12/11/09 [Xmas #4] - Jyrras Weaponizes Christmas.

Started by Turnsky, December 11, 2009, 03:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnsky

also, Amber's prolly gonna have her taco and eat it too this christmas *nods*

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Baal Hadad

TheAuldGrump

Quote from: Baal Hadad on December 11, 2009, 03:35:33 AM
God in Heaven, I hope Deebs is wrong....
Don't worry... she is....

The Auld Grump Frankensanta? Robosanta? The Santanator?

Kipiru

Well at least going down the chimney will be no problem for Jyrras!

KyleEverett

Meh, who cares about the side arc! If I had money I'd so donate. I need the yummy lore on the cubi clans!

Tapewolf

Quote from: KyleEverett on December 11, 2009, 06:43:27 AM
Meh, who cares about the side arc! If I had money I'd so donate. I need the yummy lore on the cubi clans!

That'll teach me to read the comic on a small screen and completely miss the rant this morning  :U

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

bradypodidae

Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Jasonrevall

well money for me is blargh so i feel bad that i cant give anything. Also i doubt this arc will be as cliche as deathbringer says. I just hope whatever happens it is full of jollification violent or otherwise.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Jyrras seems awfully nonchalant that his rooftop deathtraps just offed someone, even if it was just a weirdo in a red suit :P
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Sofox

He's an engineer.
Engineers solve problems.
Someone dieing is an unsolvable problem, so he's moving onto the next most obvious problem.

joshofspam

Oh no, Santa's fried theirs only one thing to do.

Jyras can rebuild him.

He has the technology.

He can make him Fatter.
He can make him Jollier.
He can make him on Budget.

He is the "Six Million Dollar Santa" :P

P.S. Sorry gang with not getting that right the first time. It's just that it has been such a long time since I last reached into my brain and pulled out an old T.V. reference.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Mao

Quote from: Sofox on December 11, 2009, 10:01:54 AM
He's an engineer.
Someone dieing is an unsolvable problem, so he's moving onto the next most obvious problem.

"Hey look buddy, I'm an engineer, that means I solve problems.  Not problems like 'What is beauty?', because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy.  I solve practical problems.  Fr'instance...How am I going to stop some big mean mother hubbard from tearing me a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer...use a gun.  And if that don't work...use more gun.  Like this heavy caliber, tripod-mounted, little 'ol number designed by me...Built by me...and you'd best hope...not pointed at you."

~TF2's "Meet the Engineer"

That's all I could think of upon reading that.

Dekari

Quote from: joshofspam on December 11, 2009, 10:04:33 AM
Oh no, Santa's fried theirs only one thing to do.

Jyras can rebuild him.

He has the technology.

He can make him Fatter.
He can make him Jollier.
He can make him on Budget.

He is the "Six Million Dollar Santa" :P

This is the only way I can see that going.
I somehow get the feeling that you didn't think your cunning plan all the way through.

Thanks go to Kipiru and Rhyfe for the art work used in avatars.

http://drakedekari.deviantart.com/

Scrap Fish

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on December 11, 2009, 08:10:41 AM
Mecha-Santa with Mecha-Gryphon Reindeer?
With present bazookas.
AWWWW... YEAH...
(Hey, I'm a mech addict, kay?)

I have a feeling that there will be more "oopses" along the way. ("Hey kid, here's your present!" *whooOOMPH* "Oops. Maybe I should have chronied the presentookas.")

Side note- donation drive! Save Christmas yourself! (Without the usual mishaps and/or large explosions.)

Just spreading the confusion around. There's enough for everybody!

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Mao Laoren on December 11, 2009, 10:24:11 AM
"Hey look buddy, I'm an engineer, that means I solve problems.  Not problems like 'What is beauty?', because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy.  I solve practical problems.  Fr'instance...How am I going to stop some big mean mother hubbard from tearing me a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer...use a gun.  And if that don't work...use more gun.  Like this heavy caliber, tripod-mounted, little 'ol number designed by me...Built by me...and you'd best hope...not pointed at you."

~TF2's "Meet the Engineer"

That's all I could think of upon reading that.
Darn, now I wish I still had that in my signature...

Quote from: Sofox on December 11, 2009, 10:01:54 AM
He's an engineer.
Someone dieing is an unsolvable problem...
Ooooh, I'm not sure about that... (darnit, beat to "rebuild him" references, too...but there are plenty of other ways besides.)

SquirrelWizard

Heh, this is gonna give all new reasons to avoid getting on the naughty list.
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Naldru

As far as things possibly getting worse, remember that Mab had said that one of her friends might end up destroying the world.  An army of self-replicating indestructible Santas with projectile present dispensers would be one way to do it.

As for possible endings, there was the Futurama episode where the universe was destroyed, but it turned out that it was a simulation of what might have happened if Fry hadn't been frozen.

It could turn out to be a dream, with Deathbringer waking Jyrras up so that he can go see the local department store Santa.  In which case, Jyrras might reply that he doesn't think that he could face Santa that day.

He could wake up and decide that he has to make presents for his friends.

He could wake up and decide that the presents that he had made for his friends were a little over the top.  (Such as an atomic powered nutcracker that can crack the earth's crust as easily as it cracks walnuts.)
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Naldru on December 11, 2009, 02:02:57 PM
As far as things possibly getting worse, remember that Mab had said that one of her friends might end up destroying the world.  An army of self-replicating indestructible Santas with projectile present dispensers would be one way to do it.

As for possible endings, there was the Futurama episode where the universe was destroyed, but it turned out that it was a simulation of what might have happened if Fry hadn't been frozen.

It could turn out to be a dream, with Deathbringer waking Jyrras up so that he can go see the local department store Santa.  In which case, Jyrras might reply that he doesn't think that he could face Santa that day.

He could wake up and decide that he has to make presents for his friends.

He could wake up and decide that the presents that he had made for his friends were a little over the top.  (Such as an atomic powered nutcracker that can crack the earth's crust as easily as it cracks walnuts.)

Isn't this the non-Canon Christmas strip? I doubt it will have any ending so coherent.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

SquirrelWizard

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar
Isn't this the non-Canon Christmas strip? I doubt it will have any ending so coherent.

Well it was non-canon, but now that Jyrras is working on it, I reckon its gonna have cannons of all sorts...  >:3
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: SquirrelWizard on December 11, 2009, 02:51:14 PM
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar

Well it was non-canon, but now that Jyrras is working on it, I reckon its gonna have cannons of all sorts...  >:3
"Canon should not be confused with cannon. However, cannon can be used to enforce canon."
xP sorry, I just immediately thought of that, and it is quite appropriate... xD

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 11, 2009, 06:46:17 AM
Quote from: KyleEverett on December 11, 2009, 06:43:27 AM

That'll teach me to read the comic on a small screen and completely miss the rant this morning  :U

I too shall attempt to donate, as soon as I figure out how.  This information will be very useful to those who write fan-fiction.

Who knows, maybe the Red Queen of Jyraneth Clan will be amongst the twelve after all.  That would be awesome.

Every time I hear about the Red Queen, I think of the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland for some strange reason.

Icon by Sunblink

Brunhidden

i was about to ask what species santa would be, but then i realise hes probably a zombie anyways so it does not matter all that much
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on December 11, 2009, 03:36:48 PM
Who knows, maybe the Red Queen of Jyraneth Clan will be amongst the twelve after all.  That would be awesome.

I don't think we managed a big enough bribe for that  :B

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Amber Williams

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 11, 2009, 05:18:42 PM

Yeah. Them kind of bribes tend to cost stuff like...paying for delicious dinner at Anthrocons. :U

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 11, 2009, 05:24:44 PM

Yeah. Them kind of bribes tend to cost stuff like...paying for delicious dinner at Anthrocons. :U

Sadly, I do not have the resources or the freedom from my college work and overbearing parents to visit an anthro convention. :(

The closest convention to where I live is Furry Fiesta, and even that's a 6 hour drive away. :cry

And the conventions always seem to include Mondays, never just Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  Mondays are usually when the most important lectures occur and when assignments are due.

Icon by Sunblink

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 11, 2009, 05:24:44 PM

i'd bribe ye, but i'm broke at the moment.. but, considering some folks here, you'll be financially safe, and have money for a taco or two.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

rhyfe2002

Quote from: Turnsky on December 11, 2009, 08:50:22 PM

i'd bribe ye, but i'm broke at the moment.. but, considering some folks here, you'll be financially safe, and have money for a taco or two.  >:3

Hey, tacos make for a delicious dinner :O (Lives somewhere where Taco Bell or the equivalent doesn't exist)

I know it's non-canon and stuff, but I'm curious about what species Santa would be in DMFA... although if my guess is correct, he might not even be organic anymore once Jyrras's done ...

Crawldragon

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on December 11, 2009, 10:00:49 PM
I know it's non-canon and stuff, but I'm curious about what species Santa would be in DMFA... although if my guess is correct, he might not even be organic anymore once Jyrras's done ...
Knowing Jyrras it's entirely possible he's got enough lead in him ATM to qualify as a cybernetic life form. :p

Naldru

I had a dream the other day.

A 72 hour DMFA Anthrocon Taco Party

The serving/warming table was in the form of a giant self-propelled pinata.

As it rolled towards the room, built in speakers blasted music (to the tune of Macho Man):  "taco, taco man.  I want to eat some tacos."

There was a conga line of DMFA fans behind it.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.