[Art] Arroyo's Artz and Craftz (as of 2/26/11) This is still here?)

Started by Arroyo Milori, March 16, 2009, 05:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arroyo Milori

I guess this is where I will dump my artz. :3

Deviantart Account
FurAffinity Account
Ustream Account
Tumblr Account

Request status: Closed
Art trade status: Open

AT/Request List:
(empty slot)
(empty slot)
(empty slot)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Page one:
Tierra's magic word
AWESOME ARROYO
Quick Gaia avatar sketch
The grim crisper sketch
Tierra's Wingding shirt
2009 small Arroyo ref. sheet
I stopped caring in the middle of this one
A sketch of Nole (I might color this one once I do some touchups to it)
Another Arroyo forum avatar thingie : 3
Arroyo sprite v3, take two~
Night at the Rave (sketch)
Night at the Rave (colored!)
Tierra's Lovely Melons
Arroyo's Business card
Resonance! Arroyo and Gaia Arroyo
A Fighter's Grace (Sketch)
A sample sheet of my V3 sprites
A Fighter's Grace (colored!)

Page 2
Muscle practice sketch-Arroyo
Eye of the storm weapon sketch
Bust sketch dump I
Yet another sprite sample sheet
Some...kind of practice sketch of Arroyo I guess...
Tierra's Delicious Melons (Remade and colored)
Arroyo's 2009 ref. sheet
Gaia Headshot doodle
The Wittle Matyrian
Devyn Sketch
Moonlit Patrol
Arroyo Milori practice sketch
Drawliet Law practice sketch
Down by the River
What Tierra wants (Sketch/ slightly NSFW)
Sneaky Arroyo Icon
Steampunkish Arroyo

Page 3:
Fighterish Citrine
Buying beats (sketch)
Arroyo V4 sprite prototype
Buying Beats Inking
U mad?
Raveish Tierra
Scientistish Aric
Urbanish Devyn
The hell am I going to make next? Sketch
Amused Tierra sketch
...What did you say?!
ZEN creative
Tierra's Commericial parody
Modernish Arroyo Icon
Page 4:
Gastly Thriller Sketch
Gibus Thriller
A Tierrable amount of Doodles
Clownish Drawliet
Comfort Zone Sketch
Project Ornament sketches 1
Another Citrine Sketch
Arroyo Bored Icon
Project Ornament Tierra
Project Ornament Arroyo
FlipNote: Arroyo and the Cardboard box
FlipNote: Arroyo Icon
FlipNote: Candus in a Bag
Art Summary Meme 2009
Giftsketch: Peria
Improvement Meme
Wading in the Water (sketch)
Wading in the Water(Final)
THAT ARROYO IS A SCOUT!
Page 5:
Arroyo Sprite Progress
Taking a Stroll~
Character Trait Meme
A Moment of Prayer (Sketch)
Art trade with Kikyo
Bonk'd!
Daily Prayer
Closeup Arroyo Doodle
I WANT IT!
Bonk'd Icon for Nurren
Quick Bust of Drawliet
DannyG Pyro BONK'D icon
Derrick Sniper BONK'D Icon
YOU SHALL NOT PASS!
My Necron Army (as of April 2010)
Japan Junkie
I knowz Fun Fu!
Arroyo Reference Sheet 2010
Ubercharge'd Arroyo Icon
Drawliet and Arroyo icons!
Some Soul Eater reference I made in a sketch for someone
Arroyo head sprite change
Flying Mask of Drawliet
Some doodle of a servant of Drawliet
She love's her Melons (sketch)
Wet behind the ears, eh? (colored)
Eriee Smile Icon
What are Candus pt. 1
Cruel vending machine
Some background design 1
What are Candus Part 2
What are Candus part 3
The Bleu Riverie floating Animation

page 6:
Random eye doodles
A slight Revision of "Brocken Spectre"
Brocken Reference sheet
Now Broadcasting: My Love (sketch)
BONK! Cans
Now Broadcasting My Love
Step-by-step Tierra sketch
Massive sketch dump the first!
Pyro's Brain Slug Sprite
Icon batch: Arroyo and Tierra
arroyo sprite sheet as of (10/9/10)
Profile doodle
Gaia avatar headshot for October 2010
Landscape quick sketch
Emotion Request 1
Emotion Request 2
Random Arroyo head practice
Jamballon~
Here's a quick sketch of Arroyo's hair affected by Gravity
Rough Animation test of Arroyo sprite

Page 7:
Tierra quick reference sketch (NSFW?)
Tierra Practice Page
Citrine Practice Page (NSFW?)
Devyn Practice Page
Failed What a Tail Page 1
Aric Practice Page
Tierra quick reference 2010 (NSFW)
Arroyo Winter Icon 2010
Coffee mug template
Nikolas head sketches
Cave Story Sprite: Arroyo
(NSFW) Tierra sketch WIP
WIP Arroyo reference 2011 part 1 (NSFW?)
WIP Arroyo reference 2011 part 2
WIP Arroyo reference part 3
Completed sketch of part 3
Arroyo reference 2011
Practice sketch 01
WIP art trade sketch (NSFW?)
Practice sketch 2: Arroyo expressions
Meditation (soft-shading)
Headshot doodles
More headshot doodles!
Arroyo and Tierra Icon Bundle
Tierra idle sketch

Page 8:
Arroyo Shades Icon (failed)
Desu Ecks Machina rough sketch
Stylization doodles
Mini Arroyo doodle

llearch n'n'daCorna

I fixed your links to remove the gaia online redirect, since that doesn't do much other than simply break things, in at least one case.

Incidentally, you might want to review the part of the rules that explains the format for thread titles... Just a hint...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Arroyo Milori

Thanks for removing the redirect from gaia, it's too much of a pain to rename the URLs from scratch but eh, too lazy but I bet you heard that excuse a lot.

Also, I'll fix the topic title. : 3

GabrielsThoughts

it's a freaky mix of anime and cartoon line art.... like Hanah-Barberra crossed with Rumiko Takahashi kinda.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Lysander

Arroyo is cute in all the pictures where she faces the camera.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Arroyo Milori

Quote from: Lysander on March 17, 2009, 12:00:33 PM
...But Arroyo is a guy. D : Your actually one of the very few people that said Arroyo is female. XD;

But hey, cuteness prevails all~

Kipiru

Your style shows potential, but is still a bit rough. Though It seems to me that the pics you've shown were done significantly apart in time from eachother and there is actually noticeable improvement. Keep it up!

Mao

I have to agree with Kipiru.  You've got some good foundation stuff here and from the looks of it you've been improving with each picture.  There's always room to expand though.

Not to sound like someone else around here, but consider studying some anatomy and use reference pictures when possible to get the most out of your drawings.  I've started using reference photos a lot lately and it's really helped.  I hope to eventually not have to use them, but until then any tool that helps will be used.

Lysander

Quote from: Arroyo Milori on March 17, 2009, 04:05:28 PM
Quote from: Lysander on March 17, 2009, 12:00:33 PM
...But Arroyo is a guy. D : Your actually one of the very few people that said Arroyo is female. XD;

But hey, cuteness prevails all~

*Fails...* Dang, I'm usually better about that sort of thing. Well Arroyo makes a cute guy then.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Arroyo Milori

I best lurk more for tutorials for halpz. Thanks for the time commenting~ Usually the anatomy becomes much better over time, it's the coloring I'm worried about such as how I should shade the drawing and such.

Oh, did I forget to mention I make sprites (not as much as I did last year but eh...)

Arroyo sprite v3, take two~

100% custom. I'm not gonna work on any clothes yet until I fix up his body.

Edit:
  Fixed your link. ;-]
    -- llearch

GabrielsThoughts

the redirect for the sprites, highlighted in blue, doesn't appear to be working... not that it is necessary toview the sprites. just thought I'd give you a heads up.   
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Arroyo Milori

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on March 18, 2009, 06:30:12 PM
the redirect for the sprites, highlighted in blue, doesn't appear to be working... not that it is necessary toview the sprites. just thought I'd give you a heads up.   
My apologizes, I fixed the link now, its hard to see the sprites seeing the link in the IMG tags made it a bit fuzzy. ^ ^;

WhiteFox

There's an extra http:// in the sprite pic.

Also, I sent you a PM.

[EDIT] I meant http://, not html://

Muphry's law.

[Edit2] Fixed the broken link to Muphry's law.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Arroyo Milori

Quote from: WhiteFox on March 20, 2009, 08:51:05 PM
There's an extra http:// in the sprite pic.

Also, I sent you a PM.

[EDIT] I meant http://, not html://

[urlhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaudere's_Law]Muphry's law.[/url]
*checks* no there isn't O-o?

EDIT: Ok I saw where it was, sorry ^ ^;

WhiteFox

Nice work.

All your characters have a great sense of motion and energy to them, and your coloring is very clean (IE: no grey jaggies along the lines).

The arms look a bit long, most of the time. A persons wrist comes down to their crotch, and the elbow lines up with the lowest point of the rib cage.

There are some anatomy tweaks I could suggest, if you want to get right technical. Cartoony styles don't really need a lot of this, but it's still good to know.
(One 15 min diagram later)

Yeech, what a mess. Anyway.
(Edit: Revised and cleaned up the diagram. Caption still stands.)

1: There's a distance between the chin and collar bone of about half the overall height of the head.
2: (Blue lines) Trapezius muscles. Critical for drawing a shoulder line. Squared off shoulders that follow the collar bone look really two-dimensional. Also, under the arm, there are muscles that go from the arm pit down to the back. Those are important for...
3: The Y and T rule: Drawing overlapping muscles makes the character look more 3 dimensional. This is the Y and T rule, highlighted by the red lines.

You'll notice the importance of understanding where the pectoral muscles connect and overlap with the biceps, the muscle groups between the trapesius and the latissimus dorsi, and...

Uh...

What the devil? Where'd you get that mohawk? Alright, thats it! Shows over!

Anyway. I hope that wasn't too confusing.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Arroyo Milori

The night at the Rave (sketch edition!)

Sorry about that part on the top right hand corner, it's hard to scan from a hardcover sketch book ^ ^;

WhiteFox

Woo! Somebody's having fun.

Nice expression. Only thing that stands out to me is that the pose of the arms looks kind of stiff, but otherwise the body language is very energetic.

I love the crowd, by the way.

No, really. I mean that.

Arroyo Milori

Night at the Rave (colored!)

Let me tell you, the lighting effects don't really do the picture any justice. X_X I'm somewhat proud how the glowsticks came out. I saved an extra copy of the picture not rave'd. : P

Anyways, just a typical night out at a rave for Tierra. Why did I choose Tierra? Only because her fun personality seemed to fit well with the scene. But thats what I get for listening to random songs by daft punk while drawing Tierra : P

Also, random cheesy action text is a go!

Arroyo Milori

Tierra's Lovely Melons

Click at your own risk if you want, I drew it because I was bored : 3

Arroyo Milori

Arroyo's Business card

Just a small graphics II project I did. It came out ok. : 3

Arroyo Milori

Resonance! Arroyo and Gaia Arroyo

This one took a while, inspired by an anime I am currently obsessed. Guess what anime it is and you get a cookie! : 3

GabrielsThoughts

let's see an obscure Anime set in the feudal era and modern times, wow that really narrows it down... is it inuyasha? that one where the kid gets trapped in the VR simulator of the fuedal era, or that other one withe the swords and everything.... as for the arts, it would be better if we actually had a point of reference. To me walking in on the art cold it looks like twins experiencing a mutual moment of trauma in differing locations.

the eyes, ears, hair style,  and other features don't match up save for color alone so if it is the same person in two different timeliness  one couldn't tell unless they were familiar with the character. I do like the colors though.

WhiteFox

Quote from: Arroyo Milori on April 26, 2009, 05:54:08 PM
This one took a while, inspired by an anime I am currently obsessed. Guess what anime it is and you get a cookie! : 3

Soul Eater? Seeing as how you said as much in the DA post. There isn't really much in the image that suggests it's inspired by a particular source.

The two characters are fairly distinct in design, but in the pic they look very, very similar. I had to take a minute or two to pick out the differences. If they're "alternate" versions of the same character (two different Arroyos) the similarity is understandable, but they still look almost identical.

Arroyo Milori

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on April 26, 2009, 06:26:13 PM
let's see an obscure Anime set in the feudal era and modern times, wow that really narrows it down... is it inuyasha? that one where the kid gets trapped in the VR simulator of the fuedal era, or that other one withe the swords and everything.... as for the arts, it would be better if we actually had a point of reference. To me walking in on the art cold it looks like twins experiencing a mutual moment of trauma in differing locations.

the eyes, ears, hair style,  and other features don't match up save for color alone so if it is the same person in two different timeliness  one couldn't tell unless they were familiar with the character. I do like the colors though.

No it's not Inyusaha, I hate Inyuasha

The left is my Original Character, Arroyo Milori and the right is my Gaia online avatar, who is somewhat similar looking to Arroyo but isn't completely. The clothes were different only to show it was a different person on each side along with features.

EDIT: Oh shoot I shouldn't have put the answer in my DA artist's post. DX In a way, I made them look similar in certain features to show that they are kind of the same. I might use my Gaia Online avatar as a Virtual image of arroyo whenever he plays an MMO of some sort in my comics (if I get around to writing the script : P )

Arroyo Milori

A Fighter's Grace (Sketch)

I'm not fond of how her foot came out and I couldn't fix it, due to the fact the paper started to be punctured by my mechanical pencil. :<

I'm debating wether or not to give it the ink then color job or attempt to make this into a painting on photoshop.

EDIT: I edited the picture a bit slightly.

WhiteFox

Quote from: Arroyo Milori on May 03, 2009, 02:32:38 PM
I'm not fond of how her foot came out and I couldn't fix it, due to the fact the paper started to be punctured by my mechanical pencil. :<

Feet can be a real pain. I'd make suggestions on how to fix them, but... well, they're not in the pic.

Ripping the paper brings up a few questions, tho. What kind of paper are you using? How hard are the leads (HB, 2B, etc)? How hard do you press your pencil?

Arroyo Milori

When I bought my sketchbook, it did not list what kind of paper it had and I'm not sure how hard the lead is. However I do press hard on the paper sometimes without noticing.

WhiteFox

Quote from: Arroyo Milori on May 05, 2009, 07:09:46 PM
When I bought my sketchbook, it did not list what kind of paper it had and I'm not sure how hard the lead is. However I do press hard on the paper sometimes without noticing.

I don't know if this is anything you're worried about, but it's all good to know so I thought I'd mention it.

When drawing something that is going to be inked, there are a few things that help. Hard leads, for very very light lines that don't smudge, and very smooth paper help a lot.

Drawing with pencil requires little to no pressure whatsoever. If you're putting grooves in the paper at all, you're pressing harder then you need to. Holding the pencil lightly will keep your lines loose and fluid. Also, the less pressure you use the easier the lines are to erase.

Arroyo Milori

A sample sheet of my V3 sprites

From top to bottom: Arroyo Milori, Tierra, Citrine Stone.

I haven't sprited as much as I used to but eh. I just do it for fun...and a forum game I like to call Talk in Sprite Comics >w>

Arroyo Milori

A Fighter's Grace (colored!)

Yay~ I actually colored it. I thought it would be nice to try something different. Unsure about the background though...