11/13/11 [DMFA #1263] - Run to the Hills....

Started by Ross, November 13, 2011, 11:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

...Quill just went from logical and understanding to full on dominatrix!   :mowdizzy  My brain is exploding!

I wonder if that's one of the reasons she knows Destania.... (http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Ab_100.php)

Whatever the case may be, her point is indeed well made.  Hopefully Dan has a relatively fun and calm rest of his first day!

...Also, that smile in the last panel is both pleasant and terrifying...

joshofspam

Ah, yes.

Jakob best be set to Dash.

Lest he wants to receive the Lash.

Though I doubt Dan will go long without being confronted by people that will put him in a position of confronting his family history for bad or good.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Maark30

I think it is more than facing the history, it is being the known face of the clan.  For better or worse, Cyra has made him her ambassador, and that has its own headaches.  All of the creatures that may want his Grandmother and Mother dead are just the icing on his happy cake.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kipiru

I'm guessing Jakob's troubles are just starting... to chase him  >:3

Sofox

Looks like Jakob is now the official whipping boy.

Emerauld Drathmir

Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

justacritic

Quote from: joshofspam on November 14, 2011, 12:08:57 AM

Jakob best be set to Dash.

Lest he wants to receive the Lash.

But in even more pain he'll be

Once Fa'lina hits him automatically

And Jakob crash and fall

and soon he'll recall that "There's no running in the halls"

Farry

Right. About the Project Future Webcomic:  I'd glanced at this forum before, seen Tape's signature graphic, noted that "Jakob Pettersohn" had the look of a worked out story: maybe a fan webcomic or fan fiction. So I clicked on the bar -- nope. Clicked on each link at the bottom -- nope. So evidently I was wrong.

I pass through here again, and see comments that indicate that it clearly is a live story -- so where the heck?  So I click all the same places as before -- and FINALLY spot the "Project Future" box tacked on the end.  So it actually is a webcomic, and reasonably entertaining at that, and worth the hour or two to read through it. And it deserves better highlighting that a counter-intuitive cognitively-deficient link, even if it is "canonically asynchronous" to DMFA.

Dare I suggest a better name than "Project Future"? Dunno, but that doesn't say webcomic to me. And change the bar to read "Jakob Pettersohn Webcomic" instead of "Chronicles of..."? And make that bar an active link. Dunno how much control you've got over the signature-bar behaviour in this forum.  The canonical difference issue should be mentioned on it's "about" page, though.

Anyway, the comic's good enough for me to create an account to say this piece.

Mao

Welcome to the forums, passingthrough.  While I'm sure Tape appreciates your feedback, it might have been better placed put into his subforum here (Link!) on clockwork mansion, or even in a PM to him as these are suggestions directly to him concerning his comic and not DMFA specifically.  :)

Speaking of Tape... I almost wonder if a cross reference to this part of the cameo has/will show up in his comic.  It could get a few chuckles if done right, for sure.

Tapewolf

Quote from: passingthrough on November 14, 2011, 11:47:13 AM
Right. About the Project Future Webcomic:  I'd glanced at this forum before, seen Tape's signature graphic, noted that "Jakob Pettersohn" had the look of a worked out story: maybe a fan webcomic or fan fiction. So I clicked on the bar -- nope. Clicked on each link at the bottom -- nope. So evidently I was wrong.

It's a bit more complex than that and I'm not feeling well so I don't know how much sense this will make.
My current signature bar has three components.  The one on the left goes from way back and I should probably revise it.  What's probably confusing you is the 'Chronicles of Jakob Pettersohn' label at the top.
That's actually the name of the original story, which 'Project Future' was a followup to.  I'm not very proud of it now.  But since it's not strictly about the comic, having it link there would perhaps be counter-intuitive.

The middle section is the fan-bar, which is a sort of shout-out.  Again, it doesn't really have anything to do with the comic as such.  The actual link to the comic was tacked on the end after Amber complained when it was removed.
Perhaps I should look at putting back a proper banner for it, but that would be bending the forum rules somewhat.

QuoteDare I suggest a better name than "Project Future"? Dunno, but that doesn't say webcomic to me. And change the bar to read "Jakob Pettersohn Webcomic" instead of "Chronicles of..."?
FWIW I'm looking at migrating the URL to 'projectfuturecomic.com' instead of project-future.org, but that will be a slow process.
Again, 'Chronicles' would only add to the confusion, though I probably should retire that bar by now.  As for renaming the comic itself, it might be a bit late to rename the thing after it's been up for nearly 4 years :-/

By the way, DMFA and other Xepher.net sites have a rotating banner which will display the official PF banner, and there is a link to the comic in the section of the forum devoted to it.

Thanks for your comments, though.  I'll take them into account.

Alondro

*Charline de Lyon grins*  Oooo... Quill and I would have LOADS of fun together!

Though I doubt Charles would find it as much fun...   :kruger

*Charles hides under a couch for safety*
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

MT Hazard

I do wonder what the students and teachers think of former professor Destania, Abel and Fi seem to think she is pure evil, and Abels story adds some support to this. Quill seems to like her, but given what we've seen of her that doesn't mean much.

I see quill as mostly well intentioned but not averse to being mean and violent.

As for Quill and Jakob, would a man chasing a woman be as funny? More funny, less funny?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Surzsha

I should have known that Quill would whip out the.... whip. The chance always spikes up to 110% when one goes to SAIA.

Quote from: MT Hazard on November 14, 2011, 01:16:05 PM
As for Quill and Jakob, would a man chasing a woman be as funny? More funny, less funny?

It can be just as, or more funny, but with regular society decreeing that all men are aggressive it normally isn't seen that way. Which kinda blows.

Madmann135

warriors arms and child bearing hips... many videogame characters would love her... many nerds would swoon over her... now if only she was not as much of a dominating predator.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

justacritic

Quote from: Madmann135 on November 14, 2011, 06:37:22 PM
warriors arms and child bearing hips... many videogame characters would love her... many nerds would swoon over her... now if only she was not as much of a dominating predator.

And another percentage of people will enjoy that, just goes to show
What a wonderful world this is.

FairWage22

Something else that's kind of interesting is that Quill is insightful enough to start on the task of 'not hurting' Dan by keeping Jakob... tied up.

And yeah, I'm just waiting for that pink fist  or dress to be standing in the next frame in the foreground as Dan and co. head off.

"NO RUNNING IN THE HALLS!"
For decades I viewed myself as a 'wageslave', captive to whims of others and not realizing that by Naming myself that I *defined* myself.

Now many years older and wiser, I am trying to be the change  I want to see.

Tarakona

I have a serious girl-crush on Quill, now. Seriously, that picture is going on my mirror to inspire me to work out.

As a fan of Project Future, may I say that Amber does Yakob much justice, and I agree that he needs to spend more time shirtless. *rowr*

-Tara

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Madmann135 on November 14, 2011, 06:37:22 PM

Are you crazy? That's just another item to her list of irresitable charms! >:3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Wageslave94 on November 14, 2011, 10:07:04 PM
And yeah, I'm just waiting for that pink fist  or dress to be standing in the next frame in the foreground as Dan and co. head off.

I think it's probably a jump cut to Lost Lake.

EDIT:

Quote from: Tarakona on November 15, 2011, 01:08:58 AM
As a fan of Project Future, may I say that Amber does Yakob much justice, and I agree that he needs to spend more time shirtless. *rowr*

Not that I want to promote my own stuff here too much, but the 'Dark Angel' backstory might be of interest to you, since it's set in mid-summer.  Merlin is drawing it after Spooks had to step down.

Ryy Lazurus

Tarakona

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 15, 2011, 03:15:25 AM
Quote from: Wageslave94 on November 14, 2011, 10:07:04 PM
And yeah, I'm just waiting for that pink fist  or dress to be standing in the next frame in the foreground as Dan and co. head off.

I think it's probably a jump cut to Lost Lake.

EDIT:

Quote from: Tarakona on November 15, 2011, 01:08:58 AM

Not that I want to promote my own stuff here too much, but the 'Dark Angel' backstory might be of interest to you, since it's set in mid-summer.  Merlin is drawing it after Spooks had to step down.

Thank you! *scurries off to read*