post everytime it updates, for your interneting convience.

I know what you're gonna say. "But Zina! It's not even Halloween yet!" I know, but a few people have been hounding me about this, so I figured I'd start posting stuff for it. Never too early, right?
Some of you people remember last year I hosted a Secret Santa. I got over 40 people to join, and it was what I would call a 'success', so I figure I'd host another one this year. I know this all seems a little too early for something Christmas related, but I know how hectic the holidays can be, so might as well get started early, right? :3

This is how this works. This is a Secret Santa. If you don't know how this works, you basically pick a name out of a hat, and you get a present for whoever you picked. That person doesn't know you have them until the day they get their gift, and likewise you don't know who has you. This is just like that only art-related.
Comment, note or e-mail me saying you want to join and add a picture of the character you want drawn. If you want anything specific for your character to be doing, be sure to include it. On the 20th of November, I'll note you/e-mail you/IM you who you have, along with their reference pic, and you draw them. On Christmas, I'll post all the pics up. Fun, huh?
This is pretty much an idea to get you to draw for people you either don't know or wouldn't think to draw gift art for, and for you to recieve art from people you wouldn't expect.

The Rules-
Anyone can join, regardless of art skill. All I ask is that you put your effort into the piece.
Remember, this is about GIVING not recieving. Please join because you want to do art for others, not becuase you want art done for you.
Please, once you know who you're drawing for, make sure they don't find out. That'll ruin the surprise.
If you want your gift to be kept under a certain rating, please let me know.
If you participated last year and DID NOT do your SS gift pic, then you CANNOT join in this years round. I'm sorry, but that's just how it's gonna be this year. HOWEVER, if you get your pic from last year into me before the sign-up deadline(the 15th), then you can particpiate in this years Secret Santa.

Deadlines-
You have until the 15th of November to join, and the 25th of December to submit your gift. However, I understand that people get busy during this time, and if you can't make the deadline, no problem. Just be sure to let me know and give me a guess of when you'll think it'll be done.

I realize a lot of you are leaving DA/no longer posting art. This isn't limited to just DA, so as long as you can either find a host for your pic, or give it to me and I'll host it on my photobucket, it'll be fine.

That's it. Have fun. =3

RJ

Well count me in! :3 Hm... but which character.... erg, so many...

Ah! I know! I'll PM it to you Zina to not spoil the surprise just yet XD

Paladin Sheppard

Meh I'll give it a shot maybe with that length of time I can work at it millimeter by millimeter :P

Miaka

I'm in like you wouldn't beleive.
and hopefully the pic I do will be better this year.
if you still have it, you can use the same ref I gave last year, and if not this and this work well.
>>

...edited because what I'd used apparently turns into a bullet point.

Gareeku

Ah what the hell...I'll give it a shot. Count me in.

Prof B Hunnydew

WHAT WHAT SOME Peeps are still without they're presents.... Zina tell me the poor peeps who didn't get a their art presents and I will make it up to them this year...   :mowsad

Oh yea, I would like to be a Secret Santa... I just have to think of what I want that isn't too hard or too yiffy ....mmmmm.... I'll get back you with my ref in before the deadline.

:mowcookie
Zina.

Silverfoxr

i never got my secret santa :( but i well still join in this time

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Silverfoxr on October 24, 2006, 08:01:46 AM

Poor little vixen :mowsad
Okay I'll put Silva on my list, plus my secret santa....PBH

ITOS

I'm in.

Actually, my node is since he is the one of us who can draw. :3
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Gareeku

Heh, i can't draw, but i'm taking part in this anyways :lol I'm determined to do the very best i can though, as I should give at least something back to the awesome people here, even if it is only one person i'll be drawing for. :animesweat c:

James StarRunner

Quote from: Silverfoxr on October 24, 2006, 08:01:46 AM
Ya, same, but I'm still joining as well. I had tons of fun just seeing Ryn's expression after I posted her pic!

Jack McSlay

count me in again!! it will be nice to participate
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Suwako

Well I'll join again. Wonder who I et to try and draw somthing decent for this year..

I will be on time! If not I will increase the size of my room using only my head. 

Zina

Remember to give me refs, people! I'll make a list soon of who has signed up, and who I still need refs from. Give me a moment to check everywhere to make sure I haven't missed anyone yet. XD
I will try extra hard to make sure everyone that did not get a pic last year gets one this year. If that means cheating and pairing you with someone I know is realible, then so be it. X3

Kitome Feathertail

Well this sounds like a lot of fun so count me in.
and uhh, the best ref I have of myself; http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h192/ForeverAugust/hugsforPBH.jpg

Suwako

Quote from: Zina on October 24, 2006, 01:17:11 PM
Remember to give me refs, people!

I will do so shortly, I just have a lot of charaters...

Tiger_T

Oh, what the hey!
I must be crazy. (As if you didn't know by now)
Count me in. :3

edit:
PM sent.
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Zedd

Im might do something oh yeah.... Heres my refrance of my woofers http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/HuskieBoi666/Huskie%20stuff/GT_Zedd.jpg

Nikki

CHA-CHING!!!

i'm in this year!!

i'll give ya 2 guess as to what character i want drawn >:3

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Dakata

I'll play again. :3

...Just wait while I go figure out which char(s) of mine I want drawn...

Edit:

Mah Characters
Dakata - [Clickie]
(Heh. I'll go look for a less scary picture later if my secret santa needs it.)
Patches - [Clickie]
(He can be drawn all chibi-like or anthro-y. I don't care. :P)

Tapewolf

I'm pondering it, but I can't shake the sinking feeling that anything I drew would be like giving someone a lump of coal for Christmas.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Dragons like coal, though, Tapewolf. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aisha deCabre

Know what?  I'll join in this time as well.  It'll be a great chance for me to finally do some art for someone here as I deem everyone deserving.  ^^  Whatever I don't know how to do, it'll be good practice at least.

I'll do a ref pic of Aisha soon...I do good canines, I SHOULD at least be able to do a good panther, for cryin' out loud.  :mowdizzy

EDIT:  Here's a slightly hurriedly made ref pic now.  Hope it's good enough: http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c108/RisenDeCabre360/AishaRef.png
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Creativity

Im in, and the ref will be with you as soon as I purchase a new scanner :D

I just have to learn how to draw before then x.x

xHaZxMaTx

Sounds fun, I might join in the holiday fun. :P  Now, what to have drawn...

I like-a da music, how about this guy rockin' out to some tunes.  Preferably with a CD player and some big headphones, not earphones.  MP3 players are lame, and earphones have crappy quality. :P

Kenji

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Zina on October 24, 2006, 01:17:11 PM
Remember to give me refs, people! I'll make a list soon of who has signed up, and who I still need refs from. Give me a moment to check everywhere to make sure I haven't missed anyone yet. XD
I will try extra hard to make sure everyone that did not get a pic last year gets one this year. If that means cheating and pairing you with someone I know is realible, then so be it. X3
I think I'll just stick with the same I did last year, just let the person go to my gallery and pick whatever char he/she would find cool to draw

http://jackmcslay.sheezyart.com
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Alondro

*shudders*  I'm going to regret this... I just know it... *deep breath*  I'll give it a try.  I'm not as busy at work anymore, but I still stay all night twice a week to save on travel costs.  It's possible some inspiration will hit and I'll actually be able to draw something presentable.

With a month to work on it, it might not end up too mangled and deformed.  :mowtongue

As for refs, well, there's the Charline yap right over yonder. :)  I'm also on Furaffinity but... uhm... well... *guilty look*  Much ebil there...  :paranoid
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Gabi

I'd like to participate too. My character is the same as usual.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly