The War Continues (D&D RP OOC Thread)

Started by Manawolf, July 12, 2006, 05:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manawolf

Everyone make it over okay?  I feel like some of you left the old forum without looking back.  Working on the transfer and was waiting for everyone to give the okay, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Malakin

Im here alright :P as i think you know, i am having problems loading the oldfroum ever since my connection started getting upgraded.. this forums has not had any of those problems, unless of course i lose all conectivity for a while..

Manawolf

Sheesh, you're the only one who seems to have gotten the message.  Well, I left another one at the end of the last post of the RP thread on the old forum, so we'll see soon.

Deaths Guard

I'm here...

When is the other forum going down?

Manawolf

I think Amber was going to give a month or two for everyone to get situated, so we have to move this over sooner or later.

James StarRunner

Well, I kinda made it in one piece. Didn't Azlan say he copied the IC posts for the RP?

Manawolf

I've heard nothing of this.  Azlan's on thin ice as it is, but this might sustain him if he comes forward about it.

Malakin

Nice to see you around James!

I think he said he was working on it.. not sure though..
You do mean the DAFFA RP right :P ?

Azlan

Quote from: Manawolf on July 14, 2006, 05:30:44 PM
I've heard nothing of this.  Azlan's on thin ice as it is, but this might sustain him if he comes forward about it.

Excuse me?  Who elected you as my judge and executioner?  Look to your own house and excessive flaws before you cast stones at me. 

Anyways, the RP is retained though it hits the 3 mb size limit as a Word file.

Edit: This thread is for Mana's RP, not the other one.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Manawolf

That's why I put the whole D&D RP thread to the title, unless that other RP is also D&D.

And remember Azlan, DM is god.  As god, I decide who stays and leaves based on various factors.  Annoying characters who never listen get the boot.  I don't care what kind of demeanor they have, if they're unruly little bastards, they will be thrown into the sea.  I also asked for you to state your name, yet apparently your character decided to neglect.  The title of "The Rogue" is fitting your character quite well at the moment, though.  You also have to think realistically, how much tolerance would a Lawful army have for an unruly subordinate.  Not much last I checked.

James StarRunner

Oh... I got confused since Azlan's RP was also based on D&D rules. Silly me.

Malakin

thought so :P

:poke what is the word on the DAFFA RP?

Now we have our tempoary GM back and as far as i can tell, all of the Rper's have transfered over to the new forum, what are we going to do about coppying the IC posts over?
"The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the
universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet,
there remains time to create, to create, and escape.

Escape will make me God.
"

Azlan

Quote from: Manawolf on July 15, 2006, 07:06:28 PM
That's why I put the whole D&D RP thread to the title, unless that other RP is also D&D.

And remember Azlan, DM is god.  As god, I decide who stays and leaves based on various factors.  Annoying characters who never listen get the boot.  I don't care what kind of demeanor they have, if they're unruly little bastards, they will be thrown into the sea.  I also asked for you to state your name, yet apparently your character decided to neglect.  The title of "The Rogue" is fitting your character quite well at the moment, though.  You also have to think realistically, how much tolerance would a Lawful army have for an unruly subordinate.  Not much last I checked.

I didn't say I "wanted" to be in the army... and no GM is truly 'GOD' (unless you were joking with that), they are referees, guides and teachers.  It is a poor GM that forces a group down the path he chooses for them.   Well, that's my opinion at least, so it is likely we differ on this a bit.  I was part of the original group that broke Gygax's Temple of Elemental Evil, when he was running it at GenCon, by going in the back door...

But that's besides the point, I'll try to curb back her personality... but she is one of those that talks to me in my sleep.  I really made a mistake by having DV create her... Astraea has been brow-beating me senseless for miss-making her, now its too late to take her suggestions and redo the character.  It might be best if you tossed her in the sea or she wandered off.  Then maybe I couldmake someone more to her tastes, this one is too much like Lorelei for this RP. 

Quote from: Malakin on July 15, 2006, 07:16:08 PM
thought so :P

:poke what is the word on the DAFFA RP?

Now we have our tempoary GM back and as far as i can tell, all of the Rper's have transfered over to the new forum, what are we going to do about coppying the IC posts over?

It will continue soon, I just need to get off my @ss and do something about it.

I thought about just posting one huge post with all the previous RP posts in it... but I dun think that would work, the mods would probably hang me or something.

Edit: darn it I will get used to this forum some day!
Edit2: added reply to second post

Malakin

Don't see why the mods would complain, the only people that are going to read the post are the RPers.. And they posted the stuff :P

If you need help copying stuff, i don't mind... got nothing to do at the moment anyway...
"The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the
universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet,
there remains time to create, to create, and escape.

Escape will make me God.
"

Manawolf

It would be beneficial to you.  I gave you the Gauntlets of Ogre Power, since it would bring your STR to 22 and you use a two handed weapon.

As for you, Azlan, I may be vocal, but I am also a patient man.  I'd be willing to help work up a new character.

Edit: Nevermind.  Anyway, if any of you are still wondering about what Rakuras said about use magic device for sorcerers, it's only a cross class skill for them.  Rogue's, Warlocks and Bards are the only classes that get use magic device as class skills (last I checked, and I'm sure there are some prestige classes out there too).

Rakuras

Okay, I'm here- albeit against my will :P Heh. MOW SMILEYS! WHOOOOOOOOOOO *dies*

Ahem. Just reposting from the other OOC: I'm gone this weekend for Comic Con. Thursday the 20th I may be about late in the day but the rest of the time I'll be geeking with the rest on a grand floor of comic bliss. So, NPC mode for Joulzen if needed and keep them healed Mana. You've got my spell list and hope to see the lot of your Monday or so. Toodles.

Tezkat

Well, I'm back from my trip. Looks like I didn't miss too much of the action.

Quick question before I get started on the interrogation. Given how time-consuming a back-and-forth interview could be, would you rather I play out the interaction in the RP thread or script out questions in advance?

Oh, and Zeth will be taking the cash, too.

Quote from: Manawolf on July 15, 2006, 07:59:56 PM
Edit: Nevermind.  Anyway, if any of you are still wondering about what Rakuras said about use magic device for sorcerers, it's only a cross class skill for them.  Rogue's, Warlocks and Bards are the only classes that get use magic device as class skills (last I checked, and I'm sure there are some prestige classes out there too).

Don't forget Beguilers and Spellthieves.  :mowwink It's mostly a moot point, anyway, as only Azlan's rogue has the skill. I sacrificed the great power of UMD to buy all those RP-oriented skills on my toon.  :mowtongue

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Azlan

I am also going to be mostly MIA due to Comic con as well. 

Manawolf

If you have AIM, Tez, we could have it all worked out on there.  I noticed with the negotiation with Saeoun it worked better to make questions playing off what the person just said.  At the least we can work it out through PMs.

e_voyager

ah i foun you again and i am curren on aim. eternalevoyage for thoes that are looking. for ore a confrons. i'm lookin for wolf now
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Reese Tora

Stumbled over the OOC thread in the old forum, read it through. I suppose you aren't still open for more players?

--edit--

Though I could only post in the morning and evening, and I wouldn't want to hold everyone up, if you are still accepting players.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Manawolf

Yes, we are.  Meet me over AIM if you can.

Reese Tora

Marosharr of the Stalking Wolf clan

The male feline before you is of slightly below average Height for a member of the catfolk race, standing roughly 5'6", and is light of build, weighing only 150 pounds.  He has long tawny-brown hair held in multiple small braids, and dark grey fur covered with many lighter colored rossette patterns over the rest of his body.  A small number of small metal and bone charms are woven into the braids on the back of his head.

This short feline is wearing a shirt of chain armor over a rough-woven tunic, and a dark leather vest over both of them.  Over his legs are tough looking tan leather trousers and a pair ofrugged black boots addorn his feet.  The hilt of a dagger peeks out from the top of one of them.  The vest and pants are covered with various pockets, and a number of pouches hang from his belt.  The bulge of a pack is seen beneath the rough woolen cloak that is slung over his shoulders, and a pair of gloves are tucked into his belt opposite a shortsword.  A single small saphire addorns the pommel of the sword, and seems to glow with a cold flame as the light hits it.

His ears are erect and twitching with interest, and a smile tugs at his mouth as you realize that he is studying you in kind.

Marosharr of the Stalking Wolf clan

Scout 8: CR 8; Medium Humanoid (catfolk); HD 8d8+24; HP 71; Init +7; Spd 60ft; AC 25; Touch 17; FF 19; BAB +6; Grp xx; atk +11 melee (1d6+5+1d6 cold 19-20/x2 +1 shortsword of frost) or +13 ranged (1d6+2 x3 masterwork composite shortbow +2 str); SA Skirmish(+2d6, +2AC), spring attack; SQ low light vision, trap finding, battle fortitude, uncanny dodge, fast movement, trackless step, evasion, flawless stride, Camouflage; AL NG; Saves fort +6, ref +12, will +4; Str 18, Dex 22(20), Con 16, Int 10, Wis 14, Chr 12.

Skills and Feats: Balance +8, Hide +17, Jump +12, Knowledge(geo) +5, Listen +17, Move Silently +19, search +11, spot +15, Tumble +19, Survival +13; Dodge, Alertness, Mobility, Spring Attack, Quick Recconoiter

Possessions: +2 mithral shirt, ring of protection +1, amulet of natural armor +1, Heward's Handy Haversack, Boots of striding and springing, Gloves of Dexterity +2, MW composite shortbow (+2 str), Ice fang (+1 short sword of frost), arrows (98), dagger, dragon's breath arrows (19), serpent's tongue arrows (20), flint & steel, hooded lantern, small steel mirror, flask of oil (5), belt pouch (2), trail rations (10 days), Hemp rope (50'), Tent, water skin (5), potion of cure light (3), potion of cure moderate (4), potion of haste (1), oil of keen edge (2), 108g 5s
plus 5234g 2s
(effective encumbrance: 27.5 lb)

XP: 34952

--edits--
07-26-06 : reduced CR as per unearthed arcana rule for reducing level adjustments (p18); added XP count
08-01-06 : updated XP total
08-23-06 : updated XP, corrected Con save, applied level 8
09-25-06 : belated update of arrow total
10-5-06 : updated XP total
11-12-06 : Updated inventory with purchases & loot money, updated stats with gloves of dex
12-8-06 : Updated XP total
12-22-06 : Updated XP total
02-10-07 : Updated XP, Inventory
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Joshua

Manawolf, just as a helping hand to yourself and the players alike, I think location tags would be helpful in keeping the seperate groups better organized. I will also cut back on future confusion of who's where.

Manawolf

Well, I did say where everyone was in the starting post of the IC thread, but I will reiterate.

The characters of E_Voyager, Joshua and Saeoun are at the temple of Pelor with the priest and the 6 clerics from the temple as well that have been following Saeoun, but will be moving onto the trail of the orcs soon enough. 

Azlan, DDR, Lobsopdoy, and Myself are outside the temple of Kord, along with 10 of my soldiers. 

DV, Zander, Malakin, DG, and Rakuras are at the Eastgate, along with Lars the overseer of Eastgate and his 8 gaurds, and also the 12 engineers who hauled the cannons to Eastgate.

Tezkat is back at the shipyard warehouse, where he's interrogating the Orc POWs, along with a few dozen soldiers standing guard over the area.

If anyone needs a reposting of the map, just ask.

Edit: Another note folks on how I run my RPs.  I am combining Disable Device and Open Lock.  Hey, they combined Bluff and Innuendo, and rogues already have enough skills to get without needing to worry about needing one skill to jam the lock, and another one to actually spring it.

Zedd

Okays heres my char  Zedd: NG Level 8 Human Battle Sorcerer

Stats:
HP: 59
STR: 14
DEX: 16
CON: 14
INT: 10
WIS: 10
CHA: 20

Fort: +4
Ref: +5
Will: +5

AC: 23 (with Shield Spell, Touch 17, Flat footed 16)
Attack: +8/+3 (+9/+4 with scimitar, +9 ranged touch spell)
Skills: Concentration +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +11, Spellcraft +13

Feats: Celestial Sorcerer Heritage, Celestial Sorcerer Aura, Celestial Sorcerer Wings, Improved Familiar (Blink Dog)

Spells Known:
0 (7)-Detect Magic, Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Light, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Touch of Fatigue
1st (4)-Protection From Evil, Magic Missile, Lesser Orb of Electricity, Lesser Orb of Cold, Shield
2nd (2)-Knock, Scorching Ray
3rd (1)-Fireball
4th (1)-Orb of Force

Spells per day- 0 5/day, 1st 7/day, 2nd 6/day, 3rd 5/day, 4th 3/day

+1 Scimitar (2315 GP), Mithralmist Shirt (21300 GP), Spell Component Pouch (5 GP), Hooded Lantern (7 GP), 13 pints of oil (1 GP, 3 SP), Backpack, Bedroll, Waterskin, Sack, 7 day's trail rations (6 GP, 7 SP)

336 PP, 5 GP

Manawolf

That's two of the people coming in.  I still need Netami and Azlan to post their character sheets, then they can enter.  I'll even factor in the XP growths so your up to the same footing as the rest of the group XP wise.

Azlan

Aireluin Silithiel
Half-fey Snow Elf
Lawful Good
Class: Rogue 2/Cleric 3/Shadowbane Stalker 1

Stats:
STR: 10/+0
DEX: 18/+4 20/+5
CON: 13/+1
INT: 16/+3
WIS: 20/+5
CHA: 12/+1

HP: 47
AC: 22/23 (Touch 14/15, Flat-footed 18)
Attack: +10 with rapier (1d6+1+1d6, 18-20) or +10 shortbow (1d6, *3)

Fort:   3   +4    
Ref:   6   +10/+11     
Will:   5   +10    

Elven proficiency
Detect secret doors within 5ft
Immune to sleep
+2 save verse enchantments
Low-light vision
Fey type
DR 5/cold iron
Butterfly wings (60ft, good maneuverability)
Immune to Enchantments
Charm Person at will

Spell-like abilities: (10 + 1: 11)
Hypnotism 1/day
Faerie Fire or Glitterdust 1/day
Detect Law 3/day
Sleep or Enthrall 1/day
Protection from Law 3/day
Tasha's Hideous Laughter or Suggestion 1/day

Feats:
Devoted Inquisitor
Weapon Finesse
Extra Smiting

Destuction Domain
Luck Domain
Smite evil 1/day (+2 attack, +3 damage)
Smite Attack 1/day (+4 attack, +3 damage)
Good Fortune 1/day
Detect Evil at will
Sacred Stealth +4
Sneak Attack +1d6
Trapfinding
Evasion

Spells: (10 + spell level + ability)
0 (5+1)-Detect Magic *2, Resistance, Guidance *2
1st (5+1)-Bless, Doom, Shield of Faith *2, Protection from Evil
2nd (3+1)-Cloud of Knives, Hold Person, Silence

Skills:
Gather Information 9 (+1 Ability): +10
Search 9 (+2 Elf bonus, +3 Ability): +14
Sense Motive 9 (+5 Ability): +14
Hide 9 (+4/+5 Ability): +13/+14
Move Silently 9 (+4/+5 Ability): +13/+14
Concentration 9 (+1 Ability): +10
Disable Device 9 (+3 Ability): +12 (+14 w/MW tools)
Knowledge (Religion) 9 (+3 Ability): +12
Tumble 7 (+4/+5 Ability): +11/+12
Listen 0 (+2 Elf bonus, +5 Ability): +7
Spot 0 (+2 Elf bonus, +5 Ability): +7

Gear:
+2 Mithral Chain Shirt (6/6/-0/10/30; 5100 GP), +1 Light Steel Shield (1159), +1 Shocking Rapier (8320), Gloves of Dexterity +2 (4000 GP), Heward's Handy Haversack (2000 GP), 2 Wands of Cure Light Wounds (1500 GP), 5 potions of Invisibility (1500 GP), 10 Cure Light Wounds Potions (500 GP), Quiver of Ehlonna (1800), 8 Alchemical Silver Daggers (176 GP), Masterwork Shortbow (330 GP), 60 arrows (3 GP), Crowbar (2 GP), Tent (10 GP), Bedroll (1 SP), Winter Blanket (5 SP), 8 waterskins (8 GP), 300 ft silk rope (60 GP), Masterwork Thieves Tools (100 GP), Climber's Kit (80 GP), 20 days rations (10 GP), 20 days feed (1 GP), Silver Holy Symbol (25 GP), Light Warhorse (150 GP), Military Saddle (60 GP), Studded Leather Barding (100 GP)

5 GP, 4 SP

Netami

Introducing Silas MacNamera. I'll have a little bio later for you.

Neutral Good Level 8 Human Bard

Stats:
HP: 42
STR: 14
DEX: 14
CON: 12
INT: 16
WIS: 10
CHA: 18

Fort: +3
Ref: +8
Will: +6

AC: 18 (12 Touch, 16 flat-footed)
Attack: +8/+3 (+9/+4 with weapons, 1d6+3 damage each)
Skills: Bluff +15, Diplomacy +19, Gather Information +15, Knowledge (Geography) +14, (History) +14, (Nobility and Royalty) +14, (Dungeoneering) +14, (Architecture and Engineering) +14, Perform (Wind Instruments) +20

Feats: Versatile Performer (String instruments, Dance, and Singing), Disguise Spell, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot

Bardic Music 8/day, Bardic Knowledge +10, Countersong, Fascinate, Inspire Courage +2, Suggestion (DC 18)
Spells known:
0 (6)-Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Mending, Prestidigitation
1st (4)-Charm Person, Cure Light Wounds, Remove Fear, Tasha's Hideous Laughter
2nd (4)-Cure Moderate Wounds, Insidious Rhythm, Silence, Tongues
3rd (3)-Charm Monster, Good Hope, Remove Curse

Spells per day: 0 3/day, 1st 4/day, 2nd 4/day, 3rd 2/day

Song Blade (6400 GP), +1 Composite Shortbow (STR +2) (2525 GP), Mitrhal Chain Shirt (1100 GP), +1 buckler (1165 GP), Spell Component Pouch (5 GP), Masterwork Pan Pipes (100 GP), Trumpeter's Gift (12000 GP), 60 arrows (3 GP), Hooded Lantern (7 GP), 13 pints of oil (1 GP, 3 SP), Backpack, Bedroll, Waterskin, Sack, 7 day's trail rations (6 GP, 7 SP)

368 PP, 7 GP

Manawolf

The new players will be moving in soon, either by Friday or when someone posts , whichever comes first.