The City (OOC, closed until further notice)

Started by Boog, May 04, 2009, 05:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

Hey Mel, would I be wrong in assuming that Sister Alex did in fact take the headset offered by Payden?

Just checking.

Noone

Quote from: Basilisk on January 05, 2010, 02:23:11 PM
He noticed the mild pain from the roo-rat, though ignored it... it was mild and poor fare... if he was going to feed, he'd have to create the appropriate emotions.
Erm, sorry to be a bit nit-picky, but Kyirri doesn't radiate emotions, ever. What he felt was physical (not emotional) pain.
Quote from: The1Kobra on May 08, 2009, 04:32:51 AM
Kyirri does not radiate emotions. Cubi would be able to detect this anomaly immediately.
It's an easy detail to miss, I admit.

techmaster-glitch

Soo... been a week since the last IC post. Who's stalled on who?

Kafzeil

If I'm stalling Mao/Boog, I've been having a kinda rough week. Long story short, I'll get it done soon, hopefully, provided I don't sink back into depression somehow.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Boog

No worries Kaf, I've been preoccupied too. Job troubles and family and blarg. Trying to keep active on the forums though, in City I'm just waiting for a few more folks.

Mao

Life troubles and trying to take a break from this community a bit, will see what I can do tonight.

techmaster-glitch

Updated the Character Index, it's been a bit overdue. Removed Stygian from the actives list, and I also shunted murmur and Escher from the waiting list to the inactive list, as we don't seem to have heard from them in awhile.

Edit: aaaaand index updated again for the below profile.

Lisky

2 Very large and important notes for those involved

1: I have discussed the introduction of Bas to City for a little while now, with Boog... and this is merely an experiment and his playing will only happen when Ed is not in the City, for all intents and purposes i will only have 1 character at a time, the other character will either be sleeping off injuries, resting, or off doing something of no value to the game

2: If these characters are forced to interact, i specifically choose Bas because, in each of their back-stories, they have interacted, and are not very fond of eachother... If they are forced to interact, there will be no hijacking of thread space, no pumping up of either character and no long descriptions of their back-stories... their interactions will be violent, one of them (in this case, most likely Ed) will be left unconscious, and then there will be only one character to RP for, for the conceivable future of the game.  If someone wants to hear their back-stories, you can either PM me. Or, if you'd prefer, and it fits in with IC interaction, that works as well... My characters will not be working together as their is a long-term grudge.

Name: Baseel (pronounced Bah Seel)  Wolkshammer, AKA Bas, The Basilisk
Race: Demon
Species: Demon Canine, German Shepherd
Family and Associations: (Father) Leofric, (Mother) Katia, (Brothers) Chimare, Ragnar, Alaric, (Sisters) Claire, Chariece, Elyaina

Height: 6'4" without horns, 7'4" with
Weight: 230 Lbs
Physical Description: At 528 years Bas has been around for quite some time, and yet, none of his age comes through in his appearance.  Tall, and thin, yet well muscled, one would find him to be the poster child of the demon race, at least in appearance.  He Looks to be in his mid 20's by being standards.

Across his back, starting at the top of his head, and running all the way down his back is a near jet black fur across his front is a silver tinged with a hint of brown, running across his face, down his throat and down his body, and ending in pure silver extremities.  He has full black patches around his eyes, giving him an almost raccoon mask coloring. His muzzle is also mostly black, with brown around the corners of his mouth, and a silver ring right as his snout begins to broaden.  A black diamond shape sits at the center of his head and goes from between his eyebrows to the crown of his head.  Half the diamond is hidden by Bas's hair.

His cephalic hair is a reddish blond, and is worn in long cables, tied together with silver rings.  In combat, they seem to flail about as if snakes on a Medusa's head.  At the ends of the cables, various religious icons are tied.  If you ask Bas about them, he'll tell you quite bluntly that they're the souls of those who have wronged him to the point of deserving a fate worse than death.  Or, at least, the remnants of them.

Bas sports a rather impressive pair of horns that sprout just behind his eyes, they curve up and around, facing slightly forward at the tips.

His wings match his fur patterns quite nicely, dark at the top, moving to brown about the shoulders, then silver at center mass down. though the bottom wings are rimmed in black as well.  His wingspan is 16 feet at maximum, and given his musculature, he seems capable of flight.

For clothing he usually wears a dark, forest green tunic, with a black undershirt with gold chords for trim and matching pants.

History: The Wolkshammer family is a bit of mystery, wrapped in a puzzle, encased  in an enigma. What is known is that they're very firm believers in keeping the demon lineage pure, and they also seem to breed some of the most clever and racial stereotype-defying members of the demon families.  Bas fits this mold quite nicely.  He doesn't actively engage in random violence, and doesn't believe wholesale slaughter is the end all be all of amusement of the more powerful.  That isn't to say he isn't brutal when he fights, nor does he avoid combat.  He merely doesn't pray on the innocent, instead his mere presence usually stirs up a couple of adventurers  stupid enough to try and 'slay a horrible creature'.

He's the 3rd son of Duke Leofric Wolkshammer, his 2 older brothers are Chimare and Ragnar, he gets along with the as most young siblings do, they bicker constantly, and yet still love each other.  As the 3rd in line for the dukedom, Bas never had to worry about trying to build family alliances,, and his father was much more relaxed about what the demon got himself into, and who he was interested in, though Leo did 'gently nudge' young Bas towards demonesses.

Personality wise, Bas is unpredictable, yet friendly.  Despite his intimidating appearance, he gives off a very likable aura, something rare for a demon.  He is friendly with many, but friends with few.  Those who Bas does truly befriend, he would be willing to do almost anything for.  Very loyal, and proud, Bas also feels that honesty and trustworthiness are key, as one's reputation is all one has when they live for millennia.

Combat Abilities:  As with most demons he can harden his skin as if it were armor and grow fingers into long, dagger like claws.  He's used these skills most of his life, and they only add to his fighting prowess.  Preferably, Bas likes to fight with dark magic, and will cast spells ranging from consuming or shrouding the light in an area, to forming exploding bolts of dark energy.  Other spells of note are shadowy chains, with which Bas will use similar to Cubi wings, and his ability to create a beast, a "Shadow Fiend" as he describes it.  Which is more like a 2nd, magic-less demon, than anything else... The fiend is feral, and, although accepts basic commands form Bas, it has very little power for thought in and of itself.

Death Bolt (bread and butter combat attack spell): a basic spell comprised of pure dark energy, it's explosive power is based on how much energy the caster puts into the spell.  The bolt is a thin, glossy-black, arrow-like projectile that is cast towards a target with great speed, rough estimates but the bolt's speed around 300 FPS (feet per second).  On impact with a solid surface (either an opponent, or a wall) the magic is explosively released, expanding in all directions with great physical force.  If given enough time, and focus Bas can have the bolt explode inside a victim, making the already dangerous spell even more deadly.

He can summon but 2 items, and they are normally stored at his family's castle.  A massive 4 foot diameter metal rimmed wooded shield (heavily enchanted to increase it's durability... not unbreakable, but close) with a metal boss, and a double edged battle axe which he has named Reaper.  Reaper is enchanted, much like the shield for enhanced durability, capped at both ends, the bottom grip of the shaft with metal spikes, and the massive axe-head at the top.  Long, hook like protrusions form the edges of the axe head allowing it to be used to grab as well as slash an opponent.  

Trivia: Bas is known to enter and exit relationships at whimsy, currently single, he seems to be quite flirtatious, though usually not serious.

His horns are massive, yet he constantly seems to ignore the fact that they're there.  He's grown soo used to being a demon that he tends to forget the general social stigma of his race.

His Axe and shield were a gift given to him on his 16th birthday, and he has killed more sentients with the shield than the axe... though both pale in comparison to his body count from magic.

His title, "The Basilisk" comes from his use of flesh to stone... although it isn't common knowledge, Bas's particular brand of the spell hides the magic residue from soul-stealing and devouring.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh121/RentheKnight/Bas_Demon.png - For visual reference of Baseel, or The Basilisk

Also Visual reference for Edaric:  (thanks to Magic (AKA Dr. Ink)) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y253/theavatarbin/basilep.png?t=1266075878

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

OminousShadow

Submitting Character information in hopes of being able to join The City with.

Name:Brayan Darksoul

Species/Race:Rabbit Demon

Physical Description:At a height of 6'5", Brayan is taller than most. He has a slightly muscular and athletic build to his body. The only noticeable features to his face is a scar across his left eye and a part of his right ear is missing. His hair is silver in color and reaches down to his shoulders and usually keeps it combed back as to keep it out of his face. His eyes are green though the left one is a bit darker than the right due to the injury that had caused the scar across it, though most wouldn't be able to tell as he wears sunglasses in order to hide the difference in his eye color which he considers weird. He has 10 foot wingspan, and his wings themselves are not identical in appearance. His left wing is red and feathery due to some cosmetic changes he had done to it while the right one is black and bat-like in appearance. His normal clothing attire that he wears is a black and red robe with armor plating over his torso and arms.

Personality:Brayan is usually calm and collected, though certain situations and cause him to, from his point of view, relive terrible events of his past that usually leave him almost blind with rage that usually end with him collapsing after a bit of time from exhaustion. These episodes are usually far apart when they happen. He is also a bit of a daredevil and likes the thrill of doing things most others normally wouldn't do.

History:Brayan had lived with his sister and parents in a small town in the country with that was relatively peaceful save for the occasional attack by something evil creature that was usually taken care of by adventurers passing through. But one night the village was hit by a large bandit attack, and the bandits had one rule they went by, leave no one alive. Brayan and his sister along with some friends were able to escape due to their their parents trying to hold off what bandits they could for as long as they were able to. But not two hours into running as far and fast as they could did a small group of bandits from the ones that attacked caught up with them. Brayan and the others quickly decided on a meeting place and then split off into various directions to try and shake their persuers. Brayan was able to shake the ones that went after him and silently made his way to the meeting point and arrived there early the following morning only to find that his sister had made it but as unlucky enough to not have shaken her pursuer and was dead. Filled with rage, Brayan pulled out a small knife he had with him and ran at his sisters killer whose back was turned and jumped on his back, continually stabbing him till he was dead. He figured since none of his friends were there they must have been unlucky as his sister. he slowly started walking in the direction of the closest town, only looking back once to see flames and smoke off in the distance where the town he came from should be. After that, he vowed to become a strong adventurer and prevent stuff like this from ever happening to others. Since then he has wandered from place to place, sometimes to train, sometimes to help others, but has never had a set destination.

Combat Abilities:Brayan fights with swords and magic, usually both in conjunction. Often will fight using either a sword in each hand or using magic to control up to eight swords at once in a fight. Also depending on the situation might infuse magical properties into his swords for a short period. He can also use his magic to either give him in increase in his speed or or strength.

Brayan spent several years under various swordsmen to learn his skills with the swords and then several years under various mages to get the magical skill he needed to be able to fight with the swords the way he wanted to. Finally he spent several years in almost complete isolation, training in order to become proficient with the way he wanted to fight.

Other abilities of note:Has some skill in healing magic to heal minor wounds and injuries. Anything more serious and minor gashes, shallow stab wounds or slightly broken bones requires a more adept healer or a doctor.

Besides using magic in conjunction with his swords, Brayan can also use some elemental attack spells as well like fireballs, icicles, and lightning.

Trivia:Because it would be hard for him to carry eight swords with him at once, Brayan has a Warp-Aci that is used solely to bring him the six swords he doesn't carry around with him.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Lisky

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Boog

Lisky

well... i'm not sure where everyone seems to have gone... game hasn't moved in close to 3 weeks

Angel

I'll post this weekend. The gods of inspiration haven't been very kind to the kids, nor have the gods of midterms been kind to me. But as their siege appears to have ended, the post will be done.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Noone

I'm afraid I've kind of lost interest in this RP, at least with my current character anyways. If it's not too much trouble, could I have my character removed from this RP?
I actually only recently noticed the edit(s) to Boog's post. I suppose that might be why only a few have posted there?

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: The1Kobra on March 05, 2010, 12:53:09 PM
I'm afraid I've kind of lost interest in this RP, at least with my current character anyways. If it's not too much trouble, could I have my character removed from this RP?
Aw man! I was actually looking forward to the challenge of getting over this guy's paranoia...

Quote from: The1Kobra on March 05, 2010, 12:53:09 PM
I actually only recently noticed the edit(s) to Boog's post. I suppose that might be why only a few have posted there?
That's what I've been thinking, too...

techmaster-glitch

sooo...who are we stalled on?

I really hope this RP doesn't die off D:

Kafzeil

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 12, 2010, 02:46:38 PM
sooo...who are we stalled on?

I really hope this RP doesn't die off D:

Same here. I would never have gotten to do Jinx's mental breakdown!  >:3
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Boog

Ditto, I was sitting on the idea forever D=

We're waiting on... A few folks really. Aisha, Spots... I figure I can move ahead and have 'em catch up later if we're sick of waiting though.

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Boogeyman on March 12, 2010, 02:50:24 PM
Ditto, I was sitting on the idea forever D=

We're waiting on... A few folks really. Aisha, Spots... I figure I can move ahead and have 'em catch up later if we're sick of waiting though.

:3 No worries, I'll post when I can...I was just making sure that you weren't leaving some others behind too.  Plus remember I have only one free hand to type; being confined with an injury kinda kills a bit of incentive. ^^;;;  Rest assured I'll try to keep it up as much as I can.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Mao

I'd like for the rp to move at a nice easy pace, but this is a bit slow, even for my tastes. XD

Boog

RIGHT! Forgot you hurt yourself Aish, take your time and I'll try to have things moving along again later today. The management sincerely appologizes for the delay.

SpottedKitty

Whups, was it my turn? Sorry, lost track. OK, I'll see what I can come up with.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Lisky

Figure now would be a good time to say it... i'll be disappearing for the next 2 weeks, starting this upcoming friday.

First i have a cousin's wedding in KittyHawk to attend, and then staying a few days at the beach with the fam.  After that, i rush home, do laundry, do some last minute running around, and head off to AnthroCon... soo ya.. i'll have a laptop with me, and, as long as i've got an internet connection, i'll check in from time to time... but for the most part, i'll be disappearing... Hope to get posts done in everything that is owed first, but if not, i'll do my best in the evenings.

Aisha deCabre

I just wanna put up my sincere apologies to Gareeku, if he comes onto the forum to check the RPs, for moving his character along.  But the fact that he's so busy, plus that he hasn't been seen online at all for a few days, leaves me little choice.  Just a little helping hand. ^^;
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Angel

Hey guys! Sorry if this ends up holding up the RP a huge amount, but I'm going to be gone for a week as of tomorrow. I'm going to visit my boyfriend and I've decided not to take my laptop with me due to the amount of scheduling he's done for my visit. So, while I will try to get a post in before I leave to explain what's going on with the kids, I won't be able to post anything else beyond that till August. So, until then, good luck and see you all later!  :3
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Boog

Actually, Tech, the roach is of normal size. It just happened to brush near one of those super-sensitive microphones on the van.

techmaster-glitch

Ah, huh. Will edit now...

EDIT: And on another note, the Character Index has been updated again.

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

techmaster-glitch

So, uh....is this still alive at all, Boog? I really hope it is, this is a great RP :<

And who else is still in, if this is still alive?

Boog

It IS alive. I've been busy, what with school and job and real life drama, but I hope to get a post up this weekend if not sooner. As for who's still in it... I have a good idea, but there's a few I'm not sure about. Roll call!