The City (OOC, closed until further notice)

Started by Boog, May 04, 2009, 05:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel Dragonkitty

You don't expect Sister Alex to remember an offer made in way back in July do you?  :giggle I know I didn't.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

techmaster-glitch

Yeah, I probably should brought this up myself, probably should have even said something back when you didn't actually respond. My bad.

techmaster-glitch

To stygian and spottedkitty: A slight terminology correction, but Traxen's vehicle is specifically not a bus, but only a van. "Bus" is a little misleading into possibly giving the impression that the vehicle is bigger in size than it actually is (though it is still about the size of a "small" bus, and in fact resembles that in shape more than it does a van, it is still misleading). A close way to put it would be the shape of this, but the size and style of this. Put those two together and throw in alot of heavy homemade modification and armoring, and you're pretty close to what Traxen's riding in.

EDIT: In light of Boog's most recent post, forget it x(

techmaster-glitch

1kobra,
He followed along in stoic silence, taking note of the drone Traxen sent to follow sister Alex.
Reread my post. Traxen didn't tell any drone to follow Alex, he told the whole van to follow Alex. Howeve, since Traxen gave that order while inside the van and not broadcasting his voice, Kyirri won't have heard it. All he'll see is that the van is following Alex, but it also won't be apparent that the van is driving itself, because the only window is covered (though it might make Kyirri curious as to how Traxen actually knows what's going on outside his van)

SpottedKitty

Slight addition to my latest post. I forgot about what Jess did right at the end of her last post. Assuming no-one else noticed what she did, that should be OK, I hope.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Myr

'I've seen monks try and cover their ears when they hear these haunting notes, but they just don't understand that your soul doesn't need ears to hear.' ~Malkithe

'Sanity is a spider clinging to a fluttering thread of web unaware of the fingers reaching for it, catching it, plopping it in my mouth....' ~Myr

techmaster-glitch

The man who communicated through the robots offered them a ride to the gates...
Traxen absolutely never offered anyone a ride :P

Lance

so i make a character ad its put on the waiting list?
sounds simple

Mao

Tech, mind breaking up that really long string?  Toss a line break in there or something.  It's breaking the page a bit for me.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Mao Laoren on October 23, 2009, 07:41:26 AM
Tech, mind breaking up that really long string?  Toss a line break in there or something.  It's breaking the page a bit for me.
oh, are you talking about PAMCAWV's speech? that's weird...it folds just fine for me at the hyphens... Oh well, I'll put a space somewhere, see if that does anything.

EDIT: is that any better?

Mao

techmaster-glitch

The rat hissed as he heard more of Traxen's plan. "It could take DAYS to get there on foot, pal. If you're gonna go up there you're gonna need to find some sort of transportation. Most of the traffic's hungry, so you may not wanna hail a cab." He opened the gate, "Good luck."
Um...you might want to read my post a little closer, Boog (hint: this is pretty much exactly what Traxen said himself, with the whole bit about "comandeering the first vehicle they see"...)

Boog

Yeah, he's just saying it because he thinks your current plan is a bad idea.

Tipod

Exactly how big is this city, anyway? Just out of morbid curiousity.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Boogeyman on October 29, 2009, 10:57:58 PM
Yeah, he's just saying it because he thinks your current plan is a bad idea.
I...what...? I don't understand, what the guard says is agreeing with Traxen's plan...

Guard saying "going on foot is bad idea"...that's what Traxen said.
Guard saying "find some transportation"...that's what Traxen said.

What the heck is going on here? Am I misunderstanding something?

llearch n'n'daCorna

I think: "going on foot will be slow", "find some transportation", followed by "most of the transportation will eat you"

I could be wrong.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Boog

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 30, 2009, 05:10:28 AM
I think: "going on foot will be slow", "find some transportation", followed by "most of the transportation will eat you"

I could be wrong.

Give the man a cigar, folks.

As for your question, Tipod, think roughly new york city sized in total surface area, but narrower and longer.

techmaster-glitch

But...Traxen said that, too...
...we commandeer the first vehicle we see that all of you can fit in..." there was a momentary pause, "...that also isn't cursed or housing some eldritch abomination or is otherwise inconducive to safe transport...
Unless there's anything else that the guard is saying that I missed, Traxen already covered everything...

But anyway, we're in the outlying suburbs, right? Surely some pickup truck is lying about, and even if it doesn't run, like Traxen said, he can just tow it around. All they really need is just something on wheels that the whole group can sit on. Heck, it can even be a rickshaw or one of those horse(gryphon?)-drawn flatbed things, and Traxen can even whip one of those together with available materials. Finding the intact pickup truck or whatnot would just be quicker and easier.

Boog

My characters opinions don't mirror my own Tech. You can feel free to do it. The rat just thinks it's unwise.

Mao

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Boogeyman on October 30, 2009, 12:57:49 PM
My characters opinions don't mirror my own Tech. You can feel free to do it. The rat just thinks it's unwise.
...huh? What does that have to do with anything?

Look, what I'm confused about is this: The gate guard appears to have spoken in a manner/tone that is intended to disagree/refute Traxen's plan, when in fact, the words he actually said functionally agree with Traxen's plan. I am seeing a disonnance between the gate guard's intent and what the gate guard actually said. That is what I'm not getting here. Am I wrong?

Boog

Ah, I thought you thought I was trying to discourage this plan.

The intent behind what he's saying is just that it's another group heading into the city with poor odds of survival, Tech. He doesn't disagree with Traxen, he's just making sure it's clear for the sake of his own peace of mind. After all, there's kids in your group.

techmaster-glitch

Ah, I see. Thank you, boog. The part that was throwing me off was this;
The rat hissed as he heard more of Traxen's plan.
This implied that it was Traxen's plan itself that he had an issue with, and the following dialogue is intended to illustrate that.

(edit: also, going by Mel's post, it seems like she might have misinterpreted that part in the same way I did, but oh well, we can just go with that)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Tech: What boog is saying (via his char) is that the pickup trucks that are available will eat the passengers.

Yes, The City is just that strange.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

Oh, traxen already got that as well, though he's working from the standpoint of "most"(which is what the guard said), not "all", which means that there must be -some- vehicle somewhere that is still reasonably safe :P But even if there really isn't a single safe vehicle in the whole city, Traxen still has contingency plans.

(yes, I am an extremely literal-minded person. How can you tell? :mowwink )

Myr

Heh, Tech, are you sure you want that book? Even if Raek's cleaner than most of his species, I probably wouldn't want to touch it without a glove after he's so casually stuffed it under one arm-in an effort to keep track of it, as it were.

'I've seen monks try and cover their ears when they hear these haunting notes, but they just don't understand that your soul doesn't need ears to hear.' ~Malkithe

'Sanity is a spider clinging to a fluttering thread of web unaware of the fingers reaching for it, catching it, plopping it in my mouth....' ~Myr

techmaster-glitch

Myr

Well, I'd hope he doesn't find out...*Snrk* Though it's probably quite visible-his arms might be thickly muscled but they're not insanely so.

techmaster-glitch

He looked at the van more closely and noted the decently large, and most likely, powerful firearm on the top of the van, which he had dismissed as some type of bizarre style choice the beings were on at first.
Important thing, basilisk; the turret is concealed under a dome, so no one's seen what's actually under it yet. Also, in case you didn't see (which I wouldn't blame anyone for not) the turret used to be a gatling gun, but after a discussion with Boogeyman, it was changed (I won't say "downgraded") from that to a simpler, and much less ammo-hungry heavy-caliber machine gun, and my profile was updated to reflect this.

EDIT: Rejected line for the part where Traxen's talking about how there shouldn't be any actual traffic in the City:
"Come on, for all intents and purposes, this is a dead city. Even if there are any people left, they certainly aren't going to be doing any of their old daily-lives commuting as if everything was all fine and dandy and nothing was wrong. I mean, what do you think this is? [Prototype]?"