[Art] Arroyo's Artz and Craftz (as of 2/26/11) This is still here?)

Started by Arroyo Milori, March 16, 2009, 05:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arroyo Milori

Arroyo Milori

Fighterish Citrine

I told ya I would draw her next~ Who's next on the list~

Myr

Hmm...nice. Especially like the 'rough' style of drawing you've done for it.
'I've seen monks try and cover their ears when they hear these haunting notes, but they just don't understand that your soul doesn't need ears to hear.' ~Malkithe

'Sanity is a spider clinging to a fluttering thread of web unaware of the fingers reaching for it, catching it, plopping it in my mouth....' ~Myr

Arroyo Milori

Buying beats (sketch)

This I'm definatly coloring, the setting I had fun drawing. : 3 I had problems with the hands then my mind went boom! : 3

Lysander

Hey, that's pretty cute. Very nice work with that interesting angle. The little note adds a nice touch.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Arroyo Milori

Arroyo V4 sprite prototype

A heavy WIP, right now I'm trying to get the anatomy right (and possibly the shading.

Lysander

So far so good. Nice little details with the toes. I especially like the smaller of the sprites.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Arroyo Milori

Quote from: Lysander on September 03, 2009, 11:30:28 AM
So far so good. Nice little details with the toes. I especially like the smaller of the sprites.   :januscat
The smaller sprite is actually old, the tall one is actually the newer one. : 3

Myr

Really? It's still pretty good. As far as I'm concerned it still takes a good bit of talent to even make sprites like that. Keep up the good work, eh?
'I've seen monks try and cover their ears when they hear these haunting notes, but they just don't understand that your soul doesn't need ears to hear.' ~Malkithe

'Sanity is a spider clinging to a fluttering thread of web unaware of the fingers reaching for it, catching it, plopping it in my mouth....' ~Myr

Arroyo Milori

Here's a small preview of the picture so far, I'll probably get it done tomorrow. : 3

Buying Beats Inking

Also, I'm free for sketch requests tomorrow as well. but I'm limiting to three spots, no more.

Kipiru

Quote from: Arroyo Milori on September 06, 2009, 10:24:03 PM
Here's a small preview of the picture so far, I'll probably get it done tomorrow. : 3

Buying Beats Inking

Very nice! Developement is evident- very clear lines and great inking. I especially like the hair.

Arroyo Milori

U mad?

Something different than the usual, I'm thinking about using an inking tone to Enhance my shading a bit.

Arroyo Milori

Myr

Yeegh, been a bit busy. But I like the rough style-adds texture, in my opinion.

Arroyo Milori

Scientistish Aric

Oh shi- I actually drew a human. Ah well, its not bad I guess, but its probably a heavy WIP in design.

Arroyo Milori

DA and FA account on the first page. : 3

Urbanish Devyn

I absolutely like drawing shy expressions on Devyn, along with clothing that looks way too big on him. <3

Arroyo Milori

The hell am I going to make next? Sketch

Aric is a mechanic, he just loves building awesome weapons, gundams/robots, and anything out of metal.

Arroyo Milori

Amused Tierra sketch

Another simple sketch, I really should work on my digital artz andmycomic

and yes I was going for this.

Arroyo Milori

...What did you say?!

Just working on action linez and such. I hope I didn't make Citrine too muscular in this one.

WhiteFox

When the arm lifts, the deltoid usually lifts as well. Also, the wrist should be half as thick as the elbow at that angle.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Arroyo Milori

Quote from: WhiteFox on October 11, 2009, 05:31:24 PM
When the arm lifts, the deltoid usually lifts as well. Also, the wrist should be half as thick as the elbow at that angle.
Quickly noted and fixed (sort of...Can't really judge D : )) Thank you for the comment also : 3

WhiteFox

I've been reading all along, I just haven't found much to comment on. I kinda feel bad about this, since I was in the same situation not that long ago.

Regular practice is probably the fastest route to improvement, so I guess all these sketches are a good sign. It's noticeable that you're experimenting and pushing things: perspective, expression, anatomy, etc.

On the other hand the sketches end up unremarkable, compared to each other, so it's hard to come up with remarks. Most of the pics feel like quick sketches, featuring a single character and a bit of setting.

When I make comments, I try to find both supportive things to say (IE: What the artist did well, or things I like about the piece), and constructive things (IE: Suggestions for improvement, or things that bug me about the work). It's hard to find positive things without repeating the same comments for each pic, and just posting constructive comments can come across harsh criticism.

I might suggest spending more time working on the pics you post if you want more comments. Develop them a little more: inking and coloring are good, but even taking more time to clean up the pencils would help.

So, hey, keep it up and try not to get disheartened. With effort, improvement is only a matter of time.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Arroyo Milori

Comments are always welcome, but that's all I pretty much need, good or bad (but mostly helpful ones : 3 )

ZEN creative

I waz bored in school, go figure. : L

Arroyo Milori

Tierra's Commericial parody

With this picture, I also gain a new Signature~ Yay~

llearch n'n'daCorna

What's a commerical? Is that anything like a commercial? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Arroyo Milori

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Arroyo Milori

WhiteFox

Cute.

You could put a little light on the cheekbone. It'd give the face more definition.

Lisky

For the commercial parody, some subtle shading might help add depth to her face...

on a different note, very cute :3

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->