The War Continues (D&D RP OOC Thread)

Started by Manawolf, July 12, 2006, 05:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonvixen

A Potion of Cure Light Wounds.....When I cast the fireball I thought I had at least 1 critical wounds potion..but I did not.

Manawolf

I'm LN, dammit.  You're getting docked pay for dealing almost 50 damage to a commanding officer.

Zaon

XD I'd say stop with the spells before Mana decides that the gods should invoke their wrath on you J/K

honestly this happened once in a canpaign after it started >.> we really didn't pay attention and stuff

Dragonvixen

I had Mana with a LG alinment when I chose to cast... Since it appers my Alignment Data is off and I have a Major Alignment Based Caster (Based on Destroying G opponents)  coming up...PM me with the Correct AL, so I can find the errors and fix them) (The whole thing requires a certain number of G AL's...If I don't have them I'll switch the AL attacked)

The Post has been Edited to mark that Error....And to nullify that post....Since the robed Kuo-toan fell I'm moving 20ft before casting, I Take a AoO but none one is in the way... Oh..and My Conentraion Check was 13+12= 25....So as long as I take less than 13 points of damage the spell goes off.

Dragonvixen

Ok...Min was off....Quav was right. Of course I had min as N so that may have ben a typo.

Manawolf

Josh is LN, Marethial is LG (since she's a favored soul of Heironious).

Also, with where you now stood when you cast burning hands, you just hit Marethial, and only one of the kuo-toans (though at least it was still the cleric.

Edit: Okay, let me try to work this out.  First time you moved 10 feet to be behind Josh, but now you're moving 20 feet to be to the left of Josh?  Now, you could move 20 feet and be standing to the left of Marethial, and actually checking over the spread on a 15 foot cone (the attack shape of a burning hands), you could have hit both the cleric and fighter kuo-toans without any problems.

Reese Tora

Quote from: Manawolf on December 03, 2006, 01:59:27 PM
Josh is LN, Marethial is LG (since she's a favored soul of Heironious).

Also, with where you now stood when you cast burning hands, you just hit Marethial, and only one of the kuo-toans (though at least it was still the cleric.

Edit: Okay, let me try to work this out.  First time you moved 10 feet to be behind Josh, but now you're moving 20 feet to be to the left of Josh?  Now, you could move 20 feet and be standing to the left of Marethial, and actually checking over the spread on a 15 foot cone (the attack shape of a burning hands), you could have hit both the cleric and fighter kuo-toans without any problems.

If we're going to start using exact movement based combat, maybe we ought to have a map so we can see what our characters are doing. 
:tohell
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Zaon

only problem with map is he would have to update it after every move since as far as I know we aren't using intiative.

Dragonvixen

Just move me to the left of marethal...

e_voyager

who would host the map? i tend to avoid  moving until i need to move myself. that's the charm of the distance attack.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Reese Tora

well, a simple coordinate map (like battleship) with no characers on it was what I was thinking, then each player can declare his position and moves, and stuff, the DM just has to declare the positions of the enemies on the map... and I think mana is already keeping a map of sorts for reference anyway

It'd just be a jpeg image, so any photobucket account would do.

(completely off topic, I'm thinking developing a php-based tactical mapper for D&D, but wouldn't have a place to host it if I do make one, nor any art to represent terrain and walls and so forth.)

Dragonvixen

Mana, a few days, weeks? I  am horrible with time...I promised you a extra supprise X-mas gift....the time has come to reveal it.....(Cue Drum roll) I will be coming back to LA a week from today!!!! We will be meeting at The SMC students house on Saturday.....SEE YOU SOON!

Manawolf

Sweet, right after my finals are over.  Of course this means the RP will kind of be on hold for this week as I try to study my ass off.

Dragonvixen

I have the same problem....however we can get a lot done over the period I'll be in LA...The parental units will be busy....you have a car, and  the hotel i'm staying at is just across the street from the ralph's by El Petro's house.

Manawolf

Okay, time to finally give out the XP earned from that last battle.  Most of the players are now up to 33687, While Marosharr and Keothi are at 31322.  Finally, Quav and Ket are at 27863 (so very close to reaching the next level).

e_voyager

quick question whats my status skill wise?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Manawolf

To be blunt: Handle Animal +11, Hide +16, Knowledge (Nature) +13, Listen +15, Move Silently +15, Spot +15, Survival +15, Wild Empathy +10

Manawolf

Reese Tora

Just heads up, I havn't got any messenger working properly on my computer yet, so send me PMs if there's anything that I should know (like spot checks or what not)

I'll probably have the time to restore that stuff by the end of next week, but until then...

--edit--

If there's some reason you need me in realtime chat, let me know, and I can hop on the family computer for a bit to use AIM from there.

Manawolf

For those interested, I'm starting up a new D&D campaign on another forum.  It's going to be a gestalt campaign, which I'll have explained in more detail on that forum.  Here's the link if yo want in:

http://pholph.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9421

Manawolf

And once again it is experience time.  Having defeated the kuo-toans, and getting a bonus 500 XP from destroying the statue, the majority of the players are up to 34587 XP.  Meanwhile, The characters Keothi and Marosharr are up to 32222 XP, and finally, Ket and Quav have made it up to 28888 XP, meaning they have gained a new level.

Dragonvixen

Well, For me the Holidays are over (I'm Jewish) and I've come away with Races of the wild, Races of Destiny, Races of Stone, Complete Arcane and MM3...All of which were already in the campain. However I did get one book that Mana and I wanted to add into the campain from the start that neither of us owned ....Weapons of Legacy. So from this day forth this book is in Play!

Malakin

Sorry guys, but two days before Christmas i came down with a real killer of a head cold..

Now this may sound pathetic :P but it kills my eyes to look at a computer screen atm, so there is going to be a real lack of posting from me till i get better, but its not like people are going to be posting much at this time of year so it does not make much difference.

I have no idea when i am going to kick this, so i cant give a date when I'm going to get back..

Ah well, see ya all later...
"The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the
universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet,
there remains time to create, to create, and escape.

Escape will make me God.
"

Manawolf

I'll set your character to temporary NPC until you get better.  Get well soon.

Joshua

I'm sorry for my silence before. I just didn't know what to type as Sasha isn't much for sneaking around and trhen the combat was over so quickly.
*shrugs*
Well, if anything happens back in town at least I'll be at the frontline.  :3

Malakin

well im up and around again, i take it not much has happend ;)
"The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the
universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet,
there remains time to create, to create, and escape.

Escape will make me God.
"

Manawolf

Something will be coming up soon.  Just need Marosharr to get down there as well.

Reese Tora

backf rom my trip... and, you know, the second half of my psot about moving the rope to go down the other side, I did say that Marosharr lowered himself over trhe side at the end.  He was the first one down the rope.

Manawolf

Well let's see if we can get this back on track then.  Come on everyone, let's wake up.