22/04/2011 [PF #Filler] My Little Ren! My Little Ren! Eh?

Started by joshofspam, April 23, 2011, 01:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshofspam

It seems like we're having a case of Pony infestation on the Internet these days.

The one plague that you don't mind getting is quite prominent these days. I'm almost tempted to ask when will Ren Ponify the Project Future cast for filler. :boogie
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Sienna Maiu - M T

*snrk*

I should also mention; that is likely the creepiest MLP I have ever seen.
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on April 23, 2011, 01:39:53 AM
*snrk*

I should also mention; that is likely the creepiest MLP I have ever seen.

It was a quick hack, a few changes to the body and a very quick respray in Ren's colours.
If Ren is still not around by monday I'll run the QFR page instead and you'll get to see it properly.

And FWIW I'm not planning to archive this page in the main archives, so it's not strictly page 167 yet.

EDIT:
Quote from: joshofspam on April 23, 2011, 01:31:14 AM
I'm almost tempted to ask when will Ren Ponify the Project Future cast for filler. :boogie

I was trying to arrange something like that, but didn't get too far with it.   What you're seeing here is sort of an outtake from that.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sind

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

ShadesFox

One of us! Use the power of friendship to draw comics!
The All Purpose Fox

Sienna Maiu - M T

*snrk*

Quick question... I've heard of these so-called "bronies". Is it brawn-ies as I originally thought, or is it bro-nies as I came to think made more sense?
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

Raskahn

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on April 24, 2011, 09:51:19 PM
*snrk*

Quick question... I've heard of these so-called "bronies". Is it brawn-ies as I originally thought, or is it bro-nies as I came to think made more sense?

Well, you got me mind boggling for a few hours. Several Google searches later and, I'm still being told "Are you looking for "Brownies"?

Sind

It's bro-nies, as it is derived from mixing the word "bro" with "ponies" =3

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Sind on April 25, 2011, 12:10:35 PM
It's bro-nies, as it is derived from mixing the word "bro" with "ponies" =3

I agree that this makes far more sense.

Oh them kids and their word-play.
my art thread

Eratosofcyrene

:eek Oh no the ponies had broke the the barrier to Project Future. Its only a matter of time before they reach DMFA. Amber must be warned. Run for the hills!!! (Runs away screaming)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Eratosofcyrene on April 25, 2011, 04:03:58 PM
:eek Oh no the ponies had broke the the barrier to Project Future. Its only a matter of time before they reach DMFA. Amber but be warned. Run for the hills!!! (Runs away screaming)

I may have mentioned this before, but it really is true:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/dmfa/DMFA_MLP.png

...Anyway.  Still no sign of Ren yet.  I am thinking of running the filler this week, if people aren't sick to death of pony.

The following page (page after next) is a fairly quick and simple one from Ren's point of view and I have already designed the backdrops for it.  This means we may possibly have two pages worth of update when he returns.  Whether to use this as buffering or whether to run them back-to-back is something I will have to think upon.

Sienna Maiu - M T

My vote is on buffering it, and attempting to come up with some new and clever filler for this week.

But buffers equal love. Ask anyone.
my art thread

Tapewolf

Stuff it, I'm running the QFR page.
The holding page is now in the outtakes archive, and can also be found here:
http://www.project-future.org/strips/comic/fridge52.png

EDIT:  I suppose I should apologise in advance...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sienna Maiu - M T

Does this strip merit a whole new thread of its own?
It's a well-drawn first two panels and a hilarious last panel, but really... this is information that those of us in the forum already know, so I can't see us going onto the crazy theories-brigade.

It's fun though :P
my art thread

Ryy Lazurus

Hello, I just started reading Project Future two hours ago. I've really gotten into it!
Part of me hopes that Daryil is alright, purely because I want to see more of the character.
But I laughed my fat hairy arse off when I saw the sabotaged slide.

Thanks for this guys! You have entertained me greatly on this boring night!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryy Lazurus on April 27, 2011, 06:44:00 PM
Thanks for this guys! You have entertained me greatly on this boring night!

Thanks.  I'm hoping that we'll be able to resume the story soon.  I think the longest outage Ren has had so far has been two weeks... in any case we'll have to wait and see.  My hope has been to get this chapter finished prior to Anthrocon, but I'm not sure if that's still realistic.

Ellian

Elyza looks absolutely lovely in this filler. Got to say that, because nobody mentioned it before. But of course, ponies can be quite distracting.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ellian on April 29, 2011, 05:22:51 PM
Elyza looks absolutely lovely in this filler. Got to say that, because nobody mentioned it before. But of course, ponies can be quite distracting.

Thanks, I was pleased with how she turned out as well.
I'll have to upload her to FA at some point, though there is another filler for her planned at some point.

Tapewolf

Okay, some good news for a change.  This was a double-whammy in that the Moscow DSL service died again, and because of this Ren was dragged off to the Village.
Anyway, I now have line-art for two pages so we should have an update fairly soon.

Tapewolf

Sorted.  The captioning was an utter bitch on this one and took an hour of "How can I make it fit!?" to get right.  Hope you like it, and I cannot wait for next week's comic.