02/02/09 [DMFA #967] - Glowy Rat

Started by Lisky, February 02, 2009, 12:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Jairus on February 02, 2009, 10:33:06 AM
Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on February 02, 2009, 10:15:12 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 02, 2009, 09:34:41 AM
Would you want to disappoint Kria while she was hungry?

....the line about only having to outrun the guy slower than you comes to mind for some reason.
But what if you're alone when she gets "disappointed?"

Then you failed to plan ahead for the eventuality. Contingencies!

...granted, besides 'high speed vehicle' I think you'd be screwed anyway....
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Jairus

Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 02, 2009, 10:37:58 AM
Hope you're faster than her and able to maintain it longer than she can?  Either that or just submit to your fate really.
Well... she is a demon, with near limitless stamina... offhand, I guess I'd douse myself with barbecue sauce.

PS: Beaten to the punch!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Sid

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 02, 2009, 04:24:59 AM
Quote from: Sid on February 02, 2009, 03:30:15 AM
And nice to see that Dan got promoted. In your face, Fa'Lina!

I don't think Fa'Lina ever claimed to represent the entire race.  The closest that would be is the unidentified feline tri-wing succubus on the Council.  It's possible that this is Cyra of course.

I was just joking with regards to Fa'Lina basically being the most powerful and highest-ranking (identified) Cubi in the comic so far. :P
:boogie

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Kipiru on February 02, 2009, 04:54:33 AM
Hmm, in the second panel Devin's tail looks a bit scalped, like there is just a single stream of hair going along it's bottom half. Death and cyborgization sure took their toll on his looks!

What? Devin's tail has always been short-furred on the sides/top and long-furred on the bottom, as seen here... and here with him and his uncle. Sure, in death (undeath) he's lost a bit at the tip, but other than that and his arms, he looks fairly intact so far

No, but in Devin's case, I think he'd be safe from predation. I mean, who would want to eat 300+ years-dead meat?

EDIT: url link fixed
----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Alfred Schnittke - Suite in the Old Style (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Kipiru

Quote from: AmigaDragon on February 02, 2009, 11:51:38 AM
Devin's tail has always been short-furred on the sides/top and long-furred on the bottom, as seen here... and [urlhttp://www.missmab.com/Comics/Abel_52.php]here with him and his uncle[/url]. Sure, in death (undeath) he's lost a bit at the tip, but other than that and his arms, he looks fairly intact so far

Oh, yeah, hadn't noticed. My bad then, but I still wouldn't go as far as saying he is intact.

Mao

Quote from: Jairus on February 02, 2009, 10:42:26 AM
Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 02, 2009, 10:37:58 AM
Hope you're faster than her and able to maintain it longer than she can?  Either that or just submit to your fate really.
Well... she is a demon, with near limitless stamina... offhand, I guess I'd douse myself with barbecue sauce.

PS: Beaten to the punch!

I've got some Chipotle sauce.  I'll share.  Might as well go out with a smile.

AmigaDragon

Chipotle? Wimp! *hands Mao a bottle of Habanero sauce and a small vial of capsaicin for an extra pain boost* While I'm at it, have some freshly ground horseradish too.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: AmigaDragon on February 02, 2009, 12:59:00 PM
Chipotle? Wimp! *hands Mao a bottle of Habanero sauce and a small vial of capsaicin for an extra pain boost* While I'm at it, have some freshly ground horseradish too.

You missed lathering yourself in laxatives.

Just to speed things up.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alondro

I wonder if Devin does know Dan's name.  I'm sure it must have come up since Dan killed DP over and over. 

Sorry Amber, the groundhog has spoken.  6 more weeks of winter.   :/

My dad just came down with a stomach bug; likely norovirus, since that's going around quite a bit this year.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

AmigaDragon

The groundhog (woodchuck here in northern Minnesota) can't even get out of the snow drifts to see his shadow on this beautiful sunny 3°F day. Regardless, whether he could or couldn't see his shadow here, 6 more weeks of winter is being optimistic toward spring's return.  "Global Warming" my a... <click. NO CARRIER>

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Loose Fur - The Ruling Class (The Current from Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes

M

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 02, 2009, 10:40:54 AMI thought Fi was having its ears scritched at first.  Now it's looking more like a puppy-fight where Fi won't let go of the spoon.

That's probably it. Regina was poking Fi, making him agitated.

inuhanyo

I wonder if Devin and Kria will compare notes?

If Devin doesn't recognize a warp-aci when he sees one, does he know what they are?  Does Kria? 

I dare say they all know Dan by reputation, at least.  Kria certainly does. 

Quote from: Corgatha TaldortharPoor Fi........... Nobody *ever* takes him seriously. It would be amusing (at least from my point of view) if he went on strike until he got a little respect :p

But Dan hasn't gotten used to using Fi's abilities yet, so he might not even notice.

Quote from: TapewolfGetting more far-out, it also occurs to me that if 'The 'Cubi' is a single person, they might be referring to DP's incubus enemy - in which case Dan might be an envoy of himself.

But who knows that DP's enemy is an incubus?  Dan himself didn't know until well after the last time he slew DP.  We don't know what Fi told Devin, but I think Devin is misunderstanding.  And Fi hasn't corrected that misunderstanding, at least not yet.

Turnsky

Quote from: inuhanyo on February 02, 2009, 08:11:49 PM
If Devin doesn't recognize a warp-aci when he sees one, does he know what they are?  Does Kria? 

my guess is that warp-aci aren't a common sight outside of SAIA

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Brunhidden

Quote from: Turnsky on February 02, 2009, 09:06:10 PM
Quote from: inuhanyo on February 02, 2009, 08:11:49 PM

my guess is that warp-aci aren't a common sight outside of SAIA

its been established that magic useres other then cubi find no reason to own warp aci, and probably have many reasons to shun them. combine this with the knowledge that only truly stupid cubi broadcast the fact that they are in fact cubi, and its somewhat evident that warp aci are both rare and those that are around are purposefully kept hidden
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Still, if Fi's behavior is in any way typical among Warp-Aci, keeping them hidden might be a little difficult. Our little glow rat doesn't exactly keep a low profile.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Turnsky

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on February 03, 2009, 12:21:40 AM
Still, if Fi's behavior is in any way typical among Warp-Aci, keeping them hidden might be a little difficult. Our little glow rat doesn't exactly keep a low profile.

since they typically hang around the Cubi they're paired with, and my gathering that the instructors of SAIA primarily use them (Fa'Lina, Kittah, et al), i'd surmise that they don't get out all that much.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Akisohida

ANd I thought Lorenda ate the horrible cute mascot back in the arc of webcomic rating tricks. ;) Apparently Fi took its place!
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

AmigaDragon

That was overly cute mascot (last panel), not horrible cute. Then when Fi made its appearance, Pip got just a taste of its tail. I wonder if that missing bit of tail has any effect whatsoever on Fi's teleporting ability (like capacity, range or accuracy)? So far it doesn't seem so.

Tiger_T

IIRC Fi's appearance (or 'form' ) is somehow bound to Dan.
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tiger_T on February 03, 2009, 02:04:43 PM
IIRC Fi's appearance (or 'form' ) is somehow bound to Dan.
I think the appearance is the same as when it was bound to Fa'Lina.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Corgatha Taldorthar

I think that the only thing that changes is the symbol on top of the "forehead", not overall shape.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Noone

About Fi, I have wondered, if Warp-Aci can change their shapes, why hasn't he just changed his tail to 'close' that part of his tail that got bitten off. I figure his tail might be a bit shorter or thinner if he does that, but if it bothers him so much, I can't imagine why he wouldn't...

Aleolus

O.o  You know, I don't think Fii is going to like being called a 'glowy rat thing' by the people around him <.<  Maybe that's just me, though >.>

terrycloth

I think it's more than the magic user that summoned them can change their shape. Dan could probably do it for Fi if he knew magic, but he doesn't.

Brunhidden

get him a pair of fake ears on a headband so he can claim to be the easter bunny or some other animal besides 'glowy rat'

otherwise there's always the solution of shoving fi into a pet carrier, using him as a hat, or going to matildas store and get him a handy carrying device
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Lego3400

Quote from: Kipiru on February 02, 2009, 10:13:31 AM

Ugh, I'd hate to open that fridge: First shelf- file'o'mailman, second one:- delivery boy ribs!

Don't forget the Gardener fingers :3

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on February 03, 2009, 02:19:28 PM
I think that the only thing that changes is the symbol on top of the "forehead", not overall shape.

I belive it was said Dan can change Fi's shape, He just doesn't care

AmigaDragon

I think it's more that the owner can influence the shape of the warp aci. But what do I know?
Quote from: The1Kobra on February 03, 2009, 02:22:56 PM
About Fi, I have wondered, if Warp-Aci can change their shapes, why hasn't he just changed his tail to 'close' that part of his tail that got bitten off. I figure his tail might be a bit shorter or thinner if he does that, but if it bothers him so much, I can't imagine why he wouldn't...
If Fi could just shape-change the damage away, don't you think it would have already? According to the bio, its vanity is bothered by that missing bit (no pun intended, but noticed) of tail.

Baal Hadad

So wait....

Does that mean Fi's a male?  I mean, I always suspected but I thought Fi wasn't supposed to have a sex....

icarus

it probably just has a slightly deeper voice, or generally masculine attitude. therefore it comes off as male, despite not physically being male.

haven't you ever had a parakeet or pet lizard whose gender you didn't know, but you sort of 'gave' it one based on what you thought it would be? i think fi is a bit like that. pronouns applied only for the sake of convenience.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

AmigaDragon

As far as we've been informed, warp aci are sexless. Any gender identity applied to them would be due to personality traits