The City (OOC, closed until further notice)

Started by Boog, May 04, 2009, 05:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boog

It would be par for course for this morning, but no, she just considers the flourish tacky.

llearch n'n'daCorna

What a shame. Witt does it because it keeps his hands limber, not because it looks good.

Also, it requires a certain dexterity, and hence proves the alcohol he's knocked back has no effect on him. Or would, if anyone was paying any attention...

Edit:
... I'll admit, it's tacky, though. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

I have made a slight addition to my profile, adding the info to what will be referred to from now on as the van's "sensor stack" that is used in my most recent post (and I can't believe I forgot to at least mention it originally). While I did make it quite limited, if you don't like that it seems to have come out of nowhere, boogeyman, I'll remove it if you ask.

Escher

Righto, gave the profile a bit of a change. Hope it's enough.

Well, I wanted to keep his interest in books and career in dealing with written materials considering I rather like the whole paper ability the guy has, so I went for a somewhat similar job as a historical archivist rather than a librarian, extending his breadth from solely books to equal focus on books, documents, maps, photographs, and other media (though with a preference to books). Is that still too similar?

Lemme know if there're any problems or if a spot opens up!
"A witty saying proves nothing."
--François-Marie Arouet, "Le dîner du comte de Boulainvilliers"

Kafzeil

Already said this in Dead Frontier, but Rping is currently out of the question for the time being.

Really sorry guys, but until I return, Booge will handle Jinx for me. It will hopefully only be a few more days, but if my past is any indication, the Universe hates me, so I really have no clue as to when I could rejoin. I'll try to keep up as  lurker though.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

techmaster-glitch

Oh man, if Raek's really got a map of the city, Traxen is SO going to want that himself... :U Now I just need to wait for a plausible opportunity for Traxen to notice that it exists...

Myr

Ouf, forgot to say I was back-to stay for awhile, hopefully-if a bit early. But yeah, he bought one from Moze...and not precisely a map, but a huge book of maps. Heheh, still, should be interesting to see if he gets it or not...
'I've seen monks try and cover their ears when they hear these haunting notes, but they just don't understand that your soul doesn't need ears to hear.' ~Malkithe

'Sanity is a spider clinging to a fluttering thread of web unaware of the fingers reaching for it, catching it, plopping it in my mouth....' ~Myr

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh.

"I have a map of the United States, scale one mile to one mile. People ask me where I live, I say 'E five'. I spent last summer folding it."

Kafzeil

Well, what do you know....that didn't take long. I shall resume. May post tonight.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

techmaster-glitch

If you are willing to divulge, why did you have to leave temporarily? (just curious)

Kafzeil

computer issuses. Got a new computer and it wouldn't hook up to the Wireless network. Thankfully, we got it all sorted out.

Yugo

Name: Kaela Silverstone
Race: Being
Species: Wolf

Physical Description

Height: 6'6''
Weight: 200 .lbs
Build: Large frame, physically fit.
Eyes: Amber
Hair: None
Fur Color: White head, neck, chest, and stomach, with a predominantly gray body and legs.
Distinguishing characteristics: Tall, thick, and stocky, Kaela is generally large all around, enough so that most trying to find a fight tend to think twice after a good once-over. Subtle lines of age run across her face where time and a great deal of stress has taken its toll, and numerous scars lay hidden beneath her fur as well as they can, the results of a few too many close calls throughout her career. She typically wears a battle dress uniform and flak jacket with camouflage (and sometimes face paint) appropriate to her location or destination while actually on the job, but if she wishes to be a little more low key or simply dress casually her attire can vary considerably. The one thing that remains constant is the heavy pair of tinted goggles that she wears on all occasions, although it usually sits unused on her forehead.

Personality: Having learned to seperate her professional and regular lives, Kaela's encountered personality is vastly dependent on whether or not she's on the job. In a casual setting, Kaela is extremely friendly, outgoing, and generally approachable, often drinking with friends, making lewd jokes, and participating in whatever she happens to decide would be fun, although she lacks the flirtatiousness of her youth. During work, however, she becomes focused, determined, and even outright ruthless at times. Despite these differences, she is consistently extremely loyal to those who earn and are willing to maintain her trust, and will go to great lengths including homocide and other less tasteful acts for them.

History: Whatever one might think or know about Kaela when they meet her, it is difficult to mistake her for anything but what she is: a fighter. The well-hewn muscles and many scars of honor she wears make this clear. Hailing from the deep forest, Kaela grew up in a clan that made its living through both hunting and warfare. Using their skills derived from hunting the local fauna for meat and tool-making supplies, they kept the local bandits in check through ambush and hit-and-run tactics, receiving generous payouts from nearby towns in exchange for the promises of help and protection. As such, Kaela grew up in an environment where she always had a bow or knife in hand, whether on the hunt or helping fellow clanmembers to clean and gut the catches that their hunts brought in. Taught both stalking and combat skills, the wolf grew to enjoy what she did, learning quickly what her parents and others were willing to teach her, quickly earning the position of one of the bandit stalkers by her teenage years.

Unfortunately, it was not to last. Having made many enemies through their interventions, her extended family was eventually struck a fatal blow by a lightning raid on their homeland that had been orchestrated by a handsomely paid company of mercenaries that left many of them, including her own parents, dead or dying. Having been out on patrol at the time, Kaela had no chance to participate in the unexpected battle, instead making her first priority upon return a bloody vengeance. After extracting some information from a few stragglers they managed to catch on the tail end of their assailants who were hastily making their way back to civilization, the remaining hunter-warriors staged a tragic fire at the home of the small-time criminal lord that had taken the lives of their families. They parted ways immediately after, and Kaela, with no other skills but those of the arts of murder, took up a post as a blade and assassin for hire. She has led a long and illustrious career, and is now taking her last few high-paying jobs before finally going into retirement.

Combat Abilities: Many years of experience have lent Kaela an extensive knowledge of various battle tactics, and the older wolf shows her most competence when striking from the shadows and surprising her enemies, although she is familiar with most blades and ranged weaponry. Always doing her best to keep up with the current level of technology, she makes great use of both sniper rifles and shotguns, although she is still most comfortable with her mother's black machete, which she always carries in a thick wooden holster at the center of her waist. In close direct combat, Kaela relies on her physical power and agility, using both grapples and her knife to make quick and lethal work of an opponent, warding off their blades with the knuckles of her left hand. Ideally, however, they should not even see her coming. Kaela is patient, and will trail and stalk an enemy for days before delivering her killing stroke. The older wolf uses ambush raids and mobility to harry her targets and bounties, often using her speed and stealth in jobs where vulnerable targets are unprotected deep in hostile-held territory, always assuming that they wield magic and greater power than she can hope to wield. Without an enemy to see and vent their energies upon, whatever powers Kaela's opponents have at their disposal are rendered useless.

Strengths: Physically strong, tough, and both bodily and mentally quick. Her great resevoir of experience and style of warfare lets her draw upon previous lessons and often find unconventional solutions to problems.

Weaknesses: Kaela has no magical power, and when her plans of surprise and unseen attack fail against a powerful opponent such as a 'Cubi or demon, she must concede and make an organized retreat.
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

techmaster-glitch

Alright, yugo, help me out here. I recently updated the Character Index. You were moved the the "Nonposters/Dropouts/Unsure Status" list due to inactivity, with the Eleanor Jyraneth profile still attached. You have obviously returned, but with a new profile. Is the Elanor Jyraneth profile still active? If not, could you by any chance confirm Keaton's status? (and while you're at it, why did you go inactive and drop the first profile, if you are willing to say?)

On a related note, it is becoming more and more important that you at least link the character index in the first post, Boogeyman. Seriously, why have you been completely silent and neglecting on this every time I mention it? Me saying it over and over is starting to get old.

(completely different subject)
...Is it wrong that I am now -very- interested in future interactions between Andrace, Mykst, and Kali? :animesweat

Myr

Mmmm-yeah. I'm confused too. Either way, I do find that description mildly interesting...but still.
'I've seen monks try and cover their ears when they hear these haunting notes, but they just don't understand that your soul doesn't need ears to hear.' ~Malkithe

'Sanity is a spider clinging to a fluttering thread of web unaware of the fingers reaching for it, catching it, plopping it in my mouth....' ~Myr

Boog

Yugo's discussed this new character with me. Since Yugo's other character is kind of dependant on Keats' posting, and Keats has thus far been silent, I've allowed him an additional character.

techmaster-glitch

(minor note: I said "link" to the index, not copy it youself, so you don't have to constantly maintain it every time someone's status changes. For instance, It needs to be updated now with yugo's new profile. Rather than you having to do that yourself, however, I can take care of that and everything else that will come up in the future myself if you just put a link and only a link to my post with the CI. But, if you are actually willing to maintain the list yourself, that's fine also, I just imagine it would be easier for yourself if you didn't)

Boog

Mm, it's my responcibility to see to it as the GM. Thank you though.

techmaster-glitch

...I will not say the obvious sarcastic (and somewhat rude) comment...I will not... :x

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on August 28, 2009, 01:19:31 AM
...I will not say the obvious sarcastic (and somewhat rude) comment...I will not... :x

Good plan. How about you just try not posting at all, in that case?

Yugo

Keaton hasn't had any real muse to post much here at CMF, and since Elenor and Keaton are pretty much operating a duo, I can't really post as Elenor without interaction from Keaton. So I introduced a new character to play in the meantime (with Boog's consent beforehand, of course).
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 28, 2009, 04:48:39 AM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on August 28, 2009, 01:19:31 AM
Good plan. How about you just try not posting at all, in that case?
Yeah, you're right, I shouldn't have said anything at all. My apologies, boogeyman.

Escher

Er...

Well, I don't want to press the issue, but I rather deal with this now rather than wait 'x' months and 'y' days to deal with it later when I'm more likely to be busy with collegework than to bugger around with character sheets.

Is Keele, after hammering on his CS for a bit, different enough now? If not, any suggestions? (Preferably keeping his paper abilities along with a good explanation of their origin).
"A witty saying proves nothing."
--François-Marie Arouet, "Le dîner du comte de Boulainvilliers"

techmaster-glitch

Since you don't seem to have gotten a Round Tuit yet boog, I made an update to the Character Index under my post anyway to move Yugo to the active list and include the new profile. Feel free to either overwrite the existing character index in the first post with this one, or as per my other suggestion, just replace the one in the first post with a link to mine (the reason I suggest that way is so no one's ever waiting on you to do the updating :P )

techmaster-glitch

Hey boog, did my cameradrone find anything?

...At about the same time, he head a weird and distant sound on the external micophones again, and started getting a few faint and strange data readings as Pamcawv attempted to interpret the faint sound and synchonize it with readings on the radar/sonar/seismic sensors and some small snippets of other data from the cameradrones. Traxen was midly interested in whatever this anomaly was, but he didn't want to take time to investigate it himself, what with nearly being ready to enter the "City".
   The drones that just returned needed to be recharged, so he dispatched a new small cameradrone, slaving it to Pamcawv and setting the objective. The drone left through the top of the van, gained some altitude, and then began wafting it's way in the general direction of the source of the anomaly. Its camera and other sensors provided new data to Pamcawv, which continually altered the drone's flight path to bring it closer and closer.

(yeah, it's about the bus crash. probably not a real plot hook, but hey, I'm a player. I couldn't resist going off the rails :P )

techmaster-glitch

(heh...triple post ftw... xD )

Hey, stygian?
The rat's hard look lasted for only a couple of moments, but was gratuitously shared to Traxen as well.
Traxen's not actually in the bar, nor does he even have a drone deployed--he's still in his van outside (as he will be for pretty much the entire RP) and has no way of actually seeing anything in the bar at the moment, nor should anyone even see his van unless they look out a window. Traxen's talking to Payden through a headset Traxen gave to him. On the subject, Jess also should have no way of actually hearing what's said in Payden's headphones, unless her head was really close to his. Minor detail (yeah, nitpicky), but still...

Aisha deCabre

I just wanted to take this moment to let people know that Gareeku's going on vacation for a couple of weeks, and has asked me to look after his character in all the active RPs that we're both in for the time being...that's here and in MGM.

Just in case there's someone here concerned by the fact that I'll have control of his character.  That is all. x3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

techmaster-glitch

I...I'm sorry, Myr... Raek kinda had this coming from Traxen :U

Myr

Heheh, I know. It's perfectly fine. True, he has his moments-if he actually thinks it through-but he's still a twit when it comes to something he doesn't actually know.

Mel Dragonkitty

Tech, just to make sure it's clear, Payden never passed on the offer (or the headset) to Sister Alex so she had nothing to respond to. I wasn't ignoring you.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

techmaster-glitch

Actually, he asked you through his spiderdrone, just after he asked you about the book.

http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,6015.msg287834.html#msg287834

You never really answered specifically...