One more question for class.

Started by Kenji, October 26, 2010, 11:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenji

Alright, doing a third project in class. This time I need a lot more people, so by all means please get any friends or family to answer this as well. The good news is there is only one, simple question now.

First I need you to put your age. Then after that, just answer the question "How much money on average, rounded up to the nearest dollar, do you spend on fast food a week." If you have no idea offhand how much, just try a quick calculation. If it isn't spot on its alright, technically its not as if anyone else knows. :U

Damaris

29... and $10-15 for just me.  Darkmoon will answer for himself :)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Inumo

15, and... 5$? I really don't eat out at all...

WhiteFox

27, and 45-55$ cdn. per week.

Every day, I walk 20 minutes to a Wendys, and sit for 4-6 hours, and draw. Usually I'll get one or two medium Diet cokes over that time, or an economy sized combo that comes with a free refill. Either option costs about 5 bucks. 2-3 times a week, I'll get a larger combo  instead of a small one (if I skipped lunch), or a second small combo (If I stay late enough that I want something supper-ish).

I could save money if I went to the McD's across the street, since they have unlimited free refills, but their food is much worse (I compared nutritional information, and I've worked in the kitchen for both of them).
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

ooklah

29, between 7 - 15 (once or twice a week)
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Tapewolf

Does nationality matter for this survey?

And presumably when you say 'fast food' you mean actually going out and ordering it, so buying a pizza or burgers at the supermarket and cooking them up when you get home doesn't count?  (This may be a significant difference if it's about diet intake as opposed to spending habits)

Either way, mine is going to be a pretty low average.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Eibborn

/kicks the internet over

Ryudo Lee

29 - Between $30 - $70 (depending on if we order pizza or not)

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Brunhidden

26, and less then ten dollars

sad thing- i had to stop and do math to remember how old i am
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Alondro

If fast food includes local pizza and Chinese food places:  about $25 a week. If not, only about $5 from the typical burger joints.  I don't like most of it anymore, the quality has plummeted from when they used to prepare on grills or fryers.  McD's even microwaves the pancakes now.  SRSLY, talk about suckage.

I am 34.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

25, and on average about $10 a week

Valynth

23, $1.09

once a week, I get a burger.

Rest if the time, I cook.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

VAE

19, and depends how do you define. If going to places, with traditional fast food then between delta and epsilon.
Otherwise, about 15 - several times per week i take lunch in the department's buffet - some sort of sandwich (they also have free tea, which is awesome)
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Alondro on October 27, 2010, 10:42:05 AM
If fast food includes local pizza and Chinese food places:  about $25 a week. If not, only about $5 from the typical burger joints.  I don't like most of it anymore, the quality has plummeted from when they used to prepare on grills or fryers.  McD's even microwaves the pancakes now.  SRSLY, talk about suckage.

... How long ago are you thinking? So far as I'm aware, McD's has been microwaving their hotcakes since, uh, well, back in 1995. At least.

They'd take mix, add water, put it on the grill and cook them to start with, but they'd roll out a huge pile at like 6:30am or so, and then microwave them as needed. If you bought early enough, or happened to turn up after they'd run out and were cooking a new set, you could get hot-off-the-grill, but for the most part...

Did they work differently in your area, way back when?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sofox

26, €0 (Obviously from Ireland)
For me, eating out involves buying something from the newsagents and at work the closest places to buy food are the local canteen, a newsagent and a pub.
Every so often we'll order pizzas at work, or I'll have a store bought pizza at home but those are rare events (fast food should always be in moderation, otherwise the novelty of it wears off).

Keleth

25, $2.5 bucks a week

I -might- eat out once a month.
Help! I'm gay!

Mao

28, $12.  Wednesday dinner and Thursday lunch are my treat meals.  I can eat whatever I want on those meals and tend to always get the same thing.  Otherwise, I avoid eating out.  I don't quite consider them fast food as, often, I don't get anything that would fall under the banner of 'fast food' per the North American definition (greasy, fatty foods and the like from your common burger joints).

Alondro

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 28, 2010, 05:15:12 AM
Quote from: Alondro on October 27, 2010, 10:42:05 AM

... How long ago are you thinking? So far as I'm aware, McD's has been microwaving their hotcakes since, uh, well, back in 1995. At least.

They'd take mix, add water, put it on the grill and cook them to start with, but they'd roll out a huge pile at like 6:30am or so, and then microwave them as needed. If you bought early enough, or happened to turn up after they'd run out and were cooking a new set, you could get hot-off-the-grill, but for the most part...

Did they work differently in your area, way back when?

Yeah, in my area, until they did away with the griddles completely (which in the towns I went to was around 2000) they used to make the pancakes pretty much fresh for each order.  They might have a few prepared ahead of time during the morning rush, but they didn't sit long before they were bought. 

Our area's breakfast traffic was so predictable, they knew exactly what they needed at what times.  Plus, we had *gasp* efficient and dependable Mc Donald's workers!   :U
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Alondro on October 28, 2010, 04:26:58 PM
Yeah, in my area, until they did away with the griddles completely (which in the towns I went to was around 2000) they used to make the pancakes pretty much fresh for each order.  They might have a few prepared ahead of time during the morning rush, but they didn't sit long before they were bought. 

Our area's breakfast traffic was so predictable, they knew exactly what they needed at what times.  Plus, we had *gasp* efficient and dependable Mc Donald's workers!   :U

Er.

You can't make hotcakes from mix without a griddle involved somewhere. They used to have two or three in the produce bin, but the rest stacked up out back. Need more? Heave a couple in the microwave, then drop them in the bin for up to (IIRC) 30 minutes - that's the longest-living stuff in the bin, though. Everything else was no more than ten minutes.

Not to mention, the bag of mix that you add water to, then put into the dispenser to squirt them out onto the grill in specific sizes? That made, as I recall, about 60 or so per bag. Admittedly it's been a fair while, and I don't recall for certain, but those were the numbers I remember. Roughly.

Might have been more than that. Definitely more than one full grill, and one full grill was 5 deep and 7 or 8 across.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kenji

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 27, 2010, 04:13:16 AM
Does nationality matter for this survey?
And presumably when you say 'fast food' you mean actually going out and ordering it, so buying a pizza or burgers at the supermarket and cooking them up when you get home doesn't count?  (This may be a significant difference if it's about diet intake as opposed to spending habits)
Either way, mine is going to be a pretty low average.

Nope, for this one nationality is not an issue.

Quote from: danman on October 27, 2010, 08:50:30 PM
19, and depends how do you define. If going to places, with traditional fast food then between delta and epsilon.
Otherwise, about 15 - several times per week i take lunch in the department's buffet - some sort of sandwich (they also have free tea, which is awesome)

Defining "fast food" as any food you purchase from an actual eating establishment, that is not a purely sit-down restaurant. Even things like carry out for Ruby Tuesday (If they still do that, I don't recall) count.

edit:
Almost forgot, thanks for all the replies so far! Got a nice chunk of em now.

Gabi

31, and I don't usually buy fast food. Last time I did was on the 8th when Charles was here. I bought a sandwich that cost me somewhere between 4 and 5 dollars. If I have to round the average money I spend weekly on fast food, I believe the result will be either 0 or 1.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

SilentSoror

15 to 60 ... we are poor I make like twice that a week ... and spend like 30 on gas a week ... I subsist off of very little.  comically little.