Secret Santa 2006 is over. Click here for a good time

Started by Zina, October 24, 2006, 01:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zina

Sorry, Sienna. Things do slip by me sometimes. I fixed the journal so it says you'll be late. Also, DJpirtu had sent me a picture via e-mail, but I must have missed it, so Gabi, you're gift pic is there.

So...yeah. On one hand, I'm really happy with the results, and glad to hear so many people like their gift and had a good time. On the OTHER hand, I'm really frustrated with some of the negative things I'm hearing. Apparently some people missed the whole "It's about giving, not receiving" thing. Oh well, I guess there's always going to be a few jerks in everything. =|

So, for future reference, guys, the whole point of this was for YOU to draw a picture for SOMEONE ELSE, and that the only requirement is that you do your best. And I'd like to think everyone here DID do their best.
Try to keep that in mind. Because, honestly, if I get one more person coming to me and complaining about how they "don't like their free gift waaaaaah" I'm just going to lose it.

Aisha deCabre

Totally agreed...and honestly I think the pictures that I saw so far were pretty darn awesome.   :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Hey no problems there Zina, these things happen, especially at this time of year.
But on that other note, people are really doing that? wow. that kind of sucks.

On my end however, I'm not going to look at my (what will most surely be awesome) gift until I get mine in. Kind of like an incentive, you know? So if my Secret Santa is out there and wants to know what I think, I'm not not-replying because I don't like it or anything silly like that, it's because I haven't seen it yet. I would like to say thank-you in advance though  :)

Tiger_T

Weee! So much excellent artwork!
*feels small*

Hehehe I especially like the ones for vaguelycreepy and forrest-dreams. :rolleyes :giggle
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Gabi

Oh, thanks! :D

Did some people really do that?! What did they think this topic was for?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

I may post a revised version of the Gareeku picture, but I think I need some help from a decent colourist to get it right.  I have managed to do a reasonable job of shading the fur but I just cannot get the cloth shading on the dobok to work, and it ends up looking worse than the flat-coloured version.

I'm not sure if SKB is still reading this forum, but if so, thanks :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Magic

True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Zedd

Prof B Hunnydew

Well, I love mine   but I can't seem to Note or email Draggo... Zina  I was hoping not to have to start an account on FA  (Yea, Yea , I'm furry artist, who is not on FA I sue me.)  Please Pass on my thanks to him. Yes I try his Yahoo account.  It bounces back...

Oh Zina Cat I will help out anyone who doesn't get their Art because of a miss Santa... By drawing them new present from Their reference...

Have a Happy
PBH

Zedd

Well seems like I am done now...And yet I Bunnaroo did a good job but I am kinda bald ^^;  but heres my share http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/HuskieBoi666/Charaters/Secretsanta.png

Kenji

That picture is full of much greatness. Get it? Great Ness? Huh? Eh?
Well, I it was a mildly entertaining joke, in a droll sort of way.... :<

Could you send a thank you out there for me, Zina? I'll give you a coooookie. ^-^

Sienna Maiu - M T

Good news!
I was just in town because my brother had to work today (apparently it turns out it was really tomorrow...) and my mother had to do book-keeping. The latter of which involved cleaning the computer-room, and  we found the scanner power-cord  :boogie However... all of my art still happens to be at my grandmothers... so that's a no-go for now, but fear not Taski, for your gift is own the way! (yeah... you better be scared >:3)

Anyways, in the New Year, expect it.

Damaris

I have sketched, and inked, and am now kicking photoshop repeatedly.  I'll start coloring once I get Darkmoon to fix my stupidity. (He usually sets stuff up for me.  He is well trained)

Of course, the picture sucks, and I am full of fail, but I tried very hard.  I hope my person doesn't hate it.

*edit*  Finally finished coloring it!  I have it uploaded:

http://www.inverteddungeon.com/Sig/JediIwarkura.jpg

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Zina

Awesome, thanks Damaris! I'll show Jedi once she gets online. I'm sure she'll love it. X3

Dakata

ITOS gave me my present. :3 Dunno if he gave the URL to you or not, Zina.

[Click]

Tapewolf

Was Middletails' amazing rendition of Miaka a latecomer or something?  I don't remember seeing it before.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zina

Nope, she even turned it in early.

And a few more late gifts are up, including Mirr's pic for King of Hearts/Reitei. It's lovely, so give it a look.

e_voyager

i know secret santa is over and all but i really would like to be  able to get a color scheme for the picture. i just can't call it finished as it is.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Nikki

I shall have mine in this weekend, and hopefully i won't be grounded D:

if not, i'll scan it here at school and send it in...just working on a few nit-bits. :eager

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Zina

Amber Williams

I figure this baby has had her run...so I'm gonna stuff her into the Treasury.