The City (OOC, closed until further notice)

Started by Boog, May 04, 2009, 05:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aisha deCabre

Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Paladin Sheppard

Lisky

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Mel Dragonkitty

Sister Alex and I have returned from Pike's Peak, so we're here.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Mao

Still here.  I don't know if there's anything needed from me.  Looked like the last thing concerning my area was about the other guy with me, just after I exited.  I'd say it was waiting on action from him.

Angel

Offline, off-kilter, and offbeat, but here.  :)

In other news: HOLY CRAP GUYS I'M ALIVE!
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Kafzeil

STill aroun,d and I beleive Mao was waiting on me.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

techmaster-glitch

I do feel slightly guilty about my latest post, it almost feels like "cheating" by being too "genre-savvy"...but Traxen's not the type to ignore an unambiguous warning previous, and from what he's already seen, treat any given situation with the proper respect.

...And I also finally got to play his "macgyver" technical-skills. yay! xD

(side note; yes, the electric prod could also fry some of the mechanisms themselves as he's jabbing into them, but most of the things are overrbuilt and harded from such heavy modification, and he can replace most any small components from simple electrical damage anyway)

Boog

Ah, thing is, the roach was on the turretbot. It crawls off after the 'bot's inside the car.

EDIT: Ah, didn't realize the inside was airtight. Rather pictured a lot of clutter. I'll leave it as is then.

techmaster-glitch

The turretbot is one of the three big ones, and it isn't inside the van yet. Traxen only has the small drones inside, the turretbot has to actually be let in through the back door. He was -about- to fetch the turretbot when he noticed the camera. And....hmm. I interpreted your post as the roach jumping off the turret bot and crawling back underneath the van and up into it, because the turretbot is not in the van yet...

And yes, there is a lot of clutter, but I'm fairly certain I---oh, darn. There -isn't- a note in the original profile about the van being airtight :eek Hokay, I will edit out that line, but it actually doesn't make much difference, Traxen's still disassembling a panel to get to the roach.

Myr

*Prods the computer a bit* Sorry for the delay, I'm here too! But hmm...
'I've seen monks try and cover their ears when they hear these haunting notes, but they just don't understand that your soul doesn't need ears to hear.' ~Malkithe

'Sanity is a spider clinging to a fluttering thread of web unaware of the fingers reaching for it, catching it, plopping it in my mouth....' ~Myr

Lisky

*pokes*  Is this dead?

also, apologies for the necroing...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Boog

No, actually, I'm waiting for other people to post. Also I've had finals and whatnot.

Mao

I have to say that, with how things ended at the church I'm not sure if I'm being waited on or not, but I'm going to probably soon make a post.  If I am being waited on, I apologize.

techmaster-glitch

And now that the IC thread is restarting, bumping this thread back up... :3

Yugo

Pretty wimpy post, but that's really all I've got in me right now. Should get better though. :D
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Aisha deCabre

Sorry for the late bump, but I thought it proper to post my official resignation from this RP after telling Boog himself.  I just don't have much motivation left for RPing, and a personal decision has also left me unable to want to play as both myself and Gareeku.  If ever he returns and wants to play, he should be able to do so himself.

So...sorry guys.  Aisha's out.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

techmaster-glitch

Aw.  :mowsad Sad to see you go, Aisha, you were a good RPer. But good luck and farewell otherwise.

Paladin Sheppard

Awww Aisha sorry to see you go, but yes good luck to you.

Angel

Nuuuuuu! Aishaaaaaaaaaa!

...Well, sad to see you leave, but hope you RP again someday. We'll miss you. :<

Either way...is this gonna keep going, guys?
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Paladin Sheppard

I believe so Angel, Boog is just busy with work.

Lisky

After a few discussions with Boog, it became glaringly apparent that, in terms of teamwork.  Ed was probably the worst choice of characters for this particular game.  Given his willingness to sell people out at the drop of a hat, and a general capricious nature, Baseel seemed a better choice :o

So ya... Thar be demons again!

rammenstein

Oh yeah, new character time! Everyone say hello to Gabriel Angelos, Master of Explosives and All Things That Go BOOM!

Name: Gabriel Angelos

Species/Race: Cross Fox/Being

Physical Description: Gabriel is fairly young at only 24 years. He stands at approximately 5'10", weighing in at 160 pounds of lean muscle. A military man, Gabriel keeps his silver fur well groomed, with the trademark cross of his species standing out as a striking black. His eyes are yellow-in-black, and almost seem to glow with their own light. The tips of his ears and tail are a rust red. His attire consists of a form fitting, urban-camo muscle shirt, similarly colored cargo pants, black fingerless gloves, combat boots, and a large rucksack he uses to carry his...ordnance.

Personality: Gabriel is a very confident and straightforward man, a product of his military training. He can come across as blunt, but that's simply because he tells it like it is; he doesn't like to pussyfoot around things. Despite this, he is a friendly man, fairly easy to get along with. He has no qualms with killing if he has to, another product of his military training, and he can be quite fierce in combat.

History: Gabriel was born on a military installation, to two military parents. In fact, he comes from a long line of soldiers, stretching back many generations. From a young age he was raised under military values of honor, discipline, integrity, and duty. Even before he was legally able to enlist, his parents trained him in tactics, marksmanship, and unarmed combat. By the time he was old enough, he could already put soldiers of several years to shame.

Throughout his childhood, Gabriel had a certain penchant for...explosives. He made his first Home Made Explosive at the age of five, his first pipe bomb at six, and before long he had the skill to make military-grade explosives, given the materials. His parents not only noticed this, but actually encouraged it! After all, that kind of skill deserves to be nurtured.

To him, Basic Training was a joke. He was fit and disciplined from the start, and breezed right through. Coming out at the top of his class, Gabriel was selected by the Silver Claw, an elite Special Forces group his parents had also belonged to before retiring, as a Demolitions Expert. His training continued for another year, as they drilled him relentlessly. Through hard work, determination, and just a little bit of natural talent, he made it through, and became a full-fledged member of the Silver Claw.

Suffice to say, his parents were very proud of him.

Combat Abilities: As a Spec Ops soldier, Gabriel keeps himself in top shape. His muscles are lean, strong enough to carry and utilize his equipment, yet not so bulky as to hamper his speed. For general combat he carries with him an assault rifle, grenades, and a long knife strapped to his leg. For his specialization, however, he has a rocket launcher and, carried in his rucksack, extra ammo, rockets, demolition charges, claymores, and landmines. While he is proficient with his firearm, as well as unarmed combat, he true skill is in his explosive equipment.

Other abilities of note: Gabriel has extensive knowledge of both chemistry and explosive compounds. Given the proper tools and materials, he can make his own.
Gabriel is also very skilled at making booby traps. Combined with his love and skill with explosives, he can leave some very nasty surprises.

Trivia:
Gabriel plays guitar and sings as a hobby. He is actually quite good.
Despite the dangers inherent to his profession, Gabriel still has all his fingers and toes.

Gabriel's Ordnance/Ammo Count
Five HE-Frag Rockets
Five HEAT Rockets
Eight C-4 Demo Charges
Eight Claymores
Ten APERS Landmines
Ten Magazines 5.56 Assault Rifle Ammo

Boom.

techmaster-glitch

Character Index updated to account for some departures, and the new addition!

Boog

Rammenstein, just remember that I intend to keep track of how many explosives you use at a time and it'll be possible to run out. You mentioned your character can make more later, just know your max carrying capacity *grins*

rammenstein

Of course! He doesn't have bottomless clips, after all. That wouldn't be fun at all. I imagine he started with about twenty rockets, ten HE-Frag and ten HEAT, about ten claymores, ten C-4 Demo Charges, and ten Anti Personnel Landmines, with ten magazines of ammo for his Assault Rifle. That'd probably make about...fifty to sixty pounds in his ruck, methinks, just about the average weight I carry in my own ruck. In fact, I think I'll go ahead and put an ordnance count in his profile, to help keep track.

Boom.

Boog

If he got separated from his unit in this place he'd already have used some of that up, and I'm a little concerned about your guy carrying enough ordinance to destroy anything bigger than a convenience store. I believe I'll have to ask you to halve the rockets, eight claymores, eight C-4. You can keep all the landmines and ammo though, I've got no concerns there. Sound reasonable?

rammenstein

Not a problem. I've no qualms with compromising.

Boom.

Boog

rammenstein

Boom.